Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Would you sell Michu for 30m in January 10:46 - Oct 8 with 12303 viewswr72

I'm expecting pelters for this but I do think there will be serious interest in the lad come transfer window time.And with 30 m in the bank and Pozuelu loitering in the background then maybe it doesn't sound as crazy as first thoughts.

Is there a case that we've become to reliant on Michu and our whole game revolves around him it seems.Could it be time for a shake up and a change of personnel up there or am i way off the mark.

Sensible replies would be appreciated as I don't fancy a slanging match this morning.

Would you sell Michu for 30m in January on 11:17 - Oct 8 with 7721 views_

It's a hell of a question and one that wold have to be thought through long and hard.

I've been saying for a while that Michu is our "problem" but he's the best "problem" we've ever had.

The position he loves to play is a bit of a luxury position, especially for a team like ours in a league like this. But... what a player...

£30m.... I'm out, I couldn't make that decision.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Would you sell Michu for 30m in January on 11:32 - Oct 8 with 7679 viewswr72

Would you sell Michu for 30m in January on 11:17 - Oct 8 by _

It's a hell of a question and one that wold have to be thought through long and hard.

I've been saying for a while that Michu is our "problem" but he's the best "problem" we've ever had.

The position he loves to play is a bit of a luxury position, especially for a team like ours in a league like this. But... what a player...

£30m.... I'm out, I couldn't make that decision.

It sure is.Huw's been speaking to the press lately and talking figures which made me think.30 million is crazy money to a club like us but if it wasn't for this then it's a no brainer.

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/245667.html?CMP=OTC-RSS
Would you sell Michu for 30m in January on 11:40 - Oct 8 with 7659 viewsSkipTheJack

Let's be honest, if anyone offers £20m+ for Michu he's gone. We're not Manchester United and cannot afford to turn down that kind of money.

The key, as always, is how we replace our best players.
Would you sell Michu for 30m in January on 11:43 - Oct 8 with 7648 viewsDarran

I don't think anyone would actually offer £30million myself but if they did i'm sure he'd be gone.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Would you sell Michu for 30m in January on 11:43 - Oct 8 with 7646 viewswr72

Would you sell Michu for 30m in January on 11:40 - Oct 8 by SkipTheJack

Let's be honest, if anyone offers £20m+ for Michu he's gone. We're not Manchester United and cannot afford to turn down that kind of money.

The key, as always, is how we replace our best players.

Do you think Pozuelu could play Michus AM role?
[Post edited 8 Oct 2013 11:43]
Would you sell Michu for 30m in January on 11:46 - Oct 8 with 7637 viewswr72

Would you sell Michu for 30m in January on 11:43 - Oct 8 by Darran

I don't think anyone would actually offer £30million myself but if they did i'm sure he'd be gone.

It is a crazy amount of money.But it has come from Laudrup and now Huw so unless nobody is interested in him,which is highly unlikley,we won't command 30m?
Would you sell Michu for 30m in January on 11:51 - Oct 8 with 7611 viewsDarran

Would you sell Michu for 30m in January on 11:46 - Oct 8 by wr72

It is a crazy amount of money.But it has come from Laudrup and now Huw so unless nobody is interested in him,which is highly unlikley,we won't command 30m?

Well they've just added to his stock after his call up by the world champions,another reason he'd be gone to is that if a club did offer £30million for him it would obviously be a massive club able to pay massive wages and as much as people would be saying he won't go because he loves Swansea he'd be off like a shot.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Would you sell Michu for 30m in January on 11:55 - Oct 8 with 7582 viewswr72

Would you sell Michu for 30m in January on 11:51 - Oct 8 by Darran

Well they've just added to his stock after his call up by the world champions,another reason he'd be gone to is that if a club did offer £30million for him it would obviously be a massive club able to pay massive wages and as much as people would be saying he won't go because he loves Swansea he'd be off like a shot.

If Liverpool are still pushing at the top come January then I wouldn't discount them adding to their squad.Same as Arsenal,plenty of dosh.

If he did leave though i'd like him to return to Spain or another country.Athletico Madrid or somewhere like that.
Login to get fewer ads

Would you sell Michu for 30m in January on 11:56 - Oct 8 with 7575 viewsSwanzay

Is £30 Mill that 'crazy' to us any more though, considering the huge increase of revenue in the Premier League this year?

Our new training facilities are both already pretty much financed, one complete the other on track for completion.

We would get more that that hanging onto him and keeping our Premier status.

Michu does his fair share of closing down/blocking as well as attacking duties, so I dont see it as a luxury position either.

I think once him and Bony are tuned in, that will take some of the weight of Michu and we will no longer rely on him so much. Bony is started to cause defenders problems notibly on Sunday against the Saints.

