Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hall offski? 13:35 - Jun 10 with 22207 viewsDieByYourSide

Interesting one. Didn't realise he was a big earner, not sure how high he has his heights set but can't imagine him being a starter for anyone much better than us.

Not good news short term for the rest of the season if he's got his eye on not getting injured. How confident would we be of Masterson stepping up to fill his shoes?

Poll: And it's hi ho

Hall offski? on 13:08 - Jun 19 with 2458 viewsBklynRanger

Sad to see this. Was outstanding at times for us over the years but started shakily I thought this season.

Had just worked his way back into form when the lockdown hit, so hard to tell how he'd have been when he got back after such a long layoff - same applies for most players I do admit.

Very open explanation from Les so fair enough. Best of luck Hally.
Hall offski? on 13:08 - Jun 19 with 2458 viewsPBLOCK

Think Hall overall has been decent for us. Free transfer from Spurs and always put in a shift when fit.

The injuries he’s had in the last 2/3 seasons he’s done well to get back to the level he’s played at this year.

He’s 28 and I’m glad that we haven’t been held to ransom. He may well get a better deal elsewhere but I can’t imagine too many clubs will be chucking around silly money at our level and he’s not good enough to play in the Prem so will be interesting to see where he ends up.

Solid player and I wish him well
Hall offski? on 13:13 - Jun 19 with 2408 viewsmakaveli1882

Day before a game is shit whether that be Hall not making a decision beforehand or Club waiting till after we waived at season ticket refunds.
Hall offski? on 13:15 - Jun 19 with 2385 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Perhaps the lad we had on trial from spurs, who was reasonably rated and who is out of contract at the end of the season is all set to come in.
Hall offski? on 13:43 - Jun 19 with 2252 viewsLblock

Top Captain right to the end

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Hall offski? on 13:53 - Jun 19 with 2186 viewsGloucs_R

Smithies and Austin are the only two players I can think of who we have really missed once they have left. (In recent years)

Poll: Are we staying up?

Hall offski? on 14:05 - Jun 19 with 2128 viewsbosh67

Shame. I was hoping he would stay but he world has changed and he and the club need to make the best decisions each side. Wish him well. Despite the injury set backs he has been a success story here.

That leaves Barbet, Masterson, Cameron and Wallace and Ball (possibly Rowan) as squad players who can play CB until the end of the season.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Hall offski? on 14:13 - Jun 19 with 2069 viewsStanisgod

Hall offski? on 13:53 - Jun 19 by Gloucs_R

Smithies and Austin are the only two players I can think of who we have really missed once they have left. (In recent years)

Freeman?

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Login to get fewer ads

Hall offski? on 14:19 - Jun 19 with 2036 viewsGloucs_R

Hall offski? on 14:13 - Jun 19 by Stanisgod

Freeman?

Good player but we've not struggled getting forward and scoring goals this season

Poll: Are we staying up?

Hall offski? on 14:26 - Jun 19 with 2003 viewsdaveB

Hall offski? on 13:13 - Jun 19 by makaveli1882

Day before a game is shit whether that be Hall not making a decision beforehand or Club waiting till after we waived at season ticket refunds.

Not sure Hall staying or going had much to do with if people waived the refund or not.
Hall offski? on 14:37 - Jun 19 with 1956 viewsEsox_Lucius

Hall offski? on 14:05 - Jun 19 by bosh67

Shame. I was hoping he would stay but he world has changed and he and the club need to make the best decisions each side. Wish him well. Despite the injury set backs he has been a success story here.

That leaves Barbet, Masterson, Cameron and Wallace and Ball (possibly Rowan) as squad players who can play CB until the end of the season.

Gubbins, and Themis Kefalas if they promote him from the U23's.

The grass is always greener.

Hall offski? on 14:52 - Jun 19 with 1893 viewsdavman

Hall offski? on 14:37 - Jun 19 by Esox_Lucius

Kind of re-enforce that we are treating the remaining games as training exercises. Great that we're blooding youngsters who can play with no fear, just a shame that we'll have nothing to play for.

Could be a dull, uneventful last nine games.

