Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
'King' Green? 14:00 - Sep 12 with 54320 viewsJamie

Nope, just an overpaid, useless cnt.
'King' Green? on 03:01 - Jan 2 with 2294 viewsPommyhoop

'King' Green? on 00:34 - Jan 2 by PunteR

" A poor keeper in atrocious form"
Agree with half of that.
100% Greens fault for the goal.

But yeh lets all jump on the bandwagon and blame one player for how shit we are. Good work LFW.

I'm probably about a year too slow and its already been mentioned but is there one to many apostrophe marks and a un required capital 'K' in the title of this thread .
'king Green. Or even go mad and use stars..
***king Green...

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

'King' Green? on 03:19 - Jan 2 with 2276 viewsTacticalR

Off with his head.

Air hostess clique

'King' Green? on 08:27 - Jan 2 with 2194 viewsWatford_Ranger

Agree with half of that.

But yeh lets all jump on the bandwagon and blame one player for how shit we are. Good work LFW.

I don't think anyone has said it's all Green's fault but as a hugely experienced player in the most important position in the team, he's been so bad for so long that people are obviously going to lose it with him. It's not like the reserve is a 17-year-old.
'King' Green? on 08:42 - Jan 2 with 2166 viewsGloucs_R

Just to mention, again, that Smithies was player of the season last year.

Poll: Are we staying up?

'King' Green? on 10:50 - Jan 2 with 2091 viewswestberksr

'King' Green? on 20:41 - Jan 1 by QPR1882

Back in the day i used to play in goal, and at a pretty decent level. What i always believed as a keeper was ANYTHING in the air in the 6 yard box was mine, if you were in my way the tough. The defenders i played with knew that.

Hall should have know that today. The ball was in the air in the 6 yard box. if Hall had got out of the fcking way and left the ball instead of panicking in the last minute we would now be talking about a draw.

Fact is Green will not win, he will get the blame for coming for the ball that was his. Sameway if Hall had got out of the way and left the ball and Green had not come for it then everyone will be moaning as wtf Green did not come out for the ball.

When you are public enemy number one you are fckd if you do and fckd if you don't.

And to counter that from the centre back's opinion having played there for nearly 40 at a pretty good standard.

When you are in front of a keeper that does not command his area, which Green clearly does not, you have to get rid of the ball. If Green was vocal and commanding Hall would know we was coming for that cross before it left the wingers boot, but as seen at Ipswich (header from around 4 yards) and plenty of other games, Green is ridiculously weak with crosses to the near post and indecisive in coming for the ball.

If Green didn't have previous (including the winning goal at Hull last year when making a great save got done with a near post cross a few seconds later) then we could look at Hall, but he attempted to do the right thing and stick it in row Z.

As the senior player in the squad, Green is meant to be one of the leaders, but is anything but.
'King' Green? on 11:26 - Jan 2 with 2061 viewsfrancisbowles

'King' Green? on 03:01 - Jan 2 by Pommyhoop

I'm probably about a year too slow and its already been mentioned but is there one to many apostrophe marks and a un required capital 'K' in the title of this thread .
'king Green. Or even go mad and use stars..
***king Green...

Be careful Pommy, if Disco sees that you are pulling others for grammar you could end up on his blacklist!
'King' Green? on 11:39 - Jan 2 with 2054 viewsterryb

'King' Green? on 10:50 - Jan 2 by westberksr

And to counter that from the centre back's opinion having played there for nearly 40 at a pretty good standard.

When you are in front of a keeper that does not command his area, which Green clearly does not, you have to get rid of the ball. If Green was vocal and commanding Hall would know we was coming for that cross before it left the wingers boot, but as seen at Ipswich (header from around 4 yards) and plenty of other games, Green is ridiculously weak with crosses to the near post and indecisive in coming for the ball.

If Green didn't have previous (including the winning goal at Hull last year when making a great save got done with a near post cross a few seconds later) then we could look at Hall, but he attempted to do the right thing and stick it in row Z.

As the senior player in the squad, Green is meant to be one of the leaders, but is anything but.

100% my feelings westberks.

His lack of command & communication are his two worst attributes. I don't think that one player has confidence in him. That in itself, should mean that he isn't selected.

IMO his mistakes have cost us more points that any 'keeper I can remember in nearly 50 years of watching Rangers.

