Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Energy prices 18:13 - Aug 18 with 8646 viewsTreforys_Jack

Just a had a lovely email from British Gas offering me an exclusive electricity fixed rate. There are 4 adults in the house with 1 working from home, they are offering me a rate based on last year's usage of £3300, that's just for electricity. I know this has been building for some time, but does anyone have any explanation why we are paying so much for energy whilst the rest of Europe appear to have minimal increases. Is it brexit or fat cats really taking us to the cleaners and blaming covid, Ukraine and brexit. Also I saw Truss saying profit is not a dirty word, but surely this is a disgrace.
Energy prices on 08:10 - Aug 25 with 1122 viewsYrAlarch

I've had an e-mail from Octopus informing me that the Goverment £400 payment will be divided into £67 or £68 reductions in electricity bills over the months of October to March.
They are also looking at a scheme whereby those customers who feel that they can get by without the reduction can donate it to help those who are struggling.
That sounds like a good idea to me.
Energy prices on 07:10 - Aug 26 with 1041 viewsScotia

£3549 a year.

More than I pay for a family holiday.
Energy prices on 07:42 - Aug 26 with 1025 viewsKilkennyjack

Is a cap that rises a cap at all ?

Painful news.

Beware of the Risen People

Energy prices on 07:42 - Aug 26 with 1025 viewsguthrieintherain

Energy prices on 10:45 - Aug 19 by KeithHaynes

Boiling kettles, they cost so much !

Is that why Alan Curtis is not so involved thrse days.

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Energy prices on 08:20 - Aug 26 with 1015 viewsjojaca

The increases this morning is like a dagger to the heart for most people, I've prepared for the hit this time, but once it gets to a level where my outgoings exceed my incomings and I can't save money, I am not paying the bill. I'm not working hard for inflation just to eat all my savings away.

Even when you know, you never know?

Energy prices on 08:36 - Aug 26 with 1004 viewsmagicdaps10

This is going to have a massive knoc on effect.

Business will raise their prices further to cover these costs so ultimately the rise is going to be seen on everyday essentials.

I read that poorer families are going to struggle, I think the average household will see a between 2k-5k of their disposable income now being needed to pay.their bills and put food on the table.

Its bad enough now but come the spring, I think this country will be a shadow of itself as we currently know it.

There's 100% a bigger picture here and I hope these people who are accountable for it are eventually found out and pay a big price for it. It's becoming totally unacceptable.

Work until you drop AND now earn just to survive.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Energy prices on 08:49 - Aug 26 with 995 viewsguthrieintherain

Energy prices on 08:36 - Aug 26 by magicdaps10

Business will raise their prices further to cover these costs so ultimately the rise is going to be seen on everyday essentials.

I read that poorer families are going to struggle, I think the average household will see a between 2k-5k of their disposable income now being needed to pay.their bills and put food on the table.

Its bad enough now but come the spring, I think this country will be a shadow of itself as we currently know it.

There's 100% a bigger picture here and I hope these people who are accountable for it are eventually found out and pay a big price for it. It's becoming totally unacceptable.

Get labour in and nationalise

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Energy prices on 08:56 - Aug 26 with 993 viewsmajorraglan

Come January we could be talking about about £5k on energy alone. The government will provide some help to house holders, but businesses are more exposed and if lots of small businesses start to go to the wall then we’ll be truly in the mire. Schools, care homes the NHS are all going to see massive proportions of their budgets being used to pay the heating bills.

A lot of people are going to struggle while gas traders make huge profits.
[Post edited 26 Aug 2022 8:57]
Login to get fewer ads

Energy prices on 09:14 - Aug 26 with 973 viewstrampie

Energy prices on 08:49 - Aug 26 by guthrieintherain

They should never have been privatised in the first place.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Energy prices on 09:23 - Aug 26 with 961 viewsblackswan

Seeing as we only import 5 per cent of our gas from Russia why have our prices gone up far more than anyone else in Europe? Any idea anyone
Energy prices on 09:31 - Aug 26 with 954 viewsScotia

Energy prices on 09:23 - Aug 26 by blackswan

Seeing as we only import 5 per cent of our gas from Russia why have our prices gone up far more than anyone else in Europe? Any idea anyone

Supply and demand. Everyone else is now all trying to buy gas that doesn't come from Russia.

