Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rory Donnelly named League 2 Player of the Month 07:01 - Feb 6 with 9352 viewsZut_Alors

http://www.football-league.co.uk/news/article/2015/rory-donnelly-named-sky-bet-l

Well done, Rory. Will be interesting to follow his progress.
Rory Donnelly named League 2 Player of the Month on 07:17 - Feb 6 with 7736 viewsSwansNZ

If only we were in L2, he could do a job for us.

Actually, I'd have rather him have been given a chance, before Itay and Alvaro.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Rory Donnelly named League 2 Player of the Month on 08:24 - Feb 6 with 7642 viewsGretsch

Hopefully he will grow a pair in league 2, still early days.

I would still like to give him a chance with us, hate to see him transfer to Tranmere and they end up selling him on as some sort of superstar.

Take him back if he continues like this, give him a go, if no good flog him next January.
Rory Donnelly named League 2 Player of the Month on 08:25 - Feb 6 with 7639 viewsZut_Alors

Rory Donnelly named League 2 Player of the Month on 07:17 - Feb 6 by SwansNZ

If only we were in L2, he could do a job for us.

Actually, I'd have rather him have been given a chance, before Itay and Alvaro.

Me too. I think Laudrup should have played more young players in our post cup run dip of form. Think that could have energised the team a bit more. Hope once we get to 40 this year, Garry will do the same.
Rory Donnelly named League 2 Player of the Month on 09:19 - Feb 6 with 7541 viewsSenhin

He's the same age as Tom Carroll, and lots on here seem convinced Tom Carroll (who is playing just fine for us) won't ever be good enough to be a premier league player... What do they think of Donnelly?

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

Rory Donnelly named League 2 Player of the Month on 09:27 - Feb 6 with 7521 viewsOldjack

When Garry feels he's good enough he'll get a game have no fear of that ,he's not frighten to use new faces

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Rory Donnelly named League 2 Player of the Month on 10:27 - Feb 6 with 7430 viewsfather_jack

only the 4 divisions lower.

DRINK, FECK, GIRRRRLLSSS!

Rory Donnelly named League 2 Player of the Month on 10:40 - Feb 6 with 7407 viewsNeath_Jack

Rory Donnelly named League 2 Player of the Month on 09:19 - Feb 6 by Senhin

He's the same age as Tom Carroll, and lots on here seem convinced Tom Carroll (who is playing just fine for us) won't ever be good enough to be a premier league player... What do they think of Donnelly?

Only those who followed, (as in watched regularly, the u21's when he was playing) can give you their opinion of him. And then, he was playing in a poor team. Although you will get the experts on here saying he's not and never will be good enough.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Rory Donnelly named League 2 Player of the Month on 11:08 - Feb 6 with 7374 viewsicecoldjack

Rory Donnelly named League 2 Player of the Month on 09:27 - Feb 6 by Oldjack

When Garry feels he's good enough he'll get a game have no fear of that ,he's not frighten to use new faces

Exactly, monk has no problem usimg young players , but like i said a few weeks back 3 managers cant be all be wrong.

I think jonjo is the samr age and bends them in from 25 yrds on a regular basis but gets major stick from some quarters( in fairness understandable at times with some of things he does)

Striker is a hard position at this level at the best of times, if goals ant scored then the team is in trouble,and we only tend to play one up top which makes it harder to break through , we need the finished article up front unless we find a ome off talent,which is unlikely in that position , id sell him and insert a massive sell on clause of 30/35%.

RE itay and alvaro . I got the feeling with itay he was just a runner, used to close down space and work the channels to open up the middle for the likes of michu and JDG, alvaro the same to a lesser degree.

Alvaro had a decent record with the spanish u21 national team so obviously he was no mug, laudrup, like all managers will always use their own signings if its a 50/50 call, monk did the same by not using canas and poz, just one of them things , manager have preference to who they can trust to impliment their ideas.

Itay and alvaro were lucky dip gambles that cost us little,same with lamah, the club didnt lose too much financially by having them on loan here.

Nice to see him doing well though.
Login to get fewer ads

Rory Donnelly named League 2 Player of the Month on 14:36 - Feb 6 with 7199 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Rory Donnelly named League 2 Player of the Month on 11:08 - Feb 6 by icecoldjack

Exactly, monk has no problem usimg young players , but like i said a few weeks back 3 managers cant be all be wrong.

I think jonjo is the samr age and bends them in from 25 yrds on a regular basis but gets major stick from some quarters( in fairness understandable at times with some of things he does)

Striker is a hard position at this level at the best of times, if goals ant scored then the team is in trouble,and we only tend to play one up top which makes it harder to break through , we need the finished article up front unless we find a ome off talent,which is unlikely in that position , id sell him and insert a massive sell on clause of 30/35%.

RE itay and alvaro . I got the feeling with itay he was just a runner, used to close down space and work the channels to open up the middle for the likes of michu and JDG, alvaro the same to a lesser degree.

