Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dirt on Austin 22:49 - Aug 26 with 9604 viewsstumbleandfall

I know another new thread.

There must by some diabolical rumours about Charlie in the football world. I can think of no other explanation unless some teams thinks we will capitulate and get a bargain.

£22 million for a South Korean lad who's worse than 1 in 3 in Germany. It does not make sense.
Dirt on Austin on 22:32 - Aug 27 with 2459 views2Thomas2Bowles

Dirt on Austin on 12:05 - Aug 27 by SpiritofGregory

Not interested in Charlie's personal ambitions, he signed the contract so he can put up and shut up.

I'm a bit sick of all this, he deserves to go to a Prem club and no hard feeling if/when he does. Bollocks to that!

He got relegated along with everyone else, we have paid him good money and took a risk on him, sure he has scored a lot of goals for us and has been a model player
But going soft and letting him go does us no good, we will be a lot worse off without him.

Sorry but like West Brom are doing with Berahino, we should say he is not for sale, he is of more value to us than 15 million, I just don't see us getting anyone half as good.

Ok we get no fee come next summer but we should be thinking of this season and doing the best we can with OUR best players.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2015 22:34]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Dirt on Austin on 23:27 - Aug 27 with 2352 viewsPunteR

He will go deadline day. He's a top English striker. Ive got an inkling his price might even go up.

I would love him to stay though

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Dirt on Austin on 23:28 - Aug 27 with 2352 viewsFredManRave

CFW wrote; "He in my opinion is what every footballer should aspire to be like, keeps his council, never misses training and never in the press".

What you should have said was, "He's never named in the press". I give you the "unnamed man";

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Dirt on Austin on 12:04 - Aug 28 with 2172 views2Thomas2Bowles

Spurs have just paid 22M for Son Heung-min so that may end any interest in Austin from them.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Dirt on Austin on 12:07 - Aug 28 with 2167 viewsadhoc_qpr

Dirt on Austin on 12:04 - Aug 28 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Spurs have just paid 22M for Son Heung-min so that may end any interest in Austin from them.

He's not an out and out striker though, he more of an attacking mid/wide forward. Very similar to Erik Lamela, who i assume they have probably given up on.

He's also not that prolific (although very talented).
Dirt on Austin on 12:12 - Aug 28 with 2139 viewssimmo

Dirt on Austin on 12:04 - Aug 28 by 2Thomas2Bowles

He looks like he's on a stadium tour

Also he's apprently more of an attacking winger than a striker.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2015 12:12]

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Dirt on Austin on 13:06 - Aug 28 with 2060 viewsSpiritofGregory

Dirt on Austin on 07:47 - Aug 27 by Clive_Anderson

Chelsea are apparently bidding £40m for John Stones which is absurd and yet no one will bid £15m for a proven goal scorer in the Premier League.

I still think we'd be best to wait until January and sell him to a desperate club in the window.

I really hope that Chelsea don't sign him on deadline day and screw us up like they did last season.
Dirt on Austin on 13:38 - Aug 28 with 1999 viewssimmo

Dirt on Austin on 07:47 - Aug 27 by Clive_Anderson

Chelsea are apparently bidding £40m for John Stones which is absurd and yet no one will bid £15m for a proven goal scorer in the Premier League.

I still think we'd be best to wait until January and sell him to a desperate club in the window.

Not to detract from the point that Austin is EASILY worth £15m, but Stones is a once in a generation player IMO. He will be the best modern CB we've produced since Rio Ferdinand. I really really hope he doesn't go to Chelsea, but I fear it's inevitable...

Login to get fewer ads

Dirt on Austin on 13:44 - Aug 28 with 1978 viewsJuzzie

Dirt on Austin on 13:06 - Aug 28 by SpiritofGregory

I really hope that Chelsea don't sign him on deadline day and screw us up like they did last season.

Chelsea didn't screw us over, we screwed ourselves. It was obvious to everyone Remy was going to go and we didn't have a replacement in place. Our fault, not Chelsea's (as much as I'd like to blame them). Same will possibly happen in a few days time.

[Post edited 28 Aug 2015 13:51]
Dirt on Austin on 13:48 - Aug 28 with 1962 viewskingsburyR

That the Rio who played for us.

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Dirt on Austin on 14:01 - Aug 28 with 1917 viewsLblock

Dirt on Austin on 12:12 - Aug 28 by simmo

He looks like he's on a stadium tour

Also he's apprently more of an attacking winger than a striker.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2015 12:12]

I just cant read his name without it coming out "Hon-Mi Head Son"

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Dirt on Austin on 14:02 - Aug 28 with 1916 viewsTacticalR

Dirt on Austin on 13:48 - Aug 28 by kingsburyR

We just got the empty husk.

