Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
'King' Green? 14:00 - Sep 12 with 54047 viewsJamie

Nope, just an overpaid, useless cnt.
'King' Green? on 09:42 - Dec 16 with 1970 viewsPinnerPaul

'King' Green? on 21:04 - Dec 15 by jonno

Sadly, many of us predicted it would happen sooner rather than later.

Thats not really that clever.

I predict at least 3 goals in top two divisions this weekend will be down to GK errors - its a fact of life/football.

Its never that simple though , as Charlie said we should have won the ball before the shot, Henry and/or Hall could also have closed down quicker as well.

It was a mistake but ball moved in the air as well getting a nick off Hall on the way.
'King' Green? on 10:01 - Dec 16 with 1932 viewsRangers67

'King' Green? on 08:52 - Dec 16 by loftus77

Has everyone on this thread forgotten the play-off final???

I remember the play off final as do many others I would think. But if you are using Greens performance that day, which was nothing special, he only had routine saves to make as some sort of defence of this walking accident waiting to happen then it doesn,t stack up. I heard he has been quoted as saying he wants to play until he is 45, if so then Rob please go and do it somewhere else.
'King' Green? on 10:02 - Dec 16 with 1926 viewsSuffolkHoop

Green was at fault for both goals last night. The second one sticks in the memory but look at the first goal and he could have done better for that as well. Rooted to the spot and daydreaming far too often. Time for Smithies.
'King' Green? on 10:20 - Dec 16 with 1890 viewsRs_Holy

bottom line Smithies deserves a run in the side!
'King' Green? on 10:27 - Dec 16 with 1870 viewsSuffolkHoop

Smithies definitely deserves a run in the team. But then again Burton Albion have a decent keeper and you never know what JFH has planned for January. I think we'll raid them for at least 2 players.
'King' Green? on 10:48 - Dec 16 with 1843 viewsjonno

'King' Green? on 09:42 - Dec 16 by PinnerPaul

Thats not really that clever.

I predict at least 3 goals in top two divisions this weekend will be down to GK errors - its a fact of life/football.

Its never that simple though , as Charlie said we should have won the ball before the shot, Henry and/or Hall could also have closed down quicker as well.

It was a mistake but ball moved in the air as well getting a nick off Hall on the way.

No doubt - but in those cases it won't be the same keepers making the same mistakes week after week as Green does. They all make occasional errors but Green makes them consistently now - not all lead to a goal but they all could do and that is the point.
'King' Green? on 10:51 - Dec 16 with 1835 viewsGloucs_R

Smithies should be given a chance now, with at least 5-10 games. Green wont be here next season and just seems to be going backwards. Maybe its his age, but he doesnt seem to get down as quickly anymore.

Poll: Are we staying up?

'King' Green? on 12:05 - Dec 16 with 1755 viewsJigsore

'King' Green? on 10:51 - Dec 16 by Gloucs_R

Smithies should be given a chance now, with at least 5-10 games. Green wont be here next season and just seems to be going backwards. Maybe its his age, but he doesnt seem to get down as quickly anymore.

Even if he wasn't 10 years younger, on less money and with us beyond the end of this season I would play Smithies over Green for the better kicking alone.

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Login to get fewer ads

'King' Green? on 12:30 - Dec 16 with 1723 viewsR_from_afar

Way over the top criticism here, as expected.

Watching in real time, I thought he should've saved the first one but watching replays, it went right in the corner. Perhaps he could've moved faster and then just about got to it but it would've taken quite something to get to it, it wasn't within his reach.

As for the second, there are a number of reasons why it beat him.

Firstly, it "yorked" him. The ball bounced right under him, rather than him diving over it. It's not easy to prevent that from happening, especially when someone lets fly from so far out. Also, Hall is right in his line of view. Someone here said he shouldn't have stood behind Hall but if he did that, he would not be in the centre of his goal, making it more difficult to reach a shot into either corner. Finally, it looks like Hall is going to block it until he turns away at the last minute.

I don't think Green is playing as well as he used to - time waits for no man and all that - but have a look at the replays again. The knives are out for him but then in the 10 years I have been on QPR fans websites, most fans have been very unforgiving towards our 'keepers, with the rest of the team frequently being absolved or all - or most of the - guilt for conceded goals.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

'King' Green? on 12:41 - Dec 16 with 1701 viewsSuffolkHoop

'King' Green? on 12:30 - Dec 16 by R_from_afar

Watching in real time, I thought he should've saved the first one but watching replays, it went right in the corner. Perhaps he could've moved faster and then just about got to it but it would've taken quite something to get to it, it wasn't within his reach.

Firstly, it "yorked" him. The ball bounced right under him, rather than him diving over it. It's not easy to prevent that from happening, especially when someone lets fly from so far out. Also, Hall is right in his line of view. Someone here said he shouldn't have stood behind Hall but if he did that, he would not be in the centre of his goal, making it more difficult to reach a shot into either corner. Finally, it looks like Hall is going to block it until he turns away at the last minute.

I don't think Green is playing as well as he used to - time waits for no man and all that - but have a look at the replays again. The knives are out for him but then in the 10 years I have been on QPR fans websites, most fans have been very unforgiving towards our 'keepers, with the rest of the team frequently being absolved or all - or most of the - guilt for conceded goals.