... but then again, this is QPR we're talking about...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Hall offski? on 14:54 - Jun 19 with 1884 viewsEsox_Lucius

Hall offski? on 14:52 - Jun 19 by davman

Kind of re-enforce that we are treating the remaining games as training exercises. Great that we're blooding youngsters who can play with no fear, just a shame that we'll have nothing to play for.

"just a shame that we'll have nothing to play for." That won't be the first time, nor the last we will be saying that. LOL

The grass is always greener.

Hall offski? on 15:10 - Jun 19 with 1838 viewsmakaveli1882

Hall offski? on 14:26 - Jun 19 by daveB

Not sure Hall staying or going had much to do with if people waived the refund or not.

There are those out there that think we may still make the play offs
Hall offski? on 15:13 - Jun 19 with 1824 viewsdaveB

Hall offski? on 15:10 - Jun 19 by makaveli1882

We still might, not sure Hall would have been the difference,. If Eze went today I'd agree with you but just seems like the right decision from both sides, if he won't sign a new deal then give others a chance.
Hall offski? on 15:20 - Jun 19 with 1803 viewsNorthernr

Hall offski? on 14:37 - Jun 19 by Esox_Lucius

Gubbins has injured his ankle for tomorrow apparently. Which is great timing.
Hall offski? on 15:22 - Jun 19 with 1793 viewsqprd

Hall offski? on 15:10 - Jun 19 by makaveli1882

the playoffs hope, at this stage, is really wishful thinking

6 points off the playoffs is still a lot... but what no one really mentions is that there are 7 teams ahead of us for the 6th playoff spot... we may gain 6 points on preston, who currently hold the last playoff spot... but are we also going to gain enough points on each of bristol, swansea, millwall, derby, etc? if we win the next 2 games, id be willing to entertain the discussion
Hall offski? on 15:23 - Jun 19 with 1785 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Hall offski? on 13:43 - Jun 19 by Lblock

Top Captain right to the end

I like him as a person, LB, but on the streams and the times I saw him play I thought he was very quiet? Am I wrong on that?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Hall offski? on 15:35 - Jun 19 with 1729 viewsLongsufferingR

Hall offski? on 13:53 - Jun 19 by Gloucs_R

Oguchi Onyewu?
Hall offski? on 15:58 - Jun 19 with 1637 viewsqprd

I'm a little bit put off by the way Hall has left the club. This is purely my conjecture, but I assume he had no interest in playing any of the remaining matches for fear of getting injured and jeopardizing his next contract. I think he's probably strategically waited until the last possible moment to leave the club to accrue as much wages from qpr as possible.

If, come tomorrow, he had still been under contract but refused to be in the gameday squad whilst healthy, he would have likely exposed himself to (i) qpr being able to terminate his contract for his non-performance of his obligations or (ii) fines. By walking away today as opposed to last week or earlier, he was able to squeeze out every last penny from the club. Honestly, though, I would have probably done the same thing, and so would the overwhelming percentage of people in the same situation, so I cant really blame him.

Hall's career arc for us was really interesting. He was the first player who we signed off the Premier league scrapheap to make our first team squad. I recall watching him at Wolves in August 2015 (we came back from 2-0 to win 3-2), and thinking we had unearthed a gem of a player. Big, solid in the air- not blessed with pace, but also not slow. I thought he was our best player in the first Championship season. The next season under Ollie he continued to add to his game, as Ollie used him as the anchor of a 3-5-2 who would slide into midfield in possession to link up play. How many 24 year 6'4 ballplaying centrebacks can you find consistently putting up 7s in the championship?

Ultimately, though, he never recovered once he started getting the injuries in 2017. QPR also mismanaged his return. I recall we slowly started bringing back into the fold in December 2017 after a long layoff, but then had him play a full 90 minutes away at Millwall on or around boxing day (possibly forced due to joel lynch taking his winter holiday). In hindsight, it was probably not wise to have him play 90 minutes on a freezing night with Millwall repeatedly pinging long balls to their two strikers- that was the last appearance he made that season

since his injuries, he's lost a lot of pace and has gone from being very good aerially to being pretty average in the air. surprisingly, his passing also has not improved, even under warburton... he leaves us as a purely average championship/L1 centreback...

i wouldve preferred to see masterson anyways, but this does leave us incredibly thin at centreback for the remaining fixtures
Hall offski? on 16:05 - Jun 19 with 1614 viewsrsonist

Hall offski? on 14:52 - Jun 19 by davman

They're not treating it like anything, what are they supposed to do? There was no justifiable way around Hall and Pugh's departures.

