Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
mumbles pier 12:48 - Feb 13 with 2298 viewsjackb

just came across this fotage of mumbles pier - when did they tidy it up and build the bit at the end??

http://travelbydrone.com/play/10274
mumbles pier on 14:40 - Feb 13 with 2222 viewsLeonisGod

They were working on it through 2013 if I remember rightly. We used to look out across the bay before we moved and there were cranes out for a while to build the new lifeboat station. I was down there last weekend and the rest of the pier is still in urgent need of attention. There are signs up saying they are "waiting" for the next phase - presumably waiting til they find some money. There was a plan to build a new hotel complex on the point and part of the bri, er I mean 'incentive', for planning was money to do up the rest of the pier.

What they've done is nice though. It seems like a no-brainer to me to do it up. Yes I know hospitals need more cash, etc., but without the tourism Mumbles would be a shadow of what it is. It was really busy down there last Sunday.
mumbles pier on 16:59 - Feb 13 with 2158 viewsjackb

Cheers.

I agree, everyone loves a pier!
mumbles pier on 17:17 - Feb 13 with 2144 viewsBanosswan

mumbles pier on 16:59 - Feb 13 by jackb

Cheers.

I agree, everyone loves a pier!

Went down there last week, the lifeguard station is well worth a visit. The pier itself is still a building site, I think they will be doing it imminently.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024