Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Piroe transfer opportunities getting more limited 18:23 - Aug 8 with 8704 viewsKeithHaynes

I’m wondering now is this more about his all round game.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Piroe transfer opportunities getting more limited on 18:50 - Aug 8 with 4606 viewsSullutaCreturned

Think back, Keith. A few of us said things like, he can't head a ball, he's not a great tackler and he's not really pacy.

In the Championship he can be good but maybe the higher teams don't rate him?
Piroe transfer opportunities getting more limited on 19:18 - Aug 8 with 4550 viewsWhiterockin

Piroe transfer opportunities getting more limited on 18:50 - Aug 8 by SullutaCreturned

Think back, Keith. A few of us said things like, he can't head a ball, he's not a great tackler and he's not really pacy.

Exactly, as we have been saying that to get anywhere near the price we want he needs to be able to head the ball. It's vital for set plays, attacking and defensive. Yes people throw up names from the past who were poor with their head, but this is here and now in the modern game. £12-£15M is more than realistic, if not excellent business. Gyokeres all round game is better.
Piroe transfer opportunities getting more limited on 19:21 - Aug 8 with 4531 viewsKeithHaynes

Piroe transfer opportunities getting more limited on 18:50 - Aug 8 by SullutaCreturned

I agree on his heading and pace for sure.

Piroe transfer opportunities getting more limited on 20:58 - Aug 8 with 4371 viewsDr_Winston

The hill I am prepared to die on is that Piroe has no chance of making it in the Premier league as a forward. He could become a very effective #10 for somebody, but being able to take chances at the lower level isn't enough for top division clubs any more.

There are simply too many question marks about his game when leading the line for any Premier League team to fork out the kind of fee that we're demanding. We may get something from a team in a lesser league like Serie A, but the Prem will probably all turn their noses up.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2023 20:59]

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Piroe transfer opportunities getting more limited on 21:15 - Aug 8 with 4323 viewsunion_jack

Piroe transfer opportunities getting more limited on 20:58 - Aug 8 by Dr_Winston

The hill I am prepared to die on is that Piroe has no chance of making it in the Premier league as a forward. He could become a very effective #10 for somebody, but being able to take chances at the lower level isn't enough for top division clubs any more.

There are simply too many question marks about his game when leading the line for any Premier League team to fork out the kind of fee that we're demanding. We may get something from a team in a lesser league like Serie A, but the Prem will probably all turn their noses up.

And indeed they have so far.

Couldn’t agree more by the way.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Piroe transfer opportunities getting more limited on 21:19 - Aug 8 with 4308 viewsDr_Winston

Piroe transfer opportunities getting more limited on 21:15 - Aug 8 by union_jack

And indeed they have so far.

Couldn’t agree more by the way.

By far the best football he's played for us was in the second half of the 21/22 season when he was tucked in just behind Obafemi. He's got the skillset to do well in that position.

When he's up top on his own for us there's just too many things lacking for teams to fork out the kind of fee that we're asking for him.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Piroe transfer opportunities getting more limited on 21:25 - Aug 8 with 4277 viewsWhiterockin

Piroe transfer opportunities getting more limited on 21:19 - Aug 8 by Dr_Winston

By far the best football he's played for us was in the second half of the 21/22 season when he was tucked in just behind Obafemi. He's got the skillset to do well in that position.

When he's up top on his own for us there's just too many things lacking for teams to fork out the kind of fee that we're asking for him.

He has the skill set to make a yard to get a shot off, but it's difficult up top. This is why I think with Cullen and Yates up front, creating space and running riot, with Piroe behind our goals tally would go through the roof.
Piroe transfer opportunities getting more limited on 21:26 - Aug 8 with 4270 viewsDr_Winston

Piroe transfer opportunities getting more limited on 21:25 - Aug 8 by Whiterockin

He has the skill set to make a yard to get a shot off, but it's difficult up top. This is why I think with Cullen and Yates up front, creating space and running riot, with Piroe behind our goals tally would go through the roof.

