Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
🇬🇧🇬🇧 Do you care if it was legal or not ? 🇬🇧🇬🇧 22:42 - Sep 8 with 9771 viewsScoobyWho

In defence of our country ?

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

🇬🇧🇬🇧 Do you care if it was legal or not ? 🇬🇧🇬🇧 on 23:18 - Sep 8 with 5523 viewsDyfnant

Government clearly trying to make a point, otherwise they would've just had the Yanks kill him.

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

🇬🇧🇬🇧 Do you care if it was legal or not ? 🇬🇧🇬🇧 on 23:49 - Sep 8 with 5473 viewsNookiejack

What date will Sir John Chilcot be free to start investigating whether this was legal or not?
🇬🇧🇬🇧 Do you care if it was legal or not ? 🇬🇧🇬🇧 on 00:15 - Sep 9 with 5443 viewsVinnie

Could not give a flying one,legal or not.These bar stewards had it coming and they got it,roll on the next air strike.
🇬🇧🇬🇧 Do you care if it was legal or not ? 🇬🇧🇬🇧 on 08:29 - Sep 9 with 5309 viewsperchrockjack

It's not a game, is war, and we are at war.

Isis want to kill us.

It's a warped perspective indeed that looks for reasons not to do what it takes to defeat these butchers.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

🇬🇧🇬🇧 Do you care if it was legal or not ? 🇬🇧🇬🇧 on 08:35 - Sep 9 with 5308 viewsJackSomething

The government acted quickly when they felt it was absolutely necessary to do so in the defence of this country. I have no problem with that. Now those actions are going to be scrutinised to ensure they were legal. I have no problem with that either.

While I am not going to lose any sleep over the deaths, those who say they don't care if it was legal or not are clearly not seeing where going down a road like that could end up.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

🇬🇧🇬🇧 Do you care if it was legal or not ? 🇬🇧🇬🇧 on 09:13 - Sep 9 with 5285 viewsMorfa_Same

I'm a little uncomfortable with the fact that the government can just press a button and exterminate anyone they choose, without trial or accountability. I'm sure they deserved it, but who gets to make that decision? Does anyone really believe this power won't be misused?

We need to be careful that our own government doesn't morph into the very regimes we feel so threatened by.

If the government have evidence they were an 'imminent threat' then this evidence needs to be made public without delay.
🇬🇧🇬🇧 Do you care if it was legal or not ? 🇬🇧🇬🇧 on 10:06 - Sep 9 with 5256 viewsNookiejack

🇬🇧🇬🇧 Do you care if it was legal or not ? 🇬🇧🇬🇧 on 09:13 - Sep 9 by Morfa_Same

I'm a little uncomfortable with the fact that the government can just press a button and exterminate anyone they choose, without trial or accountability. I'm sure they deserved it, but who gets to make that decision? Does anyone really believe this power won't be misused?

We need to be careful that our own government doesn't morph into the very regimes we feel so threatened by.

If the government have evidence they were an 'imminent threat' then this evidence needs to be made public without delay.

Totally agree
🇬🇧🇬🇧 Do you care if it was legal or not ? 🇬🇧🇬🇧 on 10:36 - Sep 9 with 5234 viewsClinton

The best way to defend the country is to adhere to the rule of law, national and international.
We British created a lot of International Law relating to wars after the horrors of the second world war.
The rule of law is what separates us from people like.....Islamic State.
Whether or not this drone thing was legal? I'll leave that to the lawyers when some facts emerge.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Login to get fewer ads

🇬🇧🇬🇧 Do you care if it was legal or not ? 🇬🇧🇬🇧 on 10:40 - Sep 9 with 5219 viewsHighjack

Yes although I'm glad they are dead I hope we have kept within the recognised boundaries of international warfare or we are no better than the scumbags who kidnap and kill for shock effect.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

🇬🇧🇬🇧 Do you care if it was legal or not ? 🇬🇧🇬🇧 on 12:11 - Sep 9 with 5175 viewsNatterjack

🇬🇧🇬🇧 Do you care if it was legal or not ? 🇬🇧🇬🇧 on 10:40 - Sep 9 by Highjack

Yes although I'm glad they are dead I hope we have kept within the recognised boundaries of international warfare or we are no better than the scumbags who kidnap and kill for shock effect.

