Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Food for thought from Dave Mac... 12:04 - Oct 1 with 18154 viewsGruntfuttock

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/is-ramsey-the-right-man-for-the-job-it-depend
Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 12:11 - Oct 1 with 6369 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Annoying advert aside, that is a great article.
Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 12:13 - Oct 1 with 6364 viewsessextaxiboy

5 times he says " his face doesnt fit "

I agree with almost every word of that ... "we have to draw a line in the sand somewhere"
[Post edited 1 Oct 2015 12:15]
Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 12:17 - Oct 1 with 6343 viewspeejaybee

Far to sensible.

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 12:28 - Oct 1 with 6291 viewsfakekerby

It's easy to say "let's just wait it out for 2 years", BUT, TV money as of next year is going to send other clubs into another level and we do have a great squad that should be competing for not only top 6, but also top 2.

You can give someone as long as you like, but there is so much evidence that Ramsey just isn't a good manager:-

- Terrible results both in the Premier league and the Championship
- No previous management experience
- No signs of in-game management
- Never uses his subs
- Dropped Hall as soon as Angella came along (the one thing he said he wouldn't do)
- Has barely even used JET, Gladwin, so when they are needed they'll be unfit
- Conceding 2 goals a game, every game
- Shocking home form - 2 wins his entire tenure
- Great squad for this division, including the best striker in the league
- Players don't look motivated
- Henry left wing, 4 centre backs vs west ham, SWP getting his farewall tour at Man City, taking off Chery embarrassingly after half an hour, numerous weird decisions

The guy reminds me of Redknapp to be honest - the football is poor, he drops in form players for bigger names, he's sent all the kids out on loan (where did these pathways to first team go?), uses the likes of Konchesky, Perch game in game out regardless of form.

I'll ask two questions - if Austin wasn't here under Ramsey's spell how many games would we have lost and how many goals would we have scored?

Under Ramsey, we are a one man team, completely dependant on Austin for a moment of magic - I can't see many good results this month without Charlie and that'll show everyone how good or bad Ramsey really is. The majority of our goals have been almost hit and hope from range where goalkeepers have messed up.

Teams like Watford have proven that you can sack a manager and get better for it; they've also proven how the right manager can turn a leaky defence into a mean one - even at a higher level.
Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 12:29 - Oct 1 with 6282 viewsMedwayR

My comment on the article which I've copied below, these were my thoughts at the time of his appointment and remain the same today:

Ramsey was the wrong appointment and therefore it would be daft to stand by the wrong man just to try & prove a point about stability. The reason he was the wrong appointment is because the club went from one extreme to the other; the big-name managers (Hughes, Redknapp) hadn't worked out so we'll go the complete opposite direction and appoint someone who has no experience other than as a youth coach. Like most things in life it's about balance and we needed a young 'up-and-coming' coach but with some experience & track record, at the time we could've gone for Warburton, Cooper from Swindon, Robinson from MK Dons, maybe Tisdale from Exeter as examples, there are options out there but it seems we didn't bother to look very far. Of course if we got rid now we'd still need to find a replacement and probably have fewer options now than at the time we appointed Ramsey, but I'd suggest we still need the type of manager I've mentioned above.

The other issue I have with the appointment of Ramsey is that his record as a youth coach is good and that is what he was brought in for, therefore by appointing him as head coach we've lost a good youth coach and needed to recruit again to fill his position, thereby creating instability at that level.

Poll: Who’s better?

Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 12:31 - Oct 1 with 6268 viewsWeaverQPR

Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 12:28 - Oct 1 by fakekerby

It's easy to say "let's just wait it out for 2 years", BUT, TV money as of next year is going to send other clubs into another level and we do have a great squad that should be competing for not only top 6, but also top 2.

You can give someone as long as you like, but there is so much evidence that Ramsey just isn't a good manager:-

- Never uses his subs
- Dropped Hall as soon as Angella came along (the one thing he said he wouldn't do)
- Henry left wing, 4 centre backs vs west ham, SWP getting his farewall tour at Man City, taking off Chery embarrassingly after half an hour, numerous weird decisions

The guy reminds me of Redknapp to be honest - the football is poor, he drops in form players for bigger names, he's sent all the kids out on loan (where did these pathways to first team go?), uses the likes of Konchesky, Perch game in game out regardless of form.

I'll ask two questions - if Austin wasn't here under Ramsey's spell how many games would we have lost and how many goals would we have scored?

Under Ramsey, we are a one man team, completely dependant on Austin for a moment of magic - I can't see many good results this month without Charlie and that'll show everyone how good or bad Ramsey really is. The majority of our goals have been almost hit and hope from range where goalkeepers have messed up.