Alvaro had a decent record with the spanish u21 national team so obviously he was no mug, laudrup, like all managers will always use their own signings if its a 50/50 call, monk did the same by not using canas and poz, just one of them things , manager have preference to who they can trust to impliment their ideas.

Itay and alvaro were lucky dip gambles that cost us little,same with lamah, the club didnt lose too much financially by having them on loan here.

Nice to see him doing well though.

You keep repeating this "3 managers cant be all be wrong. ", so let's take a look at the reality of the situation shall we.
First of all although Donnelly was bought by Brendan and signed for the club on the 10/01/2012 he was obviously supposed to start with the U21s.
He started with the U21s on the 28/03/2012 against Chelsea U21s and scored in his first game against top U21 opposition.
He would have had no real opportunity to play for the first team under Brendan after that before Brendan left in June and ML took over 15/06/2012.
He went on the pre season tour and scored 6 goals.
He managed to get a sub under ML for 25 minutes on the 25/09/2012.
Schechter started 15/08/2012 and Vasquez on 02/09/2012.
Due to MLs preference for Schechter and especially Vasquez over even established Swans players Donnelly had no chance of making an appearance.
One year later he played in that very poor away leg in the Europa cup on the 29/08/2013.
The following month ML said about Donnelly that he would shine in the PL see
http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Michael-Laudrup-tips-Rory-Donnelly-shine
and then promptly ignored him again.
Donnelly was literally sent to Coventry on the 31/01/2014 and due to personal problems took no part in either Coventry's or Swansea football until 01/06/2014.
So during Monk's first period starting 04/02/1014 he was not available to play anyway.
Monk played Donnelly in the pre season friendlies but Donnelly was badly injured in the game against Plymouth on the 26/07/2014 and was out for 3 months.

Yep, that really sounds like 3 Managers who didn't rate him at all.

Funny how fans try to re-write history isn't it.

But then it is all about opinions and biases.
Rory Donnelly named League 2 Player of the Month on 16:12 - Feb 6 with 7108 viewsswanduck

Rory Donnelly named League 2 Player of the Month on 14:36 - Feb 6 by A_Fans_Dad

You keep repeating this "3 managers cant be all be wrong. ", so let's take a look at the reality of the situation shall we.
First of all although Donnelly was bought by Brendan and signed for the club on the 10/01/2012 he was obviously supposed to start with the U21s.
He started with the U21s on the 28/03/2012 against Chelsea U21s and scored in his first game against top U21 opposition.
He would have had no real opportunity to play for the first team under Brendan after that before Brendan left in June and ML took over 15/06/2012.
Due to MLs preference for Schechter and especially Vasquez over even established Swans players Donnelly had no chance of making an appearance.
One year later he played in that very poor away leg in the Europa cup on the 29/08/2013.
http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Michael-Laudrup-tips-Rory-Donnelly-shine
Donnelly was literally sent to Coventry on the 31/01/2014 and due to personal problems took no part in either Coventry's or Swansea football until 01/06/2014.
So during Monk's first period starting 04/02/1014 he was not available to play anyway.
Monk played Donnelly in the pre season friendlies but Donnelly was badly injured in the game against Plymouth on the 26/07/2014 and was out for 3 months.

He is not good enough, hence other players being bought in. He will never be a PL striker for goodness sake how do people still not get this?
Rory Donnelly named League 2 Player of the Month on 16:19 - Feb 6 with 7099 viewsskippyjack

Rory Donnelly named League 2 Player of the Month on 16:12 - Feb 6 by swanduck

He is not good enough, hence other players being bought in. He will never be a PL striker for goodness sake how do people still not get this?

Not with the Swans.. In a few years after floundering in the lower levels he might.. But I think it could be time to cash in.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Rory Donnelly named League 2 Player of the Month on 17:09 - Feb 6 with 7051 viewsNOTRAC

How anyone can say that he is not good enough to play Premier league football when he has never had the opportunity is beyond me.
To my mind there have been very few examples of us developing inexperienced young players for many years now.
Ben Davies is the obvious success story.Before he had his chance in the first team ,which was purely down to the injury to Taylor, most would have laughed at the idea of him being good enough for the Premier league.
Southampton have benefited from giving youngsters playing time in the a premier League , as this years success has particularly shown.
The only other player who has been given consistent chances is Jazz Richards, and if anyone argued that he is not quite good enough for Premier League football I would unfortunately have to agree.
We now have an excellent opportunity of trying some youngsters.It is something that we have not done on a regular basis, and I for one would welcome it, and Rory Donnelly would be an obvious choice.

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

Rory Donnelly named League 2 Player of the Month on 17:17 - Feb 6 with 7043 viewsicecoldjack

Rory Donnelly named League 2 Player of the Month on 14:36 - Feb 6 by A_Fans_Dad

Yeah, as i said, 3 managers have looked at him and can't all be wrong, now he is playing L2 which is closer to hi level than the premier league is.

