Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ollie talks after game 16:22 - Dec 27 with 12674 viewsbosh67

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/teams/brighton-and-hove-alb

Interesting that we have two players in that starting 11 who can't speak enough English. I am sure the club must be addressing this but with what the club has and what the players earn, surely intensive English lessons can't be beyond the realms of achievement?

Ollie is down in this, but not out. He's right, we do need a bit of luck, but overall the players need to be a bit tougher out there and help themselves through this as well.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Ollie talks after game on 16:37 - Dec 27 with 6228 viewsNorthernr

I'm not having this. Chelsea have won 12 straight matches with one English player in their team. English players are fewer and further between in most Premier League sides now. We're seeing teams doing just fine made up of a dozen internationals or more - look at bloody Watford for goodness sake. We shouldn't be struggling to integrate one Pole and one French bloke.
Ollie talks after game on 16:43 - Dec 27 with 6170 viewsBillericayR

I thought with these players we should have been challenging for a play off place ??

Ollie, plenty of passion, but has no plan - Bircham just does not inspire.
Ollie talks after game on 16:45 - Dec 27 with 6151 viewsDejR_vu

IH is looking a very poor manager. No decent manager loses six on the spin. Within those six we've now conceded 11 and scored 1, so he's managed -10 goal difference in that run. Even taking the Norwich game into account, he's managed four points from 21 with -8 goal difference. Appalling.

He came in saying that he had all the 'clubs', lovely footballers, wanted to develop what he's got etc. etc. Now talking about players not being able to communicate, getting some in in January.

He's taken a team heading to League 1 and accelerated the process.

TF is well-intentioned but clueless. But, in fairness, at least he recognises that. But the people he has appointed as 'football people' to overcome that naivety are even worse. They are well-intentioned as well, but just as clueless, but without the excuses. Blind leading the blind.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Ollie talks after game on 16:46 - Dec 27 with 6148 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Ollie talks after game on 16:37 - Dec 27 by Northernr

I'm not having this. Chelsea have won 12 straight matches with one English player in their team. English players are fewer and further between in most Premier League sides now. We're seeing teams doing just fine made up of a dozen internationals or more - look at bloody Watford for goodness sake. We shouldn't be struggling to integrate one Pole and one French bloke.

To be fair Chelsea are playing other side full of foreigners too. That Brighton side didn't have many newcomers to Britain in it.

However I agree it isn't the reason we self destructed at a throw in.
Ollie talks after game on 16:47 - Dec 27 with 6132 viewskensalriser

I know I keep banging this drum but Bircham has zero experience as a first team coach at any serious level. What are we doing?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Ollie talks after game on 16:48 - Dec 27 with 6121 viewsDejR_vu

Ollie talks after game on 16:47 - Dec 27 by kensalriser

I know I keep banging this drum but Bircham has zero experience as a first team coach at any serious level. What are we doing?

Indeed, but he loves the club............

Ollie talks after game on 16:51 - Dec 27 with 6096 viewsJigsore

and won 3-2

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Ollie talks after game on 16:55 - Dec 27 with 6065 viewsBillericayR

Perhaps it is Ollies accent that is the problem as in that bloody advert when the players were staring at him as though he was mad.

Every other word being a "F" is also not too clever.
Login to get fewer ads

Ollie talks after game on 16:56 - Dec 27 with 6053 viewsDejR_vu

Ollie talks after game on 16:51 - Dec 27 by Jigsore

and won 3-2

They also have a high turnover of managers which we're lead to believe never works. Or perhaps they have someone in charge who knows what they are doing, making good appointments each time, rather than getting it wrong time and time again. If we carry on like this we won't be stopping in League 1.

Ollie talks after game on 16:56 - Dec 27 with 6053 viewsR_from_afar

The sort of things that need to be communicated are very simple things and also the sort of things that experienced footballers should be expecting to hear.

It's not as if they are listening out for detailed instructions on how to safely decommission a nuclear reactor. It's stuff like "mark the runner".

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Ollie talks after game on 16:57 - Dec 27 with 6042 viewsHollowayRanger

get on with BREXIT and KICK the lot of them out ,lets see who has the best team then

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Ollie talks after game on 17:00 - Dec 27 with 6020 viewsJigsore

Ollie talks after game on 16:56 - Dec 27 by DejR_vu

They also have a high turnover of managers which we're lead to believe never works. Or perhaps they have someone in charge who knows what they are doing, making good appointments each time, rather than getting it wrong time and time again. If we carry on like this we won't be stopping in League 1.

i'm just saying I don't really buy into the fact we look disjointed because we have foreign players. Most of them will speak perfectly adequate English and even Sylla, who i'm led to believe knows only alittle, is going to learn some simple football speak inside the first week. Most of it's pretty universal.

I mean the England team are English and it's not like it does them any good

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Ollie talks after game on 17:06 - Dec 27 with 5972 viewsDejR_vu

Ollie talks after game on 17:00 - Dec 27 by Jigsore

i'm just saying I don't really buy into the fact we look disjointed because we have foreign players. Most of them will speak perfectly adequate English and even Sylla, who i'm led to believe knows only alittle, is going to learn some simple football speak inside the first week. Most of it's pretty universal.

