Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sending out tickets late for away games 22:15 - Sep 13 with 8224 viewsPatfromPoole

Why in the name of fcuk do the club do this?

A number of us are still waiting on tickets for Villa away.

They were ordered weeks and weeks ago.

Well in advance of the post strike, if the club are intending blaming that.

I understand the same happened for Wolves.

Energy companies apart maybe, it is difficult to think of any other industry that treats its customers with so little consideration.

Still, as long as they do the business on the pitch, we will forgive them for the shambles off it.

BOLD AND BRAVE.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Sending out tickets late for away games on 08:43 - Sep 16 with 614 viewsPatfromPoole

Off to the Villa ticket office tonight to collect my ticket 🙄

Hopefully the ticket office is somewhere near the away end. Anybody know if it is???

Sending out tickets late for away games on 10:32 - Sep 16 with 546 viewsSaintNick

Sending out tickets late for away games on 08:43 - Sep 16 by PatfromPoole

Off to the Villa ticket office tonight to collect my ticket 🙄

Hopefully the ticket office is somewhere near the away end. Anybody know if it is???

If they havent turned up this morning then they haven't sent them, there must be some glitch in the system somewhere.

Although I agree on their competency being suspect at the moment, I don't believe that they are deliberately trying to make it a pain in the arse for people.

So they perhaps need to look at these potential reasons.

1, The system is suspect, but if that was the case then surely they would have a pile of tickets left unsent, which they could match to those who complained that they hadn't received.

2. There is someone in the ticket office pocketing the tickets and selling them to their mates, in the past this might have been the case, but now the ticket gets cancelled and a new one issued when it doesn't arrive, so can't believe this one is viable anymore.

3. The club is targeting fans who moan on message boards, I did think this could be a viable reason in that they do read these boards and can work out who some persistent critics are, Pat always seems to have late tickets and the club deliberately targeted his preferred standing area this season, so I was getting convinced on this one, he would not be hard to identify, but he did say that the Villa tickets were not ordered in his name so we can discount that one.

4. The away club sends the tickets out late, this is another excuse the club hides behind, but in many respects it is the one that has the most credibility, however they should have them at least two weeks before the game, so although perhaps part of the problem, not the entire issue.

5, The club delays in posting them, yes that is also part of the issue, but I don't think it is the main one, I ordered mine fairly late in the day, there were only around 200 seats left, but I still had them at the start of last week only a few days after i ordered them, I don't think the issue is about when they send them, it is about that a number of tickets just don't arrive.

6. That being the case, could a postman be to blame, I would say yes in Southampton it would be easy for a savvy postman to know what the envelope looks like and pocket a ticket or two to sell, but Pat is in Poole so not so easy to know what the envelope looks like or even sell them on.

All in all I would say in conclusion is that there is something amiss, but it is pinpointing what it is, the reality is that with 1,500 - 3,000 tickets going out roughly once a fortnight only a small proportion actually go astray, as I said I have not had a problem with Villa tickets despite ordering them after they had started sending them out already, last season mine didn't arrive for the trip to Arsenal so I have suffered too ( Don't give me the Martin Semmens treatment here, "poor you earning a 6 figure salary for running a website" etc)

When I picked up my tickets at Arsenal there were about 10-15 names on the list to pick up, so not a great number, but enough to say that there is something wrong somewhere, it is just pinpointing it.

In answer to Pat's question the Villa ticket office is situated at their training ground just outside Walsall, it is a bit of a trek, but on a brighter note there is free parking.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Sending out tickets late for away games on 10:40 - Sep 16 with 545 viewsPatfromPoole

Sending out tickets late for away games on 10:32 - Sep 16 by SaintNick

If they havent turned up this morning then they haven't sent them, there must be some glitch in the system somewhere.

Although I agree on their competency being suspect at the moment, I don't believe that they are deliberately trying to make it a pain in the arse for people.

So they perhaps need to look at these potential reasons.