Teams like Watford have proven that you can sack a manager and get better for it; they've also proven how the right manager can turn a leaky defence into a mean one - even at a higher level.

My thoughts too, well put

@WeavQPR

Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 12:57 - Oct 1 with 6166 viewsdaveB

It's a good article but will fall on deaf ears, not a hope in hell Ramsey will last the month. Too many fans desperate for change and nowhere near enough patience for the very difficult job that needs doing.
Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 13:03 - Oct 1 with 6140 viewsGloucs_R

We keep screaming "change the manager" but its not worked for the past few years. So who would people like if and when Ramsey does go? And why do you think that person would be any different to Hughes, Harry and Ramsey?

Poll: Are we staying up?

Login to get fewer ads

Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 13:06 - Oct 1 with 6123 viewssimmo

Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 12:57 - Oct 1 by daveB

It's a good article but will fall on deaf ears, not a hope in hell Ramsey will last the month. Too many fans desperate for change and nowhere near enough patience for the very difficult job that needs doing.

Exactly, a very good article that frames points well, but people have made their choice. The same people screaming for a change to happen - "many said they were sick of short-termism and wanted to see something sustainable built." - this is what it looks like, but people want us to dominate and to hell with the rest of it.

Fundementally I think as we're such a varied fan base, we all want something different for QPR. The club are addressing the main areas I personally wanted them to, so in that respect I can take poorer performances and results. Others won't and the failures of the past seem lost on them

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 13:09 - Oct 1 with 6111 viewsGloucs_R

Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 13:06 - Oct 1 by simmo

Exactly, a very good article that frames points well, but people have made their choice. The same people screaming for a change to happen - "many said they were sick of short-termism and wanted to see something sustainable built." - this is what it looks like, but people want us to dominate and to hell with the rest of it.

Fundementally I think as we're such a varied fan base, we all want something different for QPR. The club are addressing the main areas I personally wanted them to, so in that respect I can take poorer performances and results. Others won't and the failures of the past seem lost on them

I'm with you on this Simmo....mid table finish would be OK with me. Top 8 and I would be happy.

Get it right off the pitch before we go up again.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 13:16 - Oct 1 with 6086 viewsstevec

''If QPR are looking for a manager to get the best out of an Austin and Phillips-inspired squad, that doesn’t really play to Ramsey’s strengths''.

Fck me, getting lumbered with £15m rated, 20 goals a season man Charlie Austin and Phillips to boot, I didn't realise just how unlucky Ramsey is.

He must be rueing the day he missed out on some ball playing 10 stone, 5 foot 1 centre half from the likes of Accrington Fckin Stanley, we'd be passing these other Championship oafs off the park.
Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 13:20 - Oct 1 with 6066 viewsFredManRave

A very good article. Sums our situation up very well, imo and I do think Ramsey should absolutely be given more time. Easy for me to say as I don't invest time or money going to games, but I just think we've tried all the other ways recently and failed miserably so let's just see how actually building something, as a club not just a team, works out.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 13:22 - Oct 1 with 6057 viewsRangersw12

Excellent article and I agree with everything he says
Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 13:25 - Oct 1 with 6034 viewsbob566

I'm sticking with at the moment but I'm not convinced at all. The subs are baffling at times.
Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 13:26 - Oct 1 with 6032 viewsSimonJames

Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 13:09 - Oct 1 by Gloucs_R

I'm with you on this Simmo....mid table finish would be OK with me. Top 8 and I would be happy.

Get it right off the pitch before we go up again.

I'd be happy this season with:
1. We win more games than we lose
2. When we do lose, it's only by 1 goal

100% of people who drink water will die.

Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 13:34 - Oct 1 with 5988 viewsAntti_Heinola

it's a great article. Sadly won't influence a single one of the large number who made their minds up about 5 months ago and who truly believe changing the manager every time you get a couple of bad results is the way to go.

Bare bones.

Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 13:36 - Oct 1 with 5972 viewsWestbourneR

He totally misses the point. All Dave Mac's points are going on about his coaching.

Ramsey is a coach of real pedigree and it was brilliant the club started bringing in back-room staff of his calibre at last.

However we've now managed to screw it up AGAIN by making him Manager. Ramsey is not and never will be a manager - he doesn't have a tactical mind and he is not a leader.

But we're now in position where we'll be forced to sack him as a Manager and therefore lose a huge asset - a coach.

