Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Departures in the development squad 11:05 - May 13 with 23812 viewskingsburyR

Looks like one huge axe has been wielded!

Our CEO is taking no prisoners this summer!

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/2024/may/13/development-squad-departures/
[Post edited 13 May 11:05]

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Departures in the development squad on 11:07 - May 13 with 6112 viewsTheChef

Goalkeeper Harry Cant, defenders Arkell Jude-Boyd, Trent Rendall and Deon Woodman, midfielder Samuel Sackey and forwards Hamzad Kargbo, Nathan Jeche, Micah Anthony, Joseph Ajose and Rafferty Pedder will all be moving on.

Hardly anyone left!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Departures in the development squad on 11:14 - May 13 with 6026 viewsdaveB

doesn't this happen every summer?

they are being very clever in how they are announcing it day by day so seems a lot more than usual when really it's pretty standard
[Post edited 13 May 11:16]
Departures in the development squad on 11:28 - May 13 with 5876 views1JD

Departures in the development squad on 11:14 - May 13 by daveB

doesn't this happen every summer?

they are being very clever in how they are announcing it day by day so seems a lot more than usual when really it's pretty standard
[Post edited 13 May 11:16]

yeah pretty standard fare Dave, its largely a clear out of the older ages.

Pedder, Kargbo, Rendall, Ajose, all 22; Jude-boyd, Woodman both 21.

that said, the club have been getting more ruthless with the U21 squad - no longer racking and stacking older age lads for one. started last summer
Departures in the development squad on 11:30 - May 13 with 5850 viewsderbyhoop

Jude-Boyd and Woodman had already been announced. I cant think there are (m)any surprises in that list.

There's little point in keeping 21+ year olds if there's almost zero chance of reaching Championship level.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Departures in the development squad on 11:38 - May 13 with 5733 viewsdmm

It does tend to happen every summer that there's a clear out but what's different this time is, at this point, it leaves the Dev squad very short in numbers. I reckon there are only 9 left in the squad but I could be wrong.

The last half dozen of Dev squad games saw a lot of trialists so there should be at least one or two from that lot who'll be signed up for a year.
Departures in the development squad on 11:44 - May 13 with 5627 views1JD

Departures in the development squad on 11:38 - May 13 by dmm

It does tend to happen every summer that there's a clear out but what's different this time is, at this point, it leaves the Dev squad very short in numbers. I reckon there are only 9 left in the squad but I could be wrong.

The last half dozen of Dev squad games saw a lot of trialists so there should be at least one or two from that lot who'll be signed up for a year.

they need to make space for the 4-5 that will be promoted from the u18s - there were 4 last year, kolli, talla, sackey, petrie (where is he?). the rest presumably from successful trialists
Departures in the development squad on 11:45 - May 13 with 5604 viewsDWQPR

The reality is that is they aren’t being loaned out to league one clubs at 18-19 then they will never be good enough. I suspect that Rangers could pick up a few rough diamonds in League Two or lower who have played in those divisions since the age of 18 and have had that hardening up against players of similar quality.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Departures in the development squad on 11:47 - May 13 with 5595 viewsPdog

Whenever i saw Micah Anthony i thought he looked decent, scoring a few goals from left wing, still a teenager, but hey i'm sure they know best.

As above, by 19-20 they should have played some mens football as the pace & physicality of that Dev squad league is a different world.
[Post edited 13 May 11:48]
Login to get fewer ads

Departures in the development squad on 11:57 - May 13 with 5471 viewsconnell10

Departures in the development squad on 11:47 - May 13 by Pdog

Whenever i saw Micah Anthony i thought he looked decent, scoring a few goals from left wing, still a teenager, but hey i'm sure they know best.

As above, by 19-20 they should have played some mens football as the pace & physicality of that Dev squad league is a different world.
[Post edited 13 May 11:48]

I thought Pedder looked decent, shame for him.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Departures in the development squad on 12:03 - May 13 with 5419 viewsdmm

Departures in the development squad on 11:44 - May 13 by 1JD

they need to make space for the 4-5 that will be promoted from the u18s - there were 4 last year, kolli, talla, sackey, petrie (where is he?). the rest presumably from successful trialists

Yeah, Leahy and Tuck from the U18s have been quite regularly playing for the DS so that's at least two.
Departures in the development squad on 12:04 - May 13 with 5394 viewsGaryBannister86

Departures in the development squad on 11:57 - May 13 by connell10

What's the last major rick we made at releasing a youngster (Millwall Eze-style, not poached). Can't remember many recently?
Departures in the development squad on 12:04 - May 13 with 5402 viewsLogman

Agree on Micah Anthony. Looked quick and skilful.

Pedder never looked like he was going to make it to me.

Who exactly are we pinning our hopes on now ? Kolli, obviously. Bala ? Aoraha ?
Departures in the development squad on 12:10 - May 13 with 5358 viewsdmm

Departures in the development squad on 12:04 - May 13 by GaryBannister86

What's the last major rick we made at releasing a youngster (Millwall Eze-style, not poached). Can't remember many recently?

Possibly Josh Laurent. Although we got something for him when he left us to join Brentford. He's gone on to have a decent career at this level.
Departures in the development squad on 12:21 - May 13 with 5244 viewsBAWHoops

Departures in the development squad on 12:10 - May 13 by dmm

Possibly Josh Laurent. Although we got something for him when he left us to join Brentford. He's gone on to have a decent career at this level.

