Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gareth ainsworth 11:18 - Mar 10 with 5565 viewstonyQPR

Sorry I can’t do links but could someone please put here the link from news now about ga quoting that he believes QPR are one of the greatest clubs around, he has proper man love for QPR as I do and ga too. 😘😘😘
Gareth ainsworth on 11:22 - Mar 10 with 4109 viewsnix

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-one-of-the-greatest-clubs-in-the-country

Lovely article indeed.
Gareth ainsworth on 11:26 - Mar 10 with 4073 viewsAntti_Heinola

There's been a lot of arguments about which former players are and aren't 'nice' lately. But I think Gaz must be one player we're universally united in our opinions on.
I absolutely love the man, what a gent.
I'd love him to be manager one day and be brilliant, but equally happy if he never is and we just have our memories of him as a fabulous player and a legendary personality.

Bare bones.

Gareth ainsworth on 11:28 - Mar 10 with 4062 viewsRs_Holy

Gareth ainsworth on 11:22 - Mar 10 by nix

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-one-of-the-greatest-clubs-in-the-country

Lovely article indeed.

He was part of a very special team at QPR.... sooo many brilliant characters in that squad :)
Gareth ainsworth on 11:29 - Mar 10 with 4057 viewsnix

Gareth ainsworth on 11:26 - Mar 10 by Antti_Heinola

There's been a lot of arguments about which former players are and aren't 'nice' lately. But I think Gaz must be one player we're universally united in our opinions on.
I'd love him to be manager one day and be brilliant, but equally happy if he never is and we just have our memories of him as a fabulous player and a legendary personality.

He's brilliant and something to be proud of. I also happen to know someone who worked at Wycombe in a support capacity and said that he is totally focused on the job. A very impressive manager.
Gareth ainsworth on 11:32 - Mar 10 with 4044 viewstonyQPR

Gareth ainsworth on 11:22 - Mar 10 by nix

Lovely article indeed.

Cheers,thanks,nice one👍
Gareth ainsworth on 11:50 - Mar 10 with 3960 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Gareth ainsworth on 11:26 - Mar 10 by Antti_Heinola

Echo it all.

The only part I would have had reservations with is wanting him as manager, at least until he proved he could get his team playing decent football, but even at that I thought they played some good stuff last night. Signs of evolution, maybe.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Gareth ainsworth on 11:56 - Mar 10 with 3936 viewsdaveB

When we went up in 2004 I was lucky enough to get in the town hall after the parade and mingle with the players. Some great memories that night of Chris Day fuming that someone stole his stella and Gino Padula walking around holding an inflatable alien

I had 5 mins with Ainsworth getting a photo and a quick chat, he looked at me and said that getting promoted with this club is the greatest moment of my career, I laughed and said come on mate we've all had a drink and he got quite firm and said no mate, listen this club means everything to me, to achieve this, he then started tearing up and we had a man hug. He genuinely loves QPR and hope he continues to do well at Wycombe or wherever he ends up. An absolute hero of a man
Gareth ainsworth on 12:01 - Mar 10 with 3910 viewskensalriser

He's done a phenomenal job at Wycombe. Strange he's still there, really.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Login to get fewer ads

Gareth ainsworth on 12:03 - Mar 10 with 3902 viewsted_hendrix

We're talking about a bloke who had his leg broken during a game and yet with his leg half hanging off he still tried to play on.
A proper Man.
I can see him now with his QPR shirt hanging out over his shorts running down the wing.
Wildthing.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Gareth ainsworth on 12:04 - Mar 10 with 3894 viewsRs_Holy

Gareth ainsworth on 11:56 - Mar 10 by daveB

When we went up in 2004 I was lucky enough to get in the town hall after the parade and mingle with the players. Some great memories that night of Chris Day fuming that someone stole his stella and Gino Padula walking around holding an inflatable alien

I had 5 mins with Ainsworth getting a photo and a quick chat, he looked at me and said that getting promoted with this club is the greatest moment of my career, I laughed and said come on mate we've all had a drink and he got quite firm and said no mate, listen this club means everything to me, to achieve this, he then started tearing up and we had a man hug. He genuinely loves QPR and hope he continues to do well at Wycombe or wherever he ends up. An absolute hero of a man

"Gino Padula walking around holding an inflatable alien"... bloody hilarious
Gareth ainsworth on 12:06 - Mar 10 with 3871 viewsRs_Holy

Gareth ainsworth on 12:03 - Mar 10 by ted_hendrix

We're talking about a bloke who had his leg broken during a game and yet with his leg half hanging off he still tried to play on.
A proper Man.
I can see him now with his QPR shirt hanging out over his shorts running down the wing.
Wildthing.

