Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mark Hughes not as bad as evryone is making out 12:53 - Apr 2 with 4754 viewsrichpr

I know I am going to be crucified for this but I just can't see how we are close to being 1/2 the side we had under Mark Hughes - September 2012 we played Spurs at WHL off the park in the 1st half - an unlucky own goal and then a Defoe goal minutes later seemed to sum up the season and they did lose confidence after that. Now we have a bunch of old has-beens eeking out as much money as they can before they go off to football heaven (still in-tact through not exerting themSelves for the last 12 months).

Went to Blackpool game to see Henry (surely the most talentless and negative footballer to don a QPR shirt), Onuha panic whenever the ball came close, Keane jumping around like a 10 year-old aimlessly chasing the ball round the pitch - Essou-Akotu (seriously needs a rocket up his arse) stroll through yet another game - Zamora hobble through 90 minutes (does he need a new hip??). Why HR picked such a defensive team at home to one of the worst sides is incredulous to me. Eventually, Hoilett comes on and the game is turned on its head. Thank god Simpson is back and lets hope Austin gets back soon to bundle in a few goals. If we can't beat Blackpool at home and they were mega-useless then we won't have much chance of winning the play-offs. Even if we did get promoted then it would require a complete clear-out as even our best players (Hill, Dunne, Barton, Krancjar,) are senior citizens and would not be good enough in the EPL. Jenas, O'Neil, Hughes, Benayoun, SWP, Zamora, Johnson are all on the scrapheap. Hoilett has the talent but something is missing, Austin might score a few but isn't skillful enough. That just leaves us with Matty Phillips (promising and strong), Faulin (great player but injury-prone and lacks pace), Simpson (very consistent) and Rob Greene (no youngster!). Then there is Traore - new lease of life on left wing but too much like a headless chicken. Where are the youngsters - would much rather see an inexperienced player trying but making mistakes than an experienced player just playing safe. Is there anyone I haven't slagged off yet?? Let me know and I'll find something wrong with them! BTW Taraabt would have cleaned up in the championship but not good for team morale.

Feel sorry for Fernandez who has had his bank balance cleaned out by Hughes and HR - but still feel that team under Hughes was far, far better than what we currently have under HR. I will wait for the attacks - be gentle - this is my first rant on LFW
Mark Hughes not as bad as evryone is making out on 12:56 - Apr 2 with 3880 viewsfacto

have to say that team was better than current team.........though that aint saying much!
Mark Hughes not as bad as evryone is making out on 12:57 - Apr 2 with 3873 views1MoreBrightonR

Did you watch us under Hughes!? Worst i have ever seen QPR look and i've seen us look pretty bad over the years. Does that mean it's ok now, no...but seriously...
Mark Hughes not as bad as evryone is making out on 13:13 - Apr 2 with 3815 viewsted_hendrix

Clutch at all the Mark Hughes straws you want It makes no difference to me, in the general scheme of things his meticulous planning of his own arrogance bears no comparison.
An awful stuck up himself back passage of a man and an utter mistake by this club to have employed him in the first place.
Still we live and learn don't we?
Hmmmmmmmm

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Mark Hughes not as bad as evryone is making out on 13:20 - Apr 2 with 3781 viewsdaveB

Played Spurs off the park for an hour but still lost, that team was crap though. Bosingwa bottled the game the first time Lennon ran at him he walked off injured. 4 of last Saturdays team played at Spurs as well.

If we had everyone fit the current team is a better "team" than the Hughes one
The team that played at Spurs was J Cesar, J Bosingwa (K Dyer, 3), C Hill, N Onuoha, R Nelsen, S Wright-Phillips (J Mackie, ), J-S Park, E Granero, D Hoilett, A Faurlin, B Zamora (D Cisse,)

I reckon an XI of Green, Simpson, BAE, Onoura, Hill, Kranjckar, Barton, Jenas, Phillips, Morrison and Austin would do better in the Premier League than Hughes team. it would need work but has a better balance and better work rate than Hughes shambles.