Couldn't agree more, although we're probably just about more likely to see the unpronounceable Ukrainian once he's up to speed as Cullen.

Login to get fewer ads

Piroe transfer opportunities getting more limited on 21:28 - Aug 8 with 4258 viewsWhiterockin

Piroe transfer opportunities getting more limited on 21:26 - Aug 8 by Dr_Winston

Couldn't agree more, although we're probably just about more likely to see the unpronounceable Ukrainian once he's up to speed as Cullen.

Your probably right but I can't spell his name.
Piroe transfer opportunities getting more limited on 21:35 - Aug 8 with 4217 viewsChippy69

I'm going for Dai Krane
Quite catchy

They make us feel indebted For saving us from hell And then they put us through it It's time the bastards fell

Piroe transfer opportunities getting more limited on 22:09 - Aug 8 with 4109 viewsItchySphincter

Piroe transfer opportunities getting more limited on 19:18 - Aug 8 by Whiterockin

Exactly, as we have been saying that to get anywhere near the price we want he needs to be able to head the ball. It's vital for set plays, attacking and defensive. Yes people throw up names from the past who were poor with their head, but this is here and now in the modern game. £12-£15M is more than realistic, if not excellent business. Gyokeres all round game is better.

If he scores 15-20 goals a season it absolutely does not matter if he never heads a ball in his life.

Thierry Henri couldn’t head a ball.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Piroe transfer opportunities getting more limited on 22:15 - Aug 8 with 4080 viewsWhiterockin

Piroe transfer opportunities getting more limited on 22:09 - Aug 8 by ItchySphincter

If he scores 15-20 goals a season it absolutely does not matter if he never heads a ball in his life.

Thierry Henri couldn’t head a ball.

I think it does for Premier League clubs otherwise how do you explain no offers coming in for him.
Piroe transfer opportunities getting more limited on 22:19 - Aug 8 with 4043 viewsDr_Winston

I don't think the reasons that Premier League teams have been reluctant to meet our fee for Piroe can reasonably be boiled down to "Heading".

He's looked a little lost quite often as a lone striker for us. Some of that can certainly be laid at the feet of Russell Martin and his process. Quite a lot of it can't.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2023 22:28]

Piroe transfer opportunities getting more limited on 22:35 - Aug 8 with 3987 viewsmax936

Piroe transfer opportunities getting more limited on 21:28 - Aug 8 by Whiterockin

Your probably right but I can't spell his name.

Here you go WR, you can have this one on me Kukharevych

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Piroe transfer opportunities getting more limited on 23:23 - Aug 8 with 3895 viewsRichardO

Piroe transfer opportunities getting more limited on 22:19 - Aug 8 by Dr_Winston

I don't think the reasons that Premier League teams have been reluctant to meet our fee for Piroe can reasonably be boiled down to "Heading".

He's looked a little lost quite often as a lone striker for us. Some of that can certainly be laid at the feet of Russell Martin and his process. Quite a lot of it can't.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2023 22:28]

It would seem it is part of his game that he is trying to address given the highlights of the Haverfordwest game which is what a talented player should be working on to improve his overall game.
Piroe transfer opportunities getting more limited on 23:23 - Aug 8 with 3894 viewsBadlands

All of the above means he is never a £20 million player maybe not even half that.
Many have compared him with Gyökeres but last season in all competitions
Piroe … 20 goals & 2 assists
Gyökeres … 22 goals & 12 assists.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Piroe transfer opportunities getting more limited on 23:28 - Aug 8 with 3882 viewsRichardO

Looking at tonight and Saturdays game it looks as if we have quite a power strike force with plenty of options ,early days but Yates, Piroe and Ginnelly already on the scoresheet and I don't think Cullen or Kukharevych will be long in adding to it.
Piroe transfer opportunities getting more limited on 23:29 - Aug 8 with 3881 viewsdobjack2

Piroe transfer opportunities getting more limited on 20:58 - Aug 8 by Dr_Winston

I agree. His most likely destination as a proven championship goal scorer is a relegated team with parachute payments.
Piroe transfer opportunities getting more limited on 08:33 - Aug 9 with 3654 viewsjack247

Piroe transfer opportunities getting more limited on 23:28 - Aug 8 by RichardO

Looking at tonight and Saturdays game it looks as if we have quite a power strike force with plenty of options ,early days but Yates, Piroe and Ginnelly already on the scoresheet and I don't think Cullen or Kukharevych will be long in adding to it.

