Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
SCOTLAND 02:12 - Sep 18 with 10944 viewsSonofNorfolt

BTW

NOOOOOOOOOOOO.

SCOTLAND on 10:01 - Sep 19 with 1969 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I haven't commented on this too much, as I have no frame of reference. I just don't know many Scottish people and have only spent one day there. Nor was I even able to form a firm opinion on the matter. I've just found it very interesting.

It's odd that my reaction this morning is a vague sadness. This has, in all likelihood, more to do with some semi-genetic (albeit pacifist) republicanism in me, I suspect. Still, I can't help feeling for the Scots like I did for my niece when I saw her all dressed up for her Prom and the poor thing got stood up.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

SCOTLAND on 10:01 - Sep 19 with 1969 viewsPhilmyRs

I think the election has left a bad taste.

The arguments (although fully justified), were very much about the risks of going it alone. I would have preferred more of the Brown type speeches, one that echoes all the positives of being part of the UK and how we’re much better together. Instead you get the feeling the Scots only said ‘No’ because they’re scared of the shortfall in their pensions and whether prices in the local supermarkets will go up. From the outside looking in, you didn’t get the impression there was much pride in being part of the 300 year old United Kingdom. I don’t know if that’s because of fear of saying so because of the vocal ‘Yes’ camp or because beyond the security that it offers, there’s no love for the UK.
There seems a perception in Scotland that all the people of the South of England earn a sh*t load of money, live in mansions and would vote Tory or UKIP at every opportunity, whilst the hardworking Scots are paying for this and not getting the Party or financial rewards they deserve. Way off the mark. In the end this election is going to lead to fundamental change for all the home nations, it will be interesting to see what impact it will have. A ‘Divided Kingdom’ would probably be more appropriate, but at least we’ve still got the best flag in the world for a few more years.
SCOTLAND on 11:32 - Sep 19 with 1884 viewsessextaxiboy

Cameron has played a blinder IMO or am I missing something ?

He goes up there knowing that they dont like him asking them to vote No . If they voted Yes , he may lose his job but probably not and the Torys get elected in England for ever .

Then he promises lots more powers (and got the others to sign up too) if they vote NO knowing that the same deal would have to be offered to England , So if Labour won the election they would have to win by more than 50 odd to get anything through without the Scottish MPs and the government would collapse .

Torys win both ways and he looks like he was desperate to put his country first, all be it a bit late on the scene . He even put the timetable in place to get it into law before the election .
SCOTLAND on 11:38 - Sep 19 with 1875 viewsA40Bosh

SCOTLAND on 10:01 - Sep 19 by BrianMcCarthy

I haven't commented on this too much, as I have no frame of reference. I just don't know many Scottish people and have only spent one day there. Nor was I even able to form a firm opinion on the matter. I've just found it very interesting.

It's odd that my reaction this morning is a vague sadness. This has, in all likelihood, more to do with some semi-genetic (albeit pacifist) republicanism in me, I suspect. Still, I can't help feeling for the Scots like I did for my niece when I saw her all dressed up for her Prom and the poor thing got stood up.

Watching the prelims last night my eldest (15) said that if it was a YES vote then surely the people of Northern Ireland would then want to have a referendum as well.

My response was simply

"Love, don't even go there!,"

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

SCOTLAND on 12:41 - Sep 19 with 1803 viewskomradkirk

SCOTLAND on 11:38 - Sep 19 by A40Bosh

Watching the prelims last night my eldest (15) said that if it was a YES vote then surely the people of Northern Ireland would then want to have a referendum as well.

My response was simply

"Love, don't even go there!,"

LOL where the dead rise from the grave to exercise their democratic right.
SCOTLAND on 12:49 - Sep 19 with 1789 viewsBrianMcCarthy

http://waterfordwhispersnews.com/2014/09/19/55-of-scottish-people-suffering-from

SCOTLAND on 12:53 - Sep 19 with 1783 viewsalhoopy

SCOTLAND on 12:49 - Sep 19 by BrianMcCarthy

http://waterfordwhispersnews.com/2014/09/19/55-of-scottish-people-suffering-from

http://www.ianpaisley.org/article.asp?ArtKey=mentality
SCOTLAND on 13:03 - Sep 19 with 1755 viewsBrianMcCarthy

SCOTLAND on 12:53 - Sep 19 by alhoopy

http://www.ianpaisley.org/article.asp?ArtKey=mentality

alhoopy, it's a light-hearted link that I saw on fb and I thought might amuse! Apologies if it offended in any way.