I'd hope if we go up we learn and don't make tons of changes. We have the nucleus of a decent side that wouldn't need major surgery. A centre half, left back, central midfield player, left winger and forward would need to be added to stay up imo once the loans have gone back but if we make 10/11 new signings then we'll be back in the championship quickly in another mess.
Mark Hughes not as bad as evryone is making out on 13:22 - Apr 2 with 3765 viewsRangersw12

Easily on a par with the relegation team of 2000/01

However I do believe if we had beaten Spurs then we would of gone on a bit of a run as we played well against Chelsea the week before yet that defeat just killed the confidence and then factions started appearing in the dressing room
Mark Hughes not as bad as evryone is making out on 13:22 - Apr 2 with 3761 viewsQPunkR

'Ere, OP - April Fool's Day was yesterday

QPR - "shit but local"

Mark Hughes not as bad as evryone is making out on 13:26 - Apr 2 with 3746 viewsresurrectedlambourn

Mark Hughes not as bad as evryone is making out on 13:20 - Apr 2 by daveB

Played Spurs off the park for an hour but still lost, that team was crap though. Bosingwa bottled the game the first time Lennon ran at him he walked off injured. 4 of last Saturdays team played at Spurs as well.

The team that played at Spurs was J Cesar, J Bosingwa (K Dyer, 3), C Hill, N Onuoha, R Nelsen, S Wright-Phillips (J Mackie, ), J-S Park, E Granero, D Hoilett, A Faurlin, B Zamora (D Cisse,)

I reckon an XI of Green, Simpson, BAE, Onoura, Hill, Kranjckar, Barton, Jenas, Phillips, Morrison and Austin would do better in the Premier League than Hughes team. it would need work but has a better balance and better work rate than Hughes shambles.

I'd hope if we go up we learn and don't make tons of changes. We have the nucleus of a decent side that wouldn't need major surgery. A centre half, left back, central midfield player, left winger and forward would need to be added to stay up imo once the loans have gone back but if we make 10/11 new signings then we'll be back in the championship quickly in another mess.

We will always be in a relegation battle until our new stadium is built, then we can attract a decent player who actually wants to play for us instead of just for the double money we pay than everywhere else.
Mark Hughes not as bad as evryone is making out on 13:26 - Apr 2 with 3743 viewsRangersw12

Totally agree with your last paragraph , we have a better squad than Hull and they haven't made wholesale changes

Will be a real test to see if TF has learnt anything if we do go up but I fear it will be wholesale changes again
Login to get fewer ads

Mark Hughes not as bad as evryone is making out on 13:34 - Apr 2 with 3709 viewsPommyhoop

Yes it would need work .But by who?.H has proved he is unable to coach ,motivate and has zero clue about tactics.He has no plan A B or C. He may leave us with a better set of players but he isnt able or willing to get them playing anywhere near good enough for the Prem..We'd be mullered everyweek in the Prem with this team under H and his backround staff

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Mark Hughes not as bad as evryone is making out on 13:57 - Apr 2 with 3650 viewsTacticalR

Mark Hughes not as bad as evryone is making out on 13:22 - Apr 2 by QPunkR

'Ere, OP - April Fool's Day was yesterday

But today is Wumsday.

Air hostess clique

Mark Hughes not as bad as evryone is making out on 14:22 - Apr 2 with 3597 viewsLblock

I will donate the timber and the nails

You choose the hill and time of your crucifixion okay?

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Mark Hughes not as bad as evryone is making out on 14:29 - Apr 2 with 3581 viewsdaveB

Mark Hughes not as bad as evryone is making out on 13:34 - Apr 2 by Pommyhoop

Yes it would need work .But by who?.H has proved he is unable to coach ,motivate and has zero clue about tactics.He has no plan A B or C. He may leave us with a better set of players but he isnt able or willing to get them playing anywhere near good enough for the Prem..We'd be mullered everyweek in the Prem with this team under H and his backround staff

wow for someone who can't coach and knows nothing about tactics he's done pretty well to manage at the top level as long as he has.

