Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Starting XI for Norwich 09:19 - Aug 20 with 4291 viewsjeffro

1. Green

2. Boswinga

3. Nelsen

4. Ferdinand

5. Traore

6. Hoilett

7. Park

8. Diakite

9. Taarabt

10. Zamora

11. Johnson

Subs:

Cisse
Onuha
Fabio
SWP
etc
Starting XI for Norwich on 09:21 - Aug 20 with 3406 viewsWatfordR

This squad has not been built to play 442 as far as I can see.
Starting XI for Norwich on 09:22 - Aug 20 with 3395 viewsVish

no way i'd sub Cisse. He didnt get a look in on saturday, but that wasn't his fault.

Also, I think I read somewhere that Boswinga hasn't done much training over pre-season, so not sure he'd be match fit.

As for Traore, i assume he has a knock, so again not sure he's match fit.
Starting XI for Norwich on 09:52 - Aug 20 with 3329 viewsMelakaRanger

We have to play Cisse and another up front.

We have to get the ball to Cisse as often as possible.

That was a great failing on Saturday. We have a goal machine in Cisse yet we refused to play a set up that would feed him. Crazy

If our defence is going to continue leaking - and it will - we need to get Cisse fireing on all cylinders.

Drop Taraabt and play Zamora so front 3 are Cisse, Zamora and Mackie

Drop Ferdinand and play Nelsen

If we need to swop out the attack at 70 mins bring on Johnson or DJ or indeed both

1. Green

2. Boswinga

3. Nelsen

4. Derry

5. Traore

6. Hoilett

7. Park

8. Diakite

9. Mackie

10. Zamora

11. Cisse

Subs:

Johnson
Onuha
Hill
Murphy
DJ Campbell
Starting XI for Norwich on 09:53 - Aug 20 with 3326 viewsDANRANGER

sorry but a midfield with Taarabt/Park & Hoilett is not the way forward against Norwich away. We won't win the ball back. As the squad is now Derry has to sit in the midfield, he is the only player capable of being disciplined and winning the ball (shame he is 10 years too old). If Faurlin is not going to play within a month then we must get a player in to hold the midfield together.

I'd go with :

Green
Onouha/Nelsen/Ferdinand/Bosingwa (if match fit)
Park Derry Diakite Hoilett
Cisse Zamora

Park tucking in and Hoilett licence to roam.

Hope for the best.
Starting XI for Norwich on 09:59 - Aug 20 with 3310 viewsEssex_Ranger

Starting XI for Norwich on 09:52 - Aug 20 by MelakaRanger

That was a great failing on Saturday. We have a goal machine in Cisse yet we refused to play a set up that would feed him. Crazy

If our defence is going to continue leaking - and it will - we need to get Cisse fireing on all cylinders.

If we need to swop out the attack at 70 mins bring on Johnson or DJ or indeed both

1. Green

2. Boswinga

3. Nelsen

4. Derry

5. Traore

6. Hoilett

7. Park

8. Diakite

9. Mackie

10. Zamora

11. Cisse

Subs:

Johnson
Onuha
Hill
Murphy
DJ Campbell

Drop Taarabt from the squad completely but have DJ Cambell in the bench.

My word!
Starting XI for Norwich on 10:10 - Aug 20 with 3279 viewsdaveB

1. Green

2. Boswinga

3. Nelsen

4. Derry

5. Traore

6. Hoilett

7. Park

8. Diakite

9. Mackie

10. Zamora

11. Cisse

Subs:

Johnson
Onuha
Hill
Murphy
DJ Campbell

so your plan is to play one centre half, that should make us more solid.

with the players we have I still think our best way of playing is a 3-5-2 formation but that would mean leaving Hoilett out. I'm assuming Hughes has some sort of plan in mind to fit all these players in, looks to me like it will be 4-2-3-1 all season which won't get the best out of Cisse.
Starting XI for Norwich on 10:17 - Aug 20 with 3242 viewspomanjou

Admirable support for Green but for me he needs a month with a trick cyclist to get his head sorted before he considers playing again. Cerny proved himself when called upon last season and he hasnt been given a contract to sit on the bench when its obvious he's needed.

Fabio, good as he was going forward, is wild and naive defensively. Needs to learn the craft.