No need for the down arrow and the link to a serious site about Irish 'deceit'. I will read that by the way. From the first paragraph it already looks interesting.

Login to get fewer ads

SCOTLAND on 14:32 - Sep 19 with 1647 viewslondonscottish

SCOTLAND on 12:49 - Sep 19 by BrianMcCarthy

Well I though that was hilarious and sent to two of my colleagues living in Scotland

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

SCOTLAND on 14:39 - Sep 19 with 1620 viewstimcocking

Kilts, lmfao

Can you imagine how the Scots would take the pish if it was the English who had to where them?
SCOTLAND on 14:47 - Sep 19 with 1618 viewslondonscottish

SCOTLAND on 14:39 - Sep 19 by timcocking

Kilts, lmfao

Can you imagine how the Scots would take the pish if it was the English who had to where them?

More that morris dancing. ATAF.

SCOTLAND on 14:54 - Sep 19 with 1605 viewsAunt_Nelly

IT'S THE BRUN WOT WON IT!

[Post edited 19 Sep 2014 14:56]
SCOTLAND on 16:20 - Sep 19 with 1516 viewslondonscottish

Salmond the rabble rousing sleazebag has left the building.

SCOTLAND on 16:27 - Sep 19 with 1507 viewsdaveB

Always thought Brown was a bit of an idiot but he played a blinder in this
SCOTLAND on 16:36 - Sep 19 with 1501 viewsAunt_Nelly

SCOTLAND on 16:20 - Sep 19 by londonscottish

Salmond the rabble rousing sleazebag has left the building.

First decent thing he's done.
SCOTLAND on 19:11 - Sep 19 with 1404 viewsessextaxiboy

Both groups gathering in that George Square .

My intuition as a football fan tells me its going to kick off their tonight
SCOTLAND on 19:22 - Sep 19 with 1394 viewsHollowayRanger

SCOTLAND on 19:11 - Sep 19 by essextaxiboy

yep plenty of union flags out in force,and the yes bully boys have been drowning their sorry all day in the pubs

what could possible go wrong!

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

SCOTLAND on 19:24 - Sep 19 with 1391 viewsNortholt_Rs

Gutted. Thought we'd got shot of the sweatys.....

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

SCOTLAND on 20:03 - Sep 19 with 1362 viewsDoughnut

Now that Salmond's gone..I think Gordon should be new king of Scotland. He does have some form.
SCOTLAND on 00:53 - Sep 20 with 1244 viewskarl

SCOTLAND on 19:11 - Sep 19 by essextaxiboy

Your gut instinct as a football fan should tell you they're football fans.
Only Glasgow Rangers fans carry the Union Flag and sing Rule Brittania in large numbers in Scotland, this will become Celtic vs Rangers before you know it. Scotland's shame the pair of them
SCOTLAND on 10:45 - Feb 23 with 730 viewsToast_R

Is Sturgeon going to be forced to resign?

The SNP are alleged to covering up evidence which suggets the party is embroiled in corruption and a top level conspiracy to frame and put former leader Alex Salmond behind bars. A sh*tstorm is breeing north of the borrrder.
[Post edited 23 Feb 2021 10:47]
SCOTLAND on 11:12 - Feb 23 with 636 viewsMetallica_Hoop

SCOTLAND on 10:45 - Feb 23 by Toast_R

The SNP are alleged to covering up evidence which suggets the party is embroiled in corruption and a top level conspiracy to frame and put former leader Alex Salmond behind bars. A sh*tstorm is breeing north of the borrrder.

Sort of connected.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

SCOTLAND on 14:21 - Feb 23 with 437 viewskarl

SCOTLAND on 10:45 - Feb 23 by Toast_R

It's typical corruption of a party in power too long and no credible opposition.
They are a shambles at the moment but Lib Dems and Labour are worse in terms of being viable party.
Tories have a semblance of organisation but jesus christ we surely can't just have the choice of those two?

Labour should get back to basics by keeping any decent Scottish politicians in Scotland and re building a network of good local MPs/MSPs around the whole UK and they'll soon get a foothold in the country.
And for me a decent politician can be pro independence or union, it shouldn't be split on party lines as it allows a nationalist movement to gather momentum instead of proper discussion and evaluation of the situation.
I've a feeling this should be the end of Sturgeon but admit I'm not 100% up on the details
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024