I’d obviously love him to sign, but if he does we’re overloaded up front. Realistically he starts when fit. Not sure how much game time everyone else gets.

Is Ginelly a striker or a winger?
Is Kukharevych a direct option when we’re chasing the game? If he’s as mobile and technical as has been suggested, he’s probably more than that.
Yates and Cullen seem to have similar attributes.

I’m a big Cullen fan, but no room for sentimentality, if Piroe stays, I think he starts to struggle.

Also concerned how it would affect us financially. I’m guessing we were relying on a fee. Desperately need a left back, really hope this doesn’t cause another Latibaudiere situation on the other side. Hopefully the Ntcham fee and wages saved covers that.
Piroe transfer opportunities getting more limited on 09:24 - Aug 9 with 3601 viewsWhiterockin

Piroe transfer opportunities getting more limited on 22:35 - Aug 8 by max936

Here you go WR, you can have this one on me Kukharevych

Thanks, now tell me how to pronounce it.
Piroe transfer opportunities getting more limited on 10:20 - Aug 9 with 3539 viewsRichardO

Piroe transfer opportunities getting more limited on 08:33 - Aug 9 by jack247

I’d obviously love him to sign, but if he does we’re overloaded up front. Realistically he starts when fit. Not sure how much game time everyone else gets.

Is Kukharevych a direct option when we’re chasing the game? If he’s as mobile and technical as has been suggested, he’s probably more than that.

I’m a big Cullen fan, but no room for sentimentality, if Piroe stays, I think he starts to struggle.

Also concerned how it would affect us financially. I’m guessing we were relying on a fee. Desperately need a left back, really hope this doesn’t cause another Latibaudiere situation on the other side. Hopefully the Ntcham fee and wages saved covers that.

Ginnelly looked quite happy on the left hand side of the front three and came deep to collect the ball for his right-footed strike. Looks very mobile and didn't stay out wide hunting across the front line.
Kukharevych looks, given the short time on the pitch, a player who can feed a forward running striker with his aerial prowse and bring into play quickly, wide wingers from his central position with good foot work.
Got to look at the opposition and time of the game, might be different against better players at the start of a game.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2023 19:02]
Piroe transfer opportunities getting more limited on 17:55 - Aug 11 with 3160 viewsKeithHaynes

Everton out of the running now.

Piroe transfer opportunities getting more limited on 18:01 - Aug 11 with 3141 viewsKeithHaynes

Piroe transfer opportunities getting more limited on 09:24 - Aug 9 by Whiterockin

Thanks, now tell me how to pronounce it.

Koo Kara Vich

Or

Koo Karay Vich

I would say 😂

Piroe transfer opportunities getting more limited on 18:09 - Aug 11 with 3108 viewsWhiterockin

Piroe transfer opportunities getting more limited on 18:01 - Aug 11 by KeithHaynes

Koo Kara Vich

Or

Koo Karay Vich

I would say 😂

Thanks, I will shout it loud if he comes on tomorrow and blame you if he gives me the evil eye.
[Post edited 11 Aug 2023 18:10]
Piroe transfer opportunities getting more limited on 18:48 - Aug 11 with 3043 viewsGVJack

Piroe transfer opportunities getting more limited on 08:33 - Aug 9 by jack247

If Piroe stays I think Cullen may be sent out on loan to get regular time. Either with a rival championship team (if any suitors) or dropping down to L1 (or Scotland could be an option) .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024