Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
mauricio isla 09:46 - Jul 30 with 19999 viewsconnell10

Having med is what im hearing! Could be b.s just passing on!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

mauricio isla on 11:57 - Jul 30 with 2187 views08olesen

mauricio isla on 11:52 - Jul 30 by johnhoop

Agree totally that full backs aren't a priority and also concerned about the effect it may have on the much vaunted "Band of Brothers" mentality if a key member of that group in Danny Simpson is effectively marginalized for no good reason. It's a bit like buying Julio Cesar when we already had Rob Green.

I agree with what your saying, but at the same time band of brothers wont make a difference if we havnt got the quality to win games. Completely agree that Simpson should be no.1, but we cant have Harriman as back up vs the likes of Hazard and Sterling, he hasnt even played championship yet.
Obviously everyone would like minimal changes this year, but the bottom line is that if Harry doesnt think the squad is good enough, then i trust him and back any signings we get provided they are financially ok.

Poll: Who will the other play off

mauricio isla on 12:01 - Jul 30 with 2172 viewssimmo

mauricio isla on 11:55 - Jul 30 by daveB

I've no idea if this bloke is any good or not but if Redknapp wants him it must be for a reason. Harriman is never going to be our back up right back, he'll go out on loan again.

Maybe he is going to be a right wing back with Simpson as back up or play in central midfield. Who knows but I am sure we are looking at all areas of the team. I know it's fun to worry about it all but I'd wait and see what we end up with before getting angry about it all.

Agreed, and there's not much to suggest we are even signing this guy, but it raises a good and valid point about not treading the same path as last time by bringing in replacements for existing first team players, especially when those first team players are good characters that have up to now earnt the right to keep their place. I very much doubt we would be looking to make a high profile signing like Isla to then use him as cover on the off chance Simpson is unavailable.

Let's not find replacements for the key members of the team - Green, Onouha, Traore, Simpson, Barton, Faurlin, Phillips, Austin, etc. They deserve the chance to play, regardless of a 'bigger name' becoming available.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

mauricio isla on 12:02 - Jul 30 with 2159 viewsWestbourneR

I'd expect him to play centre mid not right back.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

mauricio isla on 12:21 - Jul 30 with 2085 viewsessextaxiboy

mauricio isla on 12:01 - Jul 30 by simmo

Agreed, and there's not much to suggest we are even signing this guy, but it raises a good and valid point about not treading the same path as last time by bringing in replacements for existing first team players, especially when those first team players are good characters that have up to now earnt the right to keep their place. I very much doubt we would be looking to make a high profile signing like Isla to then use him as cover on the off chance Simpson is unavailable.

Let's not find replacements for the key members of the team - Green, Onouha, Traore, Simpson, Barton, Faurlin, Phillips, Austin, etc. They deserve the chance to play, regardless of a 'bigger name' becoming available.

But what if 3 of those get injured for 2 months at the same time as happened last year?

Who do you have as cover ? Untried youth players with maybe Carling Cup against teams like Exeter behind them , ageing experienced players who will want decent money or players who can challenge the "first choice for the shirt " paying a fee and decent wages ?

We have to trust the manager IMO
mauricio isla on 12:23 - Jul 30 with 2075 viewsLoftusRdW12

I must say that before last night I was more worried about the left side than the right.

Having seen the proposed new system at first hand, I'm now more concerned about the right.

I thought Traore and Hoillet were excellent last night. I can't think of anything of note that came from the right hand side. I know Matty Phillips didn't play but I wouldn't be averse to this type of signing (isla).

Obviously its still early days, pre season. 1 on the right, 2 in the middle, 2 up top is the ideal target area for me (1 if remy stays, although unlikely imo). Having said that, we're a totally different prospect to what we were in 2011. Much more experience on and off the pitch. 3 quality signings could be enough in truth.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2014 12:26]

"I still don't know who scored our first and third goals. I'll have a look tonight." Neil Warnock

mauricio isla on 12:25 - Jul 30 with 2046 viewsDANRANGER

mauricio isla on 12:02 - Jul 30 by WestbourneR

I'd expect him to play centre mid not right back.

seeing him linked to Liverpool, Arsenal etc. so be surprised if he joined us. However if he has decided he wants to be a central midfielder then it may make sense that he would have to re-invent himself elsewhere.