Why should we be a club that needs to cash in?
[Post edited 8 Oct 2013 11:56]
Would you sell Michu for 30m in January on 11:58 - Oct 8 with 7564 viewsWhiterockin

Anything north of 25M and he is gone. In fairness to Michu if he wants to go and we get that money for him we owe it to him. If he does play for Spain and plays well he will probably be gone in January. I can see him playing behind RVP, a perfect match.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Would you sell Michu for 30m in January on 11:59 - Oct 8 with 7561 viewsC_jack

You have to weigh it against the date that the offer comes in, if it comes in on deadline day without time to find an adequate replacement, then it's not worth any price.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Would you sell Michu for 30m in January on 11:59 - Oct 8 with 7560 viewsmonmouth

I think HJ and ML are being very canny and basically warning people off. They don't expect it, but If anyone does offer such a staggering sum (can't see it), he's gone. If nothing else, it would have to be be a massive club and he'd sure as eggs want to go.

Would I take it, of course. I don't want him to go, but eventually he's going to.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Would you sell Michu for 30m in January on 12:03 - Oct 8 with 7538 viewsDaithejack

I'd be gutted if he was sold but it may come down to the clubs plans or next season and if Laudrup is going to be here on not ( if the club know that is). Also our league position and whether or not we are still in Europe may pay a part in the decision. Whos going to pay 30m for him? It does'nt matter what we value him at if nobody is prepared to pay it. Spurs have already spent 100m+, Arsenal just bought Ozil, Liverpool Wont spend 30m on a player, not much money around in Spain apart from the big two, who else is there, Man utd? Possibly especially if they are still finding there feet under Moyes but where would that leave Rooney, Italy? Germany? Dont think he would want to play in Russia, too many ifs and buts or me. I think hes far to important to us to be sold mid season and I think he will be here until the Summer at least hopefully a lot longer. If Laudrup does leave at the end of the season though we may find it hard to hang on to him. Hope we do though I f#%king luvs im.

Poll: Shelvey's Goal, Best Swans goal ever?

Would you sell Michu for 30m in January on 12:05 - Oct 8 with 7528 viewswr72

Would you sell Michu for 30m in January on 11:56 - Oct 8 by Swanzay

Is £30 Mill that 'crazy' to us any more though, considering the huge increase of revenue in the Premier League this year?

Our new training facilities are both already pretty much financed, one complete the other on track for completion.

We would get more that that hanging onto him and keeping our Premier status.

Michu does his fair share of closing down/blocking as well as attacking duties, so I dont see it as a luxury position either.

I think once him and Bony are tuned in, that will take some of the weight of Michu and we will no longer rely on him so much. Bony is started to cause defenders problems notibly on Sunday against the Saints.

Why should we be a club that needs to cash in?
[Post edited 8 Oct 2013 11:56]

You're right and i'd hate to see him leave.But after his call up and Huw talking to the press like he did,it does beg the question.

30 million is a ridiculous amount of money to us regardless of tv money.It is 28m clear profit from what we paid for him.Not to be sniffed at.

Like you say though,in a few games time we might all be waxing lyrical over Michu and Bony's prolific partnership,which of course will take the heat off any impending Michu swoop
Would you sell Michu for 30m in January on 12:07 - Oct 8 with 7518 viewswr72

Would you sell Michu for 30m in January on 11:59 - Oct 8 by C_jack

You have to weigh it against the date that the offer comes in, if it comes in on deadline day without time to find an adequate replacement, then it's not worth any price.

I thought of this and then thought that if we were to sell then I'd like to think that we'd be well prepared for doing so.
Would you sell Michu for 30m in January on 12:18 - Oct 8 with 7478 viewsperchrockjack

Michu is the biggest goal threat we have and have had;he s clearly the catalyst. He remains totally committed to our team .
We sell him and he ll need to be replaced by another top grade striker ,fit and ready for the fray .
We make a lot of money but so what? Are we that desperate?
30 m in these times is not ridiculous;it might have been when we were y know smaller but these days at 30m he d be a snip for some massive club who utllise his ability to thee full.
And ,get this,my opinion is that Problem is not a word that can be utilised anywhere near Michu..
Who was it mentioned the word nonsense.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Would you sell Michu for 30m in January on 12:27 - Oct 8 with 7431 viewshammy

No, wait until the Summer and get 50m ;)

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

Would you sell Michu for 30m in January on 12:30 - Oct 8 with 7421 viewsperchrockjack

How much was it that BALE went for.
KI cost us 5m and is surplus stock.
BARTLEY was 1m and nobbed off too.

Ridiculous

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Would you sell Michu for 30m in January on 12:48 - Oct 8 with 7351 viewswr72

Would you sell Michu for 30m in January on 12:18 - Oct 8 by perchrockjack

Michu is the biggest goal threat we have and have had;he s clearly the catalyst. He remains totally committed to our team .
We sell him and he ll need to be replaced by another top grade striker ,fit and ready for the fray .
We make a lot of money but so what? Are we that desperate?
30 m in these times is not ridiculous;it might have been when we were y know smaller but these days at 30m he d be a snip for some massive club who utllise his ability to thee full.
And ,get this,my opinion is that Problem is not a word that can be utilised anywhere near Michu..
Who was it mentioned the word nonsense.

I think it's well established that most of our fans would want him to stay,we'd be insane to want anything else.But every player has his price which Huw has said this morning,in effect.

