Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jimmy Jimmy, oh 07:35 - Nov 22 with 69824 viewsJonDoeman

Poor little Jimmy!

It Is What It Is !!

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 07:22 - Nov 23 with 3087 viewsCHUBBS

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 14:09 - Nov 22 by Jamie

Took over with Burton in 5th, won the league and has built his own squad for this season. Currently in the playoff places wth a game in hand...

Well I stand corrected,however they were undoubtedly the best team in the division but were built by other managers.
If he's the outstanding candidate then Pearson must be the second coming.

Exiled I have no idea if he's turned us down,I was thinking even we're not dumb enough to look such a gift horse in the mouth.
I'm probably wrong though looking at our previous appointments.
Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 10:03 - Nov 23 with 2962 viewsdaveB

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 07:22 - Nov 23 by CHUBBS

Well I stand corrected,however they were undoubtedly the best team in the division but were built by other managers.

Exiled I have no idea if he's turned us down,I was thinking even we're not dumb enough to look such a gift horse in the mouth.

If he came to us and did well you could argue this team was built by other managers as well. He's a strong candidate for the job and I'm pleased we seem to be looking for the right man this time rather than whoever is out of work
Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 10:09 - Nov 23 with 2952 viewsadhoc_qpr

Pearson obviously has some very strong credentials, but his personality and the way he left at Leicester may be putting some people off.

JFH has a lot of potential and has obviously had a flying start in his managerial career, but you don't need to look too far for managers who have done really well initially before being found out (Uwe Rosler etc).

I'm just happy that some of the real managerial chumps seem to be out of the running!
Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 10:19 - Nov 23 with 2939 viewsJamie

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 07:22 - Nov 23 by CHUBBS

Problem with Pearson is that his 'blunt' - to put it kindly - personality would see him booed out of here long before the 3 or 4 years it will need to turn this club around.

Also, as said in a other thread, we are likely to be under an embargo next season, so we will need a manager who can work with loans and free transfers. Something JFH has shown himself adept at.
Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 10:25 - Nov 23 with 2928 viewsadhoc_qpr

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 10:19 - Nov 23 by Jamie

Problem with Pearson is that his 'blunt' - to put it kindly - personality would see him booed out of here long before the 3 or 4 years it will need to turn this club around.

Also, as said in a other thread, we are likely to be under an embargo next season, so we will need a manager who can work with loans and free transfers. Something JFH has shown himself adept at.

What's this about an embargo?

Haven't we just cooked the books to avoid that - debt to equity blah blah and all that?
Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 10:30 - Nov 23 with 2920 viewsJamie

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 10:25 - Nov 23 by adhoc_qpr

Haven't we just cooked the books to avoid that - debt to equity blah blah and all that?

We are going to lose a fortune again this season, so will likely be embargoed along with a large fine.
Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 10:45 - Nov 23 with 2881 viewsadhoc_qpr

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 10:30 - Nov 23 by Jamie

We are going to lose a fortune again this season, so will likely be embargoed along with a large fine.

I thought you either got the embargo or the fine, not both.

Anyway, we still haven't found out the outcome of the last round of FFP, although i agree our next accounts are going to be another disaster zone.
Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 10:52 - Nov 23 with 2876 viewsMvpeter

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 13:49 - Nov 22 by exiled_dictator

sorry, just curious as to how you know that pearson doesn't want the job?
do you know whether he was offered it and just refused?
or is still on holiday?
or hasn't even bee offered the job (yet)?

i would be astounded if any manager has even been interviewed yet, let alone offered the job.
i would imagine (hope) that there is a list of mangers that the board/les/et all want, and would also expect that several managers have contacted us both formally and informally. and that there are choices that are more suitable and wanted than others.

Why would it astound you to hear that a manager had been interviewed in the two weeks after the last one was sacked?

Poll: Who should be our left back?

Login to get fewer ads

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 10:59 - Nov 23 with 2852 viewsMvpeter

I'm just happy we're doing a normal lower league thing and getting a young initially successful manager from an even more lower league club. We've wanted this for a while no?

Jamie makes a good point. We should probably sign half a dozen young players this January even if we loan them straight back or something just in case we have that ban. Which I think is pretty likely.

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 11:02 - Nov 23 with 2846 viewsPinnerPaul

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 10:45 - Nov 23 by adhoc_qpr

Anyway, we still haven't found out the outcome of the last round of FFP, although i agree our next accounts are going to be another disaster zone.

I think we'll get relegated, fined AND transfer embargo'ed all at the same time.