I mean the England team are English and it's not like it does them any good

I'm agreeing with you

Ollie talks after game on 17:09 - Dec 27 with 5950 viewsNorthernr

I'm not saying it's not difficult to integrate European players into a Championship side. They're cheap for a reason, the Championship is tough, it takes even the best foreigners a long time to settle into the English game etc. Agree with all of that. But this idea that because Sylla and Wzsolek don't speak English (Yeni, Borys and the others do) and that's a big problem I'm not buying.
Ollie talks after game on 17:09 - Dec 27 with 5946 viewsMelakaRanger

It's not the nationality of the players that's the issue. It matters not if they are all French, English or Chinese. The issue is communications. If QPRcomprised a full team & management of French speakers there would be no issue.

It also matters not if it's a football squad or an office or a restaurant or whatever.

If a portion of your "workers" cannot speak the same language and therefore cannot understand their instructions, how can they comply, how can they listen for updated instructions from the bench or their captain/manager. How can the 'leaders' lead/coach/motivate/reprimand?

It's not just football that this would apply. Just imagine your own working environment and that 20% just could not communicate with the others and vice versa.
Ollie talks after game on 17:11 - Dec 27 with 5913 viewsJigsore

Ollie talks after game on 17:06 - Dec 27 by DejR_vu

I'm agreeing with you

oh sorry, i've been doing a lot of tedious reading recently and i've become accustomed to only actually digesting about half the words in a sentence...

Ollie talks after game on 17:12 - Dec 27 with 5911 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Ollie talks after game on 17:09 - Dec 27 by Northernr

I'm not saying it's not difficult to integrate European players into a Championship side. They're cheap for a reason, the Championship is tough, it takes even the best foreigners a long time to settle into the English game etc. Agree with all of that. But this idea that because Sylla and Wzsolek don't speak English (Yeni, Borys and the others do) and that's a big problem I'm not buying.

Maybe it's not their nationality but rather the fact they've never played in the FL, because in that case 4 out of that starting 11 are under that category.
Ollie talks after game on 17:12 - Dec 27 with 5908 viewsNorthernr

Ollie talks after game on 17:09 - Dec 27 by MelakaRanger

It's not the nationality of the players that's the issue. It matters not if they are all French, English or Chinese. The issue is communications. If QPRcomprised a full team & management of French speakers there would be no issue.

It also matters not if it's a football squad or an office or a restaurant or whatever.

If a portion of your "workers" cannot speak the same language and therefore cannot understand their instructions, how can they comply, how can they listen for updated instructions from the bench or their captain/manager. How can the 'leaders' lead/coach/motivate/reprimand?

It's not just football that this would apply. Just imagine your own working environment and that 20% just could not communicate with the others and vice versa.

Do me a favour, we've got two non-English speakers.
Ollie talks after game on 17:14 - Dec 27 with 5889 viewsDejR_vu

If you could lay the blame for the last six results squarely at the feet of the couple of players that don't speak English it might have a little credibility. But you clearly can't. And what's the excuse for the other nine that can speak English?

Ollie talks after game on 17:14 - Dec 27 with 5884 views2Thomas2Bowles

I thought what he said was a honest appraisal, cherry picking about language to me is just wanting to knock him.

As for bringing chelscum in to it as a comparison with our 3rd rate lot is laughable.
[Post edited 27 Dec 2016 17:16]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Ollie talks after game on 17:22 - Dec 27 with 5834 viewsstowmarketrange

I do work with 10-15 people who don't speak English.They have one of their countrymen working in the transport office to translate the instructions to them.
We all work together but we aren't really a team.
Ollie talks after game on 17:26 - Dec 27 with 5810 viewsdolcelatte

Can anyone name 1 player who has actually showed some sign of improvement under IH?

Poll: Are you sick of people asking if you are sick of polls?

Ollie talks after game on 17:28 - Dec 27 with 5782 viewsstowmarketrange

Ollie talks after game on 17:26 - Dec 27 by dolcelatte

Can anyone name 1 player who has actually showed some sign of improvement under IH?

Can anyone name somebody who has improved since they came to our club at any time in the last 5-10 years,apart from Austin?
Ollie talks after game on 17:34 - Dec 27 with 5737 viewsFloridaR

Jan transfer window, I can't see anyone of ability wanting to play for us right now & most likely be lesser players from League 1 or couple expensive end of career journeymen.

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink: Happy I'm the 'chosen one'

Ollie talks after game on 17:36 - Dec 27 with 5718 viewsDejR_vu

Ollie talks after game on 17:34 - Dec 27 by FloridaR

Jan transfer window, I can't see anyone of ability wanting to play for us right now & most likely be lesser players from League 1 or couple expensive end of career journeymen.

Best we can hope for is a couple of decent loans who know they can walk away after six months

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024