Looked a very good attacking full back at the World Cup and agree with those stating we do not need to strengthen that area if we continue with 3 at the back. Nedum could do a defensive job there and Phillips as an attacking option. however the best option for wing back at the club is Joey Barton. Best crosser of the ball we have and obviously defensive minded.
mauricio isla on 12:30 - Jul 30 with 2023 viewssimmo

mauricio isla on 12:21 - Jul 30 by essextaxiboy

But what if 3 of those get injured for 2 months at the same time as happened last year?

Who do you have as cover ? Untried youth players with maybe Carling Cup against teams like Exeter behind them , ageing experienced players who will want decent money or players who can challenge the "first choice for the shirt " paying a fee and decent wages ?

We have to trust the manager IMO

What if the 3 first choice options were all out at the same time for any club, for any position? Why don't we get another keeper in, just incase Green, Cesar and Murphy are all out for 2 months and Lennox is on loan?

I am not saying don't give ourselves options, and I also think some additional options on the right hand side would be good considering we only have one decent and proven right sided RB/RWB in Simpson and I wouldnt trust SWP to sufficiently cover a birdcage with a top sheet. If we were talking about a decent back up option that would be brought in and be happy to be that, then fine. I am just very wary of signing people to play in our first team ahead of those that got us here. If that is being considered above the fact a 'name' has become available, then I don't have a problem with this type of signing.

mauricio isla on 12:34 - Jul 30 with 1993 viewsessextaxiboy

mauricio isla on 12:30 - Jul 30 by simmo

What if the 3 first choice options were all out at the same time for any club, for any position? Why don't we get another keeper in, just incase Green, Cesar and Murphy are all out for 2 months and Lennox is on loan?

I am not saying don't give ourselves options, and I also think some additional options on the right hand side would be good considering we only have one decent and proven right sided RB/RWB in Simpson and I wouldnt trust SWP to sufficiently cover a birdcage with a top sheet. If we were talking about a decent back up option that would be brought in and be happy to be that, then fine. I am just very wary of signing people to play in our first team ahead of those that got us here. If that is being considered above the fact a 'name' has become available, then I don't have a problem with this type of signing.

Well ....thats why you can get a keeper on emergency loan . Any other position and you have to go with what you have. So you have cover or take the results that follow .
Login to get fewer ads

mauricio isla on 12:38 - Jul 30 with 1969 viewsQPunkR

mauricio isla on 12:34 - Jul 30 by essextaxiboy

Well ....thats why you can get a keeper on emergency loan . Any other position and you have to go with what you have. So you have cover or take the results that follow .

We've got cover. We've got cover of cover too.
No need to go and spunk numerous millions on improving an area such as this when there's areas far more in need of attention and - dare I say it - new blood

QPR - "shit but local"

mauricio isla on 12:39 - Jul 30 with 1957 viewsA40Bosh

I don't see the correlation between the potential signing of a right back/midfielder automatically meaning we are not signing any strikers.

Its as if we expect the club to be doing purchases one by one in sequential order of importance starting with a forward - and the fact that we have not announced a striker first means we must not be looking for one.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

mauricio isla on 12:57 - Jul 30 with 1878 viewsTonto

I beleive we should be buying players that will get straight into the first XI (fitness permitting of course) in this new formation we are playing.

That means they should be better than what we have.

This guy also plays in midfield, but people are concentrating on him and Simpson being in competition for a place... do we know that?

besides, until Connell came up with this thread, had we even known he was on our radar? Thats not very 'Arry like... the Mirror would have known about it weeks ago if were true!

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

mauricio isla on 12:58 - Jul 30 with 1873 viewssimmo

mauricio isla on 12:57 - Jul 30 by Tonto

I beleive we should be buying players that will get straight into the first XI (fitness permitting of course) in this new formation we are playing.