I'd go a few steps further and solve the ISIS problem in 5 minutes.....Drop a nuclear bomb on Raqqa, then we'd see Jehadi John's smile wiped off his chops.
*Roll up, roll up...40 virgins for everyone!!*
🇬🇧🇬🇧 Do you care if it was legal or not ? 🇬🇧🇬🇧 on 12:26 - Sep 9 with 5159 viewsWingstandwood

🇬🇧🇬🇧 Do you care if it was legal or not ? 🇬🇧🇬🇧 on 12:11 - Sep 9 by Natterjack

I'd go a few steps further and solve the ISIS problem in 5 minutes.....Drop a nuclear bomb on Raqqa, then we'd see Jehadi John's smile wiped off his chops.
*Roll up, roll up...40 virgins for everyone!!*

I do often wonder? Raqqa?.......The U.S.A could quite easily bomb that place right back into the stone-age without any need for total obliteration? Pinpoint strikes on water/sewage facilities, electric/power supply facilities, communication infrastructure, fuel storage/supply depots and pipelines, major transport/supply routes, bridges etc?.......Some example of the perfect Islamic capitol Raqqa would be then? Would a WW2 1940's U.S.A have flattened and carpet bombed Raqqa in the same way it did with Tokyo?

Argus!

🇬🇧🇬🇧 Do you care if it was legal or not ? 🇬🇧🇬🇧 on 12:32 - Sep 9 with 5144 viewsLohengrin

🇬🇧🇬🇧 Do you care if it was legal or not ? 🇬🇧🇬🇧 on 12:26 - Sep 9 by Wingstandwood

I do often wonder? Raqqa?.......The U.S.A could quite easily bomb that place right back into the stone-age without any need for total obliteration? Pinpoint strikes on water/sewage facilities, electric/power supply facilities, communication infrastructure, fuel storage/supply depots and pipelines, major transport/supply routes, bridges etc?.......Some example of the perfect Islamic capitol Raqqa would be then? Would a WW2 1940's U.S.A have flattened and carpet bombed Raqqa in the same way it did with Tokyo?

A 1920's Britain would have used Mustard Gas. It would have exterminated the rodents and saved the buildings for the displaced to return to.

Then again if this was the '20s Faisal would never have allowed these events to unfold in the first place.
[Post edited 9 Sep 2015 12:36]

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

🇬🇧🇬🇧 Do you care if it was legal or not ? 🇬🇧🇬🇧 on 12:40 - Sep 9 with 5128 viewstomdickharry

What a load of rubbish this " is it legal clap trap is", IS is a threat to this country so its gloves off,the drones are brilliant long may they continue.
🇬🇧🇬🇧 Do you care if it was legal or not ? 🇬🇧🇬🇧 on 13:12 - Sep 9 with 5091 viewsJackSomething

🇬🇧🇬🇧 Do you care if it was legal or not ? 🇬🇧🇬🇧 on 12:40 - Sep 9 by tomdickharry

What a load of rubbish this " is it legal clap trap is", IS is a threat to this country so its gloves off,the drones are brilliant long may they continue.

So you'd be happy if the government decided you and your family were a threat to the country and used a drone to kill you, safe in the knowledge that they'd have no 'legal clap trap' to deal with in the aftermath?

🇬🇧🇬🇧 Do you care if it was legal or not ? 🇬🇧🇬🇧 on 13:14 - Sep 9 with 5087 viewsLohengrin

🇬🇧🇬🇧 Do you care if it was legal or not ? 🇬🇧🇬🇧 on 13:12 - Sep 9 by JackSomething

So you'd be happy if the government decided you and your family were a threat to the country and used a drone to kill you, safe in the knowledge that they'd have no 'legal clap trap' to deal with in the aftermath?

HM Government didn't "decide" these people were a threat, they did that all by themselves.

🇬🇧🇬🇧 Do you care if it was legal or not ? 🇬🇧🇬🇧 on 13:18 - Sep 9 with 5081 viewsJackSomething

🇬🇧🇬🇧 Do you care if it was legal or not ? 🇬🇧🇬🇧 on 13:14 - Sep 9 by Lohengrin

HM Government didn't "decide" these people were a threat, they did that all by themselves.

You're very likely correct, but if we go down the road that TDH suggests, then that is a potential outcome.

🇬🇧🇬🇧 Do you care if it was legal or not ? 🇬🇧🇬🇧 on 13:23 - Sep 9 with 5068 viewsLohengrin

🇬🇧🇬🇧 Do you care if it was legal or not ? 🇬🇧🇬🇧 on 13:18 - Sep 9 by JackSomething

You're very likely correct, but if we go down the road that TDH suggests, then that is a potential outcome.

The whole of Europe is going to go into meltdown in the next five years, I wouldn't spend too much time fretting over Cameron's intentions.

