Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who returns for the Watford game? 15:25 - Jan 10 with 7605 viewskingsburyR

How many players are back from injury lay off for Sunday?

Chair?
Willock?
Cook?
Colback?

I can't be having Watford pumping us for a second time this season.

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Who returns for the Watford game? on 17:49 - Jan 11 with 1569 viewscolinallcars

Just looked at latest pics of training session today on offish, and can't see Chair. Anyone with better facial recognition skills ?
Who returns for the Watford game? on 18:26 - Jan 11 with 1454 viewsbosh67

The disappointment so far has been Colback either not being fit, able to not get sent off or actually play well beyond the first two games. He was a very good player and I had high hopes for him, even in his late 40s.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Who returns for the Watford game? on 19:02 - Jan 11 with 1416 viewscolinallcars

Who returns for the Watford game? on 18:26 - Jan 11 by bosh67

The disappointment so far has been Colback either not being fit, able to not get sent off or actually play well beyond the first two games. He was a very good player and I had high hopes for him, even in his late 40s.

I think he misses the trolleybuses.
[Post edited 11 Jan 20:23]
Who returns for the Watford game? on 19:04 - Jan 11 with 1413 viewsLongsufferingR

Who returns for the Watford game? on 17:49 - Jan 11 by colinallcars

Just looked at latest pics of training session today on offish, and can't see Chair. Anyone with better facial recognition skills ?

Look a little lower in the pictures.
Who returns for the Watford game? on 19:47 - Jan 11 with 1337 viewsmart_Goblin

Who returns for the Watford game? on 17:49 - Jan 11 by colinallcars

Unfortunately sounds like a hamstring too along with Willock.
Might be missing these two a bit longer unfortunately
Who returns for the Watford game? on 19:51 - Jan 11 with 1329 viewssprocket

Willock is definitely in the pics but can see Chair
Who returns for the Watford game? on 22:02 - Jan 11 with 1162 viewsOldPedro

Who returns for the Watford game? on 19:51 - Jan 11 by sprocket

Willock is definitely in the pics but can see Chair

Chair is definitely in one of the photos with Colback and Paul Hall

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Who returns for the Watford game? on 22:10 - Jan 11 with 1127 viewsgazza1

Who returns for the Watford game? on 17:43 - Jan 11 by Watford_Ranger

Is Colback actually any good? Granted we all see the game differently but when he has played he’s mostly been crap IMO. Started quite well.

I quite like him, always have, but he is getting older now. Does a lot of stuff unseen but adds to Field’s game and provides us better defensively although he has scored a couple of tidy goals.

Others may think differently but he could be important for us on Sunday. If he is fit the Manager will select him.
[Post edited 11 Jan 22:11]
Login to get fewer ads

Who returns for the Watford game? on 22:23 - Jan 11 with 1072 viewsmart_Goblin

Who returns for the Watford game? on 22:10 - Jan 11 by gazza1

I quite like him, always have, but he is getting older now. Does a lot of stuff unseen but adds to Field’s game and provides us better defensively although he has scored a couple of tidy goals.

Others may think differently but he could be important for us on Sunday. If he is fit the Manager will select him.

Not convinced personally but one thing he does do very well is press high and quick onto the opponents Cb’s. We don’t have anyone doing that since he’s been injured. If you remember the first few games of MC there was a visible trigger where we pressed really well as a group and JC was a huge part of that .
With the ball he is as bad as Field and just can’t get on the half turn at all
Who returns for the Watford game? on 22:26 - Jan 11 with 1058 viewsNorthernr

It's very unseen at the moment.
Who returns for the Watford game? on 22:27 - Jan 11 with 1050 viewsParkRoyalR

Who returns for the Watford game? on 10:05 - Jan 11 by daveB

We desperately need Cook and Clarke-Salter in the team as often as possible between now and the end of the season

Would be nice to see Colback as well if he fancies it

We're losing goals + games due to our defending of corners + set pieces,

Clarke Salter is up there with Begovic on the body count for these with goals at Millwall (2nd) + Cardiff showing a lack of desire and was also at fault for goal from open play at Millwall (1st), also gifted what should should have been an early goal at Ipswich,

Looks the part but his reaction for the Kolli Cardiff 2nd goal looked like a player that lacks the desire to put his head + body in where it might get hurt.

If we play out from the back he starts, if we need an out + out Championship defender he doesn't, with glut of set-piece goals conceded I'm back to we need 3 CB's with Cook + Clarke Salter taking the ball out either side of Dunne.
Who returns for the Watford game? on 22:29 - Jan 11 with 1041 viewsgazza1

Who returns for the Watford game? on 22:26 - Jan 11 by Northernr

It's very unseen at the moment.

Yes, I know you are not a fan Norf, he has been missing But he adds to the Team in my book and good enough for a start ahead of a few others in midfield.
Who returns for the Watford game? on 22:31 - Jan 11 with 1035 viewsNorthernr

Who returns for the Watford game? on 22:29 - Jan 11 by gazza1

Yes, I know you are not a fan Norf, he has been missing But he adds to the Team in my book and good enough for a start ahead of a few others in midfield.

If you're not able to get into our midfield there is something profoundly wrong with you.
Who returns for the Watford game? on 22:36 - Jan 11 with 1014 viewsgazza1

Who returns for the Watford game? on 22:31 - Jan 11 by Northernr

If you're not able to get into our midfield there is something profoundly wrong with you.

Field and Colback are not bad together…….yes, whilst we are lacking up front, midfield is a bit of an issue.
Who returns for the Watford game? on 22:41 - Jan 11 with 998 viewsNorthernr

Who returns for the Watford game? on 22:36 - Jan 11 by gazza1

Field and Colback are not bad together…….yes, whilst we are lacking up front, midfield is a bit of an issue.

