Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ashes Thread 14:45 - Jul 6 with 54609 viewstoboboly

Starts Wednesday, can't wait. Fearful but quietly optimistic that we can take the urn back. Would be happy to go into the final test drawn tbh. Anyway here's something to get the juices flowing;

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Ashes Thread on 16:40 - Jul 19 with 2375 viewsted_hendrix

Ashes Thread on 16:02 - Jul 19 by Hunterhoop

Moeen is very weak against the short ball. Can't bump him up to the top order against this attack and a new ball.

Drop Lyth, get Compton back in - best technical too order player around
Drop Balance - get James Taylor in - pedigree over several seasons and showed he has the gonads to stand up to this attack given how he batted (at 3) down under in the ODI series (on quicker wickets)
Bell gets one more Test, then Bairstow deserves another chance. He's in great form and Morgan is not.
I want to see Finn back too. He's in good form for Middx and reportedly bowled very sharply in his last outing. I think he's quicker and gets more bounce than Wood. Harsh because Wood has bowled quite well...the issue in this Test with our bowling is how dreadful Jimmy has been.

I don't know if anything you suggested would work, we're currently 101 for 9 I mean dear me that's either down to incredibly poor batting or just plain good fielding and bowling from the Aussies.
I don't have Sky any more so I cant watch it thank fck, but some credit surely must go to the Australian team? from a first test defeat they've gone about their business in the proper way and have tonked us.
Gonna be tough getting back into the ashes now.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Ashes Thread on 16:41 - Jul 19 with 2366 viewsDiscodroids

id like to thank the england cricket team for their efforts today by leaving my 3lb log of sweetmeat , unflushed in the pan, as a testament to their bravery and unquestionable spirit.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Ashes Thread on 16:42 - Jul 19 with 2362 viewsCamberleyR

The way this test has gone has shades of 1997 where we thrashed them in the first test at Edgbaston and everybody thought we were world beaters again.

After a fortunate rain affected draw at Lord's (skittled for 77 first dig) we soon got brought back down to earth with two thumping defeats by 250+ runs and another by an innings in the next three.

I think the same thing might happen again.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Ashes Thread on 16:51 - Jul 19 with 2336 viewsjonno

The Aussies now know, if they didn't before, that very few of the current English batsmen fancy it against short pitched fast bowling, and also struggle against pacy full pitched deliveries. England's problem now is that unless pitches are prepared to assist their bowlers they simply cannot bowl Australia out - they have taken just 10 of the 20 Aussie wickets in this game in almost 200 overs. Unfortunately if the conditions and pitch suit the English bowlers the Aussie bowlers will make even better use of them as their bowlers are clearly superior. We have been totally outclassed and humiliated in this game. So much for the "new" England!
Ashes Thread on 16:57 - Jul 19 with 2322 viewstoboboly

Gutless.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Ashes Thread on 17:01 - Jul 19 with 2308 viewsCamberleyR

Truly dreadful, pathetic performance. They scored nearly twice as many as us and lost half the number of wickets on the same pitch.

Shape of things to come when Jimmy finally hangs up his boots in a couple of years?

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Ashes Thread on 17:17 - Jul 19 with 2281 viewsDiscodroids

i for one would ilke to see lyth and balance an extended run in the side. if the selectors for some crazy reason should ecshew this option, they could do a lot worse than look again at bill athey, lord hawke and sachin tenduklar who have also played for yorkshire.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Ashes Thread on 17:22 - Jul 19 with 2275 viewsRangersw12

Poor performance but wasn't helped by the pitch which played into Aussies hands

They have always been flat track bullies and have always been poor against the moving ball

Produce a green seamer which gives a chance and doesn't overly rely on winning the toss
Login to get fewer ads

Ashes Thread on 17:47 - Jul 19 with 2233 viewspaulparker

surely we need to bring in Morgan & Finn to the team
drop Lyth and Wood and push Root to number 3

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Ashes Thread on 17:49 - Jul 19 with 2215 viewsjohnhoop

I couldn't face watching it live as I had a premonition that a classic English collapse was coming but even so, when I looked at the BBC live feed around five o'clock I was expecting they might be four or five down at most. To find it was already over was truly appalling.. I thought before the series started it might be an Aussie whitewash and was very pleasantly amazed when we won the first one.
The only tactic now for an English cricket lover is to pretend it isn't happening which will be made a lot easier by being out of the country for the next test and a half. I've had enough sporting humiliation to endure from Rangers over the last four years to last me what's left of my lifetime without more of it to sit through from that spineless shower of sh-te.
Ashes Thread on 18:10 - Jul 19 with 2183 viewsjonno

Ashes Thread on 17:22 - Jul 19 by Rangersw12

Poor performance but wasn't helped by the pitch which played into Aussies hands

They have always been flat track bullies and have always been poor against the moving ball

Produce a green seamer which gives a chance and doesn't overly rely on winning the toss

If it was a flat pitch (and it was) then the fact that we were 30 for 4 in the first innings and all out for 103 on it in the second makes you wonder how the hell we are going to bat if the ball is moving about. Irrespective of the conditions it's difficult not to think the Aussies will make better use of them than we will.
Ashes Thread on 18:17 - Jul 19 with 2169 viewsdaveB

England were poor in this test same as Aussies were poor in the first. I'd stick with the same side and start again in the 3rd test.
Ashes Thread on 18:33 - Jul 19 with 2145 viewsDiscodroids

Ashes Thread on 18:17 - Jul 19 by daveB

England were poor in this test same as Aussies were poor in the first. I'd stick with the same side and start again in the 3rd test.

classic dave b !!, no offence dave but i did have a chuckle...we must be the ying and yang of the board..your cool head and my rants .