1, The system is suspect, but if that was the case then surely they would have a pile of tickets left unsent, which they could match to those who complained that they hadn't received.

2. There is someone in the ticket office pocketing the tickets and selling them to their mates, in the past this might have been the case, but now the ticket gets cancelled and a new one issued when it doesn't arrive, so can't believe this one is viable anymore.

3. The club is targeting fans who moan on message boards, I did think this could be a viable reason in that they do read these boards and can work out who some persistent critics are, Pat always seems to have late tickets and the club deliberately targeted his preferred standing area this season, so I was getting convinced on this one, he would not be hard to identify, but he did say that the Villa tickets were not ordered in his name so we can discount that one.

4. The away club sends the tickets out late, this is another excuse the club hides behind, but in many respects it is the one that has the most credibility, however they should have them at least two weeks before the game, so although perhaps part of the problem, not the entire issue.

5, The club delays in posting them, yes that is also part of the issue, but I don't think it is the main one, I ordered mine fairly late in the day, there were only around 200 seats left, but I still had them at the start of last week only a few days after i ordered them, I don't think the issue is about when they send them, it is about that a number of tickets just don't arrive.

6. That being the case, could a postman be to blame, I would say yes in Southampton it would be easy for a savvy postman to know what the envelope looks like and pocket a ticket or two to sell, but Pat is in Poole so not so easy to know what the envelope looks like or even sell them on.

All in all I would say in conclusion is that there is something amiss, but it is pinpointing what it is, the reality is that with 1,500 - 3,000 tickets going out roughly once a fortnight only a small proportion actually go astray, as I said I have not had a problem with Villa tickets despite ordering them after they had started sending them out already, last season mine didn't arrive for the trip to Arsenal so I have suffered too ( Don't give me the Martin Semmens treatment here, "poor you earning a 6 figure salary for running a website" etc)

When I picked up my tickets at Arsenal there were about 10-15 names on the list to pick up, so not a great number, but enough to say that there is something wrong somewhere, it is just pinpointing it.

In answer to Pat's question the Villa ticket office is situated at their training ground just outside Walsall, it is a bit of a trek, but on a brighter note there is free parking.

My ticket purchaser quoted my name to the ticket office this morning.

No apology from them obviously, however pleasingly they didn’t say “oh that Sven lookalike tosspot who is always whining about us? He’s banned.”

But I dare say there may yet be fun and games when I head for Walsall 😉

Sending out tickets late for away games on 11:06 - Sep 16 with 527 viewsSaintNick

Sending out tickets late for away games on 10:40 - Sep 16 by PatfromPoole

My ticket purchaser quoted my name to the ticket office this morning.

No apology from them obviously, however pleasingly they didn’t say “oh that Sven lookalike tosspot who is always whining about us? He’s banned.”

But I dare say there may yet be fun and games when I head for Walsall 😉

In fairness to them they don't tend to utter that phrase in public, although obviously with Martin Semmens needing to be hands on with all ticket sales as you would expect, he has often been heard to say it in weekly departmental meetings.

Apparently in the Black Box system, you have been the 2nd most monitored individual after Armel Bella-Kotchap over the past year.

Dont forget though the average ticket office worker will not know your surname, if Patfrompoole had been quoted he might well have spat on the ground.

Most Southampton employee's are aware of you and what they now call Operation Sven

By the way the ticket office isn't at Walsall,

This post has been edited by an administrator

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Sending out tickets late for away games on 12:44 - Sep 16 with 488 viewssaintwizzler

There is a visitor ticket sales office next to our entrance

WE MARCH ON

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Sending out tickets late for away games on 13:05 - Sep 16 with 469 viewsPatfromPoole

Sending out tickets late for away games on 12:44 - Sep 16 by saintwizzler

There is a visitor ticket sales office next to our entrance

WE MARCH ON

Beautiful.

BOLD AND BRAVE.

BRING ON THE JAZZ HANDS CELEBRATION AT 10.00PM.

Bae.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024