Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anderlecht Striker Incoming 18:09 - Aug 29 with 18113 viewsaston_hoop

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-agree-deal-sign-anderlecht-striker

[Post edited 29 Aug 2016 18:11]

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Anderlecht Striker Incoming on 13:42 - Aug 31 with 1703 viewsTacticalR

@Hunterhoop 'I do not understand why so many fans are disillusioned, why LR isn't full, and why the wider fan base isn't excited.'

After our brief forays into the glamorous world of the Premiership, perhaps not everybody buys into the idea of no frills football.

Air hostess clique

Anderlecht Striker Incoming on 14:01 - Aug 31 with 1644 viewsHunterhoop

Anderlecht Striker Incoming on 13:42 - Aug 31 by TacticalR

@Hunterhoop 'I do not understand why so many fans are disillusioned, why LR isn't full, and why the wider fan base isn't excited.'

After our brief forays into the glamorous world of the Premiership, perhaps not everybody buys into the idea of no frills football.

Well, yes. I was implying that perhaps that is a reason. However, it's not like our foray was a shining success, is it?! And it's not like the fanbase was all happy clappy at the time; many moaned like hell about us doing it the wrong way, losing our identity, paying millions to wasters, etc. All of that was true. We're now correcting those behaviours, doing things the "right" way, and how we used to....and yet, everyone is still moaning because we're not getting instant success.

And as Longsuffering was alluding to, changing these things above takes time to come to fruition. It's not straightforward nor easy...and doesn't mean instant success.

Frankly, I think our fanbase has a big role to play this season, and we need to up our game:
- turn up
- be more positive
- be louder in support of the tam
- not fly off he handle when teams beat us or we play badly
- try to positively influence performance on the pitch not react negatively to it

Do this, and I think we can genuinely make the play offs. It's doesn't mean we definitely will, but we have a chance, and it'll be more fun along the way. Be negative, sniping, critical and maintain lofty, arrogant expectations of success and Barcelona-esque football and we will almost certainly not make the play offs/have an enjoyable season.

Our fans have been much worse than the team so far this season....but have proven, during seasons under Olly and Warnock that we can be brilliant. I'm convinced the fans carried the team through those last few weeks of the Warnock promotion season. I also think they dragged the team down under Ramsey last year.

What are the club (Hoos, Les, JFH) doing "wrong" at the minute? Genuinely, it's very little. They are approaching things as we, the majority of the fans, asked for. So, get behind and support them. Christ, we're even on little cup run!
Anderlecht Striker Incoming on 14:05 - Aug 31 with 1630 viewspaulparker

I do not understand why so many fans are disillusioned, why LR isn't full, and why the wider fan base isn't excited.

well I think that comes down to a few things

QPR will always have a core support of 12-14k no matter how bad things get , we would have lost a lot of the "tourists" after our relegation
we have always had floating support and if we do well expect another 2-3k to come out and support the club

I would say that after the Preston game I wouldn't be in a hurry to rush back
£28-£35 for that is a lot of money to some people and we are not very attack minded these days under jimmy , last year would have put a lot of people off going as regular as they do you could count on one hand the amount of entertaining games we saw ,
now I like JFH ive said on numerous occasions that we will be dark horses and that we will be a lot solid this year , to some that doesn't get the juices flowing and this will take time for fans to accept ,

personally I do think the club is run better on and off the pitch we are doing things right
the job Les has done in my eyes has been good (bar Ramsey, perch & Toszer )
I was talking to a fan at Preston (ST holder) who was slaughtering JFH & Les
im mr pessimistic but even I was taken aback & that's the problem we have is getting people buying into rangers being rangers again , we are starting from scratch again

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

(No subject) (n/t) on 14:15 - Aug 31 with 1605 viewsHunterhoop

Anderlecht Striker Incoming on 14:05 - Aug 31 by paulparker

I do not understand why so many fans are disillusioned, why LR isn't full, and why the wider fan base isn't excited.

well I think that comes down to a few things

QPR will always have a core support of 12-14k no matter how bad things get , we would have lost a lot of the "tourists" after our relegation
we have always had floating support and if we do well expect another 2-3k to come out and support the club

I would say that after the Preston game I wouldn't be in a hurry to rush back
£28-£35 for that is a lot of money to some people and we are not very attack minded these days under jimmy , last year would have put a lot of people off going as regular as they do you could count on one hand the amount of entertaining games we saw ,
now I like JFH ive said on numerous occasions that we will be dark horses and that we will be a lot solid this year , to some that doesn't get the juices flowing and this will take time for fans to accept ,

personally I do think the club is run better on and off the pitch we are doing things right
the job Les has done in my eyes has been good (bar Ramsey, perch & Toszer )
I was talking to a fan at Preston (ST holder) who was slaughtering JFH & Les
im mr pessimistic but even I was taken aback & that's the problem we have is getting people buying into rangers being rangers again , we are starting from scratch again