Great Coach - Average Manager. Simple as that. Why we ever confused the two I don't know.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 13:40 - Oct 1 with 5958 viewsderbyhoop

Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 12:28 - Oct 1 by fakekerby

- Never uses his subs

- Given the unbalanced squad we had in the PL, did anybody expect anything better? In the Championship the record isn't terrible (P9, W3, D3, L3), including winning at Molineux.
- No signs of in-game management - How much better were we in the 2nd half against Blackburn? Hull are one of the favourites yet barely got a sniff.
- Hall wasn't thought to be ready for regular 1st team football, so Angella (a carefully scouted target) was brought in as a ball playing CB
- JET hasn't done that much to suggest he is much better than L1. Gladwin has been injured. But, even fit , who is he going to replace (Chery, Fer, Luongo, Phillips)?
- Defensively the record is not good. Even/especially with 3 new defenders. Is Onouha, who isn't new the problem or is it further forward where neither Henry nor Faurlin are providing the shield
- Home form - ignore the PL, where we played the top 10 sides in the 2nd half. But, in the Championship, teams come to defend and see QPR as a big scalp. We do need to develop a style for when the passing game does not work.
- Huge turnover of players but still a good, not great, squad for this division. The best striker in the league wasn't expected to be here beyond end of August
- Players don't look motivated. But where is the player responsibility. There were 11 poor performances at Fulham, 6 days after a superb show at Hull. Explain the difference.
- Henry playing at all is a mystery to me. Presumably, Sandro is not match fit OR there are contractual/financial reasons why he isn't playing
Performances vs West Ham (h) and SWP involved at Man City reflect the unbalanced squad in the 2nd half of last season. Especially when Isla, Vargas and Zarate switched off.
Removing Chery after half an hour. We were 3-0 down and he wasn't dong his job. Who should he have taken off - choose a number from 1 to 11?
- How do you get management experience. Perhaps we should re-employ Redknapp, Hughes or Warnock.
- His use of / reluctance to use subs does seem odd.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 13:42 - Oct 1 with 5949 viewsTheBlob

Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 13:34 - Oct 1 by Antti_Heinola

it's a great article. Sadly won't influence a single one of the large number who made their minds up about 5 months ago and who truly believe changing the manager every time you get a couple of bad results is the way to go.

Couple of bad results?
Time to cut down on the Prozac mate.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 13:43 - Oct 1 with 5939 viewsstansleftfoot

I just hope the owners see the task in hand in its true light.
They must stick to their plan despite the howlings of blogging supporters.....it puts in perspective the limitations of football fans when they base their judgement of Ferdinand and Ramsey on the fact they think this squad should finish in the automatic places or at least the top six.
The job is clearly not finished!
Fernande's must not listen to these people, the quality of the squad won't change but their form can.
Change management now and this squad could easily find themselves bottom 6 by Xmas....they really are not that good!
Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 13:46 - Oct 1 with 5925 viewsFredManRave

Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 12:57 - Oct 1 by daveB

Fall on deaf ears you say;

2nd comment on the article: "Chris is wrong man and remains so whatever arguments you state".

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 13:46 - Oct 1 with 5923 viewsTacticalR

McIntyre is right to ask the question 'What is the job?' I think he's also right that Ramsey is doing the job that he's been asked to do.

Whatever happens I really don't want to be saddled with the detritus of football whether it be Hughes, Redknapp or Allardyce.

Air hostess clique

Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 13:47 - Oct 1 with 5907 viewsLblock

Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 13:34 - Oct 1 by Antti_Heinola

You need to change the "and" for an "or" in your statement

I'll repeat again that Bungle has managed to actually c0ck up TWO appointments with Benny.
We've got a terrible manager / first team coach
And we'll lose one of the most highly respected youth trainers in the game when he has to go.

A couple of bad results haven't and wont influence me -- I thought Warnock deserved a full season in the Prem no matter our predicament and wasn't shouting for him to go. It is possible to look at the bigger picture and make your mind up. Mine is.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 13:53 - Oct 1 with 5878 viewsNorthernr

Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 13:36 - Oct 1 by WestbourneR

He totally misses the point. All Dave Mac's points are going on about his coaching.

Ramsey is a coach of real pedigree and it was brilliant the club started bringing in back-room staff of his calibre at last.

However we've now managed to screw it up AGAIN by making him Manager. Ramsey is not and never will be a manager - he doesn't have a tactical mind and he is not a leader.

But we're now in position where we'll be forced to sack him as a Manager and therefore lose a huge asset - a coach.

Great Coach - Average Manager. Simple as that. Why we ever confused the two I don't know.

Or, we could not force them to sack him?
Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 14:04 - Oct 1 with 5847 viewsWestbourneR

It's not a matter of forcing them to sack him. I believe he ultimately will need to be sacked because he's not a capable manager and be it this season or next results will make his position untenable. That's my belief. We'll see.

I've watched the team very closely and he has utterly failed to get us to even begin to move the ball correctly. We're a stagnant aimless mess on the pitch. Substitutions and tactics are hopeless.

My frustration is that he was a very useful coach and I'd have liked him to stay on at the club. But because he is Manager it is now all or bust.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024