Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Short corners 08:56 - Nov 24 with 1942 viewswr72

Isn't it about time we mixed things up from corners and set pieces? We get absolutely no joy from these at all.I noticed Fulham tried it yesterday and scored.

I'm not saying the delivery is poor but we just haven't the height to get on the end of crosses.
Short corners on 08:58 - Nov 24 with 1938 viewsDr_Winston

Variety is the spice of life.

Keep doing the same thing over and over again (like ask your wingers to cut inside for example) and you become predictable. Change things around often enough to keep the oppo guessing and things can happen.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Short corners on 09:04 - Nov 24 with 1912 viewsTheFranchise

Under Martinez and Sousa all we did was short corners, especially under Sousa the players were terrified of losing possession.
Short corners on 09:15 - Nov 24 with 1884 viewswr72

Short corners on 08:58 - Nov 24 by Dr_Winston

Variety is the spice of life.

Keep doing the same thing over and over again (like ask your wingers to cut inside for example) and you become predictable. Change things around often enough to keep the oppo guessing and things can happen.

Exactly.When we get a corner there's no optimism at all from me.We all know the outcome.
Short corners on 09:18 - Nov 24 with 1878 viewsParlay

Short corners on 09:04 - Nov 24 by TheFranchise

Under Martinez and Sousa all we did was short corners, especially under Sousa the players were terrified of losing possession.

I hate short corners.

But we clearly need to give ourselves an edge as we lack in height. Congregating on the 18 yard line and as the ball is struck charging to in front of the penalty spot is always a winner for me as it puts defenders on the back foot and the attackers with the forward momentum. Any header then will have great power on it and any defensive header will struggle to get distance. Just need good delivery to stick it in and around the penalty spot.

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

Short corners on 09:20 - Nov 24 with 1875 viewswr72

I'd love to see Poz pop over occasionally take the ball from JDG and do a little bit of magic to throw the oppos defence.It's all become static and predictable.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024