And if we are going to have a 'team captain' for commercial reasons lets have an alternative nominated 'game captain' for 90 mins (but dont ask me who fills the bill).

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

Starting XI for Norwich on 10:28 - Aug 20 with 3222 viewsHAYESBOY

This is a difficult one.

I think we had 2 problems on Saturday.

We looked soft down the middle with Diakite, Park & Tarbs.
We also had Cisse on his own upfront and he didnt get involved much in our build up play or even bully the centre halfs which at least Zamora would have done.

So do we play Zamora next week and either drop Park, Tarbs or Mackie?
I thouht Mackie was one of our better playersd Saturday so wouldnt drop him.

At the moment i think we need Derry in there until Faurlin is back, so that means who plays with him in a 4-4-2?

Or do we stick with 1 up top but drop Cisse for Zamora.

I would lean towards playing Zamora with a 5 in midfield to start with.

Difficult one.

I would go for.

Green
Onouha Hill Ferdinad Fabio
Mackie Derry Diakite Hoilett
Tarbs
Zamora

or

Green
Onouha Hill Ferdinand Traore
Mackie Fabio Diakite Hoilett
Tarbs
Zamora

Maybe harsh to drop Park but i dont think you can have a 3 of Park, Diakite & Tarbs.
Faurlin plays today in an U-21 match so hopefully he can get game time and be back in contention soon.

Another alternative is if Traore is fit put Fabio in the middle as he played there a couple of times in pre-season and looked ok as the holding midfielder.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Login to get fewer ads

Starting XI for Norwich on 10:39 - Aug 20 with 3192 viewsWatfordR

Starting XI for Norwich on 10:28 - Aug 20 by HAYESBOY

This is a difficult one.

I think we had 2 problems on Saturday.

We looked soft down the middle with Diakite, Park & Tarbs.
We also had Cisse on his own upfront and he didnt get involved much in our build up play or even bully the centre halfs which at least Zamora would have done.

So do we play Zamora next week and either drop Park, Tarbs or Mackie?
I thouht Mackie was one of our better playersd Saturday so wouldnt drop him.

At the moment i think we need Derry in there until Faurlin is back, so that means who plays with him in a 4-4-2?

Or do we stick with 1 up top but drop Cisse for Zamora.

I would lean towards playing Zamora with a 5 in midfield to start with.

Difficult one.

I would go for.

Green
Onouha Hill Ferdinad Fabio
Mackie Derry Diakite Hoilett
Tarbs
Zamora

or

Green
Onouha Hill Ferdinand Traore
Mackie Fabio Diakite Hoilett
Tarbs
Zamora

Maybe harsh to drop Park but i dont think you can have a 3 of Park, Diakite & Tarbs.
Faurlin plays today in an U-21 match so hopefully he can get game time and be back in contention soon.

Another alternative is if Traore is fit put Fabio in the middle as he played there a couple of times in pre-season and looked ok as the holding midfielder.

Bosingwa in at RB asap. Think the young lad Harriman is the main back up for RB. Ferdinand and Onuoha look to me like they should be competing for one CB place. At the moment Nelsen and Hill for the other. Fabio and Traore competing for LB.

No competition for Rob Green. But hey ho. Was told when I queried that months ago that Murphy and Cerny should be fine. Glaring omission I think, but we'll see.
Starting XI for Norwich on 10:45 - Aug 20 with 3180 viewswestberksr

bit of a fukkin mess tbh!

Park will play; no way the shirt seller will be dropped at this stage; of the midfielders it is more likely to be tarbs (as we away) or Diakete. One of them needs to accept the deep role and stick to it & Park is probably the most likely until Ali is back in the frame.

Would be tempted to drop Anton of the defenders as he seems to be the least likely to absorb training or instruction. Fabio does have positional issues but as Hayes mentioned looked very good in midfield (albeit at Wycombe) where his headless running around came across as a positive compared to Saturday where it left us open at the back.

Would be tempted to stick BZ up top with Cisse, just can't decide which of the midfield 5 gets to keep the bench warm. Mackie was ok Saturday, Hoilett looked lively & Adel is always capable of doing something.

who'd be a prem manager!
Starting XI for Norwich on 10:53 - Aug 20 with 3157 viewsparker64

I was hoping for something adventurous away from home this season but following Saturday's pasting I expect to see two up front with one dropping off when we don't have the ball. Hughes will have expected 3 points from Saturday and won't want another loss. Expect to see plenty of sitting back, closing the spaces and playing on the break.