He is 23 yrs old in a couple of weeks, hardly a spring chicken, when does a prospect not become a prospect? when he's 25/26 ? Same age as Bony when we sold him for £28m

I wish the boy well but he aint the best thing since sliced bread, if he was no way would Liverpool or Everton not bought him .

[Post edited 6 Feb 2015 17:21]
Rory Donnelly named League 2 Player of the Month on 17:29 - Feb 6 with 7020 viewsicecoldjack

Rory Donnelly named League 2 Player of the Month on 17:09 - Feb 6 by NOTRAC

How anyone can say that he is not good enough to play Premier league football when he has never had the opportunity is beyond me.
To my mind there have been very few examples of us developing inexperienced young players for many years now.
Ben Davies is the obvious success story.Before he had his chance in the first team ,which was purely down to the injury to Taylor, most would have laughed at the idea of him being good enough for the Premier league.
Southampton have benefited from giving youngsters playing time in the a premier League , as this years success has particularly shown.
The only other player who has been given consistent chances is Jazz Richards, and if anyone argued that he is not quite good enough for Premier League football I would unfortunately have to agree.
We now have an excellent opportunity of trying some youngsters.It is something that we have not done on a regular basis, and I for one would welcome it, and Rory Donnelly would be an obvious choice.

Kristian o Leary never had the opportunity to play Premier league football either, i'm sure enough that it would be just a little step too far for him.

Ditto the majority of other former Swans .
Rory Donnelly named League 2 Player of the Month on 18:01 - Feb 6 with 6984 viewstomdickharry

32yr old Ex Swans Marc Richards is the leading scorer in League 2 just says it all.
Rory Donnelly named League 2 Player of the Month on 18:40 - Feb 6 with 6950 viewsicecoldjack

Rory Donnelly named League 2 Player of the Month on 18:01 - Feb 6 by tomdickharry

32yr old Ex Swans Marc Richards is the leading scorer in League 2 just says it all.

Bloody hell ! forgot he was still playing, left us to move onto better things<coughs> in fairness we may never have had the likes of Trundle then.
Rory Donnelly named League 2 Player of the Month on 21:46 - Feb 6 with 6854 viewsEdmundo

He's doing ok, maybe get him a transfer out of here to re-enact his career.

Maybe we'll stick with him and give him another season.

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

Rory Donnelly named League 2 Player of the Month on 22:43 - Feb 6 with 6786 viewsJackanapes

"How anyone can say that he is not good enough to play Premier league football when he has never had the opportunity is beyond me. "

Im guessing alot of things are beyond you.

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Rory Donnelly named League 2 Player of the Month on 22:47 - Feb 6 with 6779 viewsKilkennyjack

This is true, our 'production line' has been shockingly poor for years. In fact it is just Ben.

Beware of the Risen People

Rory Donnelly named League 2 Player of the Month on 23:32 - Feb 6 with 6745 viewsicecoldjack

Rory Donnelly named League 2 Player of the Month on 22:47 - Feb 6 by Kilkennyjack

This is true, our 'production line' has been shockingly poor for years. In fact it is just Ben.

...And Joe Allen.

£25m quids worth of talent may be quite poor compared to other prem teams but we will catch up now that we have money to spend on development.

Im not sure but i suspect teams like Leeds,Wolves,QPR, leicster and others havent turned out as many in terms of value.
Rory Donnelly named League 2 Player of the Month on 23:40 - Feb 6 with 6739 viewsKilkennyjack

Joey was way way back in 2007 in terms of his swans league debut. I think Roberto was manager and perhaps david moss was the head of youth.

Rory Donnelly named League 2 Player of the Month on 09:07 - Feb 7 with 6629 viewsicecoldjack

Rory Donnelly named League 2 Player of the Month on 23:40 - Feb 6 by Kilkennyjack

Joey was way way back in 2007 in terms of his swans league debut. I think Roberto was manager and perhaps david moss was the head of youth.

Yes i know, but you did say "shockingly poor for years" which is why Joe was included .
Rory Donnelly named League 2 Player of the Month on 13:20 - Feb 7 with 6522 viewsKilkennyjack

I guess we are discussing whether 1 proper player a decade (yes a decade!) or 2 proper players a decade is good enough. My hope for the fairly immediate future is that we do a lot, lot better than than. And i think we will.

Rory Donnelly named League 2 Player of the Month on 20:50 - Feb 10 with 6401 viewsDaithejack

Our Rory just bagged another one against Newport.

Poll: Shelvey's Goal, Best Swans goal ever?

Rory Donnelly named League 2 Player of the Month on 09:12 - Feb 11 with 6231 viewsJethroJack

Rory Donnelly named League 2 Player of the Month on 21:46 - Feb 6 by Edmundo

He's doing ok, maybe get him a transfer out of here to re-enact his career.

Maybe we'll stick with him and give him another season.

Re-enact his career?
Why would a transfer help to "repeat" his career?
I think you meant....re-juvenate.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024