Ashes Thread on 19:02 - Jul 19 with 2103 viewsFearless

At least I got paid to watch that
!

The exact opposite of going to QPR
Ashes Thread on 19:09 - Jul 19 with 2074 viewsAgedR

Abject.

But, as we try and build a team we'll have test matches like this.

I'm not a great fan of Lyth or Ballance and Bell has never really been world class. However, there really are no other cabs in the rank. Taylor (hasn't made a run all season), Bairstow (already been sorted out for pace, Johnson and Starc will be licking their lips).

Also the bowling is as good as we've got - I like Wood despite this match.

Produce green seamers and let's have a right old ding dong to see who wins the Ashes over the next three test matches (if we do, I fear Hazlewood will bowl us out - absolute quality - but, at least it will be interesting).

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

Ashes Thread on 19:14 - Jul 19 with 2065 viewsdaveB

Ashes Thread on 18:33 - Jul 19 by Discodroids

classic dave b !!, no offence dave but i did have a chuckle...we must be the ying and yang of the board..your cool head and my rants .

worth ranting about it mate, that was laughable this afternoon, how can you get run out in that situatiom
Ashes Thread on 19:39 - Jul 19 with 2043 viewsDiscodroids

Ashes Thread on 19:14 - Jul 19 by daveB

worth ranting about it mate, that was laughable this afternoon, how can you get run out in that situatiom

i was waiting for you to install karl henry as a chris tavere type into the middle order dave and greyfriars as steady seamerwith his military medium pace as 3rd change bowler .

Ashes Thread on 20:22 - Jul 19 with 2001 viewsjohnhoop

Ashes Thread on 19:39 - Jul 19 by Discodroids

i was waiting for you to install karl henry as a chris tavere type into the middle order dave and greyfriars as steady seamerwith his military medium pace as 3rd change bowler .

And of course Harry Redknapp to take over from Trevor Bayliss as coach. Triffic.
Ashes Thread on 00:16 - Jul 20 with 1872 viewsSydneyRs

Yes it was awful but it was also a very, very good toss to win for Australia. I said 1-1 to myself as soon as that happened on Thursday. First test was almost as bad the other way after we won the toss. I maintain the view that the toss has far too much influence on test matches, especially when one side wins it again and again in a series. Toss in the first game and then just alternate on who decides to bat/bowl in each game I reckon.

I remember in the 2009 series Aus absolutely thrashed us in the 4th game to level the series. They, Ponting in particular, were all talk about how they had all the momentum and basically were pretty much guaranteed to win the series. England thumped them in game 5 with debutant Trott (who Ponting singled out before the match) getting a ton. Just goes to show that a heavy defeat doesn't automatically flow to a bad performance next time.

This Aus team is good but not great. There's no Warne and McGrath among this lot. There is every chance for England to recover and win this series if they play well enough.
[Post edited 20 Jul 2015 0:16]
Ashes Thread on 01:34 - Jul 20 with 1841 viewsbob566

Ashes Thread on 00:16 - Jul 20 by SydneyRs

Yes it was awful but it was also a very, very good toss to win for Australia. I said 1-1 to myself as soon as that happened on Thursday. First test was almost as bad the other way after we won the toss. I maintain the view that the toss has far too much influence on test matches, especially when one side wins it again and again in a series. Toss in the first game and then just alternate on who decides to bat/bowl in each game I reckon.

I remember in the 2009 series Aus absolutely thrashed us in the 4th game to level the series. They, Ponting in particular, were all talk about how they had all the momentum and basically were pretty much guaranteed to win the series. England thumped them in game 5 with debutant Trott (who Ponting singled out before the match) getting a ton. Just goes to show that a heavy defeat doesn't automatically flow to a bad performance next time.

This Aus team is good but not great. There's no Warne and McGrath among this lot. There is every chance for England to recover and win this series if they play well enough.
[Post edited 20 Jul 2015 0:16]

Aussie team is good but not great. Worst Aussie team in my memory imho
Ashes Thread on 01:43 - Jul 20 with 1839 viewsisawqpratwcity

Ashes Thread on 01:34 - Jul 20 by bob566

I've heard of damning with faint praise, but that is praising with faint criticism.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Ashes Thread on 08:36 - Jul 20 with 1781 viewsDorse

I watched Mini Dorse in an under 9s match yesterday. I would just like to inform the selectors that he is available.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Ashes Thread on 09:07 - Jul 20 with 1766 viewsadhoc_qpr

Time for Trevor Bayliss to earn his money i think!

That performance highlighted all the classic weaknesses of this England team over the last few years:

Repeated failures by the top order batsmen
Toothless bowling unless conditions happen to suit or Broad has one of his world class days
Mentally weak (you could see England thought they were beaten during the second Aussie innings)
Prone to a complete collapse
Cook's poor captaincy exposed again

I wouldn't be averse to making a change or two - Ballance especially for me never looked technically up to it, even when he was scoring runs.

Let's see what response we can muster, but with our confidence shot and the Aussies tails up this could be ugly.
Ashes Thread on 09:44 - Jul 20 with 1757 viewsdaveB

Ashes Thread on 01:34 - Jul 20 by bob566

it's a far better team than the last 2 to tour here but still not unbeatable.
Ashes Thread on 09:47 - Jul 20 with 1754 viewsadhoc_qpr

Ashes Thread on 09:44 - Jul 20 by daveB

it's a far better team than the last 2 to tour here but still not unbeatable.

At least we can't be whitewashed anyway!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024