Like I'm "a bit" annoying to sit with
Who returns for the Watford game? on 22:41 - Jan 11 with 997 viewsWatford_Ranger

Fair enough. This season feels like it’s been about five years already but I was at Southampton where he was pretty strong at least first half and obviously got the goal. In the home games I’m honestly struggling to remember anything positive but then most of these matches have blurred into one.
Who returns for the Watford game? on 22:51 - Jan 11 with 987 viewsdaveB

Who returns for the Watford game? on 22:27 - Jan 11 by ParkRoyalR

We're losing goals + games due to our defending of corners + set pieces,

Clarke Salter is up there with Begovic on the body count for these with goals at Millwall (2nd) + Cardiff showing a lack of desire and was also at fault for goal from open play at Millwall (1st), also gifted what should should have been an early goal at Ipswich,

Looks the part but his reaction for the Kolli Cardiff 2nd goal looked like a player that lacks the desire to put his head + body in where it might get hurt.

If we play out from the back he starts, if we need an out + out Championship defender he doesn't, with glut of set-piece goals conceded I'm back to we need 3 CB's with Cook + Clarke Salter taking the ball out either side of Dunne.

He didn't play well in those games but for me we need him and Cook in the team if we are to have any chance. If one or both are missing our chances of winning are a lot slimmer
Who returns for the Watford game? on 22:53 - Jan 11 with 975 viewsParkRoyalR

Who returns for the Watford game? on 22:29 - Jan 11 by gazza1

I have you right Gazza,

Only example of on-field Captaincy I have seen this season was Colback coaching + directing Duke McKenna through the Blackburn tactical car-crash.

Really positive on field comms + not the Steve Cook school of digging out your lesser able team-mate (Ossie) when you're not showing or giving an option yourself.

Colback has to start above Dozzell as he can tackle, head the ball, pass forwards + is still more mobile even at 34 yrs of age.
Who returns for the Watford game? on 22:54 - Jan 11 with 976 viewsNorthernr

Who returns for the Watford game? on 22:53 - Jan 11 by ParkRoyalR

I have you right Gazza,

Only example of on-field Captaincy I have seen this season was Colback coaching + directing Duke McKenna through the Blackburn tactical car-crash.

Really positive on field comms + not the Steve Cook school of digging out your lesser able team-mate (Ossie) when you're not showing or giving an option yourself.

Colback has to start above Dozzell as he can tackle, head the ball, pass forwards + is still more mobile even at 34 yrs of age.

I think we all agree he'd be ideally starting ahead of Dozzell.
Who returns for the Watford game? on 23:03 - Jan 11 with 956 viewsParkRoyalR

Who returns for the Watford game? on 22:51 - Jan 11 by daveB

He didn't play well in those games but for me we need him and Cook in the team if we are to have any chance. If one or both are missing our chances of winning are a lot slimmer

On recent evidence we can't risk Clarke Salter in a 2,

Millwall 1st, lacked awareness + desire.
Millwall 2nd, lacked physicality + desire.
Cardiff 2nd, lacked awareness + desire.

Probably others too, but while most seem to be focussing on Dunne those Cardiff goals showed Dunne at least attack the ball where Clarke Salter took fright and opted for self-preservation.

I get starting him in a 3, but as a 2nd CB in a team shipping goals from set-piece he's a non-starter for me.
Who returns for the Watford game? on 23:04 - Jan 11 with 946 viewsNorthernr

Who returns for the Watford game? on 23:03 - Jan 11 by ParkRoyalR

Probably others too, but while most seem to be focussing on Dunne those Cardiff goals showed Dunne at least attack the ball where Clarke Salter took fright and opted for self-preservation.

I get starting him in a 3, but as a 2nd CB in a team shipping goals from set-piece he's a non-starter for me.

Fast rattling back round to the realisation our centre backs are so atrocious you either have to play them in a three, or park literally another centre back in front of them as a 'holding midfielder'.
Who returns for the Watford game? on 23:18 - Jan 11 with 895 viewsParkRoyalR

Who returns for the Watford game? on 23:04 - Jan 11 by Northernr

Fast rattling back round to the realisation our centre backs are so atrocious you either have to play them in a three, or park literally another centre back in front of them as a 'holding midfielder'.

Agree, although I think it's easier to fix our set piece conceding problem than if we were conceding goals from open play.

Colback for Dozzell will be a big help here as will a little more smarts from the Manager in not expecting an inexperienced forward in Armstrong who can barely stay alert and onside to be disciplined in defending corners.

Kolli defending that zone against Cardiff who lead the set piece stats in the division was bonkers.

Absolutely not digging the bloke out but I reckon Esther McVey in the Ministry of Common Sense might have questioned those calls.
Who returns for the Watford game? on 09:47 - Jan 12 with 696 viewsTheChef

Who returns for the Watford game? on 22:54 - Jan 11 by Northernr

I think we all agree he'd be ideally starting ahead of Dozzell.

You start Dozzell you effectively start with ten men.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Who returns for the Watford game? on 09:50 - Jan 12 with 691 viewsNorthernr

Who returns for the Watford game? on 19:47 - Jan 11 by mart_Goblin

Unfortunately sounds like a hamstring too along with Willock.
Might be missing these two a bit longer unfortunately

Willock is in the training pics though.

As is Chair actually...

This post has been edited by an administrator
Who returns for the Watford game? on 09:57 - Jan 12 with 669 viewsdaveB

Who returns for the Watford game? on 23:03 - Jan 11 by ParkRoyalR

Alongside Cook he's more than fine, it's when he comes out it goes to pot which is why they both have to play imo

If you go back to a 3 then you can't really start Willock, Chair & Smyth which I think we need to do so for balance of the team I'd stick with back 4
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024