Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tony Fernandes 10:15 - Sep 21 with 7818 viewsHayesender

For me he has been a complete and utter failure as owner/chairman since he's been here.
From the moment he walked in and spunked a shed load of money on players like Anton Ferdinand and SWP, to then hiring Hughes and again spunking a shed load more on more wastes of spaces and then letting Redknapp do the same.
We were promoted more by luck than judgment last season and we kept hearing how we were gonna do it right this time, only for Fernandes again give in to demands in letting Redknapp sign an obviously past it Rio Ferdinand.
Warren farm, cargiant, ffp fines etc etc, this list of f#$k ups since TF has been here is endless.
Surely I can't be the only one sick of the sight of this man

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Tony Fernandes on 10:29 - Sep 21 with 3664 viewsJamie

Don't worry you aren't the only one.

Top retweeter though.
Tony Fernandes on 10:36 - Sep 21 with 3644 viewsandygg

I like him.
Tony Fernandes on 10:38 - Sep 21 with 3628 viewsLOTR

Tony Fernandes on 10:29 - Sep 21 by Jamie

Top retweeter though.

I don't post often, but i felt i needed to say something to respond to the ludicrous nature of this thread.

How on earth can you have a pop at Fernandes when most of us can still remember the days of Thompson, the most unpopular man in football and someone i despise to this day. You're having a go at Fernandes for putting money into the club? Would you prefer him to asset strip like some chairmans have done at other clubs. You've had a go at hiring and firing managers, would you prefer him to have kept Hughes? You've had a go at him QPR being promoted(at the first time of asking) due to luck.

I don't understand some of the "logic" espoused by some on here.
Tony Fernandes on 10:46 - Sep 21 with 3605 viewsGloucs_R

Top retweeter though.

Who did you used to post as? Want you banished from various boards?

Poll: Are we staying up?

Tony Fernandes on 10:46 - Sep 21 with 3605 viewsGloucs_R

Top retweeter though.

Who did you used to post as? Wasn't you banished from various boards?

Tony Fernandes on 10:49 - Sep 21 with 3590 viewsdaveB

Fernandes is better than the previous few owners we've had, he's made mistakes and still makes some mistakes but he's done good things as well.
Tony Fernandes on 10:54 - Sep 21 with 3564 viewsDiscodroids

i remember richard thompson, the nosferatu of loftus road.

made mr barlow in 'salem's lot ' look like a warm human being.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Tony Fernandes on 10:56 - Sep 21 with 3550 viewsclassof93

Tony Fernandes on 10:49 - Sep 21 by daveB

Fernandes is better than the previous few owners we've had, he's made mistakes and still makes some mistakes but he's done good things as well.

What good things? And you can't say spending money!
Login to get fewer ads

Tony Fernandes on 10:57 - Sep 21 with 3543 viewsGloucs_R

I can to rip apart every chairman we have had. You can't keep everyone happy

Tony Fernandes on 10:59 - Sep 21 with 3533 viewsloftboy

Owners should be like Victorian children " seen but not heard" too many are falling into the celebrity trap and Tony is one of them, his heart is in the right place but I wish he would let someone like Amit run the show, I reckon we would come across as a lot more professional.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Tony Fernandes on 11:03 - Sep 21 with 3516 viewsJamie

Tony Fernandes on 10:46 - Sep 21 by Gloucs_R

Who did you used to post as? Wasn't you banished from various boards?

Nah, feel free to PM Norf though if you are worried
Tony Fernandes on 11:04 - Sep 21 with 3511 viewsMancR

What a pathetic opening post.
Football is an unbelievably dog eat dog competitive business and it appears to me TF has done everything possible to make ours a successful club with a future.
Mistakes have been made and have cost him a fortune. Not us.
He has supported managers, appears to be open and honest with fans and has not walked away leaving us in the complete crap.
Give the guy a break
Tony Fernandes on 11:08 - Sep 21 with 3482 viewsQPRDave

Course if had won yesterday this thread wouldn't be here......Until the next time we lost.
As for the ffp bit, anyone who blames TF for that or thinks its a just ruling really needs to have a sit down and think...... how can it not be right for owners to put money into a business??
Tony Fernandes on 11:16 - Sep 21 with 3449 viewsHayesender

Tony Fernandes on 11:04 - Sep 21 by MancR

What a pathetic opening post.
Football is an unbelievably dog eat dog competitive business and it appears to me TF has done everything possible to make ours a successful club with a future.
Mistakes have been made and have cost him a fortune. Not us.
He has supported managers, appears to be open and honest with fans and has not walked away leaving us in the complete crap.
Give the guy a break

Not pathetic at all.

What I find pathetic is grown men singing the name of a multi - millionaire like he's some kind of hero, when the reality is he is all hot air and bulls@$t

Tony Fernandes on 11:17 - Sep 21 with 3443 viewsJamie

Tony Fernandes on 11:08 - Sep 21 by QPRDave

Course if had won yesterday this thread wouldn't be here......Until the next time we lost.
As for the ffp bit, anyone who blames TF for that or thinks its a just ruling really needs to have a sit down and think...... how can it not be right for owners to put money into a business??

You realise TF has openly stated his support for FFP?
Tony Fernandes on 11:18 - Sep 21 with 3443 viewsHayesender

And yes, I have woken up in a mood with a rotten hangover.

