Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nottingham Forest 11:04 - Aug 4 with 89798 viewsconnell10

A question , will they be hit with FFP sanctions if they are relegated from the Prem? They must have breached them in the Championship.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Nottingham Forest on 21:20 - Aug 15 with 3016 viewsjoe90

Nottingham Forest on 15:04 - Aug 12 by joe90

I don't mind Forest and haven't noticed the media fawning as much.

What I couldn't stand was the fawning over Leeds and the eternal fawning over Liverpool - possibly my least favourite club, well, joint with Chelsea.
[Post edited 12 Aug 2022 15:35]

Having watched MOTD I take back what I said about Forest.
Nottingham Forest on 14:16 - Aug 18 with 2748 viewsstowmarketrange

Another major signing by florist.I thought I heard £45 million for the wolves player Gibbs-White.Unless I heard it wrong of course?
£44.5 million including add ons.
[Post edited 18 Aug 2022 14:17]
Nottingham Forest on 14:49 - Aug 18 with 2635 viewsBAWHoops

So they've spent a club record of £35m+ on a player who plays in the same position as their highest paid player....

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Nottingham Forest on 14:49 - Aug 18 with 2635 viewstraininvain

Nottingham Forest on 14:16 - Aug 18 by stowmarketrange

Another major signing by florist.I thought I heard £45 million for the wolves player Gibbs-White.Unless I heard it wrong of course?

Extraordinary sum of money for a player who is unproven in the Premiership. Feels like they’ve paid twice the going rate for him.

Something very fishy going on at Forest. I hope they come unstuck this season.
Nottingham Forest on 14:53 - Aug 18 with 2621 viewsterryb

Nottingham Forest on 14:16 - Aug 18 by stowmarketrange

This is the most astonishing possible signing of all of them!

Being prepared to pay £44.5 million (I realise the initial payment won't be close to this) for Gibbs-White! A player who isn't rated good enough by Wolves to play for them & spent the early part of this year on loan at Sheffield United!

Full marks to Wolves for managing to broker this deal, but what are Forest thinking of?
I believe O'Brien & Tofolo cost less than this combined & were two good signings, but The Athletic will have to work hard to justify this deal!
Nottingham Forest on 14:59 - Aug 18 with 2605 viewsswitchingcode

Nottingham Forest on 14:49 - Aug 18 by traininvain

Extraordinary sum of money for a player who is unproven in the Premiership. Feels like they’ve paid twice the going rate for him.

Something very fishy going on at Forest. I hope they come unstuck this season.

Think most fans of other clubs would agree with your last bit.Their fans were bad enough before they spent a penny in the summer now they see themselves as on par with Man City.Fair play to the owner he’s put his money where his mouth is but it does seem like a kiddy in the sweet shop with 10 years pocket money in his pocket
Nottingham Forest (n/t) on 15:03 - Aug 18 with 2583 viewsSuffolkHoop

They're going for it big time. City Ground expansion approved by Council last week, starting in the summer.
[Post edited 18 Aug 2022 15:04]
Nottingham Forest (n/t) on 15:05 - Aug 18 with 2569 viewsstowmarketrange

Nottingham Forest (n/t) on 15:03 - Aug 18 by SuffolkHoop

They're going for it big time. City Ground expansion approved by Council last week, starting in the summer.
[Post edited 18 Aug 2022 15:04]

Is the city ground worth £80 million yet?
Login to get fewer ads

Nottingham Forest (n/t) on 16:22 - Aug 18 with 2438 viewsswitchingcode

Nottingham Forest (n/t) on 15:05 - Aug 18 by stowmarketrange

Is the city ground worth £80 million yet?

That will be the case in 2 years time
Nottingham Forest on 16:28 - Aug 18 with 2411 viewsloftboy

Nottingham Forest on 14:59 - Aug 18 by switchingcode

Think most fans of other clubs would agree with your last bit.Their fans were bad enough before they spent a penny in the summer now they see themselves as on par with Man City.Fair play to the owner he’s put his money where his mouth is but it does seem like a kiddy in the sweet shop with 10 years pocket money in his pocket

You’ve just described Tony Fernandes

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Nottingham Forest on 16:47 - Aug 18 with 2347 viewsDamo1962

If they can add a bit of competition to the "usual suspects", it might make the Prem more interesting.
Nottingham Forest (n/t) on 17:44 - Aug 18 with 2281 viewsstowmarketrange

Nottingham Forest (n/t) on 16:22 - Aug 18 by switchingcode

That will be the case in 2 years time

The way they’re spending it might have to be worth £180 million.
Nottingham Forest on 17:44 - Aug 18 with 2280 viewsLordPork