Anderlecht Striker Incoming on 14:26 - Aug 31 with 1579 viewsNorthernr

Anderlecht Striker Incoming on 13:42 - Aug 31 by TacticalR

Don't remember many frills in the Premier League. We lost every week and it cost me £54 to get in.
Anderlecht Striker Incoming on 14:50 - Aug 31 with 1523 viewsPinnerPaul

Anderlecht Striker Incoming on 14:26 - Aug 31 by Northernr

Don't remember many frills in the Premier League. We lost every week and it cost me £54 to get in.

The quality of the football and footballer was better, just a shame it was all on the "wrong" side of the pitch!

Seriously, the few games that were worth the money were very very good and light years from The Championship.

I'm thinking Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool at home, THAT match v John Terry and the best in terms of quality and entertainment - the 3-2 defeat v Man City.
Anderlecht Striker Incoming on 14:53 - Aug 31 with 1498 viewsfrancisbowles

Anderlecht Striker Incoming on 14:01 - Aug 31 by Hunterhoop

Well, yes. I was implying that perhaps that is a reason. However, it's not like our foray was a shining success, is it?! And it's not like the fanbase was all happy clappy at the time; many moaned like hell about us doing it the wrong way, losing our identity, paying millions to wasters, etc. All of that was true. We're now correcting those behaviours, doing things the "right" way, and how we used to....and yet, everyone is still moaning because we're not getting instant success.

And as Longsuffering was alluding to, changing these things above takes time to come to fruition. It's not straightforward nor easy...and doesn't mean instant success.

Frankly, I think our fanbase has a big role to play this season, and we need to up our game:
- turn up
- be more positive
- be louder in support of the tam
- not fly off he handle when teams beat us or we play badly
- try to positively influence performance on the pitch not react negatively to it

Do this, and I think we can genuinely make the play offs. It's doesn't mean we definitely will, but we have a chance, and it'll be more fun along the way. Be negative, sniping, critical and maintain lofty, arrogant expectations of success and Barcelona-esque football and we will almost certainly not make the play offs/have an enjoyable season.

Our fans have been much worse than the team so far this season....but have proven, during seasons under Olly and Warnock that we can be brilliant. I'm convinced the fans carried the team through those last few weeks of the Warnock promotion season. I also think they dragged the team down under Ramsey last year.

What are the club (Hoos, Les, JFH) doing "wrong" at the minute? Genuinely, it's very little. They are approaching things as we, the majority of the fans, asked for. So, get behind and support them. Christ, we're even on little cup run!

Think it also comes down to: You can please some of the people all of the time, all of the people some of the time but you can't please all of the people all of the time!
To paraphrase Abraham Lincoln.
Anderlecht Striker Incoming on 14:58 - Aug 31 with 1470 viewsqueensparker

I think a lot of the fanbase torpor is because after the last two times, a lot of the hardcore support aren't really that arsed about getting into the Premier again, or certainly not with this current squad/team anyway. The hangers-on who only know about the glitz and glamour of the top league all fecked off when we stopped spending money.

Going up with Warnock and after the play-offs it was massively exciting, a new dawn for the club, we were going to stay up and we had the money to make it happen. Instead we humiliated ourselves (twice) and wasted a disgusting amount of cash on paying w*nkers to discredit our club.

For a lot of fans (certainly me anyway), it feels a bit odd playing in the Championship now. I don't want us to go up as plucky underdogs again, as we'll just go through the same old rubbish as last time, and what's the point of being in a league if you don't want to win it?
Login to get fewer ads

Anderlecht Striker Incoming on 14:59 - Aug 31 with 1464 viewsTacticalR

Anderlecht Striker Incoming on 14:26 - Aug 31 by Northernr

Not all frills are good.

Air hostess clique

Anderlecht Striker Incoming on 15:08 - Aug 31 with 1439 viewsBushman

QPR 3 Bagsnatachingknuts 2 one of the best games EVER at HQ

I know almost nothing about the Premier League even though I try to catch the big games every now and then at the end of the season. But I will say this, Queens Park Rangers is just a fukking sick ass team name. Just sounds so cool.

Anderlecht Striker Incoming on 17:21 - Sep 6 with 1202 viewsenfieldargh

anderlecht turned down 8.5 million for him last season!!!!!!

THey could have got Sandro for that

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024