As much as I want to see the back of him, Putin has got us by the balls.
Energy prices on 09:38 - Aug 26 with 953 viewsblackswan

Energy prices on 09:31 - Aug 26 by Scotia

Supply and demand. Everyone else is now all trying to buy gas that doesn't come from Russia.

As much as I want to see the back of him, Putin has got us by the balls.

Still doesn't explain why our prices have gone up more than the rest of Europe surely if supply and demand all would have risen by similar amounts. Unless of course like during covid our supplies have been procured at uncompetitive levels from mates lovers or party doners?
Energy prices on 09:57 - Aug 26 with 947 viewsonehunglow

Energy prices on 08:49 - Aug 26 by guthrieintherain

Gas prices will still go up and will have to be absorbed .

Beat Putin first

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Energy prices on 10:15 - Aug 26 with 935 viewsKilkennyjack

Energy prices on 09:38 - Aug 26 by blackswan

Still doesn't explain why our prices have gone up more than the rest of Europe surely if supply and demand all would have risen by similar amounts. Unless of course like during covid our supplies have been procured at uncompetitive levels from mates lovers or party doners?

Good point.

Energy prices on 10:20 - Aug 26 with 928 viewsKilkennyjack

Energy prices on 09:57 - Aug 26 by onehunglow

Beat Putin first

Renewable and sustainable energy supplies are important for lots of reasons.

Instead of extracting vast amounts of money for short term shareholders profit, the money raised should already have been invested in the future mix of energy supplies.

Nationalise it tomorrow. Or today.

Energy prices on 10:29 - Aug 26 with 920 viewsBryanSwan

The big businesses will raise prices, for many smaller ones this is the end.
How far away are we from mass protest or even possible riots? This winter could turn nasty very quickly.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Energy prices on 10:29 - Aug 26 with 919 viewsKilkennyjack

Energy prices on 09:57 - Aug 26 by onehunglow

Beat Putin first

Be careful OHL …. See what Martin Money Saver is saying ….

Energy prices on 10:31 - Aug 26 with 917 viewsBoundy

Energy prices on 10:20 - Aug 26 by Kilkennyjack

Renewable and sustainable energy supplies are important for lots of reasons.

Instead of extracting vast amounts of money for short term shareholders profit, the money raised should already have been invested in the future mix of energy supplies.

Nationalise it tomorrow. Or today.

Just like that ?

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Energy prices on 10:43 - Aug 26 with 912 viewsJack123

I hope my calculations are wrong, but come October, I reckon it will be close to 55 quid a week in the meter.

EDIT: And that's electric only.
[Post edited 26 Aug 2022 10:46]

libera nos a malo

Energy prices on 10:59 - Aug 26 with 903 viewsraynor94

Energy prices on 10:43 - Aug 26 by Jack123

I hope my calculations are wrong, but come October, I reckon it will be close to 55 quid a week in the meter.

EDIT: And that's electric only.
[Post edited 26 Aug 2022 10:46]

They are average usage figures, I certainly won't be getting anywhere near those figures.

But there are only 2 of us

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Energy prices on 11:05 - Aug 26 with 900 viewsBoundy

No government worth its name can honestly believe that UK society can and will carry this financial burden without civil unrest occurring ,so they mauds have discussed this but no one from the Government was available today to comment on the new price cap , no one , we have PM swanning around the world either on holiday or making self promotion videos in Ukraine , the 2 x PM candidates are so self absorbed in their own futures that they believe that's all the rest of us are thinking about. I was going to retire next year but that looks like that's now on hold , not just for my financial security but to try and help out my family who I know will struggle just to survive .I pity those who I know who are are about to experience the biggest shocks of their lives .

Energy prices on 11:09 - Aug 26 with 897 viewsblackswan

Surely the swansea bay tidal barrage would now be viable we really need energy and food self sufficiency
Energy prices on 11:13 - Aug 26 with 892 viewsLuther27

Prices can go up as much as they want. If I can’t afford it I’m not paying it.
Energy prices on 11:14 - Aug 26 with 887 viewsBoundy

Over 50% of our gas usage is supplied by the North sea , our supplies, and yet the Governmemts unwillingness to put an internal price cap on their profits say 2% means their making money hand over fist , at our expense .

Energy prices on 11:30 - Aug 26 with 875 viewsraynor94

Energy prices on 11:13 - Aug 26 by Luther27

Prices can go up as much as they want. If I can’t afford it I’m not paying it.

A lot of people aren't going to be switching on their heating in the day, and I'll be one of them.

Need to be a lot more careful this winter

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024