Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Time to drop Rio 14:46 - Sep 20 with 6796 viewsHooparoo

Got several texts from mates watching the game saying "What the hell is Rio doing?"

Too slow so bye bye Rio.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Time to drop Rio on 14:49 - Sep 20 with 3123 viewsBklynRanger

He was statuesque today, but not in a good way.
Time to drop Rio on 14:51 - Sep 20 with 3111 viewsTHEBUSH

He's too busy telling others what to do, when he needs to concentrate on his own game, as he cost us today.
Time to drop Rio on 14:51 - Sep 20 with 3108 viewsHooparoo

Because he's so slow, we're sitting too deep which stretches our midfield. Caulker and Ned for me - pace and height which means we can play a higher line.

Time to drop Rio on 14:52 - Sep 20 with 3102 viewsfakekerby

He was embarrassing today
Time to drop Rio on 14:53 - Sep 20 with 3090 viewsQPRMUSO

Not seen anything good from him yet, Chief should be on instead of him.
Time to drop Rio on 15:03 - Sep 20 with 3038 viewsHayesender

He needs to be dropped asap, but we all know that's not gonna happen

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Time to drop Rio on 15:09 - Sep 20 with 3005 viewsHunterhoop

How Onouha isn't in this team is a mystery. Better than both Caulker and Rio based on their performances so far. Quicker and stronger.
Time to drop Rio on 15:19 - Sep 20 with 2974 viewsBklynRanger

It's all very well being a role model and a great trainer, vastly experienced and all the rest of it, but if you can't do it on the pitch any more none of that really matters.
Login to get fewer ads

Time to drop Rio on 15:20 - Sep 20 with 2969 viewsHooparoo

Time to drop Rio on 15:19 - Sep 20 by BklynRanger

It's all very well being a role model and a great trainer, vastly experienced and all the rest of it, but if you can't do it on the pitch any more none of that really matters.

Spot on.

Time to drop Rio on 15:26 - Sep 20 with 2930 viewsMelakaRanger

Just like the lady Man U reject we took on . Well past it and dragging the team down
Time to drop Rio on 15:32 - Sep 20 with 2906 viewsNov77

Nedum needs to start instead of rio or Isla next game.

Harry won't drop rio though, he'd have to admit he got it wrong.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Time to drop Rio on 15:34 - Sep 20 with 2895 viewsBushman

He's got medals.........and stuff.

I know almost nothing about the Premier League even though I try to catch the big games every now and then at the end of the season. But I will say this, Queens Park Rangers is just a fukking sick ass team name. Just sounds so cool.

Time to drop Rio on 15:34 - Sep 20 with 2894 viewsHarbour

he was bad today and at fault for the first goal,,,he keeps getting out muscled and slow...
Time to drop Rio on 15:35 - Sep 20 with 2892 viewsgobbles

I disagree totally, one of the few defenders who can actually both read a game and pass a ball.
Time to drop Rio on 15:38 - Sep 20 with 2878 viewsNov77

Time to drop Rio on 15:34 - Sep 20 by Harbour

he was bad today and at fault for the first goal,,,he keeps getting out muscled and slow...

At fault for second too, didn't close crouch down.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Time to drop Rio on 15:44 - Sep 20 with 2853 viewsQPR_ARG

I'm not a big fan of Rio, but I didn't think he was as bad as most here are painting it.

At fault in 1st goal? For what? For not being 3 meters tall and beat Peter Crouch in the air? Crouch was holding Rio's shoulders just before nodding it.

More of the guilt there lied on Caulker (who I really really like). But he ran back at speed and he put Diouf on side. If not, the flag would have gone up.

The only one to be charged with the second goal is Isla. Tried a back-heel in an awful place.

To me he was the worse QPR player today. Not Rio.
Time to drop Rio on 15:44 - Sep 20 with 2849 viewsHollowayRanger

Time to drop Rio on 15:35 - Sep 20 by gobbles

I disagree totally, one of the few defenders who can actually both read a game and pass a ball.

yes is a class act on the ball,but is weak rio needs to understand he doenst get decisions now he's not wearing a man utd shirt ,now he HAS to fight for the ball

thought crouch murdered him for first goal and lost him totally for 2nd

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Time to drop Rio on 15:48 - Sep 20 with 2831 viewsgobbles

Time to drop Rio on 15:38 - Sep 20 by Nov77

At fault for second too, didn't close crouch down.