I'm reading this thread and thinking Fernandes at every page

thats now an awful lot of players bought under the helm of one manager, were they to sack Cooper who's owning up to that lot....recollection of Mr Redknapp at Birmingham a few years back.

it'll all go breasts vertical at some point, hopefully very soon.
Nottingham Forest on 18:40 - Aug 18 with 2219 viewsLanhoop

And another one makes a whole new team including subs doesnt it?
[Post edited 18 Aug 2022 18:41]
Nottingham Forest on 18:40 - Aug 18 with 2218 viewstraininvain

Nottingham Forest on 16:47 - Aug 18 by Damo1962

If they can add a bit of competition to the "usual suspects", it might make the Prem more interesting.

Each to their own but I hope they crash and burn.
Nottingham Forest on 18:42 - Aug 18 with 2213 viewsdaveB

it might work for them and they stay up this year but it's unsustainable, they'll be back down and in a mess soon enough
Nottingham Forest on 18:55 - Aug 18 with 2177 viewsDamo1962

Nottingham Forest on 18:42 - Aug 18 by daveB

it might work for them and they stay up this year but it's unsustainable, they'll be back down and in a mess soon enough

They will probably make a better go of it than we did. Worst happens you slide down the divisions and start again. We seem to be the only club that has really paid the price for profilagacy.
Nottingham Forest on 19:10 - Aug 18 with 2162 viewskensalriser

I think they'll stay up, largely on the basis they haven't signed a load of superannuated has beens.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Nottingham Forest on 06:43 - Aug 19 with 1913 viewsNorthernr

Nottingham Forest on 19:10 - Aug 18 by kensalriser

I think they'll stay up, largely on the basis they haven't signed a load of superannuated has beens.

They've now got to stay up, and I think they will, there's a couple of teams like Southampton that have been treading water a while and are ripe for a drop, and I think Forest are probably best placed to get above the dotted line of the three promoted teams. But they really have bet the farm, if they were to come down you could be looking at 10-20 years of hell with what they've done this summer.

Was speaking to a coach at another club recently for something else and we got talking about Forest, MGW and the amount he's cost, and he he said... big risk, needs to go well, because they've signed some players who are "known problems" within the sport and it could go very wrong for them if results don't happen reasonably quickly. Apparently there's been some real eyebrows raised among the other coaches and managers are some of the personalities they've decided to take on and mix there.
Nottingham Forest on 07:27 - Aug 19 with 1853 viewsdistortR

Nottingham Forest on 06:43 - Aug 19 by Northernr

They've now got to stay up, and I think they will, there's a couple of teams like Southampton that have been treading water a while and are ripe for a drop, and I think Forest are probably best placed to get above the dotted line of the three promoted teams. But they really have bet the farm, if they were to come down you could be looking at 10-20 years of hell with what they've done this summer.

Was speaking to a coach at another club recently for something else and we got talking about Forest, MGW and the amount he's cost, and he he said... big risk, needs to go well, because they've signed some players who are "known problems" within the sport and it could go very wrong for them if results don't happen reasonably quickly. Apparently there's been some real eyebrows raised among the other coaches and managers are some of the personalities they've decided to take on and mix there.

god, I love a footballing trainwreck.

Let it happen.
Nottingham Forest on 07:50 - Aug 19 with 1793 viewstoboboly

Surely if they come down they just sell a load of chaff to Olympiacos and they are fine again?

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Nottingham Forest on 07:53 - Aug 19 with 1787 viewsNorthernr

Nottingham Forest on 07:50 - Aug 19 by toboboly

Surely if they come down they just sell a load of chaff to Olympiacos and they are fine again?

Hmmm, perhaps, probably. But with some of these players, have they not moved beyond that level now? You can offload Andre Gray types in Greece, but Morgan Gibbs White aint going there, Lingard (I know only a one year deal) isn't going to Greece...
Nottingham Forest on 08:01 - Aug 19 with 1778 viewsMiss_Terraces

They may stay up this season but they won't last long in that league, every season that they do manage to stay up, will make their relegation even worse for their finances. Would we have been better off financially if we'd have been relegated instead of Bolton?

Poll: Why are you a QPR supporter?

Nottingham Forest on 08:25 - Aug 19 with 1729 viewsdavman

They'll be fine simply because they are not QPR.

It could only happen to us...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Nottingham Forest on 08:35 - Aug 19 with 1709 viewsSydneyRs

They were ridiculously lucky v West Ham and are going to need to be a lot better than that to survive.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024