Doesn't really help the club to box clever within its means if everything it does that isn't "more blood" gets labelled uncompetitive.

We had all this silly bleating in January and we're still in contention and nothing was missed.
Hall offski? on 16:09 - Jun 19 with 1604 viewsrsonist

Probably a blessing in disguise we get a good hard look at where Masterson's at now ahead of the summer. I expect he'll prove himself though.

Just have to pray injuries don't bite now or it could get rough.
Hall offski? on 16:12 - Jun 19 with 1591 viewsdaveB

Hall offski? on 15:58 - Jun 19 by qprd

I'm a little bit put off by the way Hall has left the club. This is purely my conjecture, but I assume he had no interest in playing any of the remaining matches for fear of getting injured and jeopardizing his next contract. I think he's probably strategically waited until the last possible moment to leave the club to accrue as much wages from qpr as possible.

If, come tomorrow, he had still been under contract but refused to be in the gameday squad whilst healthy, he would have likely exposed himself to (i) qpr being able to terminate his contract for his non-performance of his obligations or (ii) fines. By walking away today as opposed to last week or earlier, he was able to squeeze out every last penny from the club. Honestly, though, I would have probably done the same thing, and so would the overwhelming percentage of people in the same situation, so I cant really blame him.

Hall's career arc for us was really interesting. He was the first player who we signed off the Premier league scrapheap to make our first team squad. I recall watching him at Wolves in August 2015 (we came back from 2-0 to win 3-2), and thinking we had unearthed a gem of a player. Big, solid in the air- not blessed with pace, but also not slow. I thought he was our best player in the first Championship season. The next season under Ollie he continued to add to his game, as Ollie used him as the anchor of a 3-5-2 who would slide into midfield in possession to link up play. How many 24 year 6'4 ballplaying centrebacks can you find consistently putting up 7s in the championship?

Ultimately, though, he never recovered once he started getting the injuries in 2017. QPR also mismanaged his return. I recall we slowly started bringing back into the fold in December 2017 after a long layoff, but then had him play a full 90 minutes away at Millwall on or around boxing day (possibly forced due to joel lynch taking his winter holiday). In hindsight, it was probably not wise to have him play 90 minutes on a freezing night with Millwall repeatedly pinging long balls to their two strikers- that was the last appearance he made that season

since his injuries, he's lost a lot of pace and has gone from being very good aerially to being pretty average in the air. surprisingly, his passing also has not improved, even under warburton... he leaves us as a purely average championship/L1 centreback...

i wouldve preferred to see masterson anyways, but this does leave us incredibly thin at centreback for the remaining fixtures

think that's very unfair, He'll be paid for the remainder of his contract so leaving today, last week or next Tuesday makes no difference to his pay. Was the same with Pugh.

The timing of his departure will have been mutual, club could have lied and said he was injured for tomorrow and waited another week but sometimes being up front and honest as they have with him and pugh leads to mad conspiracy theories
Hall offski? on 16:18 - Jun 19 with 1585 viewsbarbicanranger

Sad to see Hall go as I always thought there was going to be more to come and now five seasons have disappeared in a flash.

Reading between the lines of all the press comments it sounds like he has another offer on the table at better money and for his family and him being 28 he has to take it.

I have a decent amount of confidence in our player management and board to get these decisions right these days. While it would be nice if everything worked out and Hall could stay we obviously have to work to certain financial parameters so every player has to be assessed against those.
Hall offski? on 16:28 - Jun 19 with 1542 viewsmcqpr10

Wish him well. Gave good service considering he was a free transfer. Unlucky with his injury.
Glad Qpr is not the club that dishes out big wages anymore. If it's bright or eze I would bend it but not for a pretty standard centre back who's had 18 months out recently. For decades, and not just under fernandes, qpr has been seen as a club that pays its players well. Now with the likes of hall, Robinson and Ned we are showing that we are cutting our cloth accordingly.

Also think if you give Masterson 50 games he will be a far better player. Always felt with Hall he was suspect in the air and not physical enough. Always tidy on the ball and would give him a clap if he returns agaisnt us next year.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024