Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anderlecht Striker Incoming 18:09 - Aug 29 with 18114 viewsaston_hoop

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-agree-deal-sign-anderlecht-striker

[Post edited 29 Aug 2016 18:11]

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Anderlecht Striker Incoming on 21:38 - Aug 30 with 2469 viewsBklynRanger

Fresh meat. Capital.
Anderlecht Striker Incoming on 21:41 - Aug 30 with 2453 viewskensalriser

Looking forward to getting stuck into slagging off this mofo as soon as he puts a foot wrong.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Anderlecht Striker Incoming on 21:43 - Aug 30 with 2434 viewsbosh67

Anderlecht Striker Incoming on 21:41 - Aug 30 by kensalriser

Looking forward to getting stuck into slagging off this mofo as soon as he puts a foot wrong.

I think he has been brought in to help Conor Washington off the pitch after the final whistle.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Anderlecht Striker Incoming on 21:43 - Aug 30 with 2434 viewsbrokenframe1982

Anderlecht Striker Incoming on 15:00 - Aug 30 by LongsufferingR

You mean Taarabt shouldn't have ducked.

Anderlecht Striker Incoming on 21:54 - Aug 30 with 2370 viewsWilloW4

Anderlecht Striker Incoming on 21:31 - Aug 30 by queensparker

When he scores we need to forego Pigbag for once and break into a rousing rendition of this:

Must be cos its late, and I've had a few stouts but that made me howl queensparker ..well done mate.
Anderlecht Striker Incoming on 22:03 - Aug 30 with 2336 viewsHooparoo

I thought the squad would be pretty right now but apparently we are still looking for another winger. If so, probably not a good sign for Petrasso and Shadipo.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Anderlecht Striker Incoming on 22:08 - Aug 30 with 2307 viewsbosh67

"I see him as an out-an-out striker. He is going to come in and fight against Sebastian Polter and Conor Washington." - JFH

Surely we should be looking at good old fashioned 4-4-2 with Polter and Sylla fed by the likes of Chery and Karate.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Anderlecht Striker Incoming on 22:24 - Aug 30 with 2243 viewsHooparoo

Anderlecht Striker Incoming on 22:08 - Aug 30 by bosh67

"I see him as an out-an-out striker. He is going to come in and fight against Sebastian Polter and Conor Washington." - JFH

Surely we should be looking at good old fashioned 4-4-2 with Polter and Sylla fed by the likes of Chery and Karate.

I think we also now have the squad to play 3-5-2:
Perch and Bidwell as wing backs with Ned, Hall and Caulker with Luongo, Cousins and Borysiuk in midfield then two from Polts, Chery, DC and Sylla up top.

Login to get fewer ads

Anderlecht Striker Incoming on 10:04 - Aug 31 with 1839 viewsfrancisbowles

Don't think so!
Anderlecht Striker Incoming on 10:05 - Aug 31 with 1832 viewsfrancisbowles

Anderlecht Striker Incoming on 22:24 - Aug 30 by Hooparoo

Perch and Bidwell as wing backs with Ned, Hall and Caulker with Luongo, Cousins and Borysiuk in midfield then two from Polts, Chery, DC and Sylla up top.

Have we written off Yeni already?
Anderlecht Striker Incoming on 10:07 - Aug 31 with 1820 viewsHunterhoop

Anderlecht Striker Incoming on 22:24 - Aug 30 by Hooparoo

Mate, presuming you're in Oz and haven't actually seen us this season.

Perch and Bidwell as full backs?! Err...no. Their distribution has been shocking, especially Perch. He's worse in possession than Onouha and a far far worse defender.

Our squad is definitely most suited to 4-2-3-1/ 4-4-1-1. 4-4-2 at an absolute push, providing Cousins and Luongo are central midfield two and are in cracking form, and the other team aren't playing with a no. 10.

Our best player, and our player with the most potential to win us games is Chery. His best position is no. 10. Therefore, we should play him there. Polter is the best true no. 9.

