Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Theresa May 21:20 - Jun 10 with 23169 viewseasthertsr

Has there ever been a poorer election campaign? I'm trying to think of a more incompetent, awful, pitiful effort. A year of saying that you won't call an early election. Then you do after a budget u turn. Then you do another u turn in the middle of the campaign. All the while you refuse to take part in the televised debate. I'm trying to think of a reason why this talentless woman should be prime minister but I've run out of any excuse!
Theresa May on 21:30 - Jun 10 with 6043 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

I agree that it was a terrible performance, but the level of scrutiny these days is unprecedented, so it's hard to compare to previous elections. I mean, just look at all the threads on this website. That's just a drop in the ocean!

Having said that. It was terrible!

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Theresa May on 21:41 - Jun 10 with 6019 views2Thomas2Bowles

I'm sure one of our tory supporters on here will be along to defend her or try to deflect on to someone else soon.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Theresa May on 22:07 - Jun 10 with 5983 viewsWatford_Ranger

I honestly think she was trying to throw it to not have to deal with Brexit. I don't think at her best she's up to much but I can't find any plausible explanation for it.

If you voted for this Tory party you'd vote for a turd dressed in blue.
Theresa May on 22:08 - Jun 10 with 5983 viewsLazyFan

Theresa May on 21:41 - Jun 10 by 2Thomas2Bowles

I'm sure one of our tory supporters on here will be along to defend her or try to deflect on to someone else soon.

Yes of course.
Because Corbyn would be alone and a disaster. According to like everyone except the voters. Well this is what the right-wing press tell me anyway.

"It's the Sun wot lost it"

zzzzzzzzzz

Theresa May on 22:11 - Jun 10 with 5968 viewsQPR_John

Theresa May on 21:41 - Jun 10 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Worse campaign I can remember
Theresa May on 22:27 - Jun 10 with 5928 viewsstowmarketrange

To make it worse she has climbed into bed with former terrorists in order to cling on.The very thing that she and her cronies accused the opposition of doing.Has this woman no shame or integrity?
And that's without mentioning a coalition of chaos that she warned us about.

She now tells us that we need certainty before the brexit negotiations.If she was that concerned about it why did she need to call an election in the first place?
Theresa May on 22:29 - Jun 10 with 5922 viewsNorthernr

Devil's advocate mode - worst campaign any of us can ever remember, but did still win.
Theresa May on 22:35 - Jun 10 with 5893 views2Thomas2Bowles

Theresa May on 22:29 - Jun 10 by Northernr

Devil's advocate mode - worst campaign any of us can ever remember, but did still win.

In office but hardly a win

Login to get fewer ads

Theresa May on 22:36 - Jun 10 with 5890 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Devil's advocate back to you. What did she win?

Theresa May on 22:47 - Jun 10 with 5860 viewsNorthernr

Theresa May on 22:36 - Jun 10 by CliveWilsonSaid

Devil's advocate back to you. What did she win?

The election - more votes, more seats.

I'm being slightly contrary here because obviously it was a fcking disaster for her but the tories did still 'win' and Labour finished second.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Theresa May on 22:52 - Jun 10 with 5837 views2Thomas2Bowles

Theresa May on 22:47 - Jun 10 by Northernr

I'm being slightly contrary here because obviously it was a fcking disaster for her but the tories did still 'win' and Labour finished second.

If it were a 2 horse race I would agree but it's not
[Post edited 10 Jun 2017 22:53]

Theresa May on 22:57 - Jun 10 with 5820 viewsNorthernr

Theresa May on 22:52 - Jun 10 by 2Thomas2Bowles

If it were a 2 horse race I would agree but it's not
[Post edited 10 Jun 2017 22:53]

Yeh that's the thing, it's not really something you can disagree with - she got the most seats and the most votes.

You could, should you wish, say, rightly, that she ran the worst campaign anybody can ever remember and Labour still didn't beat her.
Theresa May on 23:03 - Jun 10 with 5799 viewsjohncharles

Not quite the full picture though. Having been 10-0 up at half time they scraped a draw.

Strong and stable my arse.

Theresa May on 23:06 - Jun 10 with 5797 views2Thomas2Bowles

Theresa May on 22:57 - Jun 10 by Northernr

Yeh that's the thing, it's not really something you can disagree with - she got the most seats and the most votes.

