Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
£5million fee agreed with Ajax for Kolbeinn Sigthorsson 11:57 - Jul 14 with 21661 viewsrangerslee

Personal terms being discussed.
£5million fee agreed with Ajax for Kolbeinn Sigthorsson on 11:59 - Jul 14 with 10608 viewswhittocksRs

Source? Or sauce?
£5million fee agreed with Ajax for Kolbeinn Sigthorsson on 12:01 - Jul 14 with 10552 viewssimmo

Just seen it on Sky, also says the Rio deal is happening, after putting forward a 'revised offer'. May be linked with the fact Caulker looks like going Palace ahead of ourselves.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

£5million fee agreed with Ajax for Kolbeinn Sigthorsson on 12:02 - Jul 14 with 10538 viewsQPR442

Breaking SSN about Sigthorsson and now Rio set to join tomorrow.
Funny I thought earlier that today/tomorrow would see some movement at QPR
£5million fee agreed with Ajax for Kolbeinn Sigthorsson on 12:15 - Jul 14 with 10354 viewsDiscodroid

£5million fee agreed with Ajax for Kolbeinn Sigthorsson on 12:02 - Jul 14 by QPR442

Breaking SSN about Sigthorsson and now Rio set to join tomorrow.
Funny I thought earlier that today/tomorrow would see some movement at QPR

mmmmmm, been reading about this sigthorsson gadge, ok lets give it ago, but im still spectacularly unimpressed with signing ferdinand.

KIA by september/october

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

£5million fee agreed with Ajax for Kolbeinn Sigthorsson on 12:31 - Jul 14 with 10163 viewsadhoc_qpr

I'm always dubious about signing strikers from the dutch leagues, players with great scoring record who have flopped in better leagues include Altidore, Samaras, Kuyt, Afonso Alves, Kezman, Kalou etc etc.

Let's hope he's more like Bony!

I can't say i know much about Sigthorsson , but the price/age seems about right and we need another striker badly.

Rio will be an OK signing IF he's fit and it's only a one year contract.
£5million fee agreed with Ajax for Kolbeinn Sigthorsson on 12:35 - Jul 14 with 10115 viewsWestminsteRs

£5million fee agreed with Ajax for Kolbeinn Sigthorsson on 12:31 - Jul 14 by adhoc_qpr

I'm always dubious about signing strikers from the dutch leagues, players with great scoring record who have flopped in better leagues include Altidore, Samaras, Kuyt, Afonso Alves, Kezman, Kalou etc etc.

I can't say i know much about Sigthorsson , but the price/age seems about right and we need another striker badly.

Suarez worked out okay for Liverpool.

Sigthorsson looks okay though possibly not the most mobile. Definitely an alternative to Austin but we'd still lack a different kind of forward. Probably fine if Remy stays but could really do with at least one more.
£5million fee agreed with Ajax for Kolbeinn Sigthorsson on 12:35 - Jul 14 with 10111 viewsqpr1976

£5million fee agreed with Ajax for Kolbeinn Sigthorsson on 12:01 - Jul 14 by simmo

Just seen it on Sky, also says the Rio deal is happening, after putting forward a 'revised offer'. May be linked with the fact Caulker looks like going Palace ahead of ourselves.

I think I'd rather we'd have 'revised' our offer to Caulker to try & persuade him to join us instead of Palarse.
I'm sure Rio has something to offer, but £80k a week for a 35 year old or £50k a week for a 22 year old ? Feels like a no brainer.
£5million fee agreed with Ajax for Kolbeinn Sigthorsson on 12:37 - Jul 14 with 10088 viewsGilligan

The comment under this article is slightly worrying:

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2014/06/07/five-facts-about-reported-swansea-targ

The strength point is backed up here:

http://www.goal.com/en/news/462/netherlands/2011/10/06/2698909/az-coach-gertjan-

A couple of Dutch Liverpool fans arguing about him:

http://forums.liverpoolfc.com/threads/351915-Kolbeinn-Sigthorsson

But the fact that we have targeted for a while does suggest with done some proper scouting.
Login to get fewer ads

£5million fee agreed with Ajax for Kolbeinn Sigthorsson on 12:40 - Jul 14 with 10048 viewsadhoc_qpr

£5million fee agreed with Ajax for Kolbeinn Sigthorsson on 12:35 - Jul 14 by qpr1976

I think I'd rather we'd have 'revised' our offer to Caulker to try & persuade him to join us instead of Palarse.
I'm sure Rio has something to offer, but £80k a week for a 35 year old or £50k a week for a 22 year old ? Feels like a no brainer.