As has been alluded to recently, the only real problem with our set up atm, is our wide players. Cousins is not a winger. Yenni is right footed but playing on the left. This makes us narrow in possession and screws up our formation/shape and ability to play to feet. Yenni should be on the right (if starting) and Shodipo on the left.
Anderlecht Striker Incoming on 10:09 - Aug 31 with 1817 viewsAntti_Heinola

Where are you playing Chery?

Bare bones.

Anderlecht Striker Incoming on 10:38 - Aug 31 with 1733 viewsrsonist

Sometimes imagine we are soon approaching a post-apocalyptic world where paganistic tribes construct effigies of junk to worship a half-remembered God known only as 4-4-2.
Anderlecht Striker Incoming on 10:41 - Aug 31 with 1728 viewsLongsufferingR

It always makes me feel more comfortable about the man actually in charge when I read suggestions from FIFA 16 managers on here about formations, where players should be playing, Sunday league park tactics etc.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2016 10:41]
Anderlecht Striker Incoming on 11:01 - Aug 31 with 1693 viewsHooparoo

Anderlecht Striker Incoming on 10:07 - Aug 31 by Hunterhoop

Perch and Bidwell as full backs?! Err...no. Their distribution has been shocking, especially Perch. He's worse in possession than Onouha and a far far worse defender.

Our squad is definitely most suited to 4-2-3-1/ 4-4-1-1. 4-4-2 at an absolute push, providing Cousins and Luongo are central midfield two and are in cracking form, and the other team aren't playing with a no. 10.

Our best player, and our player with the most potential to win us games is Chery. His best position is no. 10. Therefore, we should play him there. Polter is the best true no. 9.

As has been alluded to recently, the only real problem with our set up atm, is our wide players. Cousins is not a winger. Yenni is right footed but playing on the left. This makes us narrow in possession and screws up our formation/shape and ability to play to feet. Yenni should be on the right (if starting) and Shodipo on the left.

You're probably right.

Anderlecht Striker Incoming on 11:24 - Aug 31 with 1643 viewsnix

Anderlecht Striker Incoming on 10:07 - Aug 31 by Hunterhoop

This. Definitely.

Rather than another striker, I'd have liked to see another winger. I think JFH does rate Shodipo but is managing him atm, so he's unlikely to be playing two matches a week. When he's not playing we do look too narrow, particularly demonstrated against Preston, where they were falling over each other in the middle of the park, and we also looked too one dimensional.
Anderlecht Striker Incoming on 11:47 - Aug 31 with 1585 viewsHunterhoop

Anderlecht Striker Incoming on 10:41 - Aug 31 by LongsufferingR

It always makes me feel more comfortable about the man actually in charge when I read suggestions from FIFA 16 managers on here about formations, where players should be playing, Sunday league park tactics etc.

Never played FIFA 16, mate. Or Football Manager, since 2003, to be honest.

But I did manage a Sunday League side for 5 years, so you've got me there.

To be honest, I don't think shape, formations, basic positioning are that complicated or difficult to grasp and certainly don't think it should be out of the remit of football fans to comment on. However, you do need to be able to explain yourself, which is where I find this 4-4-2 obsession (56% of our fans want us to play it according to a local rag poll) strange. We don't have the players to suit this formation as much as 4-2-3-1, as per my earlier note. We'd certainly concede more and Chery would have to be shoehorned in at left wing.
Anderlecht Striker Incoming on 11:50 - Aug 31 with 1576 viewsHunterhoop

Anderlecht Striker Incoming on 11:24 - Aug 31 by nix

This. Definitely.

Rather than another striker, I'd have liked to see another winger. I think JFH does rate Shodipo but is managing him atm, so he's unlikely to be playing two matches a week. When he's not playing we do look too narrow, particularly demonstrated against Preston, where they were falling over each other in the middle of the park, and we also looked too one dimensional.