It would be a huge gamble to sell though even though we'd be rich beyond our wildest dreams.Do we stick or twist?

I'm aware this is all hypothetical but it's a real possibility.
Would you sell Michu for 30m in January on 12:52 - Oct 8 with 7341 viewsSnowgoon

Sell him for £30m in January and start getting VFM from Bony

Listen, you f*cking fringe, if I throw a dog a bone, I don't want to know if it tastes good or not. You stop me again whilst I'm walking, and I'll cut your f*cking Jacobs off

Would you sell Michu for 30m in January on 12:56 - Oct 8 with 7331 viewstylagarwjack

If we are still in the Europa League in January then I assume he wouldn't be eligible for European competition for any other club (i.e. if he signed for them) until we were out? I'm not sure of the rules but if that is the case then that would not make Michu a decent option (in January) for a club also playing in Europe?

The only British club that could even possibly afford him that aren't playing in Europe currently are Liverpool (I know there are non British clubs who could afford him but there wouldn't be many of those not in Europe) and will they really spend £30m on one player, given their recent profile of signings and thus probable budget levels (both Sturridge and Coutinho are real quality and were under £10m each).

Quite apart from that, it would depend on our league position. If we are on 30 points + at the time then maybe it would be worth considering, but as has been stated, we don't really need the money, and to risk our Prem status for the £30m (and I don't think for a minute we'd do it) would be barking.

Also, as Michu is just about the only proven prem goal scorer we have in our squad, and so to lose him, yes we would replace (if we had time, if we didn't then an automatic no) but we'd be selling high and have to buy high (other clubs wouldn't want to lose players either and they'd know we'd got £30m in our pockets!!), and there would be no guarantee that the new guy would hit the ground running.

Overall, I don't think it would be practical in January, if we were offered £30m next summer then he's gone, but January would be too problematic, even losing an average player like Graham caused us difficulties towards the end of last season due to his non replacement leaving us with Moore and Schechter as our only genuine (use the word loosely) striker options.
Would you sell Michu for 30m in January on 13:02 - Oct 8 with 7285 viewswr72

Would you sell Michu for 30m in January on 12:56 - Oct 8 by tylagarwjack

If we are still in the Europa League in January then I assume he wouldn't be eligible for European competition for any other club (i.e. if he signed for them) until we were out? I'm not sure of the rules but if that is the case then that would not make Michu a decent option (in January) for a club also playing in Europe?

The only British club that could even possibly afford him that aren't playing in Europe currently are Liverpool (I know there are non British clubs who could afford him but there wouldn't be many of those not in Europe) and will they really spend £30m on one player, given their recent profile of signings and thus probable budget levels (both Sturridge and Coutinho are real quality and were under £10m each).

Quite apart from that, it would depend on our league position. If we are on 30 points + at the time then maybe it would be worth considering, but as has been stated, we don't really need the money, and to risk our Prem status for the £30m (and I don't think for a minute we'd do it) would be barking.

Also, as Michu is just about the only proven prem goal scorer we have in our squad, and so to lose him, yes we would replace (if we had time, if we didn't then an automatic no) but we'd be selling high and have to buy high (other clubs wouldn't want to lose players either and they'd know we'd got £30m in our pockets!!), and there would be no guarantee that the new guy would hit the ground running.

Overall, I don't think it would be practical in January, if we were offered £30m next summer then he's gone, but January would be too problematic, even losing an average player like Graham caused us difficulties towards the end of last season due to his non replacement leaving us with Moore and Schechter as our only genuine (use the word loosely) striker options.

Good post and makes perfect sense.
Would you sell Michu for 30m in January on 13:22 - Oct 8 with 7236 viewsAnotherJohn

Would you sell Michu for 30m in January on 13:02 - Oct 8 by wr72

Good post and makes perfect sense.

There are too many on the forum who can't wait for us to be the richest club in the Championship - whether it is by cashing in on Ash or Michu. Goals don't come easily at this level, and we have seen that spending 12 million doesn't guarantee a flow of league goals straight away. Even with Michu our position this season is not exactly comfortable (I'm hoping Ash's return will ease those fears). Without Michu we are relegation fodder, at least until somebody else gets into double figures in the league,

P.S. This is not a reply to the previous post.
[Post edited 8 Oct 2013 13:22]
Would you sell Michu for 30m in January on 13:35 - Oct 8 with 7195 viewsUxbridge

He's got a price. What that is will depend on any number of factors, even potentially a release clause.

I'll be slightly surprised if either Michu or Laudrup are here next season. However I can't see either leaving before the summer and if they do leave they'll leave with at least my best wishes and the club with some serious coin in their pockets.

This is the Swans we often talked about folks. Buy them cheap, sell them high. This was always the plan.

Speaking purely as a fan though, I hope he stays forever. He's brill.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Would you sell Michu for 30m in January on 13:39 - Oct 8 with 7186 viewsAtleticoAbertawe

In January, no I wouldn't sell but if someone comes in for him next summer at £20m+ I think he'll leave.

"If you bring in £80, then don’t spend £100. That’s not hard, is it?" - Huw Jenkins 2013

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024