But it's £80K a week for one year, versus £8m fee plus £50K a week over 3 years - big difference.

If Caulker doesn't want to come i won't lose any sleep over it, he's already shown bad judgement by joining Cardiff last year for cash.

Plus being honest, Palace have a better shot at staying up than we do anyway.
£5million fee agreed with Ajax for Kolbeinn Sigthorsson on 12:42 - Jul 14 with 10042 viewseghamranger

Defoe will be coming for 3 months
£5million fee agreed with Ajax for Kolbeinn Sigthorsson on 12:45 - Jul 14 with 9998 viewssimmo

£5million fee agreed with Ajax for Kolbeinn Sigthorsson on 12:35 - Jul 14 by qpr1976

None of that is confirmed and I wouldnt want to revise my offer for Caulker if he wants to join palace. If you're saying for more money he would choose us then I would say no thanks anyway. We need people that will want to play for QPR and join the team, embrace the challenge and help us move towards a more positive future. They will be well compensated as well, because we will compete with other clubs in wage. But if it comes purely down to money than fck them. I am sure he was offered a very good deal anyway.

Palace are better established and from a neutral perspective are probably a better option for someone like Caulker. The fact we are in for players like that is great, but if they choose elsewhere than we can't blame them.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

£5million fee agreed with Ajax for Kolbeinn Sigthorsson on 12:52 - Jul 14 with 9906 viewsDaiHo0p

10 goals last year. Fantastic.
£5million fee agreed with Ajax for Kolbeinn Sigthorsson on 12:54 - Jul 14 with 9885 viewsAntti_Heinola

£5million fee agreed with Ajax for Kolbeinn Sigthorsson on 12:31 - Jul 14 by adhoc_qpr

I don't think it matters which league a player comes from to be honest - Samaras was young when he went to City and is obviously a decent player. If we got someone as good as Kuyt in his younger days I'd be over the moon. Kalou was ok, although wouldn't want him here! No nothing about Sigthorsson.

Bare bones.

£5million fee agreed with Ajax for Kolbeinn Sigthorsson on 12:56 - Jul 14 with 9872 viewsqpr1976

I imagine the 'Revised' offer for Ferdinand is for more, rather than less. Offers are very rarely revised downwards. So has Rio hung out for more money, like Caulker ?

Also, we'd at least have a decent sell on value for Caulker. I guess I'm probably more disappointed that Palarse are seen as a better option than us.

Oh well, back for Lascellas ? Smaller fee & wages than Caulker ?
[Post edited 14 Jul 2014 13:23]
£5million fee agreed with Ajax for Kolbeinn Sigthorsson on 12:57 - Jul 14 with 9866 viewsJonDoeman

£5million fee agreed with Ajax for Kolbeinn Sigthorsson on 12:37 - Jul 14 by Gilligan

The comment under this article is slightly worrying:

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2014/06/07/five-facts-about-reported-swansea-targ

The strength point is backed up here:

http://www.goal.com/en/news/462/netherlands/2011/10/06/2698909/az-coach-gertjan-

A couple of Dutch Liverpool fans arguing about him:

http://forums.liverpoolfc.com/threads/351915-Kolbeinn-Sigthorsson

But the fact that we have targeted for a while does suggest with done some proper scouting.

Good informative post Gilligan. Got me worried. He sounds like an injury prone crock!!

It Is What It Is !!