Agree. And I hope you're right. Even Ned acknowledged the lack of width in a recent interview. I'm pretty sure JFH can see it but I'd like to think he's trying to manage Shodipo, bring in another wife player, and, in the meantime (in away games like Wigan) just try to keep us solid.

We shall see. I'm still very hopeful for this season and excited about how we go. I like our signings and don't think we're a million miles away from clicking.
Anderlecht Striker Incoming on 11:57 - Aug 31 with 1565 viewsLongsufferingR

Anderlecht Striker Incoming on 11:50 - Aug 31 by Hunterhoop

Agree. And I hope you're right. Even Ned acknowledged the lack of width in a recent interview. I'm pretty sure JFH can see it but I'd like to think he's trying to manage Shodipo, bring in another wife player, and, in the meantime (in away games like Wigan) just try to keep us solid.

We shall see. I'm still very hopeful for this season and excited about how we go. I like our signings and don't think we're a million miles away from clicking.

Exactly right. It's the knee-jerk reactions to one-off performances that get me. I'm absolutely sure that JFH can see where things aren't right and where he needs to strengthen, and he has my trust at this stage. Has to be given a proper chance over a longer period than a few months.
Anderlecht Striker Incoming on 12:39 - Aug 31 with 1464 viewsTacticalR

Anderlecht Striker Incoming on 10:41 - Aug 31 by LongsufferingR

The real question is could JFH cut it on LFW?

Air hostess clique

Anderlecht Striker Incoming on 12:44 - Aug 31 with 1431 viewsRBlock

Anderlecht Striker Incoming on 11:24 - Aug 31 by nix

This. Definitely.

We did need another striker to be fair. Not slating Wash here, but Polter and Wash are completely different players, which is why Wash has struggled when we launch balls long to his chest expecting him to hold it up. Sylla seems more suited to that, big strong lad who will hopefully be able to offer back up to Polter, as where Wash is a different option. Had Polter got injured our whole way of playing would have to change. Still need a wideman though ideally.
Anderlecht Striker Incoming on 12:48 - Aug 31 with 1410 viewsLongsufferingR

Anderlecht Striker Incoming on 12:39 - Aug 31 by TacticalR

The real question is could JFH cut it on LFW?

He's already on here.

Guess which one is him.
Anderlecht Striker Incoming on 12:57 - Aug 31 with 1380 viewsTacticalR

Everyone is talking about wingers, but John Barnes was arguing a while ago that traditional crosses have to come from full-backs (if they're going to come from anywhere).

No more wingers any more?
http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/153113/no-more-win

Air hostess clique

Anderlecht Striker Incoming on 13:03 - Aug 31 with 1349 viewsjohnhoop

Anderlecht Striker Incoming on 12:48 - Aug 31 by LongsufferingR

He's already on here.

Guess which one is him.

Holloway?
Anderlecht Striker Incoming on 13:10 - Aug 31 with 1314 viewsHunterhoop

Anderlecht Striker Incoming on 11:57 - Aug 31 by LongsufferingR

Exactly right. It's the knee-jerk reactions to one-off performances that get me. I'm absolutely sure that JFH can see where things aren't right and where he needs to strengthen, and he has my trust at this stage. Has to be given a proper chance over a longer period than a few months.

Agree.

He needs to be given at least the full season...as a minimum.

Sometimes I don't think people understand how long it takes to change a culture and , how long it takes for the results of your actions/decisions to come into effect.

The knee jerk reaction to every loss meaning "he has one strike left", or he doesn't know what he's doing, or why can't he fix it, as if managing people was akin to changing light bulbs, is ridiculous.

I like what he's said about unity, ethos, hard work, togetherness, etc, as that's all key in creating a genuine "team", as opposed to a collection of individuals. I think he's identified the best formation for us with the players we have, and I think he and Les have made some good signings.

I'd like us to play with more width, but I think JFH wants the same.

Frankly, from Hoos to Ferdinand to JFH, we appear to finally be run competently and with QPR's best interests at heart. I do not understand why so many fans are disillusioned, why LR isn't full, and why the wider fan base isn't excited.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024