I remember a game when he was on the floor and tried to get the ball off an oppo player with his head.... Legend!
Gareth ainsworth on 12:06 - Mar 10 with 3869 viewsMick_S

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Gareth ainsworth on 12:23 - Mar 10 with 3788 viewsW7Ranger

Gareth ainsworth on 12:04 - Mar 10 by Rs_Holy

As you do...
Gareth ainsworth on 12:25 - Mar 10 with 3774 viewsMick_S

How did they know it was an alien?

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Gareth ainsworth on 12:28 - Mar 10 with 3755 viewsJuzzie

Gareth ainsworth on 12:06 - Mar 10 by Mick_S

His 2nd was fantastic but the first, wow. A cross-field ball and took a volley full on the fly. It's up there with Trevor's goal v Barnsley IMO.

As we know, had it been anyone like Rooney etc Sky would be w@nking over it every day. But as it was scored by a third tier club so why bother with the air time huh.
Gareth ainsworth on 12:30 - Mar 10 with 3740 viewsdaveB

Gareth ainsworth on 12:23 - Mar 10 by W7Ranger

As you do...

He was also wearing a blue and white jesters hat
Gareth ainsworth on 13:04 - Mar 10 with 3589 viewsRangersDave

When he was 'manager' for a while , we played one wet night in Blackpool. Paladini was being feted by some fans standing on the back row of the open side terrace.

Gareth came out during the warm up, came over and thanked me for turning out.

3-0 i think it was to the mighty Hoooooopsa!

What a guy.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Gareth ainsworth on 13:07 - Mar 10 with 3580 viewsTomS

Gareth ainsworth on 12:28 - Mar 10 by Juzzie

His 2nd was fantastic but the first, wow. A cross-field ball and took a volley full on the fly. It's up there with Trevor's goal v Barnsley IMO.

As we know, had it been anyone like Rooney etc Sky would be w@nking over it every day. But as it was scored by a third tier club so why bother with the air time huh.

Ahem. I recall a campaign on the old official QPR message board to vote for that goal as ITV's Goal of the Year. It won, comfortably beating Thierry Henry's Champions League wonder goal which came second.

Many of us voted early and often to give the goal the media exposure it deserved.
[Post edited 10 Mar 2021 13:09]
Gareth ainsworth on 14:05 - Mar 10 with 3424 viewsthemodfather

when gareth was player manager, the qpr lsa were having the xmas kids party, we contatced the club for any players to attend and none did, i was at the side door of the bok and gareth walked by, i asked if he could pop in, he politely said " i am in a rush for a booked dinner date" adding sorry, i went down stairs and one minute later gareth came in and signed some stuff for the kids and a quick chat. TOP man .
Gareth ainsworth on 14:37 - Mar 10 with 3345 viewsR_from_afar

What a man, an absolute legend!

I am struggling to think of any player who has scored two screamers in a single game.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Gareth ainsworth on 14:46 - Mar 10 with 3327 viewsphilc

Gareth ainsworth on 12:30 - Mar 10 by daveB

He was also wearing a blue and white jesters hat

The alien or Gino?
Gareth ainsworth on 15:25 - Mar 10 with 3272 viewsdaveB

Gareth ainsworth on 14:46 - Mar 10 by philc

The alien or Gino?

both at one point
Gareth ainsworth on 15:28 - Mar 10 with 3260 viewsPinnerPaul

Does a nice line in post match interviews as well, to quote a description from the ages ago "As honest as the day is long"

https://www.wycombewanderers.co.uk/news/2021/march/gareths-rangers-review/
Gareth ainsworth on 16:34 - Mar 10 with 3120 viewsBoston

Was it the one with the real pubic hair?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Gareth ainsworth on 16:56 - Mar 10 with 3090 viewsrsonist

Gareth ainsworth on 12:01 - Mar 10 by kensalriser

He's done a phenomenal job at Wycombe. Strange he's still there, really.

It hasn't all been plain sailing, if I recall correctly before last season there were some there wondering whether it was time to part ways. With the narrow restrictions there it was hard to know whether the ceiling was him or the job; and now he's succeeded within those restrictions he's probably somewhat typecast by them.

It would be really interesting to see him at a different club. As a local lad he gets often gets linked with Blackburn, but unless they end up in some financial strife (not inconceivable) they'll probably think themselves too fancy to take the punt.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024