You could, should you wish, say, rightly, that she ran the worst campaign anybody can ever remember and Labour still didn't beat her.

I concede that Labour did not beat them but by anyones standard they diminished the tory power to the point they can not govern with any real power. to me that's a win for Labour and it's a tory lose.
What was the line she used about JC Naked ?

This king/Queen has no clothes and wearing borrowed shoes.
[Post edited 10 Jun 2017 23:27]

Theresa May on 23:07 - Jun 10 with 5790 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Theresa May on 22:47 - Jun 10 by Northernr

Yes she won the election but she's got less seats than she had before and she's lost just about everyone's respect. On all sides. I can't see any way back from this unless they play a fcking blinder at brexit negotiations.

Anyway roll on the footie!

Theresa May on 23:26 - Jun 10 with 5735 viewsDannytheR

The thing is, you can read this situation whichever way you want without necessarily being wrong. The other way to interpret it is that between them, an "unelectable" leader who was going to destroy the Labour party and a raft of policies supposedly far too radical for the British public to ever accept ended up winning the party a (far) higher share of the vote than at any time since the early days of Blair, and producing the biggest swing to Labour since Atlee in 1945.

The legacy of the Blairites was a completely hollowed out support base - Scotland had gone, the north was vanishing, and everyone south of the Peak District was a write-off. In fact, for all the hyperbole from Tristram Hunt etc, it turned out it was them who had half-wrecked the party as an electoral force and it's Corbyn who's dragged it back to relevance.

And I say all this as someone who was very, very sceptical about Corbyn personally, and even more so about his ability to get anyone else to vote for him.

Again, the other big unknown/subjective opinion is whether this Labour comeback is a one-off and a high water mark, or actually the start of something bigger. Given the demographics involved, and the prospect of Boris Johnson doing his weird homoerotic manhandling routine while attempting to become PM, I would say it's very much the latter.
[Post edited 10 Jun 2017 23:26]
Theresa May on 23:42 - Jun 10 with 5696 views2Thomas2Bowles

Theresa May on 23:26 - Jun 10 by DannytheR

The thing is, you can read this situation whichever way you want without necessarily being wrong. The other way to interpret it is that between them, an "unelectable" leader who was going to destroy the Labour party and a raft of policies supposedly far too radical for the British public to ever accept ended up winning the party a (far) higher share of the vote than at any time since the early days of Blair, and producing the biggest swing to Labour since Atlee in 1945.

The legacy of the Blairites was a completely hollowed out support base - Scotland had gone, the north was vanishing, and everyone south of the Peak District was a write-off. In fact, for all the hyperbole from Tristram Hunt etc, it turned out it was them who had half-wrecked the party as an electoral force and it's Corbyn who's dragged it back to relevance.

And I say all this as someone who was very, very sceptical about Corbyn personally, and even more so about his ability to get anyone else to vote for him.

Again, the other big unknown/subjective opinion is whether this Labour comeback is a one-off and a high water mark, or actually the start of something bigger. Given the demographics involved, and the prospect of Boris Johnson doing his weird homoerotic manhandling routine while attempting to become PM, I would say it's very much the latter.
[Post edited 10 Jun 2017 23:26]

You have to wait for your moment and some will say this was their moment and failed, I disagree.

Things are going to get much worse for the tories now they have little power, teaming up with the DUP something no government has ever done and brexit falling apart.

They do need to show that they are a strong opposition party and build on it and should be planning for another election in the autumn as I don't see this government lasting very long.

A winter of discontent in the NHS, Schools, rail strikes and so on would finish the tories if they left an election any longer.
[Post edited 10 Jun 2017 23:52]

Theresa May on 23:52 - Jun 10 with 5672 viewsSimonJames

Theresa May on 23:07 - Jun 10 by CliveWilsonSaid

Yes she won the election but she's got less seats than she had before and she's lost just about everyone's respect. On all sides. I can't see any way back from this unless they play a fcking blinder at brexit negotiations.

Anyway roll on the footie!

Lost everyone's respect... but somehow managed to get 2,332,637 more votes than Cameron got in 2015! Hmm...