That means they should be better than what we have.

This guy also plays in midfield, but people are concentrating on him and Simpson being in competition for a place... do we know that?

besides, until Connell came up with this thread, had we even known he was on our radar? Thats not very 'Arry like... the Mirror would have known about it weeks ago if were true!

He's been linked heavily to West Ham for the last few weeks.

mauricio isla on 13:08 - Jul 30 with 1834 viewsWestminsteRs

No idea if true but seems odd that we'd be in for a Juve right-back who had a very good World Cup.
mauricio isla on 13:13 - Jul 30 with 1802 viewsballbag

He's in Juve's matchday squad for today's game in Italy.

http://www.juventus.com/juve/en/news/juventus-squad-cesena-friendly
mauricio isla on 15:41 - Jul 30 with 1620 viewsloftus77

mauricio isla on 10:00 - Jul 30 by TacticalR

I thought this was one of those holiday destination threads.

My first thought exactly - is this somewhere south of Sardinia?
mauricio isla on 15:45 - Jul 30 with 1596 viewsDiscodroid

mauricio isla on 15:41 - Jul 30 by loftus77

My first thought exactly - is this somewhere south of Sardinia?

ive flicked through the rothman year book 2005/6 and cant find a thing about him.(marurico isla)

the dereliction of the qpr scouting team really gets my goat.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2014 15:46]

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

mauricio isla on 15:48 - Jul 30 with 1594 viewsBrianMcCarthy

mauricio isla on 13:13 - Jul 30 by ballbag

Where's his commitment to Rangers, then?!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

mauricio isla on 15:49 - Jul 30 with 1580 viewsrosseeles

mauricio isla on 13:13 - Jul 30 by ballbag

That was posted yesterday though.
mauricio isla on 15:52 - Jul 30 with 1566 viewsheadhoops

mauricio isla on 11:21 - Jul 30 by Northernr

Out of interest, is there a position on the field that you don't think we're "badly" in need of half a dozen new signings for?

we also need a third cat mascot.......

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

mauricio isla on 16:06 - Jul 30 with 1523 viewsJonDoeman

mauricio isla on 15:52 - Jul 30 by headhoops

And then we can give him the credit if we have a good season!

It Is What It Is !!

mauricio isla on 16:10 - Jul 30 with 1509 viewsrobith

hmm, I thought the consensus was that Onouha should never play RB? And people advocating SWP too! Wow.

I would say right back is an area we could do with cover for. We have Simpson and Harriman who seems to have become amazing in absentia but is an untested proposition. Moreover, RB cover means Simpson can deputise in the middle 3 in case of injury, or another tactical option if there's a more pacy, crossing option.

However, Simpson should be number one choice, and any signing should reflect that. Not a player we should be looking to replace, but support
mauricio isla on 16:23 - Jul 30 with 1451 viewssimmo

mauricio isla on 15:52 - Jul 30 by headhoops

mauricio isla on 16:35 - Jul 30 with 1414 viewsdaveB

just realised this is the ring wing back for Chile in the World Cup, miles better than SImpson I'm afraid, would be a coup to get him so doubt it will happen
mauricio isla on 16:55 - Jul 30 with 1377 viewsLoft1979

update?
mauricio isla on 17:02 - Jul 30 with 1347 viewsBklynRanger

I can understand people saying we need to be careful about buying for positions that are covered, but I don't think this is one of those situations.

There's nothing wrong with having Danny Simpson compete for his position.

Nedum isn't even a right back let alone a right wing back - I think he'd probably hate playing there even if he could.

On top of that this Isla guy seems to have a lot of quality and can play in 2 or 3 different positions. It's quite possible there would be games when DS is playing and Isla is in the middle. Versatility is bound to be an attraction for a squad like ours.

Finally, and vitally, I see that Isla started his career playing for Universidad Catolica. That's a team that plays in blue and white with, it could even be argued, one big fat hoop across the middle. In fact I use a Universidad Catolica scaraf as my QPR scarf - it's indistinguishable so that's, um, fate.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024