Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sunderland v Swansea City : Match day Michael 20:13 - Feb 19 with 10538 viewsliamW

Beale is back on his market stall and the Swans are the next visitors. The third managerial change for the Swans in a calendar year !

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/61984/swansea-city-it-se

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/61997/away-fans-guide-lu

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/62005

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/62013/swans-gather-more-

This post has been edited by an administrator
Sunderland v Swansea City : Match day Michael on 15:22 - Feb 24 with 1338 viewsonehunglow

Sunderland v Swansea City : Match day Michael on 15:21 - Feb 24 by bluenile

Ronald! Get in!

Love this lad. Got real commitment
Now,press on

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Sunderland v Swansea City : Match day Michael on 15:26 - Feb 24 with 1313 viewsbluenile

Should be 2-0. Take these chances lads!

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

Sunderland v Swansea City : Match day Michael on 15:27 - Feb 24 with 1303 viewsSullutaCreturned

How did Placheta miss the target then? I know the ball was moving fast but even so. he's having a decent game otherwise.

Ronald...
Sunderland v Swansea City : Match day Michael on 15:29 - Feb 24 with 1278 viewsbluenile

Bluddy hell! Get in Ronald lad! A hat trick beckons 🙂

Sunderland v Swansea City : Match day Michael on 15:29 - Feb 24 with 1274 viewsonehunglow

Sunderland v Swansea City : Match day Michael on 15:27 - Feb 24 by SullutaCreturned

How did Placheta miss the target then? I know the ball was moving fast but even so. he's having a decent game otherwise.

Ronald...

He’s going to be a star man

Sunderland v Swansea City : Match day Michael on 15:30 - Feb 24 with 1266 viewsThrasher6

The Do Ron Ron....

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Sunderland v Swansea City : Match day Michael on 15:31 - Feb 24 with 1235 viewsDr_Winston

Excellent second goal. Lovely anticipation and pass from Joey, lovely control and finish from Ronny.

Nice one.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Sunderland v Swansea City : Match day Michael on 15:35 - Feb 24 with 1195 viewsonehunglow

Obviously,most encouraging.
Sunderland on their knees
We need to trample on them now

Login to get fewer ads

Sunderland v Swansea City : Match day Michael on 15:37 - Feb 24 with 1183 viewscadleigh

A full back and a winger playing with purpose and understanding. How long has it been since we had that - one of the keys to our past success.

Poll: How long would you give Russell Martin to turn things around?

Sunderland v Swansea City : Match day Michael on 15:37 - Feb 24 with 1178 viewsSullutaCreturned

Sunderland v Swansea City : Match day Michael on 15:31 - Feb 24 by Dr_Winston

Excellent second goal. Lovely anticipation and pass from Joey, lovely control and finish from Ronny.

Nice one.

Genuine pace and flair out wide plus splitting up grimes and Fulton has paid dividends even if Grimes is doing so well.

Question, the game is quite fast and we are pushing forward quickly, are we leaving grimes behind because he's too slow mentally? I've said before Grimes isnt instinctive enough, he thinks too much which slows things down. We are moving at pace today and grimes is having to keep up, is that why his passes are going astray?
Sunderland v Swansea City : Match day Michael on 15:38 - Feb 24 with 1166 viewsonehunglow

Sunderland v Swansea City : Match day Michael on 15:37 - Feb 24 by SullutaCreturned

Genuine pace and flair out wide plus splitting up grimes and Fulton has paid dividends even if Grimes is doing so well.

Question, the game is quite fast and we are pushing forward quickly, are we leaving grimes behind because he's too slow mentally? I've said before Grimes isnt instinctive enough, he thinks too much which slows things down. We are moving at pace today and grimes is having to keep up, is that why his passes are going astray?

I’d love Grimes to score a goal

Sunderland v Swansea City : Match day Michael on 15:40 - Feb 24 with 1142 viewsSullutaCreturned

Sunderland v Swansea City : Match day Michael on 15:38 - Feb 24 by onehunglow

I’d love Grimes to score a goal

I just want him to shoot more, go for it!
Sunderland v Swansea City : Match day Michael on 15:41 - Feb 24 with 1130 viewsFlashberryjack

Playing really well, just hope the missed chances we've had to finish the game don't come back to haunt us.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Sunderland v Swansea City : Match day Michael on 15:42 - Feb 24 with 1120 viewsonehunglow

Sunderland v Swansea City : Match day Michael on 15:40 - Feb 24 by SullutaCreturned

I just want him to shoot more, go for it!

Yea.
Over the years he’s been discouraged ,I feel.
I’m still nervous though.
Need a third

Sunderland v Swansea City : Match day Michael on 15:42 - Feb 24 with 1122 viewsKeithHaynes

Placheta needs to get his scoring head on 😂

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Sunderland v Swansea City : Match day Michael on 15:43 - Feb 24 with 1103 viewsnantywatcher

Sunderland v Swansea City : Match day Michael on 15:37 - Feb 24 by SullutaCreturned

"too slow mentally" - it would be impossible to dream up some of the stuff written on here!
Sunderland v Swansea City : Match day Michael on 15:45 - Feb 24 with 1088 viewsDr_Winston

Entirely possible.