I haven't seen replays, but the second goal seemed a combination of Isla and Henry giving the ball away just outside out area, the first goal Green gave absolutely no help to the defence for a floating cross that should not have been allowed to have been put across in the first place.
Time to drop Rio on 15:51 - Sep 20 with 2816 viewsBklynRanger

Time to drop Rio on 15:44 - Sep 20 by QPR_ARG

I'm not a big fan of Rio, but I didn't think he was as bad as most here are painting it.

At fault in 1st goal? For what? For not being 3 meters tall and beat Peter Crouch in the air? Crouch was holding Rio's shoulders just before nodding it.

More of the guilt there lied on Caulker (who I really really like). But he ran back at speed and he put Diouf on side. If not, the flag would have gone up.

The only one to be charged with the second goal is Isla. Tried a back-heel in an awful place.

To me he was the worse QPR player today. Not Rio.

But if Crouch was fowling him why wasn't he making that very clear through his body language? He just seemed to let him do it without making an fuss at all, before, during or after. I'd be interested to know if that's what people in the stands saw too.
Time to drop Rio on 15:51 - Sep 20 with 2816 viewsNov77

Time to drop Rio on 15:48 - Sep 20 by gobbles

I haven't seen replays, but the second goal seemed a combination of Isla and Henry giving the ball away just outside out area, the first goal Green gave absolutely no help to the defence for a floating cross that should not have been allowed to have been put across in the first place.

the fact that isla lost the ball doesnt hide the fact that rio didnt bother closing crouch down. he just stood ball watching as crouch made space for himself.

Time to drop Rio on 15:55 - Sep 20 with 2797 viewsQPR_ARG

Time to drop Rio on 15:51 - Sep 20 by BklynRanger

But if Crouch was fowling him why wasn't he making that very clear through his body language? He just seemed to let him do it without making an fuss at all, before, during or after. I'd be interested to know if that's what people in the stands saw too.

Are you suggesting he cheats and goes down after feeling the contact?

I saw Crouch was leaning on him and putting his hands on both of Rio's shoulders. Whether that's a foul, it's pretty much depending on what the ref thinks.

The ref could have not given anything regardless of Rio's body language.
Time to drop Rio on 15:59 - Sep 20 with 2769 viewsBklynRanger

Time to drop Rio on 15:55 - Sep 20 by QPR_ARG

Are you suggesting he cheats and goes down after feeling the contact?

I saw Crouch was leaning on him and putting his hands on both of Rio's shoulders. Whether that's a foul, it's pretty much depending on what the ref thinks.

The ref could have not given anything regardless of Rio's body language.

I'm 'suggesting' that he makes it vigorously clear to the ref that he's being impeded. He obviously doesn't have to go down to do that.
Time to drop Rio on 16:02 - Sep 20 with 2752 viewsQPR_ARG

Time to drop Rio on 15:59 - Sep 20 by BklynRanger

I'm 'suggesting' that he makes it vigorously clear to the ref that he's being impeded. He obviously doesn't have to go down to do that.

Gotcha. I was just asking.

There were other players more at fault than Rio in that goal. Isla for allowing the cross to come and Caulker for getting Diouf on side.

I mean...it wasn't a blunder by Rio (like Hull's goal for example). And it wasn't like Agbonlahor or Aguero beat him in the air. It was Crouch!
Time to drop Rio on 16:09 - Sep 20 with 2724 viewsgobbles

Time to drop Rio on 15:51 - Sep 20 by Nov77

the fact that isla lost the ball doesnt hide the fact that rio didnt bother closing crouch down. he just stood ball watching as crouch made space for himself.

Didn't bother??? That's ridiculous.

We were caught totally square at the back and the whole defence was on its heals and scrambling to cover. Crouch just did well to pull back and hit it first time.
Time to drop Rio on 16:22 - Sep 20 with 2676 viewsjamois

I say we should play 3 at the back. That will solve everything. It's why we practised it all pre-season and sold
simpson. Right?

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024