Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hall offski? 13:35 - Jun 10 with 22120 viewsDieByYourSide

Interesting one. Didn't realise he was a big earner, not sure how high he has his heights set but can't imagine him being a starter for anyone much better than us.

Not good news short term for the rest of the season if he's got his eye on not getting injured. How confident would we be of Masterson stepping up to fill his shoes?

Poll: And it's hi ho

Hall offski? on 16:51 - Jun 19 with 2224 viewsLblock

Hall offski? on 15:23 - Jun 19 by BrianMcCarthy

I like him as a person, LB, but on the streams and the times I saw him play I thought he was very quiet? Am I wrong on that?

My sarcasm overshot your bar Bri

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Hall offski? on 16:58 - Jun 19 with 2204 viewsqueensparker

A sad way to go for our longest serving player, slinking off without getting a goodbye game (but then again Faurlin was the same).

WIthout Hall and Pugh, and only one centre forward, and nine fast games coming up, and a half-fit squad, and no Loftus Rd crowd, can't help but feel we're not exactly going to pull up trees. All about next season now.
Hall offski? on 19:11 - Jun 19 with 1987 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Hall offski? on 16:51 - Jun 19 by Lblock

My sarcasm overshot your bar Bri

It did. Sorry, man.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Hall offski? on 19:15 - Jun 19 with 1974 viewsGloucs_R

Hall offski? on 16:58 - Jun 19 by queensparker

A sad way to go for our longest serving player, slinking off without getting a goodbye game (but then again Faurlin was the same).

WIthout Hall and Pugh, and only one centre forward, and nine fast games coming up, and a half-fit squad, and no Loftus Rd crowd, can't help but feel we're not exactly going to pull up trees. All about next season now.

A lot of other teams are in the same position.

We're no better than mid table anyway.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Hall offski? on 19:29 - Jun 19 with 1936 viewsdaveB

Hall offski? on 16:58 - Jun 19 by queensparker

we have 3 strikers, Hugil, Oteh and that Danish fella who signed in January.
Are we really writing off the season because Hall and Pugh won't be playing?
[Post edited 19 Jun 2020 19:30]
Hall offski? on 20:37 - Jun 19 with 1836 viewsPunteR

Dont actually think we'll miss him. Done well to come back from injuries but never got the impression he'd run through walls for us. Just another modern day footballer.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Hall offski? on 20:41 - Jun 19 with 1825 viewsrsonist

Hall offski? on 19:29 - Jun 19 by daveB

TBH I feel like generally injuries and enforced absences have tended to end up positive things for us recently. Someone's usually a little more ready than maybe we first thought (Masterson was supposed to be out on loan by the original plan), a new positional/tactical question asks itself, or even just us as a fanbase getting a new perspective on the absent like with Barbet.

To just sit there and go "season over we're not pulling up any trees" just cos our fanciful miracle promotion chances have (arguably!) taken a hit after a season of lovely enterprising football with players developing before your eyes, well it beggars belief really... I'll be very excited to see how Dieng, Gubbins and whoever else get on if they get the nod.
Hall offski? on 20:44 - Jun 19 with 1813 viewsmakaveli1882

Hall offski? on 19:29 - Jun 19 by daveB

Think you answered your own question there Dave, West Ham's Hugil, Oteh hardly played and we're not sure he is good enough (we hope he is) and some bloke you don't know the name of

If Hugil Barbet or masterson get injured we are skin and bones
Login to get fewer ads

Hall offski? on 21:55 - Jun 19 with 1723 viewsNed_Kennedys

He would've been classed as an average Championship defender but his appalling injury record means he's no great loss for us and certainly not worth a new contract on the money he thinks he should be on. Never felt he was worthy of the captain's armband either.
Hall offski? on 22:05 - Jun 19 with 1700 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Hall offski? on 21:55 - Jun 19 by Ned_Kennedys

He would've been classed as an average Championship defender but his appalling injury record means he's no great loss for us and certainly not worth a new contract on the money he thinks he should be on. Never felt he was worthy of the captain's armband either.