🇬🇧🇬🇧 Do you care if it was legal or not ? 🇬🇧🇬🇧 on 13:26 - Sep 9 with 5063 viewsWingstandwood

🇬🇧🇬🇧 Do you care if it was legal or not ? 🇬🇧🇬🇧 on 12:32 - Sep 9 by Lohengrin

A 1920's Britain would have used Mustard Gas. It would have exterminated the rodents and saved the buildings for the displaced to return to.

Then again if this was the '20s Faisal would never have allowed these events to unfold in the first place.

Good post!.....The world seems to be a totally different place now?.....Another thing that IMO questions the utter lunacy of the civil liberty people? ISIS is more than just a bunch of terrorists it's also an army that acts like an army, dresses like an army that uses conventional military tactics and equipment to take territory? It even claims to have its own special forces equivalent of the U.S Navy Seals and all shown in ISIS propaganda video footage.

The IRA never went into 'battle' using tanks, armoured personnel carriers, heavy artillery guns, rocket launch systems and Humvee's? Neither did the IRA state its desire to invade/ conquer vast territory and places like Rome with invading army intent!

Argus!

🇬🇧🇬🇧 Do you care if it was legal or not ? 🇬🇧🇬🇧 on 13:31 - Sep 9 with 5056 viewsJackSomething

🇬🇧🇬🇧 Do you care if it was legal or not ? 🇬🇧🇬🇧 on 13:23 - Sep 9 by Lohengrin

The whole of Europe is going to go into meltdown in the next five years, I wouldn't spend too much time fretting over Cameron's intentions.

Quite possibly. I'd still like to know that there are checks and balances in place though to stop our elected leaders acting on a whim. Call me old-fashioned in that regard.

Can you imagine if Corbyn had that kind of power at his fingertips in the future? "What did that Perchrock guy call me on Planet Swans? Send in the drones!"

🇬🇧🇬🇧 Do you care if it was legal or not ? 🇬🇧🇬🇧 on 13:39 - Sep 9 with 5037 viewscontroversial_jack

🇬🇧🇬🇧 Do you care if it was legal or not ? 🇬🇧🇬🇧 on 13:31 - Sep 9 by JackSomething

Quite possibly. I'd still like to know that there are checks and balances in place though to stop our elected leaders acting on a whim. Call me old-fashioned in that regard.

Can you imagine if Corbyn had that kind of power at his fingertips in the future? "What did that Perchrock guy call me on Planet Swans? Send in the drones!"

What does it matter if it's legal or not> Govt's and judiciaries make up the rules as they go along
🇬🇧🇬🇧 Do you care if it was legal or not ? 🇬🇧🇬🇧 on 14:07 - Sep 9 with 5006 viewsHighjack

🇬🇧🇬🇧 Do you care if it was legal or not ? 🇬🇧🇬🇧 on 12:32 - Sep 9 by Lohengrin

Wouldn't the buildings smell of mustard though? Might harm the property prices.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

🇬🇧🇬🇧 Do you care if it was legal or not ? 🇬🇧🇬🇧 on 14:23 - Sep 9 with 4977 viewsLohengrin

🇬🇧🇬🇧 Do you care if it was legal or not ? 🇬🇧🇬🇧 on 14:07 - Sep 9 by Highjack

Wouldn't the buildings smell of mustard though? Might harm the property prices.

Allenby would probably have arranged to have consignment of Air Wick dropped by 113 Squadron so as not to put off potential buyers.

Planning was key for those boys.

🇬🇧🇬🇧 Do you care if it was legal or not ? 🇬🇧🇬🇧 on 16:31 - Sep 9 with 4866 viewsperchrockjack

Js

You what

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

🇬🇧🇬🇧 Do you care if it was legal or not ? 🇬🇧🇬🇧 on 17:14 - Sep 9 with 4843 viewsHighjack

🇬🇧🇬🇧 Do you care if it was legal or not ? 🇬🇧🇬🇧 on 14:23 - Sep 9 by Lohengrin

Allenby would probably have arranged to have consignment of Air Wick dropped by 113 Squadron so as not to put off potential buyers.

Planning was key for those boys.

They're even breaking the health and safety rules about aerosols on planes. Those were the days!

🇬🇧🇬🇧 Do you care if it was legal or not ? 🇬🇧🇬🇧 on 17:23 - Sep 9 with 4834 viewslifelong

My thoughts on this matter are, has the government saved British lives by taking out these two suspected terrorists or have they put more British lives at risk.
I suspect the latter.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024