He reminds me very much of the closing matches of Ron Springett. Living on past reputation/name, even though all confidence has been drained & frightened to make a decision.
'King' Green? on 12:45 - Jan 2 with 2013 viewsGloucs_R

'King' Green? on 10:50 - Jan 2 by westberksr

As another keeper, if I can't catch it and can only manage a diving punch...then I'd let my defender clear it so I could stay on my feet.

Login to get fewer ads

'King' Green? on 12:52 - Jan 2 with 1992 viewsDejR_vu

'King' Green? on 11:39 - Jan 2 by terryb

100% my feelings westberks.

His lack of command & communication are his two worst attributes. I don't think that one player has confidence in him. That in itself, should mean that he isn't selected.

IMO his mistakes have cost us more points that any 'keeper I can remember in nearly 50 years of watching Rangers.

He reminds me very much of the closing matches of Ron Springett. Living on past reputation/name, even though all confidence has been drained & frightened to make a decision.

'His lack of command & communication are his two worst attributes.'

Let's not forget his kicking.

Is there anything he can do? Amazing he's made any sort of career. Absolutely abysmal keeper.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

'King' Green? on 12:58 - Jan 2 with 1973 viewsFredManRave

'King' Green? on 12:45 - Jan 2 by Gloucs_R

As another keeper, if I can't catch it and can only manage a diving punch...then I'd let my defender clear it so I could stay on my feet.

Are you better than Smithers? Are you available on any given Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday or Friday? And would you mind being a scapegoat until a better scapegoat came along?

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

'King' Green? on 13:40 - Jan 2 with 1925 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I actually thought that he committed two earlier mistakes that led to the flap - firstly, when the ball is crossed from that wide he should have been on his near post to make the claim much earlier and to cut the angle in his favour, secondly, he never looked at Hall at all. It was a dreadful error from a player completely bereft of confidence.

As Neil_SI wisely pointed out afterwards, next week's cup game provides the perfect opportunity to 'rest' Green. I think he would actually welcome it at this stage. It might also give the crowd a chance to find a new hate figure. At the moment they only seem to have eight or nine.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

'King' Green? on 15:35 - Jan 2 with 1860 viewsOldPedro

'King' Green? on 13:40 - Jan 2 by BrianMcCarthy

I actually thought that he committed two earlier mistakes that led to the flap - firstly, when the ball is crossed from that wide he should have been on his near post to make the claim much earlier and to cut the angle in his favour, secondly, he never looked at Hall at all. It was a dreadful error from a player completely bereft of confidence.

As Neil_SI wisely pointed out afterwards, next week's cup game provides the perfect opportunity to 'rest' Green. I think he would actually welcome it at this stage. It might also give the crowd a chance to find a new hate figure. At the moment they only seem to have eight or nine.

Maybe JFH will rest a few next week and give some on the younger players a chance. However, players such as Smithies, Furlong, YSY, Doughty, Gladwin, need to be given a few games to show what they can do.

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

'King' Green? on 16:10 - Jan 2 with 1825 viewsClive_Anderson

He's been costing us points for ages, the worst as mentioned being against Forest where we were cruising to a win before he completely ballsed it up.

This is the trouble with changing the manager because the big names get in for a couple of months regardless of how badly they are playing.
'King' Green? on 16:21 - Jan 2 with 1802 viewsQPR1882

'King' Green? on 16:10 - Jan 2 by Clive_Anderson

He's been costing us points for ages, the worst as mentioned being against Forest where we were cruising to a win before he completely ballsed it up.

This is the trouble with changing the manager because the big names get in for a couple of months regardless of how badly they are playing.

Yes we should have won v Forest and yes Green fckd up. Fact is the keeper that everyone is calling for came on and let a soft shot go under him at his near post for Forest winner.Smithies fckd up badly that day has been completely swept under the carpet. i would hate to think how most on here would have treated Green if he had let that goal in.Even after Greens fck up we still should have got a point.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2016 16:27]
'King' Green? on 16:26 - Jan 2 with 1787 viewssimmo

Agree with half of that.

I'm not jumping on any bandwagon and I'm also not stupid enough to think us being where we are is down to one player, don't take me for a fckin idiot.

I've been consistent in my opinion of Green and it's one that's been built on seeing him live for 90mins a time almost every week for the last few years. He's overrated for 1 but when he's in bad form, he doesn't just not make saves a top keeper should, he actively costs us points with crazy decisions and an inability to improve on the things he's not good at.