Who should have had the armband this season?
Hall offski? on 22:17 - Jun 19 with 1664 viewsNorthernr

Hall offski? on 22:05 - Jun 19 by BazzaInTheLoft

Who should have had the armband this season?

(Little behind the curtain thing, back in the summer Warburton wanted Rangel to be captain and Rangel told him it should be Hall so he went with that)
Hall offski? on 22:25 - Jun 19 with 1630 viewsBklynRanger

At his best he was far above average. I'm sorry your relationship didn't work out.
Hall offski? on 22:26 - Jun 19 with 1623 viewsEsox_Lucius

He only ever had the one injury, tendonitis, and if the club hadn't pushed him into action too soon after his operation to cure it we might have seen even more of him. We had two seasons out of him before the tendonitis so it's hardly a Kieron Dyer scenario is it?

The grass is always greener.

Hall offski? on 23:06 - Jun 19 with 1543 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Hall offski? on 22:17 - Jun 19 by Northernr

(Little behind the curtain thing, back in the summer Warburton wanted Rangel to be captain and Rangel told him it should be Hall so he went with that)

Nice story.

Rangel seems like a nice guy and great pro. Wish he played for us when he was 27 not 37.

Hall always struck me as someone well respected.
Hall offski? on 01:02 - Jun 20 with 1449 viewsPunteR

Hall offski? on 22:17 - Jun 19 by Northernr

Rangel not as daft as he looks ..

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Hall offski? on 01:31 - Jun 20 with 1440 viewskensalriser

Hall offski? on 22:26 - Jun 19 by Esox_Lucius

He only ever had the one injury, tendonitis, and if the club hadn't pushed him into action too soon after his operation to cure it we might have seen even more of him. We had two seasons out of him before the tendonitis so it's hardly a Kieron Dyer scenario is it?

Tendonitis is a recalcitrant sod, really difficult to get rid of. I've had it in my left elbow (I'm right handed) for over six months, it's got less severe slowly in peaks and trough without showing any sign of clearing up altogether, and I'm not even trying to do sport at any level.

In other news I see Jack Robinson got his first game for Sheffield Utd tonight, joining the rare set of recent ex Rs to go up a level.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Hall offski? on 01:54 - Jun 20 with 1425 viewsnumptydumpty

I have liked Hall

His injuries and mental health troubles absolutely I do feel for the guy having to go through those experiences

From my perspective this club have been extremely good for him and making him captain I think based on the fact he certainly is a trier when he is out on the pitch.

A captain leading by example with playing to the full as opposed to shouting instructions

Its clear after lockdown all players salaries will drop - especially at a club like ours.

However unless he has a deal set somewhere else - I feel his or more than likely his agents - he has made a big mistake.

I feel he is at the right level for his talents and his efforts - and also with the fact he does have long list of injury troubles - mid table championship is the best he will get offered

Unless we have given a derisory offer where will he get better

I am aware I am guessing but I doubt it was derisory - wages will be less all round and offering a long contract to an injury prone player - no matter his talents and effort - where is he going get better

Appreciate its a short career so unless he only feels he has another good two years or so in him - I am happy he has left

Timing on this one day before the season starts stinks a little - and the club have been very good for the guy

I should think he could well go the way of Smithies, robinson, freeman, Luongo etc and will realise his best years were at the KIyan Prince...

Clearly we need more depth in this area but Barbet I like and the games I saw with Masterson he looked very promising , Cameron could do a job if its for the rest of the season so I do feel he will miss us more than we miss him

The comment "I need to look out more as I got a child" if indeed that statement was ever offered to me that suggest him or his agent or his young lady perhaps had a bit more sway in the decision

If that was indeed said - I wish him well but say bon voyage

I liked him as a player but reading between the lines - know could be inaccurate - but the way this negotiation has seemed to transpire - I think we have made a better decison than himself

If he hasnt got a contract signed up somewhere else I feel he could actually be out of work for a period !!!!!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024