Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph 21:32 - Sep 28 with 99189 viewsgobbles

The Telegraph ‏@Telegraph 1m1 minute ago
Latest #football4sale allegations concern Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink at QPR, Tommy Wright of Barnsley and Leeds' Massimo Cellino
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 12:27 - Sep 29 with 3027 viewsdaveB

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 12:19 - Sep 29 by The_Mole

Agreed - but how he now deals with this will now make or break him as a DOF (IMHO)

Ferdinand can't win here.

Really when you break it down if JFH has it in his contract, as is being reported that he can do commercial work in his own time, then there is no real grounds to sack him. If that happens he'll be slated for standing by his man and will look weak.

If he sacks him I think he'll get support from the fans but will be open to legal action from JFH for unfair dismissal similar to what Allardyce could have done if he hadn't offered to quit.

The way it looks to me the decision is with JFH, if he agrees to go thats the end of it but if he doesn't then it;s a very difficult decision the club has to make
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 12:27 - Sep 29 with 3026 viewsElHoop

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 12:22 - Sep 29 by adhoc_qpr

From a practical/cynical perspective, i wonder if how difficult we found it to appoint a manager last time will factor into the decision to back or sack JFH?

With no one obvious in-house to step up (Ramsey surely won't want to be jerked around again!), finding a decent replacement could be tricky and time consuming and leave us in real relegation trouble.

Better in that case to try and ride it out given the lack of evidence of any real wrongdoing.

It's pretty clearly exactly what they are doing. The more i think about it, if you've got faith in the current board and DOF then you've got to let them get on with it. Compared to a year ago we're already in a better place and if the football could get a bit better and we start winning again then all this will be water under the bridge within a few weeks.
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 12:33 - Sep 29 with 2974 viewsGloryHunter

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 11:42 - Sep 29 by Hooparoo

I think his credibility is shot and he will lose the respect of the players so best for all concerned if he goes. Lets be the club that gets our soul back by saying no to any whiff of corruption.

As my (late) dad always said "Never sell your integrity as you can never buy it back at any price".
[Post edited 29 Sep 2016 11:44]

Or . . . let's be the club that gets its soul back by standing by the manager, who has been the victim of a shady attempted sting.

Let's face it, after this he's never going to be so stupid again.
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 12:36 - Sep 29 with 2940 viewsBrightonhoop

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 12:11 - Sep 29 by robith

Well maybe I'm being overly harsh because this kind of thing happens to me all the time. An offer of coffee or a lunch to "tell me new developments potentially really good for my client"- then halfway through a desperate salesperson offering all kinds of inducements to get them on my plan - been offered playstations, FA Cup final tickets, even 2.5% of whatever I get clients to spend. For me it's pretty simple, no winks or looking uncomfortable - plain straight "no thanks". If it ever got out mine and my agency's rep would be in tatters.

So yeah, I am being harsh, and as I said it doesn't look as bad as it sounded last night. But he really should've been telling them to do one

Nail on head. Should have just referred it to his agent. Shouldn't be in the room. It looks terrible, like he went looking for it. What an idiot.

Got a far greater understanding now of Arry's reactions to a DoF calling it a 'stupid role' if memory serves me well. Well he would, wouldn't he.
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 12:38 - Sep 29 with 2902 viewsstevec

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 12:09 - Sep 29 by kensalriser

So why didn't he just refer the enquiry to his agent if it was simply a speaking gig?

And really, does anyone seriously believe that anyone in the entire world would want to pay Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink £55K just for talking nothing for a couple of evenings? You've seen his post-match interviews, he's as dull as ditchwater and utterly humourless. You can't compare him to Redknapp, who is incomparably better known.

The level of denial on here is staggering.

Staggering and hilarious.

If they did stand by him then my first thought and probably many others would be ''what the hell has JFH got on them?''

Either he goes or the whole place looks rotten.
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 12:42 - Sep 29 with 2865 viewsSuffolkHoop

At the end of the piece when JFH is talking about players does anyone else get the impression he's playing along a little? Seems to me as though he's taking the piss in a "yeah yeah yeah I'll sign all your players" type way. Can't help but think he's been stitched up proper here.
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 12:47 - Sep 29 with 2813 viewsLongsufferingR

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 12:19 - Sep 29 by The_Mole

Agreed - but how he now deals with this will now make or break him as a DOF (IMHO)

Ulterior agenda alert!!!
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 12:47 - Sep 29 with 2812 viewsNW10Hoop

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 12:27 - Sep 29 by daveB

Really when you break it down if JFH has it in his contract, as is being reported that he can do commercial work in his own time, then there is no real grounds to sack him. If that happens he'll be slated for standing by his man and will look weak.

If he sacks him I think he'll get support from the fans but will be open to legal action from JFH for unfair dismissal similar to what Allardyce could have done if he hadn't offered to quit.

The way it looks to me the decision is with JFH, if he agrees to go thats the end of it but if he doesn't then it;s a very difficult decision the club has to make

Although, he is only on a one year rolling contract, and it could be argued that results, combined with current controversy not meeting the clubs code of conduct guidelines.... As long as the reasons for termination are worded properly the club should be fine.

I'm not saying I want JFH sacked though. I still think he could have a bright future and if the club (and fans) stand by him, he'll owe Les, Lee, Tony, and us - the fans big time.
Login to get fewer ads

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 12:48 - Sep 29 with 2801 viewsingeminate

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 12:27 - Sep 29 by daveB

Sacking him isn't the problem, managers get sacked all the time. It's what sort of pay off he would get.

