Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Deadline Day 03:24 - Sep 1 with 49963 viewsdubaistu

Here it goes, lazy hacks or accurate reporting?..... - Edit - I have added to the list as the day goes on

Aaron Lennon
Jermaine Defoe
Sandro
Jeremain Lens
Ivan Strinic
Kolbeinn Sigthorsson
M'Baye Niang
Peter Crouch
Niko Kranjkar
Fabio Borini
[Post edited 1 Sep 2014 12:36]
Deadline Day on 16:34 - Sep 1 with 2872 viewsraskolnikov

Deadline Day on 16:33 - Sep 1 by Hunterhoop

£6m is still hell of a gamble.

May as well said Bondy Bond to Vegas and hope he comes back with treble so we can splurge it on someone who has two working knees.

Lose a player to a knee injury, sign a player with a history of knee injuries. Wonderful.

Also, AGAIN, Borini...why? Why does anyone rate him? He's tidy, yes, but lots of footballers are tidy. Tony Thorpe was tidy. He wasn't worth £13m though. Take off the one and you're at about what his market rate should be.

Borini's Wiki page says he plays for QPR
Deadline Day on 16:42 - Sep 1 with 2701 viewsthemodfather

the rules of DEADLINE DAY....
section A, part iv
Harry must sign an ex=spurs player every "window", 3 or more is better
part v
every player who had played under Harry must be put on offer during a "window"

section C part i
QPR will add the most ludicrous "clauses" into any DEADLINE DAY contract

section Z part i
NO PARKING outside the ground on deadline day!
Deadline Day on 16:47 - Sep 1 with 2612 viewsNov77

so if we're after borini then defoe must be a no go, shame as I think him and austin would have been perfect together.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Deadline Day on 16:52 - Sep 1 with 2521 viewsrunningman75

I presume the last Italian forward we had was Dichio ( though born in west London !).
Deadline Day on 17:00 - Sep 1 with 2409 viewsbaz_qpr

Deadline Day on 15:09 - Sep 1 by robith

Slightly confused by the Diarra situation - didn't Lokomotiv bin him off? How can they now demand cash?

one would guess that there is obviously some legal dispute there would be interesting to see if we went in with 24 players because if he is legally unattached can be signed anytime
Deadline Day on 17:02 - Sep 1 with 2383 viewsMaggsinho

Deadline Day on 16:52 - Sep 1 by runningman75

I presume the last Italian forward we had was Dichio ( though born in west London !).

di Carmine?
Deadline Day on 17:02 - Sep 1 with 2372 viewsaston_hoop

Deadline Day on 17:02 - Sep 1 by Maggsinho

di Carmine?

Lets not forget Pellicori too. Actually, maybe we should.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Deadline Day on 17:07 - Sep 1 with 2300 viewsballbag

Reminds me.....whatever happened to Matteo Alberti?
Login to get fewer ads

Deadline Day on 17:09 - Sep 1 with 2267 viewsdaveB

Borini looked a decent player last year but not sure about him at that price
Deadline Day on 17:09 - Sep 1 with 2260 viewsjamois

Deadline Day on 17:02 - Sep 1 by aston_hoop

Lets not forget Pellicori too. Actually, maybe we should.

Pellicori actually scored for us in a league cup tie though. There's not many players who can say that. And 8 league appearances with no goals. What's the betting Borini smashes that particular record?

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Deadline Day on 17:10 - Sep 1 with 2265 viewspaulparker

if we are not looking at Townsend or Lennon anymore, how about a cheeky bid for Nathan Redmond from Norwich

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Deadline Day on 17:14 - Sep 1 with 2226 viewsWestminsteRs

Those two media prats in their players' tracksuits are doing a live 'Transfer Deadline Day special' broadcast. As if this day could not get more inane.

Why am I supposed to care about the tactical views of a couple of press officers who are paid by the club?

Can't wait to see a £20m Fabio Borini holding up that #TransferDeadlineDay scarf.
Deadline Day on 17:16 - Sep 1 with 2202 viewsSnipper

Deadline Day on 16:14 - Sep 1 by ballbag

Borini for HOW MUCH??

Right, fck this....I'm off.

That made me laugh 😀😀.
Deadline Day on 17:18 - Sep 1 with 2161 viewsadhoc_qpr

Deadline Day on 17:09 - Sep 1 by daveB

Borini looked a decent player last year but not sure about him at that price

McNulty from the BBC is reporting the fee as up to £13m including various add ons.