We'd do ok in the Prem under Redknapp, even last year his record was not bad until the Wigan draw when we fell apart after that.

it would be a struggle and plenty won't be happy but we'd be more competitive than we were under Hughes
Mark Hughes not as bad as evryone is making out on 14:30 - Apr 2 with 3578 viewsTacticalR

Mark Hughes not as bad as evryone is making out on 14:22 - Apr 2 by Lblock

I will donate the timber and the nails

You choose the hill and time of your crucifixion okay?

Nail some sense into them.

Air hostess clique

Mark Hughes not as bad as evryone is making out on 14:37 - Apr 2 with 3562 viewsWestbourneR

Make it your first and last post.

So much rubbish in there I don't know where to start.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Mark Hughes not as bad as evryone is making out on 14:39 - Apr 2 with 3556 viewsPommyhoop

Mark Hughes not as bad as evryone is making out on 14:29 - Apr 2 by daveB

wow for someone who can't coach and knows nothing about tactics he's done pretty well to manage at the top level as long as he has.

We'd do ok in the Prem under Redknapp, even last year his record was not bad until the Wigan draw when we fell apart after that.

it would be a struggle and plenty won't be happy but we'd be more competitive than we were under Hughes

Cant agree. You rate his ability ,I dont. Even accounting for his past achievements ( which I dont rate) I think he has proved this year that he is a tired old has been who 's heart is not in it ( might be down to the foot or we are beneath him ,dont know) but no way would we do Ok in the Prem with H..

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Mark Hughes not as bad as evryone is making out on 14:48 - Apr 2 with 3532 viewspaulparker

Mark Hughes not as bad as evryone is making out on 14:39 - Apr 2 by Pommyhoop

Cant agree. You rate his ability ,I dont. Even accounting for his past achievements ( which I dont rate) I think he has proved this year that he is a tired old has been who 's heart is not in it ( might be down to the foot or we are beneath him ,dont know) but no way would we do Ok in the Prem with H..

agree with Pommy
I gave Arry the benefit of the doubt last year due to the complete feck up by Hughsless
but seeing the job that Pullis has done at Palace when they were just as dead and buried as us, makes me even more p*ssed off with saggy chops

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Mark Hughes not as bad as evryone is making out on 14:56 - Apr 2 with 3519 viewsconnell10

Up there with all time shite thread!! Hughes is a kunt of the highest order, he was a player, he was as a manager and he will be for the rest of his natural!!!! Must be a wind merchant who started this thread

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Mark Hughes not as bad as evryone is making out on 15:04 - Apr 2 with 3492 viewsN12Hoop

Mark Hughes not as bad as evryone is making out on 14:56 - Apr 2 by connell10

Up there with all time shite thread!! Hughes is a kunt of the highest order, he was a player, he was as a manager and he will be for the rest of his natural!!!! Must be a wind merchant who started this thread

Hallelulah to this.
This is the same Hughes who went to every away game with utter negativity that as soon as we let in a goal we all knew we were f*cked. The same Hughes who at home to Blackburn in a proper 6 pointer, went with a negative formation when we should have gone for their throats. Make no mistake, we stayed up despite of Hughes, not because of him. I'm not a big fan of Redknapp, but compared to Hughes I love the bloke and want to have his babies.
Nothing would give me greater pleasure than Hughes failing miserably and getting sacked. I would probably accept Scum winning the league if it meant that happening (although that might be stretching it a bit)

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

Mark Hughes not as bad as evryone is making out on 15:09 - Apr 2 with 3483 viewsloftboy