Sorry, don't have the time or inclination to guess at the players!
Starting XI for Norwich on 11:05 - Aug 20 with 3116 viewsadhoc_qpr

Without Faurlin we just currently don't have 2 centre midfielders who fit well in a 4-4-2 formation and our best striker Cisse doesn't work in a 4-2-3-1 formation.

It's tricky, but i'd go for:

Green (he'll either redeem himself or inspire Hughes to buy another keeper)
Bosingwa (no other option, Onouha is not a right back)
Ferdinand
Nelson (need a leader, cool head and organiser)
Traore (if he's ever fit).

Derry
Park
Diakite (some good moments, but still raw)

Hoillet (best player on Sat)
Zamora (need some presence upfront, Cisse can't play as the lone striker)
Mackie (or Taraabt)
Starting XI for Norwich on 11:11 - Aug 20 with 3093 viewsJamie

-------------Green------

Bosingwa--Ferd--Nelsen--Fabio/Traore

Park--Derry--Diakite--Hoilett

------Cisse------Zamora------

Even if Bosingwa is only fit for 60 minutes, its 60 minutes without Onouha square pegging at RB. Park is wiling to put a shift in, but like Mackie, he's a nuisance, chasing everything, not someone to crunch a challenge in when its needed.
Starting XI for Norwich on 11:14 - Aug 20 with 3088 viewsRBlock

See i'd just tweak things slightly. Bosingwa in for Ned. Traore at LB, or Fabio if he is injured(but someone please pull fabio over and tell him LB, not LW).
Drop Park back to play alongside diakite, so instead of the 4 1 4 1, we play an actual 4 2 3 1 with Park being more disciplined. Tarbs keeps his place, but if the ball isn't sticking up the pitch enter Zamora.
Starting XI for Norwich on 11:17 - Aug 20 with 3078 viewsWeaverQPR

Starting XI for Norwich on 11:11 - Aug 20 by Jamie

-------------Green------

Bosingwa--Ferd--Nelsen--Fabio/Traore

Park--Derry--Diakite--Hoilett

------Cisse------Zamora------

Even if Bosingwa is only fit for 60 minutes, its 60 minutes without Onouha square pegging at RB. Park is wiling to put a shift in, but like Mackie, he's a nuisance, chasing everything, not someone to crunch a challenge in when its needed.

Id agree with that. Could Bosingwa play CB and get Fabio RB?

@WeavQPR

Starting XI for Norwich on 11:22 - Aug 20 with 3061 viewsjeffro

Just from reading the thread, it seems very interesting that despite all our signings, and even us the fooyball experts cannot agree or choose a team which we think will defeat the mighty Norwich.

All I know and I think we all agree on is that he MUST start 2 up top.
Starting XI for Norwich on 11:23 - Aug 20 with 3052 viewsrobith

I would play Zamora. His ability to create physical problems for CBs creates space for others, and he also makes the ball stick in dangerous areas.

For me, Taraabt was a big part of the problem on Sat. He was supposed to be playing in the hole but instead he was just going round everywhere doing whatever he wanted, slowing play down. He was much more effective last year on the left coming in
Starting XI for Norwich on 11:44 - Aug 20 with 3005 viewsNov77

Starting XI for Norwich on 11:23 - Aug 20 by robith

I would play Zamora. His ability to create physical problems for CBs creates space for others, and he also makes the ball stick in dangerous areas.

For me, Taraabt was a big part of the problem on Sat. He was supposed to be playing in the hole but instead he was just going round everywhere doing whatever he wanted, slowing play down. He was much more effective last year on the left coming in

Adel was the best player on the pitch first half. My only concern was he was dropping too deep to pick the ball up and other players seemed reliant on him to do something to create a chance rather than taking responsibility themselves.

Saint mackie of teflonville missed one open goal and was in full on headless chicken mode most of the game, anyone notice he used every goal we conceded as a reason to go and get a drink from the touch line, at least he wouldn't have got dehydrated on Saturday!