Forest, Brighton and now Hull. That's 7 points alone just for the home games that we lost purely because of Green. Not including the countless ones he's got away with like against Leeds. He kicks the ball straight out into touch at least once every single game, every one - thats criminal. He's a keeper that is costing us goals on a consistent basis, if he wasn't a relatively big name with a decent reputation he'd be slaughtered by a lot more than me.

QPR has bigger problems than Rob Green but we have a younger and potentially better solution sitting on the bench getting worse, let's address the problems that are easy to deal with.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

'King' Green? on 16:27 - Jan 2 with 1777 viewsWatford_Ranger

'King' Green? on 16:21 - Jan 2 by QPR1882

Yes we should have won v Forest and yes Green fckd up. Fact is the keeper that everyone is calling for came on and let a soft shot go under him at his near post for Forest winner.Smithies fckd up badly that day has been completely swept under the carpet. i would hate to think how most on here would have treated Green if he had let that goal in.Even after Greens fck up we still should have got a point.

Green has probably made 10 worse errors than that this season alone. It's very hard to come into a game cold, particularly having not played for some time. Any player needs at the very least six games before any sort of judgement should be made. Smithies, Gladwin and Furlong spring to mind as players who have one bad game and get written off.
'King' Green? on 16:28 - Jan 2 with 1775 viewsClive_Anderson

Green has been fcking up every game. You don't stick with a keeper whilst all that is going on.
'King' Green? on 16:28 - Jan 2 with 1773 viewsTheBlob

"Everyone"?

Nope.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

'King' Green? on 16:42 - Jan 2 with 1746 viewsthemodfather

green is killing us, the first trickled by him and he cocked up for the 2nd, yes henry caused it, another tit
'King' Green? on 16:58 - Jan 2 with 1723 viewsGloucs_R

'King' Green? on 12:58 - Jan 2 by FredManRave

Are you better than Smithers? Are you available on any given Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday or Friday? And would you mind being a scapegoat until a better scapegoat came along?

I could have been a contender Charlie...

'King' Green? on 17:25 - Jan 2 with 1763 viewsNorthernr

The presence of Hall in that goal yesterday is only relevant in that he would have hooked it clear if Green had kept the fck out of it.

If Green was trying to catch the ball and Hall got in his way so he couldn't, then fair enough you can have a bash at Hall. Green was actually trying to punch it. He did exactly what he was trying to do. If Hall wasn't there, Green would still have punched it in off the Hull player, because the full length diving punch was exactly what he intended. Amateur standard.
'King' Green? on 17:58 - Jan 2 with 1709 viewsQPR1882

'King' Green? on 17:25 - Jan 2 by Northernr

The presence of Hall in that goal yesterday is only relevant in that he would have hooked it clear if Green had kept the fck out of it.

If Green was trying to catch the ball and Hall got in his way so he couldn't, then fair enough you can have a bash at Hall. Green was actually trying to punch it. He did exactly what he was trying to do. If Hall wasn't there, Green would still have punched it in off the Hull player, because the full length diving punch was exactly what he intended. Amateur standard.

You honestly believe if Hall was not there Green would have punched the ball into the Hull players shin standing 2 foot away ? we really need a shaking head smiley
'King' Green? on 18:02 - Jan 2 with 1702 viewsNorthernr

'King' Green? on 17:58 - Jan 2 by QPR1882

You honestly believe if Hall was not there Green would have punched the ball into the Hull players shin standing 2 foot away ? we really need a shaking head smiley

Shake your smiley all you like. You don't catch the ball by diving full length towards it with your hands together and your fists clenched. If he'd intended to catch it his palms would have been open ready to receive it.
'King' Green? on 18:08 - Jan 2 with 1688 viewsbaz_qpr

Watch it again he literally punches the ball of Halls foot just outside the 6 yard area, if you see the angle from the Ellerslie road you can see the 3 defenders in a line. Its a totally indefensible action 100% Greens fault
'King' Green? on 18:14 - Jan 2 with 1671 viewsElHoop

Has to be Green's fault unless he called, in which case Hall should have stepped aside and let him do whatever he was getting up to. Didn't look as if there was a call though, so Green's fault and Hall was very unfortunate to have been in the right place in the circumstances with the wrong keeper behind him.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024