I've said before that he's capable of a lot more than we usually see from him, but it's possible that in a really fast paced side he would be struggle.

Maybe if we had a Pratley/Ntcham/DeGuzman CM to drive the play on he could adapt to the Leon role.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Sunderland v Swansea City : Match day Michael on 15:52 - Feb 24 with 1014 viewsSullutaCreturned

Sunderland v Swansea City : Match day Michael on 15:43 - Feb 24 by nantywatcher

"too slow mentally" - it would be impossible to dream up some of the stuff written on here!

Come on then, tell me why it isn't possible?

Johann Cruyff said "football is a game you play with your brain" and the best players are yards ahead mentally whereas Grimes is yards behind people like Cruyff.

PS, if it's impossible to dream up how come it happens

PPS, Bob Paisley said "at the highest level the first 2 yards are in your head" and have you never heard of slow of thought, slow of deed?
[Post edited 24 Feb 16:02]
Sunderland v Swansea City : Match day Michael on 15:53 - Feb 24 with 996 viewsbluenile

Sunderland v Swansea City : Match day Michael on 15:43 - Feb 24 by nantywatcher

Don't know why you're scoffing. The poster is quite correct. Grimes slowness on the ball and lack of pace usually costs us dearly. He also has a habit of playing a pass and then stopping to admire it, instead of going to look for the return!

Sunderland v Swansea City : Match day Michael on 15:57 - Feb 24 with 957 viewsSullutaCreturned

Sunderland v Swansea City : Match day Michael on 15:45 - Feb 24 by Dr_Winston

Entirely possible.

I've said before that he's capable of a lot more than we usually see from him, but it's possible that in a really fast paced side he would be struggle.

Maybe if we had a Pratley/Ntcham/DeGuzman CM to drive the play on he could adapt to the Leon role.

There's the difference, the reason DeGuzman and Ntcham were more entertaining, they get the ball look up and react whereas Grimes looks up and looks again, and again and is closed down and has to go sideways or backwards.

Maybe Grimes can adapt to a quicker game?
Sunderland v Swansea City : Match day Michael on 16:04 - Feb 24 with 883 viewsDr_Winston

Sunderland v Swansea City : Match day Michael on 15:57 - Feb 24 by SullutaCreturned

There's the difference, the reason DeGuzman and Ntcham were more entertaining, they get the ball look up and react whereas Grimes looks up and looks again, and again and is closed down and has to go sideways or backwards.

Maybe Grimes can adapt to a quicker game?

Yep.

Grimes' job should be ball acquisition and retention, with the primary focus of getting the it as quickly as possible to those more consistently capable of getting at opposing teams, with perhaps the odd longer pass if the opportunity arises. He's capable of more, but rarely. Perhaps best to acknowledge his limitations and reduce his importance.

This fantasy version of him as some sort of all action, deeply influential midfield force which some people have been pushing for the last four and a half years has been ludicrous for almost as long.
[Post edited 24 Feb 16:05]

Sunderland v Swansea City : Match day Michael on 16:07 - Feb 24 with 853 viewsWhiterockin

2-0 up we are bossing the game and some are slagging our player, oh dear.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Sunderland v Swansea City : Match day Michael on 16:07 - Feb 24 with 848 viewsSullutaCreturned

Sunderland v Swansea City : Match day Michael on 16:04 - Feb 24 by Dr_Winston

Yep.

Grimes' job should be ball acquisition and retention, with the primary focus of getting the it as quickly as possible to those more consistently capable of getting at opposing teams, with perhaps the odd longer pass if the opportunity arises. He's capable of more, but rarely. Perhaps best to acknowledge his limitations and reduce his importance.

This fantasy version of him as some sort of all action, deeply influential midfield force which some people have been pushing for the last four and a half years has been ludicrous for almost as long.
[Post edited 24 Feb 16:05]

I have been a Grimes critic for ages so maybe I'm just biased?

Things are definitely better with Allen in though.
Sunderland v Swansea City : Match day Michael on 16:09 - Feb 24 with 841 viewsAnotherJohn

Best half of tthe season in my opinion, with Ronald finally supplying end product. Actually everybody had played well, but I just hope the 5 or 6 missed chances don't cost us. Sunderland commentator commented on Naughton's pace.
Sunderland v Swansea City : Match day Michael on 16:09 - Feb 24 with 838 viewsonehunglow

Sunderland v Swansea City : Match day Michael on 16:07 - Feb 24 by Whiterockin

2-0 up we are bossing the game and some are slagging our player, oh dear.

We are looking to improve as we always should
Grimes first instinct is or has been to pass backwards
He can be so much better

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024