£5million fee agreed with Ajax for Kolbeinn Sigthorsson on 12:57 - Jul 14 with 9860 viewsAntti_Heinola

£5million fee agreed with Ajax for Kolbeinn Sigthorsson on 12:52 - Jul 14 by DaiHo0p

if he'd scored 25 he wouldn't be coming to us!

Bare bones.

£5million fee agreed with Ajax for Kolbeinn Sigthorsson on 12:58 - Jul 14 with 9858 viewsgordanoR

£5million fee agreed with Ajax for Kolbeinn Sigthorsson on 12:52 - Jul 14 by DaiHo0p

That's 1 more than Zamora since we signed him.
£5million fee agreed with Ajax for Kolbeinn Sigthorsson on 13:01 - Jul 14 with 9821 viewsdavman

£5million fee agreed with Ajax for Kolbeinn Sigthorsson on 12:57 - Jul 14 by JonDoeman

Good informative post Gilligan. Got me worried. He sounds like an injury prone crock!!

Ideal for us; the only thing wrong with him is that he is the right side of 30...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

£5million fee agreed with Ajax for Kolbeinn Sigthorsson on 13:12 - Jul 14 with 9746 viewsHunterhoop

£5million fee agreed with Ajax for Kolbeinn Sigthorsson on 12:56 - Jul 14 by qpr1976

I imagine the 'Revised' offer for Ferdinand is for more, rather than less. Offers are very rarely revised downwards. So has Rio hung out for more money, like Caulker ?

Also, we'd at least have a decent sell on value for Caulker. I guess I'm probably more disappointed that Palarse are seen as a better option than us.

Oh well, back for Lascellas ? Smaller fee & wages than Caulker ?
[Post edited 14 Jul 2014 13:23]

Indeed. I read that like we've offered slightly more to Ferdinand, now it looks like we're not getting Caulker.

I'm still unconvinced about this Rio signing. It's a lot of money, there's no guarantee his legs will last a 40 game season, we'll be in the same position again in a year's time and he'll be on a lot more (even with his pay cut) than most of the squad.

Still, he was once the best CB in the country, clearly knows his stuff tactically and is a leader on the pitch. Not sure this outweighs the former cons though.

And it's worth highlighting it's not Rio nor Caulker who are "holding out for more cash". It's their agents. They make their money via commission. They get wealthier by agreeing bigger, better deals for their clients. I doubt Rio cares if he gets £60k or £70k per week, given what he's earnt in his life. But if you're on some sort of commission linked to the value of the deal (for your client) you probably will. Same goes for Caulker's agent. Unless a player says, "I want to go to X and my mind won't be swung", the agent can make hay. And even if the player does say something like that, you'll still get the shenanigans Swansea had with Ashley Williams. Agents are the biggest cancer in football. They add nothing apart from taking more and more money from our pockets (as fans/Sky subscribers) and putting in it their pockets and their clients' pockets.

Regarding this Sigthorsson chap, wasn't he likened to being the new Helguson? If so, that's good enough for me. Also, his career record seems to be 127 games, 47 goals. That seems pretty good, given two thirds of those appearances were for Ajax. Besides, if he's a big physical, bustling centre forward that will unsettles some of these fancy "Luiz-esque" centre halves now plying their trade in the Prem, all the better!

Finally, I think it's more important to sign someone who can do the same job as Austin rather than someone who is different. If we play any form of 4-2-3-1, 4-5-1 or 4-3-3, you only have one true CF. If Austin were to be injured (likely) or lose form, you need someone who can do that job. Having some little fast chap will leave us exposed. Signing "someone different" up front is a secondary consideration.