RFA

You're being too kind, other goal keepers would have saved both. Whether the criticism is harsh or not, these keep happening with Green. Why not give a younger GK a chance instead?
'King' Green? on 12:51 - Dec 16 with 1679 viewsgobbles

RFA

First job of a keeper is to block the ball. With the second goal, had he spilled it, that's one thing, but for the ball the go right under him is terrible for a supposedly international-class goalkeeper.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2015 17:16]
'King' Green? on 13:33 - Dec 16 with 1608 viewsPinnerPaul

'King' Green? on 12:41 - Dec 16 by SuffolkHoop

You're being too kind, other goal keepers would have saved both. Whether the criticism is harsh or not, these keep happening with Green. Why not give a younger GK a chance instead?

Because he might not be as good?

We have a fine record of on here of bigging up players who are not playing!
'King' Green? on 13:41 - Dec 16 with 1600 viewstimcocking

It's blindingly obvious, as Clive put it t'other day, he's neither as good or as bad as people say. Anybody tells me he's an England keeper, bollox is he. He's not a bad keeper though, just had a few moments recently.

Personally, still gutted we lost McCarthy. I don't know anything about Smithies or Bentley other than what I read, but that Smithies signing felt like we accepted a poor keeper instead of paying just a bit more for a good one. False economy if you ask me. I'd be happier if Green was replaced to be honest, but i suspect Smithies is a definite step down in quality and not expected to start.

Hopefully he'll prove me wrong, but as you lot know already, it's almost never happened. (Jamie Vardy springs to mind, I think that was the 1st time...)
[Post edited 16 Dec 2015 13:42]
'King' Green? on 13:46 - Dec 16 with 1582 viewsAddinall

RFA

Agree completely.
'King' Green? on 13:52 - Dec 16 with 1568 viewsNorthernr

The second goal last night is an absolute shambles. Amateur standard. The excuses being made for it are laughable.
'King' Green? on 14:00 - Dec 16 with 1547 viewssimmo

We'd have won last night if he did his job properly. He didn't have a decent save to make besides the ones that went in. Stockdale on the other hand made 2-3 smart saves and kept them in it. I said it in the other thread but we almost lost again last night - the only other defeat at home came via the Forest game, which was entirely his fault.

My patience for Green has completely gone - have been consistent in my criticism of him and it's based on watching him reguarly for a few years now. In all the positives from this new look QPR team, he remains a constant weak link.

I also don't think it's a coincidence that his main critics seem to be the ones that watch him week in week out, rather than the occasional observer/commentator/pundit that makes their opinion more on his name than what he's actually doing.
[Post edited 16 Dec 2015 14:01]

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

'King' Green? on 14:00 - Dec 16 with 1543 viewssexton

From my seat in X block my impression of the second goal at the time (haven't watched it back) was that Green simply wasn't concentrating and was caught by surprise.

My Huddersfield-supporting mate says that Smithies was their best player last season, though as I said to him that might not be saying much.
'King' Green? on 14:02 - Dec 16 with 1536 viewsDiscodroids

He curled up quicker than a fortune telling fish from a christmas cracker in lord janners right Palm, for that second goal.

35/40 yards out in the centre of the goal ! . Johnny cochrane couldnt get green off this one.
[Post edited 16 Dec 2015 14:06]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

'King' Green? on 14:07 - Dec 16 with 1524 viewsJamie

'King' Green? on 13:52 - Dec 16 by Northernr

The second goal last night is an absolute shambles. Amateur standard. The excuses being made for it are laughable.

As said in the match thread, 10 commendable to upfield performances completely undermined by an incompetent keeper.
'King' Green? on 14:08 - Dec 16 with 1524 viewsjonno

'King' Green? on 14:00 - Dec 16 by simmo

We'd have won last night if he did his job properly. He didn't have a decent save to make besides the ones that went in. Stockdale on the other hand made 2-3 smart saves and kept them in it. I said it in the other thread but we almost lost again last night - the only other defeat at home came via the Forest game, which was entirely his fault.

My patience for Green has completely gone - have been consistent in my criticism of him and it's based on watching him reguarly for a few years now. In all the positives from this new look QPR team, he remains a constant weak link.

I also don't think it's a coincidence that his main critics seem to be the ones that watch him week in week out, rather than the occasional observer/commentator/pundit that makes their opinion more on his name than what he's actually doing.
[Post edited 16 Dec 2015 14:01]

Spot on. And for those that think the goal wasn't down to him, you only have to see his expression after the ball went in. He knows he was at fault.
'King' Green? on 14:10 - Dec 16 with 1516 viewsCamberleyR

'King' Green? on 13:33 - Dec 16 by PinnerPaul

Well until we give him a decent run in the team we'll never know will we?

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

'King' Green? on 14:32 - Dec 16 with 1482 viewssimmo

And a finer record of sticking with players that aren't performing while ignoring alternative options

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

'King' Green? on 14:33 - Dec 16 with 1476 viewsJonDoeman

Where's Bluce? Hope he's OK!

It Is What It Is !!

'King' Green? on 17:28 - Dec 16 with 1411 viewsFDC

'King' Green? on 14:33 - Dec 16 by JonDoeman

Where's Bluce? Hope he's OK!

#prayforbluce

#jesuiscalamity
[Post edited 16 Dec 2015 17:31]
'King' Green? on 18:43 - Dec 16 with 1376 viewsMatch82

I consider this a "lost" season - we aren't going up, we aren't going down. So I'd prefer to be giving game time to the players who are the future of this club, if we end up losing 5 or 6 points as a result I don't think it will make a difference to the overall outcome of this season
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024