The fee seems to high, but i watch Sunderland a lot (my wife is a mackem) and Borini is good. He has a knack for scoring crucial goals and is incredibly hardworking to boot.
Deadline Day on 17:20 - Sep 1 with 2137 viewsdaveB

Deadline Day on 17:18 - Sep 1 by adhoc_qpr

McNulty from the BBC is reporting the fee as up to £13m including various add ons.

The fee seems to high, but i watch Sunderland a lot (my wife is a mackem) and Borini is good. He has a knack for scoring crucial goals and is incredibly hardworking to boot.

I'd ignore the fees being mentioned, for now, every media outlet seem to be saying a different figure
Deadline Day on 17:26 - Sep 1 with 2069 viewsHunterhoop

Deadline Day on 17:20 - Sep 1 by daveB

I'd ignore the fees being mentioned, for now, every media outlet seem to be saying a different figure

Whilst this is true, Dave, not one of them is quoting a fee that I would suggest is remotely sensible, ie. £5m or under. The bloke has made 80 odd appearances for Roma, Liverpool and Sunderland (not lacking in midfield supply) and he's scored 20 goals. For us, that would probably equate to 10....across 2 seasons.

Yes, I know I'm being flippant. In all seriousness, I know he works hard and is quite competent, it's just for the fees quoted we should/could be getting someone fantastic.
Deadline Day on 17:28 - Sep 1 with 2025 viewsJamie

Deadline Day on 17:26 - Sep 1 by Hunterhoop

Whilst this is true, Dave, not one of them is quoting a fee that I would suggest is remotely sensible, ie. £5m or under. The bloke has made 80 odd appearances for Roma, Liverpool and Sunderland (not lacking in midfield supply) and he's scored 20 goals. For us, that would probably equate to 10....across 2 seasons.

Yes, I know I'm being flippant. In all seriousness, I know he works hard and is quite competent, it's just for the fees quoted we should/could be getting someone fantastic.

7 goals for a relegation fodder side last season playing off Altidore & Wickham seems fair enough to me. Unfortunately if you want a striker these days, especially on deadline day you have to pay silly money.
Deadline Day on 17:29 - Sep 1 with 2021 viewssimmo

For as long as I have a hole in my arse, Fabio Borini is not worth anywhere close to double figures. I have no idea why, if we are even entertaining that kind of amount, we are not just paying the 12m Blackburn want for Rhodes and geting the best striker in the Championship.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Deadline Day on 17:34 - Sep 1 with 1954 viewsLoft1979

Deadline Day on 17:18 - Sep 1 by adhoc_qpr

good post...thanks
Deadline Day on 17:35 - Sep 1 with 1943 viewsDiscodroid

borini up to 13 million with add on's......

david cronenberg mind blowing.

rather have deeny.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2014 17:36]

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

Deadline Day on 17:37 - Sep 1 with 1913 viewskysersosaqpr

What about those leaving? Any news about SWP, taraabt, or Dunne going offski? Not heard sweet fa on ssn or talkiesportie?

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Deadline Day on 17:39 - Sep 1 with 1893 viewsstansleftfoot

Brendon Rogers signed him for Liverpool for " fees around £11 million" we are signing him for fee's that could amount to something similar, plus the deadline day add-on....he'll finally arrive for "fee undisclosed"
His value or ROI will go up and down with every goal he makes and scores...he's a lively player, does a lot more work outside the box than Defoe, and does score goals in the box and from outside.
If Defoe could pair up with Austin so can this 22/23 yo can as well.
Rogers coached him at Chelsea, took him to Swansea and then Liverpool....only the dazzling gem that is Raheem Sterling has forced him to sell him....imo! Encouraging, a test for our coaching set-up to see whether we can keep up with the "meticulously professional" Brendan Rogers....
Deadline Day on 17:41 - Sep 1 with 1872 viewsdaveB

i do agree but the fees for Mccmormack and co have made the market go berserk. I still think we'll end up with Defoe instead, I'd rather Borini personally.

I think Borini has gone for 10 million twice now and it was 13 million when he was going to Sunderland really so not going to get him for 5 million.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2014 17:47]
Deadline Day on 17:42 - Sep 1 with 1854 viewsNov77

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Deadline Day on 17:42 - Sep 1 with 1851 viewskysersosaqpr

Spuds just signed midfielder. Sandra and Lennon on way. Lennon - just another SWP!!

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024