I think Les tried desperately to keep him when he first came in as DOF, but he wanted out

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Departures in the development squad on 12:32 - May 13 with 5111 viewsbosh67

Departures in the development squad on 11:57 - May 13 by connell10

Me too. Have seen him in numerous development games and he's been excellent. Just shows what I know.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Departures in the development squad on 13:07 - May 13 with 4848 viewsBigears1966

Its a shame, but lets be honest, at 18 / 19 if your very good your in and about pushing the first team, if your 20 / 21 / 22 you need to be pushing the first team e.g. Koli. Now out of those released how many are pushing for a place in the first team squad, none as far as i know. They may have looked good in D/S but that's there level. We have far to long been a soft touch, renewed contracts because they look good and may make it, when in reality at the age they were not good enough. I wish everyone all the best and success but we need to be ruthless here, for them and us, as this helps push players on, otherwise were have another side that plays for us at that for 3 to 4 years without ever succeeding.
(No subject) (n/t) on 13:18 - May 13 with 4702 viewsstainrods_elbow

Departures in the development squad on 11:30 - May 13 by derbyhoop

Jude-Boyd and Woodman had already been announced. I cant think there are (m)any surprises in that list.

There's little point in keeping 21+ year olds if there's almost zero chance of reaching Championship level.

I think it's mostly a shocking judgment on our Academy/Development's set-up ability to actually, uh, oh that's right, DEVELOP anyone. What, exactly, have these players and coaches been doing all this time if this crop are now all on the way out? I know Les and Ramsey have been ejected, but is anyone else still stealing a living who's about and around it? If so, could they please fall on their swords now before next season's kick off?

To quote the spiky-haired 80s optimist Howard Jones, I guess things can only get better.
[Post edited 13 May 13:19]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Departures in the development squad on 13:20 - May 13 with 4708 viewsaston_hoop

Jeche surprises me, the rest I would have expected

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Departures in the development squad on 13:44 - May 13 with 4519 viewsHoopstar

I remember watching that show following a few young lads in the Palace (I think?) academy - and one of the coaches on there being pretty honest that in most age groups there's one, maybe two, players they have any real interest in and a lot of the other lads are makeweights they're pretty sure aren't going to make the grade but you need the squad to have the team for the ones with a chance to develop.

Seems like Kolli the one out of this particular age group, and I do think he has a chance of making it if he comes back from the injury.
Departures in the development squad on 13:50 - May 13 with 4463 viewsDavieQPR

Players over the age of 21 cannot be deducted from FFP allowance. Some of these p[ayers are pushing the age where they take a Squad Registration place.
Departures in the development squad on 13:57 - May 13 with 4391 viewsGloucs_R

Does anyone know what the statistics are? How many players from a youth team would eventually become established in the first team?

1 in 100?

Poll: Are we staying up?

Departures in the development squad on 14:07 - May 13 with 4330 viewsPdog

Departures in the development squad on 13:44 - May 13 by Hoopstar

I remember watching that show following a few young lads in the Palace (I think?) academy - and one of the coaches on there being pretty honest that in most age groups there's one, maybe two, players they have any real interest in and a lot of the other lads are makeweights they're pretty sure aren't going to make the grade but you need the squad to have the team for the ones with a chance to develop.

Seems like Kolli the one out of this particular age group, and I do think he has a chance of making it if he comes back from the injury.

Yeah, i imagine half the youth contracts given out are just to make up the numbers to field a team for the following yr with the hope of being surprised whilst main focus is pinned on one or two. Or maybe that's being too cynical.
[Post edited 13 May 14:08]
Departures in the development squad on 14:20 - May 13 with 4222 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Departures in the development squad on 13:57 - May 13 by Gloucs_R

Does anyone know what the statistics are? How many players from a youth team would eventually become established in the first team?

1 in 100?

Les quoted 33 first team appearances since he arrived.

That probably didn’t include Kolli.

Eze and a handful of others aside, no one pulled up any trees granted, but compared to near zero for the previous ten years at least the machine is working.

That’s why I get annoyed when people say good riddance when a YT coach leaves or call them EDI unicorns because that is a huge leap.
[Post edited 13 May 14:23]
Departures in the development squad on 14:22 - May 13 with 4210 viewsGloucs_R

Departures in the development squad on 14:20 - May 13 by BazzaInTheLoft

Les quoted 33 first team appearances since he arrived.

That probably didn’t include Kolli.

Eze and a handful of others aside, no one pulled up any trees granted, but compared to near zero for the previous ten years at least the machine is working.

That’s why I get annoyed when people say good riddance when a YT coach leaves or call them EDI unicorns because that is a huge leap.
[Post edited 13 May 14:23]

But that doesn't mean they are established players, just that they've been given an appearance in the first round of the Mickey mouse cup....

Thanks though.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Departures in the development squad on 14:29 - May 13 with 4159 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Departures in the development squad on 14:22 - May 13 by Gloucs_R

But that doesn't mean they are established players, just that they've been given an appearance in the first round of the Mickey mouse cup....

Thanks though.

Sorry I went back and added some more! It’s still impressive, and the amount of decent first teamers is reasonable in my opinion.
[Post edited 13 May 14:31]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024