Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FA CUP NEXT SEASON 13:58 - May 30 with 4037 viewsSgorioFruit

can we take it seriously next time please.

Aston VIlla FFS, that could have been Swansea City at Wembley today attempting to achieve the ultimate in British Football

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

FA CUP NEXT SEASON on 14:16 - May 30 with 2512 viewsairedale

I think that now, the PTB in football think that winning the PL is the ultimate in football.
FA CUP NEXT SEASON on 14:19 - May 30 with 2500 viewsjackforever

Look at some of the sh1t3 to have got to fa cup finals in recent years and we really do need to push it up our list of targets. Saying 7our draws have been shocking in recent years as well. We must of been drawn against more top flight sides in the past 4 seasons than we did in the previous 30 seasons combined.
FA CUP NEXT SEASON on 14:24 - May 30 with 2493 viewsSwan91

If we get the 6 additions we hope to add to the first team (and don't lose any big players) then we could put out a second string team that could compete in the premier league. So we could put out a strong second team for the fa cup and not let it affect our league campaign.
FA CUP NEXT SEASON on 15:51 - May 30 with 2402 viewsPrivate_Partz

Only a few of us have responded to this thread. I think it reflects the mentality that purvades with both club and supporters that we are currently only capable of PL survival and everything else is a distraction from this aim.
I wonder how long it will take before we all feel we are established enough to compete in cup competitions?
My take is we should try to win every match regardless and adjust our playing staff as necessary to cope with any additional demands as a result.
Ambition is indeed critical.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

FA CUP NEXT SEASON on 16:03 - May 30 with 2378 viewsSenhin

I'd love it if we could win this, and don't see how people can think we need to focus on the league to stay in it instead. We didn't get relegated when we won the capital one... Nor did we when we were in Europe.

I'm never one for massive reactions to things like some people. Sure I'll throw my arms up smiling if we score, or flail them and curse over a ridiculous referee decision but that's about it. But I remember being on my knees at the end of the first leg of the Chelsea game, then wandering around the room aimlessly grinning and not knowing what to do with myself.. and that was just the Capital One, not the FA.

Sure I wan't to be in the Premier League, but we can comfortably manage both more than most in the League at the moment... But the league doesn't give me the same feelings as that cup run did, and even if it meant we'd possibly struggle I'd still give that for experiencing those feelings again. I don't understand how someone wouldn't.

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

FA CUP NEXT SEASON on 16:03 - May 30 with 2378 viewsjack247

FA CUP NEXT SEASON on 15:51 - May 30 by Private_Partz

Only a few of us have responded to this thread. I think it reflects the mentality that purvades with both club and supporters that we are currently only capable of PL survival and everything else is a distraction from this aim.
I wonder how long it will take before we all feel we are established enough to compete in cup competitions?
My take is we should try to win every match regardless and adjust our playing staff as necessary to cope with any additional demands as a result.
Ambition is indeed critical.

Couldn't agree more. In our first season I was quite happy to go out of the cups, but we have moved on a long way since then. Absolutely no reason we shouldn't take the FA cup, if not both domestic cups seriously.

In response to the original post though 'Aston Villa FFS', it's hardly as if Rotherham are in the final, Villa are still a pretty big deal.
FA CUP NEXT SEASON on 16:19 - May 30 with 2351 viewssherpajacob

A cup final place was there for the taking this season.

Wouldn't it have been great today for us to be playing arsenal already having the double over them.

I would take 17th place and winning the fa cup next season.

Lets face it we should easily be able to have a good cup run and still finish above bournemouth, Watford, Sunderland, leicester and aston villa.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

FA CUP NEXT SEASON on 16:27 - May 30 with 2339 viewsDull1Thomas

Winning the FA Cup would qualify us for Europa Cup and since the players, Monk and the club are relieved we didn't qualify this year, other than shutting up some Cardiff fans (they'll always be the first Welsh club to have won it don't you know) what is the point?

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Login to get fewer ads

FA CUP NEXT SEASON on 16:32 - May 30 with 2327 viewsSenhin

FA CUP NEXT SEASON on 16:27 - May 30 by Dull1Thomas

Winning the FA Cup would qualify us for Europa Cup and since the players, Monk and the club are relieved we didn't qualify this year, other than shutting up some Cardiff fans (they'll always be the first Welsh club to have won it don't you know) what is the point?

To win a trophy... Which is kind of the point...

Also, to get into Europe again, because it was a great experience and the Europa League is probably the most impressive we could ever win.

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

FA CUP NEXT SEASON on 16:32 - May 30 with 2325 viewsjack247

FA CUP NEXT SEASON on 16:27 - May 30 by Dull1Thomas

Sums up what is wrong with domestic football in one post. We don't want any success round here.
FA CUP NEXT SEASON on 16:37 - May 30 with 2316 viewsdgt73

FA CUP NEXT SEASON on 16:32 - May 30 by jack247

Sums up what is wrong with domestic football in one post. We don't want any success round here.