P.s. I'm still glad it's a hung parliament as it will cause the Tories to rethink their unpopular policies before they win the next election.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Theresa May on 00:02 - Jun 11 with 5644 viewsstowmarketrange

Theresa May on 23:52 - Jun 10 by SimonJames

Lost everyone's respect... but somehow managed to get 2,332,637 more votes than Cameron got in 2015! Hmm...

P.s. I'm still glad it's a hung parliament as it will cause the Tories to rethink their unpopular policies before they win the next election.

That was only because of the collapse of the ukip and SNP vote.
Theresa May on 00:16 - Jun 11 with 5612 views2Thomas2Bowles

Theresa May on 00:02 - Jun 11 by stowmarketrange

That was only because of the collapse of the ukip and SNP vote.

Add in that a lot of people that are LGBT will be pissed off that they joined up with the DUP
[Post edited 11 Jun 2017 8:33]

Theresa May on 00:32 - Jun 11 with 5587 viewsBrightonhoop

Theresa May on 22:27 - Jun 10 by stowmarketrange

To make it worse she has climbed into bed with former terrorists in order to cling on.The very thing that she and her cronies accused the opposition of doing.Has this woman no shame or integrity?
And that's without mentioning a coalition of chaos that she warned us about.

She now tells us that we need certainty before the brexit negotiations.If she was that concerned about it why did she need to call an election in the first place?

There is no such thing as a former terrorist.

You cross that line, you stay there. UDA, IRA, ISIS, scum. Murdering bastard scum, Irish Iraqi, makes no difference to those of us who were bombed.
Now the vermin cockroaches are in Downing Street. No surrender. And no forgiveness.
Show me a former terrorist. And I'll show you a cowardly cnt. No excuses or forgiveness for ever and a day.
Your Tories. Your excuses.
Theresa May on 00:34 - Jun 11 with 5583 viewsstowmarketrange

Theresa May on 00:16 - Jun 11 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Add in that a lot of people that are LGBT will be pissed off that they joined up with the DUP
[Post edited 11 Jun 2017 8:33]

That will only matter in future elections unfortunately.As long as there wasn't a coalition of chaos is what cruella de May told us beforehand.
And that is exactly what we are getting.
Theresa May on 00:41 - Jun 11 with 5569 viewskensalriser

Theresa May on 23:52 - Jun 10 by SimonJames

The Tories won't win the next election.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Theresa May on 01:08 - Jun 11 with 5528 viewsfrancisbowles

Theresa May on 00:32 - Jun 11 by Brightonhoop

There is no such thing as a former terrorist.

You cross that line, you stay there. UDA, IRA, ISIS, scum. Murdering bastard scum, Irish Iraqi, makes no difference to those of us who were bombed.
Now the vermin cockroaches are in Downing Street. No surrender. And no forgiveness.
Show me a former terrorist. And I'll show you a cowardly cnt. No excuses or forgiveness for ever and a day.
Your Tories. Your excuses.

'One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.' It depends on your viewpoint!

It's hard to forgive the 'political crimes' of the past and we shouldn't forget them but they all had a cause they were fighting for. It's where you draw the line at what is fighting for your independence and what is committing atrocities.

I am excluding Islamic fundamentalism from my argument. In my view that is totally different, a warped religious fanaticism.

I'm not supporting the terrorists on either side in the Northern Ireland 'troubles' but when you look back on the Republic of Ireland's fight for it's independence, then many of the republicans of that time, committed acts of terror or were connected to them yet became involved in negotiations with the government of Lloyd George and then became political leaders in the new state. Similarly, Nelson Mandela was a freedom fighter (often called a terrorist and a key player in the ANC a terrorist organisation) yet became a respected leader of a new South Africa.

In 'battles for independence' it seems, the only way to find a peaceful solution is to recognise and negotiate with the people you have regarded as terrorists or the enemy but now are a necessary part of the 'peace process' and therefore may be regarded as 'former terrorists'.
Theresa May on 01:23 - Jun 11 with 5522 viewsBucksRanger

The Labour Party long ago accepted the DUP as a legitimate political party. The only three DUP members of the House of Lords were all placed there by Tony Blair in 2006. A fourth member of the DUP entered the House of Lords in 2014 but he chose to be a crossbencher from the moment he entered the upper chamber so 100% of the DUP members in the House of Lords are Labour Party appointments.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024