Mark Hughes not as bad as evryone is making out on 15:04 - Apr 2 by N12Hoop

Hallelulah to this.
This is the same Hughes who went to every away game with utter negativity that as soon as we let in a goal we all knew we were f*cked. The same Hughes who at home to Blackburn in a proper 6 pointer, went with a negative formation when we should have gone for their throats. Make no mistake, we stayed up despite of Hughes, not because of him. I'm not a big fan of Redknapp, but compared to Hughes I love the bloke and want to have his babies.
Nothing would give me greater pleasure than Hughes failing miserably and getting sacked. I would probably accept Scum winning the league if it meant that happening (although that might be stretching it a bit)

Henry isn't as bad as the OP makes out either, he does the job he's paid to do which is break up play, he was good against Blackpool and other games as well, just because he doesn't try to hit 50 yard passes doesn't make him a bad player.
As for Hughes he is a kunt. End of

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Mark Hughes not as bad as evryone is making out on 15:11 - Apr 2 with 3476 viewsJuzzie

Mark Hughes was a fking disaster. So, our season fell apart after one game that we lost (an OG and a goal after one of our players was fouled in the build up) in SEPTEMBER????
Mark Hughes not as bad as evryone is making out on 15:17 - Apr 2 with 3452 viewsTacticalR

Unfortunately we have a very bad infestation of WUM's elm disease, which seems to be heading for full-blown WUMalitis.

Air hostess clique

Mark Hughes not as bad as evryone is making out on 16:31 - Apr 2 with 3361 viewsjamois

Just wanted to remind the OP that Mark Hughes is the man who said "I cannot do any more for QPR" and who also said "So if people start looking at what we do on a daily, weekly basis, or over a period of time in terms of preparation, looking for reasons why we are not winning games they won’t find any, because we prepare better than any.” He is arrogant, highly deluded, an utter w*nker who was better prepared for felching his dog's arse than coaching our team.

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Mark Hughes not as bad as evryone is making out on 16:42 - Apr 2 with 3346 viewsadhoc_qpr

Hughes and Redknapp have produced largely similar teams to be honest - pointless possession going nowhere, very static, struggling for goals, prone to defensive mishaps, heads drop very easily.

The only difference being that in the lower standard of the championship the individual quality of our players is often enough to get us points.
Mark Hughes not as bad as evryone is making out on 16:47 - Apr 2 with 3336 viewscoolranger

Aah.... Mark Hughes. A recurring topic.

I'll just make a few simple points here to add to this thread;

1. He has absolutely NO charisma - never smiles, doesn't engage interviewers, shows no warmth and never comes out with anything other than predictable one liners
2. Never tried to make any connection with the Rangers fans
3. Strutts around like a well muscled peacock
4. Exudes arrogance, but ALWAYS looks like he has just sucked on a large lemon
5. Has an APPALLING overall managerial away record (I must get final stats, but they are GRIM)
6. Has about TWO tactical game plans - little flexibility
7. Most of the real work and coaching is done by 'Team Hughes', led by Bowen

I have seen very little evidence from him, wherever he has been, of having any exceptional managerial skills - man management, charisma, tactical / strategic insight.

He strikes me as someone who has created his own management template. Relies heavily on scientific and game data. Surrounds himself with acolytes. Insists it takes half a season for his system to produce real results. Doesn't like dealing with the media. Keeps distant from his players. But is making a handsome living by somehow maintaining the perception that he is significantly better than his record would suggest.

I'm beginning to think much of this applies to AVB too.
Mark Hughes not as bad as evryone is making out on 17:15 - Apr 2 with 3295 viewsdaveB

Mark Hughes not as bad as evryone is making out on 14:39 - Apr 2 by Pommyhoop

fair enough you don't rate his past achievements, for me getting Spurs into the top 4 twice was something no one else has done since the 80's and keeping West Ham mid table for years and into europe was pretty good. Also did well at pompey, probably best spell they've had for generations until the owner pulled out.

I don't think he's done a great job at QPR and is probably on his way down but I think he'd do ok for us if we went up, by that I don't mean mid table just competing to stay up similar to Palace this season. I just think to be in 3rd place he must be doing something right, this season could have been better but it's not all been a disaster
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024