The FA cup is not what it once was. The PL is the be all and end all.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

FA CUP NEXT SEASON on 16:50 - May 30 with 2276 viewsC_jack

I'd rather finish 8th.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

FA CUP NEXT SEASON on 16:50 - May 30 with 2275 viewsjack247

FA CUP NEXT SEASON on 16:37 - May 30 by dgt73

I know and that is the point. I'm not disagreeing with what has been said, it's just a pity that fans now see silverware as an albatross as we would have to play in Europe. God forbid.
FA CUP NEXT SEASON on 16:52 - May 30 with 2266 viewsEdmundo

I hope we have a right go at it next season. That and the League Cup are both achievable, so come on GM and HJ target either of the cups and a top 10 finish and we'll all be happy bunnies👍

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

FA CUP NEXT SEASON on 17:06 - May 30 with 2238 viewspencoedjack

FA CUP NEXT SEASON on 16:52 - May 30 by Edmundo

I hope we have a right go at it next season. That and the League Cup are both achievable, so come on GM and HJ target either of the cups and a top 10 finish and we'll all be happy bunnies👍

Agree with this ^

My biggest disappointment this season was how poorly we played at Ewood park.
FA CUP NEXT SEASON on 17:14 - May 30 with 2223 viewsjackal

Why not? We've done the double over both the teams playing today.
FA CUP NEXT SEASON on 17:15 - May 30 with 2219 viewsdgt73

FA CUP NEXT SEASON on 16:50 - May 30 by jack247

I know and that is the point. I'm not disagreeing with what has been said, it's just a pity that fans now see silverware as an albatross as we would have to play in Europe. God forbid.

Yes i agree....I'd love to see Swansea win the FA cup, but sadly not at the expense of staying the PL.

FA CUP NEXT SEASON on 17:17 - May 30 with 2212 viewsDarran

FA CUP NEXT SEASON on 17:15 - May 30 by dgt73

Yes i agree....I'd love to see Swansea win the FA cup, but sadly not at the expense of staying the PL.

Yeah because winning the cup means we get relegated.
Go and troll the other site FFS.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

FA CUP NEXT SEASON on 17:28 - May 30 with 2189 viewsPrivate_Partz

FA CUP NEXT SEASON on 16:37 - May 30 by dgt73

The money men have diminished it slightly but are you watching on TV at the mo? Fantastic platform for both clubs with billions of viewers.
It has to be an ambition for clubs like ours. a chance to win serious silverware and carve a place in history.
One day we may be Prem League champion contenders but that would appear many years away at the moment. If ever.
[Post edited 30 May 2015 17:29]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

FA CUP NEXT SEASON on 17:32 - May 30 with 2176 viewsdgt73

FA CUP NEXT SEASON on 17:17 - May 30 by Darran

Yeah because winning the cup means we get relegated.
Go and troll the other site FFS.

For someone who has said he doesn't visit the jackarmy forum, you seem to know everything that goes on there. PMSL.

FA CUP NEXT SEASON on 17:35 - May 30 with 2165 viewsDarran

FA CUP NEXT SEASON on 17:32 - May 30 by dgt73

For someone who has said he doesn't visit the jackarmy forum, you seem to know everything that goes on there. PMSL.

Bet you £20 for charity you can't show me a post where I've said I never visit there though saying that you don't pay up when you lose anyway do you?

FA CUP NEXT SEASON on 17:37 - May 30 with 2159 viewsdgt73

FA CUP NEXT SEASON on 17:35 - May 30 by Darran

Bet you £20 for charity you can't show me a post where I've said I never visit there though saying that you don't pay up when you lose anyway do you?

Well ok then you slag the place off yet, you can't resist a look.......PMSL.

FA CUP NEXT SEASON on 17:40 - May 30 with 2150 viewsDarran

FA CUP NEXT SEASON on 17:37 - May 30 by dgt73

Well ok then you slag the place off yet, you can't resist a look.......PMSL.

They're a bunch of pricks with the biggest one on there (and here) being you.

You're not having the bet then? Didn't think so somehow.

FA CUP NEXT SEASON on 17:43 - May 30 with 2143 viewsdgt73

FA CUP NEXT SEASON on 17:40 - May 30 by Darran

They're a bunch of pricks with the biggest one on there (and here) being you.

You're not having the bet then? Didn't think so somehow.

Why do you keep on visiting the place if you think that of them........fuk me you are thick as dog sh:te......

FA CUP NEXT SEASON on 17:45 - May 30 with 2133 viewsDarran

FA CUP NEXT SEASON on 17:43 - May 30 by dgt73

Why do you keep on visiting the place if you think that of them........fuk me you are thick as dog sh:te......

F*ck all to do with you.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024