Probably have a points deduction thrown in for good measure as well!
Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 11:05 - Nov 23 with 2827 viewsdaveB

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 10:25 - Nov 23 by adhoc_qpr

If you fail FFP and don't get promoted you get a transfer embargo, with our wage bill we are likely to make more losses than allowed again and will get an embargo
Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 11:07 - Nov 23 with 2808 viewsadhoc_qpr

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 11:05 - Nov 23 by daveB

If you fail FFP and don't get promoted you get a transfer embargo, with our wage bill we are likely to make more losses than allowed again and will get an embargo

Thinking about it, an embargo might save us from ourselves given our transfer record!
Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 11:08 - Nov 23 with 2806 viewsNorthernr

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 10:45 - Nov 23 by adhoc_qpr

New offence so new punishment. last time we breached it and got promoted so you get a fine. This time we're likely to breach it again while not getting promoted which means an embargo.
Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 11:26 - Nov 23 with 2769 viewsMvpeter

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 11:08 - Nov 23 by Northernr

New offence so new punishment. last time we breached it and got promoted so you get a fine. This time we're likely to breach it again while not getting promoted which means an embargo.

Don't you get the fine regardless?

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 11:33 - Nov 23 with 2757 viewsdaveB

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 11:26 - Nov 23 by Mvpeter

Don't you get the fine regardless?

only get a fine if you win promotion
Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 11:34 - Nov 23 with 2751 viewsJamie

But luckily for us you get a rebate if relegated to L1.
Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 12:01 - Nov 23 with 2709 viewsMvpeter

Yep we shouldn't definitely get a couple youngsters this January.

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 12:07 - Nov 23 with 2692 viewsadhoc_qpr

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 12:01 - Nov 23 by Mvpeter

Yep we shouldn't definitely get a couple youngsters this January.

I know people will say 'more blood', but i'd like to see a couple of young centre mids with decent engines, a right back (if we aren't going to play Furlong) and a striker at least come in January.

If Robinson is likely to be fit in the next few months i'd happily send Konchesky back early too!
Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 12:14 - Nov 23 with 2675 viewsJamie

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 12:07 - Nov 23 by adhoc_qpr

I know people will say 'more blood', but i'd like to see a couple of young centre mids with decent engines, a right back (if we aren't going to play Furlong) and a striker at least come in January.

If Robinson is likely to be fit in the next few months i'd happily send Konchesky back early too!

Robinson was initially expected to be somewhere from Jan - Mar, but doubt we will see him this season unless it's desperate.

Clearly Konchesky should be sent back regardless. We have Yun and hopefully Kpekawa after his Orient loan spell.
Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 12:20 - Nov 23 with 2658 viewssimmo

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 12:14 - Nov 23 by Jamie

Robinson was initially expected to be somewhere from Jan - Mar, but doubt we will see him this season unless it's desperate.

Clearly Konchesky should be sent back regardless. We have Yun and hopefully Kpekawa after his Orient loan spell.

It is frustrating to be struggling at left back depsite this being probably our stronest area! There's nothing wrong with YSY, Robinson and Kpekwa as the 1st - 3rd choice, at all levels. Be good to get Robinson back so we can firm up that position long term. Sick of constantly covering it with loans.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 12:31 - Nov 23 with 2620 viewsJamie

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 12:20 - Nov 23 by simmo

It is frustrating to be struggling at left back depsite this being probably our stronest area! There's nothing wrong with YSY, Robinson and Kpekwa as the 1st - 3rd choice, at all levels. Be good to get Robinson back so we can firm up that position long term. Sick of constantly covering it with loans.

The strangest part about Ramsey was the fact that he didn't rate Yun, as even Redknapp who loved signing another player went with him at LB.

Problem is with Konchesky here for the season on hefty wages unless we pay a severance fee, the new manager is likely to be expected to play him.
Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 13:31 - Nov 23 with 2545 viewsBakes

Tweet from sky sports news journo

@AmyLewisSport: Caretaker Neil Warnock is expected to take charge for the Leeds game on Saturday at Loftus Road

@AmyLewisSport: We're being told QPR are still interviewing candidates but hope to have a new manager in place by next week.

Key words being Still and Hope
[Post edited 23 Nov 2015 13:32]

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 13:36 - Nov 23 with 2529 viewsTheBlob

Well Jimmy might get better out of Fer and Chery and I'd be delighted if some obscure but vituoso/maverick Dutch players were brought in.There must be undiscovered Mührens and Thijssens somewhere.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 13:46 - Nov 23 with 2502 viewsR_from_afar

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 01:37 - Nov 23 by FDC

"Now 43, Hasselbaink pours all his many experiences, all his ambition, into managing Burton Albion. It may seem a strange fit, a two-time Premier League Golden Boot winner now at a League Two club, but Hasselbaink is meticulously building his managerial career, just as he did his playing career."

That word! Don't worry too much, though, JFH didn't actually say it, the journo did.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 16:21 - Nov 23 with 2411 viewsPinnerPaul

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 11:08 - Nov 23 by Northernr

I thought the fine (being argued) was for 13/14 season/accounts?

We haven't filed accounts for 14/15 yet, as we were PL then does FL fair play rule apply?

Obviously it will for this season but we won't be filing those accounts until about Jan 17.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024