Air hostess clique

Dirt on Austin on 14:04 - Aug 28 with 1902 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Dirt on Austin on 13:44 - Aug 28 by Juzzie

Chelsea didn't screw us over, we screwed ourselves. It was obvious to everyone Remy was going to go and we didn't have a replacement in place. Our fault, not Chelsea's (as much as I'd like to blame them). Same will possibly happen in a few days time.

I don't think the same will happen. I reckon Les and Rambo probably have a striker lined up, even as part of the Austin deal or with the Austin money. The difference with Remy is we dont have to sell, there is no release clause, so if we don't have a striker lined up we can try to keep him, but if we do wecan sell him. Either way i reckon we will end up with a decent striker on our hands

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Dirt on Austin on 14:05 - Aug 28 with 1901 viewsPinnerPaul

Dirt on Austin on 13:44 - Aug 28 by Juzzie

As has been said a few! times before we can loan after the window this time
Dirt on Austin on 14:09 - Aug 28 with 1880 viewssimmo

Dirt on Austin on 13:48 - Aug 28 by kingsburyR

Yeah the Rio that played for us, as much as we should never have signed him, at one point he was unplayable, a rolls royce centre back that had great feet as well as defensive qualities. We haven't produced anybody like him since, Terry, Cahill, Jagielka, Upson etc are all similar.

There was a time when Rio and Vidic together were probably the best CB partnership in the world.

Dirt on Austin on 14:10 - Aug 28 with 1844 viewsbosh67

Charlie... has only got one knee
If he had two
He would score six in three
Ale has something similar
And poor old Sandro has no knees at all.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Dirt on Austin on 14:16 - Aug 28 with 1822 viewshoof_hearted

Dirt on Austin on 14:10 - Aug 28 by bosh67

Charlie... has only got one knee
If he had two
He would score six in three
Ale has something similar
And poor old Sandro has no knees at all.

That is unbelievably bad but it still made me laugh. Must be Friday.
Dirt on Austin on 14:27 - Aug 28 with 1807 viewsMatch82

Dirt on Austin on 22:32 - Aug 27 by 2Thomas2Bowles

I'm a bit sick of all this, he deserves to go to a Prem club and no hard feeling if/when he does. Bollocks to that!

He got relegated along with everyone else, we have paid him good money and took a risk on him, sure he has scored a lot of goals for us and has been a model player
But going soft and letting him go does us no good, we will be a lot worse off without him.

Sorry but like West Brom are doing with Berahino, we should say he is not for sale, he is of more value to us than 15 million, I just don't see us getting anyone half as good.

Ok we get no fee come next summer but we should be thinking of this season and doing the best we can with OUR best players.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2015 22:34]

Unlike a lot of fans, the board also has to consider long term. The way the club treats players will go a long way towards whether we can attract players to the club in the future, especially now that we aren't intending on just throwing money at them.

There's a fine line of course, we can't just bend over, but Charlie has been fully committed to the club, his goals got us promotion and he did his part in trying to keep us up last season. He's been professional this year and hasn't requested a transfer, but clearly has an ability level above where we are now.

Believe me that other players are looking at this and thinking "if I go to qpr, act professionally and prove myself, I'll get a chance for my big move in time". Given the reputation we had two years ago ($$$$$) I'd say that's a huge step in the right direction.
Dirt on Austin on 15:18 - Aug 28 with 1740 viewssouthernR

Maybe, just maybe, CR and LF are having a quiet word with Charlie and telling him what can happen after his playing days are over if he does become a club 'legend'

Take a look at Sir Les, Andy Sinton, Le Tissier and numerous others that are having a very good life from the club that they committed themselves to for a decent length of time - better this than worrying about being added to the list of bankrupt or alcoholic ex-footballers. Gerrard and Lampard are made for life when they finally retire - Im not talking about the money side of things either..

OK so I'm deluded
Dirt on Austin on 15:45 - Aug 28 with 1673 viewsJuzzie

Dirt on Austin on 14:05 - Aug 28 by PinnerPaul

As has been said a few! times before we can loan after the window this time

As has also been said a few times before, the Club do not want to use the loan market.
Dirt on Austin on 15:57 - Aug 28 with 1645 viewsTacticalR

Dirt on Austin on 15:18 - Aug 28 by southernR

Maybe, just maybe, CR and LF are having a quiet word with Charlie and telling him what can happen after his playing days are over if he does become a club 'legend'

Take a look at Sir Les, Andy Sinton, Le Tissier and numerous others that are having a very good life from the club that they committed themselves to for a decent length of time - better this than worrying about being added to the list of bankrupt or alcoholic ex-footballers. Gerrard and Lampard are made for life when they finally retire - Im not talking about the money side of things either..

OK so I'm deluded

Let all who leave the club fall into darkness, death and despair.

Air hostess clique

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024