Of course, that analysis is based on us having actually devised a strategy on how we'll play this coming season and we're signing players accordingly. Don't laugh at the back!
£5million fee agreed with Ajax for Kolbeinn Sigthorsson on 13:32 - Jul 14 with 9599 viewsrichpr

check him out on youtube - looks the business if you ask me - pace, skill, strength and a goalscorer. will compliment Austin who has strength and brilliant goalscorer (not much skill or pace but who cares). We have missed a bit of pace up front but now with Phillips back, Sigthorsson, Austin and Hoilet all looks good. Just need to get some pace in midfield (Fer sounds ideal) and a centre half like Caulker then we could be on for a good season.
£5million fee agreed with Ajax for Kolbeinn Sigthorsson on 13:37 - Jul 14 with 9562 viewsSpiritofGregory

£5million fee agreed with Ajax for Kolbeinn Sigthorsson on 13:12 - Jul 14 by Hunterhoop

Indeed. I read that like we've offered slightly more to Ferdinand, now it looks like we're not getting Caulker.

I'm still unconvinced about this Rio signing. It's a lot of money, there's no guarantee his legs will last a 40 game season, we'll be in the same position again in a year's time and he'll be on a lot more (even with his pay cut) than most of the squad.

Still, he was once the best CB in the country, clearly knows his stuff tactically and is a leader on the pitch. Not sure this outweighs the former cons though.

And it's worth highlighting it's not Rio nor Caulker who are "holding out for more cash". It's their agents. They make their money via commission. They get wealthier by agreeing bigger, better deals for their clients. I doubt Rio cares if he gets £60k or £70k per week, given what he's earnt in his life. But if you're on some sort of commission linked to the value of the deal (for your client) you probably will. Same goes for Caulker's agent. Unless a player says, "I want to go to X and my mind won't be swung", the agent can make hay. And even if the player does say something like that, you'll still get the shenanigans Swansea had with Ashley Williams. Agents are the biggest cancer in football. They add nothing apart from taking more and more money from our pockets (as fans/Sky subscribers) and putting in it their pockets and their clients' pockets.

Regarding this Sigthorsson chap, wasn't he likened to being the new Helguson? If so, that's good enough for me. Also, his career record seems to be 127 games, 47 goals. That seems pretty good, given two thirds of those appearances were for Ajax. Besides, if he's a big physical, bustling centre forward that will unsettles some of these fancy "Luiz-esque" centre halves now plying their trade in the Prem, all the better!

Finally, I think it's more important to sign someone who can do the same job as Austin rather than someone who is different. If we play any form of 4-2-3-1, 4-5-1 or 4-3-3, you only have one true CF. If Austin were to be injured (likely) or lose form, you need someone who can do that job. Having some little fast chap will leave us exposed. Signing "someone different" up front is a secondary consideration.

Of course, that analysis is based on us having actually devised a strategy on how we'll play this coming season and we're signing players accordingly. Don't laugh at the back!

It's the agent that's holding out for more money not the player??? Remind me who is paying the agent. Mark my words the player gives commission so it encourages the agent to negotiate more money for the player. Do you reckon that Remy really doesn't want more money, is it all down to his agent?

Don't blame agents for making money out of greedy player transfers. As for Ferdinand talking sense during the World Cup, he was just stating the obvious.
£5million fee agreed with Ajax for Kolbeinn Sigthorsson on 13:40 - Jul 14 with 9546 viewsSpiritofGregory

Even if we sign Rio, we still need another centre back. What ever happened to Donaldson?
£5million fee agreed with Ajax for Kolbeinn Sigthorsson on 13:41 - Jul 14 with 9538 viewsDANRANGER

£5million fee agreed with Ajax for Kolbeinn Sigthorsson on 13:12 - Jul 14 by Hunterhoop

agree with this.

From the clips I've seen of Sigthorsson he is not a strapping centre forward who is going to knock people about. However I do see him similar to Austin so at the right price could be a good signing. Technically good, great movement and a lot of his goals he gets across the first defender which is rare these days.
£5million fee agreed with Ajax for Kolbeinn Sigthorsson on 13:42 - Jul 14 with 9525 viewsSpiritofGregory

Ruud Van Nistelrooy
£5million fee agreed with Ajax for Kolbeinn Sigthorsson on 13:43 - Jul 14 with 9529 viewsheadhoops

Kolbeinn Sigthorsson has never played for Harry so its got to be a step forward from being linked with the same old, same old, Crouch, Defoe, ad infinitum.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024