Dan you Somerset cider selection

Tony Fernandes on 11:19 - Sep 21 with 3438 viewsthehat

Under Tony Fernandes leadership I had my best day ever supporting Rangers and one that will never be beaten. Yes he has made mistakes and admits to them but he has not run away and put the club into administration (Chris Wright) he has taken it on the chin and is still here backing his manager.

We are much better off with Tony at the helm believe me I'm sure Coventry, Leeds, Charlton, Sheffield Wednesday and United etc etc would love a chairman like him.....
Tony Fernandes on 11:21 - Sep 21 with 3428 viewsLblock

Hate to say it but just when does a catalogue of mistakes make you clueless or useless?
If there is a limit then the Bungle Brothers must surely be well past it by now

Yes Tony's a very affable man, he's CURRENTLY wasting his money and he's giving the club worldwide coverage
However for me the cock ups are continuous and he's looking more like a clown with every turn. The last nail in his sensibility coffin for me was confirming Redknapp has a new contract offer and saying he loves him because "he's got some great stories to tell me" and that he "is great company". How about progressive football ideas? Confidence in his coaching? Ability to plan and take the club forward? A canny transfer policy and focus on developing our own?

If Paladini was chucking these millions around with the same farcical results there'd BWA riot and rightly so

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Tony Fernandes on 11:23 - Sep 21 with 3420 viewsbosh67

Up against it because there is a witch hunt by the powers that be on QPR. They are determined for some reason to get us. I like Tony, I think his job is tough and I think the main problem is that he has a lot of business people around him to advise but not a lot of football people around him to advise.

Football is a unique business but there are boards that seem to know how to get the best out of everything even when their team is decimated - just take a look at Southampton. New ground, clever managers, clever players, good scout system, good academy. Very tightly run. They do their homework future thinking who and how to get the most out of the product.

The basic problem here is there seems to be a reluctance to have the patience to get the product right. The manager, the staff, the players, the system, the academy - the lungs, brain and heart of the overall product. If you don't kick everything else into touch and get the actual product right, a team playing attractive football, tactically sound, attacking, entertaining, exciting, total understanding and commitment to what QPR football is about then the ambitions are really hard to achieve.

It's simple. If you don't get the product right however you package and aim to take it further, it's always going to come unstuck.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Tony Fernandes on 11:25 - Sep 21 with 3406 viewsdaveB

Tony Fernandes on 11:17 - Sep 21 by Jamie

You realise TF has openly stated his support for FFP?

in principle he has supported it but he has said clubs should get more time to adapt after relegation.
Tony Fernandes on 11:34 - Sep 21 with 3377 viewsNW5Hoop

Tony Fernandes on 11:23 - Sep 21 by bosh67

Up against it because there is a witch hunt by the powers that be on QPR. They are determined for some reason to get us. I like Tony, I think his job is tough and I think the main problem is that he has a lot of business people around him to advise but not a lot of football people around him to advise.

Football is a unique business but there are boards that seem to know how to get the best out of everything even when their team is decimated - just take a look at Southampton. New ground, clever managers, clever players, good scout system, good academy. Very tightly run. They do their homework future thinking who and how to get the most out of the product.

The basic problem here is there seems to be a reluctance to have the patience to get the product right. The manager, the staff, the players, the system, the academy - the lungs, brain and heart of the overall product. If you don't kick everything else into touch and get the actual product right, a team playing attractive football, tactically sound, attacking, entertaining, exciting, total understanding and commitment to what QPR football is about then the ambitions are really hard to achieve.

It's simple. If you don't get the product right however you package and aim to take it further, it's always going to come unstuck.

There's no witch hunt. The club just keep's f*cking up, like it has for years.
Tony Fernandes on 11:40 - Sep 21 with 3357 viewsTHEBUSH

Tony Fernandes on 10:56 - Sep 21 by classof93

What good things? And you can't say spending money!

What world are you living in, everybody has to spend money and without lots, we'd be in the sh*t
Tony Fernandes on 11:41 - Sep 21 with 3355 viewsbosh67

Tony Fernandes on 11:34 - Sep 21 by NW5Hoop

The FA and the Football League have been trying to retrospectively impose fines and punishments on us for years. We do something, they then change the rules or bring in rules and then try and gain money out of us for our actions ahead of new rules and rule changes. It's why they have never been able to turn us over properly. Even their lawyers struggled to get anything on us. The fair play thing is no different.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Tony Fernandes on 11:46 - Sep 21 with 3333 viewsPunteR

As a person he seems a nice bloke but as a chairman of our club in not convinced he's doing things right.
Anything you build you build from the ground up and I just feel he hasn't got the foundations right so will always and I mean ALWAYS struggle. Its his money not mine I just hope QPR gets through this era intact.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Tony Fernandes on 11:55 - Sep 21 with 3303 viewsShotKneesHoop

Tony Fernandes on 11:34 - Sep 21 by NW5Hoop

It's what we do well, and I wouldn't recognise QPR if they didn't keep fxcking things up.

They've been doing it since 1961 when I started supporting them and that's why I still support them.

What's the point of supporting a club that has everything going for them? Bloody boring.

Doesn't mean I still don't want SWP to foook orf and 'Arry to become a deckchair attendant on Brighton Pier.
[Post edited 21 Sep 2014 11:56]

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024