Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who'll be left? 17:44 - Jul 23 with 2034 viewsJimmyMeliaPhD

Even though there’s ages to go before the transfer deadline, I think yesterday’s game gave a little more sense not only of how RM’s team will play, but of who will be featuring.

First, let’s subtract the players slated for leaving, or with lots of speculation at least: Livramento, KWP, Salisu, ABK, JWP, Lavia, Aribo, Alcaraz, Tella, Suleman, Adams, Onahachu

(I doubt all of them will be leaving of course, and keeping just three or four of them would be a massive boost. But if they did it could be a haul of about $300 million!)

If they all did leave, I think we can look at the following as the core of the squad:

GK: Bazunu, McCarthy

FB: Bree, Manning (Perraud?)

CB: Bednarek, Stephens, Caleta-C

MF: Smallbone, Charles, (S. Armstrong?)

AM: Edozie, Djenepo

F: Mara, A.Armstrong

I put in Perraud and S. Armstrong, because I’ve heard no rumors about them leaving).

I’d expect some youngsters to be in the squad: Amo-A, Ballard, possibly Dibling and Meghoma.

My conclusion is that some wise spending will need to be done from the sales...especially up front and in goal!

What ya think?
Who'll be left? on 19:26 - Jul 23 with 1892 viewsIfonly

You forgot Lyanco and Larios.

No one knows what the squad will look like this season. It's a lottery. There are probably only 4 or 5 senior players you can be confident will be here this season. As for the rest, we won't know until September.
Who'll be left? on 19:37 - Jul 23 with 1874 viewsIfonly

Who'll be left? on 19:26 - Jul 23 by Ifonly

You forgot Lyanco and Larios.

No one knows what the squad will look like this season. It's a lottery. There are probably only 4 or 5 senior players you can be confident will be here this season. As for the rest, we won't know until September.

When I say 4 or 5 we can be confident will be here, I mean:

- Manning, Charles (because they've just signed)
- Bazunu, McCarthy (because no one will want to pay their wages)
- A Armstrong (because only Championship clubs would be interested and RM sounds keen on him)

Maybe you could add Lyanco and Larios because no one will want to take the risk on their injuries.

That's it. The rest? Who knows.
Who'll be left? on 21:00 - Jul 23 with 1797 viewsLondonSaint76

Interesting post, with the financial backing we have - plus a £50m parachute payment this season - we appear not to be the soft touch we were back in the days of the Walcott / Bale departures where we virtually gave the players away. The likes of West Ham and the Barcode Saudis are finding us a very different prospect to deal with as they try taking the proverbial by putting in lowball offers for our best players. This stance is admirable but has to be balanced with the need to shift some of those who want to leave and the deadwood. Here is what I am thinking from your first list:

Livramento - Saints are reported to have rejected the barcodes latest £30m offer, I reckon they will hold out for £50m, Newcastle won’t pay it, hopefully he will stay.

KWP - Very quiet, rumours seem to have faded away, possibly a final day move or loan away?

Salisu - Sounds like he’s off to Fulham for £15m, a win/win as he is in the last year of contract and attitude issues could disrupt dressing room harmony

ABK - Imagine he will go to the German BL, again could be late in the window

JWP - As with Tino, think Saints will play hardball for £40m COD, West Ham won’t pay it, and as long as we don’t cave in on the last day he might just stay

Lavia - Just a question of who blinks first on the price so could end up going at 22.15 on deadline day, I think City have a £40 buyback clause effective in 12 months so that might be the fee we end up accepting probably from Liverpool

Aribo - Who knows, perhaps a loan out somewhere?