Bringing Derry in is gifting posession to the opposition, though without Barton and faurlin we are lacking in ball winners in the centre. Can't believe with all the new signings we're still so obviously lacking in certain areas. Defending set pieces on sat we only had three players capable of winning a header, Anton, onuaha and clint, and with a keeper who flaps more than a hummingbird you do wonder what teams like stoke will do to us.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Starting XI for Norwich on 12:01 - Aug 20 with 2975 viewskensalriser

No-one fancies Johnson, evidently.

Bonkers to drop Taarabt. Someone said he tried too hard on Sat which seemed an odd thing to say at the time, but I get it now. He needs to learn more strategic and positional discipline and recognise he can't be involved with every ball.

Agree we need Zamora's physical presence against Norwich. They'll joyfully barge us out of the game if they can.

The other thing that worried me was how easily Swansea did us for pace. Not sure if that was down to the formation but if it wasn't we're going to get mullered in the same way again more than once.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Starting XI for Norwich on 12:06 - Aug 20 with 2961 viewsRBlock

So from these last couple of posts, maybe drop Mackie, bring in Bobby, Hoilett can play on the right, Tarbs on the left with a midfield of Samba and Park. in a 4 4 2,
Starting XI for Norwich on 12:09 - Aug 20 with 2943 viewsjeffro

Starting XI for Norwich on 12:06 - Aug 20 by RBlock

So from these last couple of posts, maybe drop Mackie, bring in Bobby, Hoilett can play on the right, Tarbs on the left with a midfield of Samba and Park. in a 4 4 2,

so we're back to my initial team :)
Starting XI for Norwich on 12:10 - Aug 20 with 2941 viewsadhoc_qpr

Starting XI for Norwich on 12:01 - Aug 20 by kensalriser

No-one fancies Johnson, evidently.

Bonkers to drop Taarabt. Someone said he tried too hard on Sat which seemed an odd thing to say at the time, but I get it now. He needs to learn more strategic and positional discipline and recognise he can't be involved with every ball.

Agree we need Zamora's physical presence against Norwich. They'll joyfully barge us out of the game if they can.

The other thing that worried me was how easily Swansea did us for pace. Not sure if that was down to the formation but if it wasn't we're going to get mullered in the same way again more than once.

I think Swansea doing us for pace was more down to individual mistakes and bad positioning.

Hopefully Saturday was just one of those days where it alls goes wrong, hopefully Hughes is working to bring in the players we need (and needed before this result) and we can look back on this as a blip...
Starting XI for Norwich on 13:14 - Aug 20 with 2834 viewscorse

you can change the starting XI in any way you want but that wont change the fact its 50 per cent c..p.
our midfield was useless except hoillet and taarabt.
hughes has mostly brought in his old pals and we ve got to stuck with that incompetent decision. they had over a month to gel together expect hoillet and he was our best last saturday. probably cause he hasnt been yet ruined by hughes managerial and tactical mastermind.
Starting XI for Norwich on 13:35 - Aug 20 with 2784 viewskingo

Starting XI for Norwich on 11:44 - Aug 20 by Nov77

Adel was the best player on the pitch first half. My only concern was he was dropping too deep to pick the ball up and other players seemed reliant on him to do something to create a chance rather than taking responsibility themselves.

Saint mackie of teflonville missed one open goal and was in full on headless chicken mode most of the game, anyone notice he used every goal we conceded as a reason to go and get a drink from the touch line, at least he wouldn't have got dehydrated on Saturday!

Bringing Derry in is gifting posession to the opposition, though without Barton and faurlin we are lacking in ball winners in the centre. Can't believe with all the new signings we're still so obviously lacking in certain areas. Defending set pieces on sat we only had three players capable of winning a header, Anton, onuaha and clint, and with a keeper who flaps more than a hummingbird you do wonder what teams like stoke will do to us.

I agree with this, esoecially about Mackie. Unfortunately he hasn't got the end product to play on the wing, and hasn't got the finishing ability in front of goal. What really worried me on saturday, was that when Swansea were putting balls behind our defence, we didn't have the ability to get back and defend. Green was at fault for the first, but there was nothing he could have done about the other 4.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Starting XI for Norwich on 14:09 - Aug 20 with 2748 viewstom007

1. Green

2. Boswinga

3. Nelsen

4. Derry

5. Traore

6. Hoilett

7. Park

8. Diakite

9. Mackie

10. Zamora

11. Cisse

Subs: