Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Energy prices 18:13 - Aug 18 with 8649 viewsTreforys_Jack

Just a had a lovely email from British Gas offering me an exclusive electricity fixed rate. There are 4 adults in the house with 1 working from home, they are offering me a rate based on last year's usage of £3300, that's just for electricity. I know this has been building for some time, but does anyone have any explanation why we are paying so much for energy whilst the rest of Europe appear to have minimal increases. Is it brexit or fat cats really taking us to the cleaners and blaming covid, Ukraine and brexit. Also I saw Truss saying profit is not a dirty word, but surely this is a disgrace.
Energy prices on 13:56 - Aug 28 with 820 viewsSirjohnalot

Energy prices on 11:46 - Aug 26 by Luther27

I genuinely wonder if thousands of customers won’t or can’t pay what will happen? Would energy companies be allowed to cut off the power of OAP or households with children?
Hopefully the strike by barristers will continue as well!

No they won’t be allowed to cut households off, all the warrants I’ve seen have been for businesses.

The criminal bar association have set up a hardship fund for people struggling which those who can afford it, pay into.

Mate of mine, has had to give up his flat and move back in with parents as can’t afford his rent
Energy prices on 14:02 - Aug 28 with 803 viewsDJack

Energy prices on 13:25 - Aug 28 by Brynmill_Jack

Those whims of Russia - it appears Zelensky wanted to negotiate a settlement. Boris , who declared himself on gardening leave gets a message from Washington to force Zelensky into fighting on and sprung into action to enforce the message. So more deaths and higher energy prices is what the glorious leader has achieved. Deaths in Ukraine and people freezing to death at home.

Whoever supports this diabolical government and its protection of US arms trade with Ukraine will be cutting their own throat - just to avoid the communist Labour Party (which doesn’t of course exist). It’s only the Daily Mail that keeps pushing that horse poop

Russia was one of the biggest arms dealers on the planet but you never reference that. Last week they were holding their annual "Tank games"...dubious nations competing in russian built tanks. Again, something you never touch on.

You are sort of right on one thing. America (and Ukraine) are keen on slowly boiling the frog as history has shown that only an economic collapse stops Russian belligerence. Lean years only forces a pause...hence why their invasions and/or support for "seperatist states" happens after a period of high energy prices/profits.

Russia is a belligerent, bullying nation and it hates seeing free people enjoying a fruitful democracy as it highlights how awful Russia is to its own people.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Energy prices on 14:58 - Aug 28 with 780 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Energy prices on 14:02 - Aug 28 by DJack

Russia was one of the biggest arms dealers on the planet but you never reference that. Last week they were holding their annual "Tank games"...dubious nations competing in russian built tanks. Again, something you never touch on.

You are sort of right on one thing. America (and Ukraine) are keen on slowly boiling the frog as history has shown that only an economic collapse stops Russian belligerence. Lean years only forces a pause...hence why their invasions and/or support for "seperatist states" happens after a period of high energy prices/profits.

Russia is a belligerent, bullying nation and it hates seeing free people enjoying a fruitful democracy as it highlights how awful Russia is to its own people.

Tank games ? Less harmful than a full scale invasion of Iraq with hundreds of thousands dead, radioactive dirty waste and a completely ravaged economy due to having to pay American companies to rebuild after their armies have levelled the place? And for 9/11 - which Iraq had nothing to do with?

Your view is skewed, not mine.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Energy prices on 19:43 - Aug 28 with 739 viewsDJack

Energy prices on 14:58 - Aug 28 by Brynmill_Jack

Tank games ? Less harmful than a full scale invasion of Iraq with hundreds of thousands dead, radioactive dirty waste and a completely ravaged economy due to having to pay American companies to rebuild after their armies have levelled the place? And for 9/11 - which Iraq had nothing to do with?

Your view is skewed, not mine.

It is also not as bad as invading a sovereign country, destroying it's civilian infrastructure and having a go at nuclear terrorism...which is what is currently happening but you reference history in another act of whataboutery.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Energy prices on 20:42 - Aug 28 with 706 viewsBoundy

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Energy prices on 23:41 - Aug 28 with 684 viewsmajorraglan

With the benefit of hindsight that may not have been such a bad deal!

What’s happening is mental.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024