Alcaraz - Supposed to have said he’s happy to stay for 12 months- let’s hope so…

Tella - Burnley won’t pay what we want, in any event unproven at PL level - might go, might stay. Proven at this level so hope he stays

Sulemana - Apparently two French Clubs are interested both of whom pay around the money for players they want that we paid for him so he will likely go to France

Adams - Take what you can get from Wolves or Boscombe - sounds like we are interested in Stewart from Sunderland so if we can get £12-15m for Adams get it done and re-invest in Stewart or even Piroe from Swansea

Ocanuchu - I reckon a last day loan away possibly back where he came from or we will have to take a bath on a permanent deal. Another candidate for a last day deal at half ten in the evening!

From your squad list:

Add Lyanco who it will be difficult to shift post-Turkish medical plus Larios - perhaps Lyanco could go out on loan but then again…

Think Stu Armstrong and Djenepo might go out on loan or permanent moves away last day.

And finally - surely we MUST get a decent keeper in!!
Whatever happens, it is going to be an interesting few weeks ahead

Poll: How will we get on against Leicester City?

Who'll be left? on 21:02 - Jul 23 with 1795 viewsJimmyMeliaPhD

Who'll be left? on 19:37 - Jul 23 by Ifonly

When I say 4 or 5 we can be confident will be here, I mean:

- Manning, Charles (because they've just signed)
- Bazunu, McCarthy (because no one will want to pay their wages)
- A Armstrong (because only Championship clubs would be interested and RM sounds keen on him)

Maybe you could add Lyanco and Larios because no one will want to take the risk on their injuries.

That's it. The rest? Who knows.

When i wrote I thought Lyanco was gone. Larios, dunno...has he been in any of the friendly squads?

And yes, of course, who knows. y point was to isolate the players you could be pretty sure were staying and who tehrefore you'd be building the team around. just to see what it looks like, and it doesn't look great to me.
Who'll be left on 23:06 - Jul 23 with 1676 viewsSFC_Referee

For me, outta all the players we’ve got who we do wanna keep (so that’s leaving out players like Diallo, Elynousie, McCarthy and other players that nobody has, or will be fussed over leaving) I think there’s a variety of circumstances.

As the likes of Lavia, and maybe KWP and ABK I think we all know are certain to go, no matter what, and the only questions that remain are simply who will they go to and for how much will we get? Although with KWP and ABK I do wonder as there’s been very little speculation around them, as well as it being quite interesting seeing KWP play at the weekend, but at the same time struggle to see us managing to keep hold of any of those 3, irrelevant of what the medias saying.

Whilst the likes of Prowse, Livermento, Alcaraz, Adams, Sullemena and maybe Tella, I think we’ll keep most of, and only see a max of like two going, as we wanna keep hold of most of them and are in a steady position where we can charge teams enough for them, that they just won’t buy them for that. And all those players as well look like the sorta type to not stir a fuss about it all, and give us at least one season to go back up before they do start to demand to go.

And then the likes of Parraud, Stu, Lyanco, Calleta-Car, Onuachu and Aribo, are all players that again I see us keeping hold of most of them. As none of them will be major losses if we loose them, but still for the most part I do think most of them could do well in the championship. As I think that outta those lot, the only ones that I could see as maybe leaving is Tella and maybe Lyanco, depending on whether or not any other teams come knocking for either of them. But for the most part, only see like two or three of those guys heading off.

So for the most part, I probably see us keeping most of these players, and only loosing out on like 5 or 6 of them, which with the signings we’ve already made as well as being linked to, would probably add up to the right sorta numbers for this coming season. But until the season starts at the very least, I don’t think we can say too much for certain around anyone we’ve got here.
[Post edited 23 Jul 2023 23:08]

Poll: Should Russel Martins be sacked if we don’t win playoffs

Who'll be left on 23:22 - Jul 23 with 1648 viewsPatfromPoole

Who'll be left on 23:06 - Jul 23 by SFC_Referee

For me, outta all the players we’ve got who we do wanna keep (so that’s leaving out players like Diallo, Elynousie, McCarthy and other players that nobody has, or will be fussed over leaving) I think there’s a variety of circumstances.