You would just wait a few weeks and sack for poor performance.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 12:48 - Sep 29 with 2793 viewsSuffolkHoop

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 12:47 - Sep 29 by NW10Hoop

Although, he is only on a one year rolling contract, and it could be argued that results, combined with current controversy not meeting the clubs code of conduct guidelines.... As long as the reasons for termination are worded properly the club should be fine.

I'm not saying I want JFH sacked though. I still think he could have a bright future and if the club (and fans) stand by him, he'll owe Les, Lee, Tony, and us - the fans big time.

Yes, I personally think we should stick by him.
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 12:51 - Sep 29 with 2760 viewsNortholt_Rs

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 12:07 - Sep 29 by Northernr

I knew the manager meeting undercover reporters of his own accord and arranging a dodgy deal would somehow work out to reflect badly on Ferdinand..

This post has been edited by an administrator

Not if he reacts in the the way a DOF should North...

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 12:54 - Sep 29 with 2724 viewsLongsufferingR

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 12:51 - Sep 29 by Northolt_Rs

Not if he reacts in the the way a DOF should North...

However he reacts, there are some on here that will batter him for it. Personally, I would trust LF and LH to get the decision right. Haven't got a clue what my decision would be in the circumstances, particularly as neither me nor anyone else on here has all the facts to hand.
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 12:57 - Sep 29 with 2701 viewsElHoop

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 12:54 - Sep 29 by LongsufferingR

However he reacts, there are some on here that will batter him for it. Personally, I would trust LF and LH to get the decision right. Haven't got a clue what my decision would be in the circumstances, particularly as neither me nor anyone else on here has all the facts to hand.

Exactly, and if you don't trust them then there's not much point in defending them.
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 12:59 - Sep 29 with 2669 viewsDando

whether he has done anything wrong or not seems too late now to me. This has caused a lot of disruption already and sounds to me like many fans have turned against him. Seems beyond repair at this stage, cant see any other choice but for him to leave if we want the club to stay on track to an improved future
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 13:02 - Sep 29 with 2637 viewsLblock

ODH statement on Sky "Sky Sports News HQ understands the QPR boss was close to tears on Wednesday evening"

So was I on Tuesday night Jimmy my old son.... first when I saw Karl Henry on the team sheet
and then again in the 98th minute.... bored to tears

Just go man.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 13:07 - Sep 29 with 2588 viewstraininvain

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 12:42 - Sep 29 by SuffolkHoop

At the end of the piece when JFH is talking about players does anyone else get the impression he's playing along a little? Seems to me as though he's taking the piss in a "yeah yeah yeah I'll sign all your players" type way. Can't help but think he's been stitched up proper here.

Exactly what I thought. It would've been a bit rude to say no after they've just offered him 50 bags to speak at a conference.

And JFH knows that any signings need to be signed off by Sir Les etc so probably not much harm in saying yeah we'll take a look.
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 13:09 - Sep 29 with 2563 viewscorse

blimey.
the guy has three hands.
``my two hands are clean from this mess. look.``
... not sure about the third one though...

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 13:12 - Sep 29 with 2542 viewsHoopsarrr

Does Jimmy now fall into the category as one of the 'bad eggs'?
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 13:15 - Sep 29 with 2499 viewsTGRRRSSS

Well he doesn't look like the best one out the box right now.

This is bad for a young up and coming manager who whatever way yopu look at it doesn't look entirely focused on his job as a manager, which doesn't look great at that level and those wages.

I'd love to know now exactly what he's earning, to hear some you'd think he was on minimum wage.
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 13:17 - Sep 29 with 2469 viewsGaryT

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 13:07 - Sep 29 by traininvain

Exactly what I thought. It would've been a bit rude to say no after they've just offered him 50 bags to speak at a conference.

And JFH knows that any signings need to be signed off by Sir Les etc so probably not much harm in saying yeah we'll take a look.

That's pretty much what it comes down to but it would seem for some that his guilt partly depends on his recent form and previous employers. Thank God none of us have to sit through THAT internal enquiry:

"Everybody in my office...

Right, it would seem that you've all had your hands in the cookie jar and there's no point in denying it, you've all got crumbs on your trousers. As you are all as guilty as each other there's only one way to resolve it.....Colin, your sales figures are shit, you're fired....everybody else, back to work".
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 13:22 - Sep 29 with 2418 viewsTGRRRSSS

BTW people feeling sorry for Ferdinand and his dilemma ought to remember this is a job to him for which he will be paid well, we aint a 2 bit charity scratching around for tuppence hapenny here.

It will though be an experience for him to go through however I am sure the board and LH will be involved in any firing decision.
Doubt LF alone could fire such an employee of his own back.
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 13:25 - Sep 29 with 2385 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 13:22 - Sep 29 by TGRRRSSS

BTW people feeling sorry for Ferdinand and his dilemma ought to remember this is a job to him for which he will be paid well, we aint a 2 bit charity scratching around for tuppence hapenny here.

It will though be an experience for him to go through however I am sure the board and LH will be involved in any firing decision.
Doubt LF alone could fire such an employee of his own back.

Agree. This will not be exclusively Ferdinand's call.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 13:33 - Sep 29 with 2291 viewsElHoop

18794 views?

This is our best crowd of the season!
Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 13:35 - Sep 29 with 2243 viewsFloridaR

A clear vision for me is to get rid of JFH and replace with Steve Mclaren.

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink: Happy I'm the 'chosen one'

Hasselbaink in the Telegraph on 13:40 - Sep 29 with 2188 viewsAitch

How come JFH is getting so much flak when Mark Hughes spent his entire time at QPR pouring the clubs money into Kia Joorabchians wallet? If anyone deserves investigating it's that dodgy fecker.
[Post edited 29 Sep 2016 13:42]

TPFKA Stans_Left_Foot

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024