As the likes of Lavia, and maybe KWP and ABK I think we all know are certain to go, no matter what, and the only questions that remain are simply who will they go to and for how much will we get? Although with KWP and ABK I do wonder as there’s been very little speculation around them, as well as it being quite interesting seeing KWP play at the weekend, but at the same time struggle to see us managing to keep hold of any of those 3, irrelevant of what the medias saying.

Whilst the likes of Prowse, Livermento, Alcaraz, Adams, Sullemena and maybe Tella, I think we’ll keep most of, and only see a max of like two going, as we wanna keep hold of most of them and are in a steady position where we can charge teams enough for them, that they just won’t buy them for that. And all those players as well look like the sorta type to not stir a fuss about it all, and give us at least one season to go back up before they do start to demand to go.

And then the likes of Parraud, Stu, Lyanco, Calleta-Car, Onuachu and Aribo, are all players that again I see us keeping hold of most of them. As none of them will be major losses if we loose them, but still for the most part I do think most of them could do well in the championship. As I think that outta those lot, the only ones that I could see as maybe leaving is Tella and maybe Lyanco, depending on whether or not any other teams come knocking for either of them. But for the most part, only see like two or three of those guys heading off.

So for the most part, I probably see us keeping most of these players, and only loosing out on like 5 or 6 of them, which with the signings we’ve already made as well as being linked to, would probably add up to the right sorta numbers for this coming season. But until the season starts at the very least, I don’t think we can say too much for certain around anyone we’ve got here.
[Post edited 23 Jul 2023 23:08]

Diallo and Elyounoussi have already left.

HTH.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Who'll be left on 23:41 - Jul 23 with 1633 viewsSFC_Referee

Who'll be left on 23:22 - Jul 23 by PatfromPoole

Diallo and Elyounoussi have already left.

HTH.

Which is why I said “has”, as nobody has been fussed over those two leaving, and if anything have been celebrating it

Poll: Should Russel Martins be sacked if we don’t win playoffs

Who'll be left? on 00:35 - Jul 24 with 1617 viewsIfonly

Who'll be left? on 21:02 - Jul 23 by JimmyMeliaPhD

When i wrote I thought Lyanco was gone. Larios, dunno...has he been in any of the friendly squads?

And yes, of course, who knows. y point was to isolate the players you could be pretty sure were staying and who tehrefore you'd be building the team around. just to see what it looks like, and it doesn't look great to me.

That was my point too - to isolate the players you could be pretty sure are staying. There really aren't many. I've named the handful that I'm confident are staying: 2 goalkeepers and 3 outfield players. Is there really any other senior player you can name that we can be confident is staying? I don't think so. So, good luck to RM trying to build the team around those 5.

I think 4 have left already. If 2 out of JWP, Lavia and Tino go and 2 or 3 are loaned out, then that's probably enough to balance the books. The rest depends on which ones RM wants to keep or move on, which ones will we get decent offers for and which ones will be determined to force a move even if there aren't decent offers. RM might have a few clues but none of us knows.
Login to get fewer ads

Who'll be left? on 01:24 - Jul 24 with 1603 viewsJimmyMeliaPhD

Who'll be left? on 00:35 - Jul 24 by Ifonly

That was my point too - to isolate the players you could be pretty sure are staying. There really aren't many. I've named the handful that I'm confident are staying: 2 goalkeepers and 3 outfield players. Is there really any other senior player you can name that we can be confident is staying? I don't think so. So, good luck to RM trying to build the team around those 5.

I think 4 have left already. If 2 out of JWP, Lavia and Tino go and 2 or 3 are loaned out, then that's probably enough to balance the books. The rest depends on which ones RM wants to keep or move on, which ones will we get decent offers for and which ones will be determined to force a move even if there aren't decent offers. RM might have a few clues but none of us knows.

william hill probably doesn't have a book on this, but i'd bet a monkey that my list of remainers gets 12 at least!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024