Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Do we reckon that Hughes Meticulous planning has included.... 10:44 - Oct 4 with 6777 viewsjeffro

The fact that Steve Clarke has noticed that Hughes hasnt noticed that playing a big black destroyer in the middle of the park will win them the game. Playing a big lump up top will completely bully our defence and cause issues?

Welcome, Lukaku, Mulumbo, Olson & The rest of the WBA giants.

PLease Hughes, if you do anything, start Hoilett & Adel, play to our strengths and go to win a bloody game away from home for once!!
Do we reckon that Hughes Meticulous planning has included.... on 12:22 - Oct 4 with 1106 viewsTHEBUSH

Because of injuries etc., we can't play our best eleven, whatever that is, so we can at least be organized, you would think !!
I'm sick and tired of seeing our players caught out of position, why can't our coaching staff get them organized , we are a shambles.
Getting beat by better teams is kind of acceptable, but being out thought tactically by average teams is criminal.
Do we reckon that Hughes Meticulous planning has included.... on 12:33 - Oct 4 with 1091 viewsYorkRanger

Do we reckon that Hughes Meticulous planning has included.... on 11:23 - Oct 4 by Northernr

Well honestly, it's like being at school having your work corrected round here sometimes.

thought you knew everything Clive (irony/sarcasm)

Do we reckon that Hughes Meticulous planning has included.... on 12:34 - Oct 4 with 1089 viewsShotKneesHoop

If Hughes picks Park and SWP over Hoilet, Mackie, Taraabt, and Cisse then expect a nailed on defeat on Saturday.

The fans will turn against Hughes after this.

Could be a good thing as I agree with Clive's article in AKUTRS this month that to get football back so that genuine fans can afford to go and watch, it needs to implode.

This means no more Billy Big Bollox buys, ship out SWP, RH, Park and the rest and rely on what we have. We had a team that started to play with spirit last year, this year, we're back to free loaders who can't be arsed anymore.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Do we reckon that Hughes Meticulous planning has included.... on 12:47 - Oct 4 with 1060 viewsYorkRanger

Do we reckon that Hughes Meticulous planning has included.... on 12:34 - Oct 4 by ShotKneesHoop

If Hughes picks Park and SWP over Hoilet, Mackie, Taraabt, and Cisse then expect a nailed on defeat on Saturday.

The fans will turn against Hughes after this.

Could be a good thing as I agree with Clive's article in AKUTRS this month that to get football back so that genuine fans can afford to go and watch, it needs to implode.

This means no more Billy Big Bollox buys, ship out SWP, RH, Park and the rest and rely on what we have. We had a team that started to play with spirit last year, this year, we're back to free loaders who can't be arsed anymore.

Nailed on Park will play Saturday.

Forgetting the back four I think he'll play

Park, Granero, Faurlin
Hoilett, Tarrabt
Zamora
Do we reckon that Hughes Meticulous planning has included.... on 12:52 - Oct 4 with 1052 viewsQPR_Nippon

Do we reckon that Hughes Meticulous planning has included.... on 12:47 - Oct 4 by YorkRanger

Nailed on Park will play Saturday.

Forgetting the back four I think he'll play

Park, Granero, Faurlin
Hoilett, Tarrabt
Zamora

Ideally we'd have Mbia in the middle of midfield to give us a more muscular presence but I think he'll be needed to play in the back four. So, assuming that's the case, that's the front 6 I would go with.
Do we reckon that Hughes Meticulous planning has included.... on 12:54 - Oct 4 with 1045 viewssimmo

Think everything depends on who is fit and what formation we play. If we go with a similar system to Monday I think we will be beaten comprehensively. West Ham would have shown them how to nullify us and WBA play a similar formation and way to them.

If we stick 3 in midfield and our defence holds its own we could at least give them a game and maybe nick a result. Part of me prefers it being like this as I have no expectations and anything we get is a bonus.

Either way I am looking forward to the day and hoping that any additional (and expected) misery is lessened slightly with alcohol.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Do we reckon that Hughes Meticulous planning has included.... on 12:55 - Oct 4 with 1044 viewsbaz_qpr

Do we reckon that Hughes Meticulous planning has included.... on 11:19 - Oct 4 by daveB

i don't agree that Hughes doesn't go for it enough, we basically play a 4-2-4 in most games, sod all protection for the back four and full backs bombing on as well, it's a very attacking team, i think we could do with being a bit more cautious

Not sure about that Dave both park and SWP start from pretty deep position and Park rarely made it into the final third against West Ham
Do we reckon that Hughes Meticulous planning has included.... on 12:56 - Oct 4 with 1041 viewsYorkRanger

Do we reckon that Hughes Meticulous planning has included.... on 12:52 - Oct 4 by QPR_Nippon

Ideally we'd have Mbia in the middle of midfield to give us a more muscular presence but I think he'll be needed to play in the back four. So, assuming that's the case, that's the front 6 I would go with.

I assumed there would be no one returning from entry so the back four is as Monday. If Ferdinand was fit, for example, he may play Mbia but I suspect he would sacrifice Hoilett or Tarrabt and play Granero further forward and slot Mbia in with Park and Faurlin
Login to get fewer ads

Do we reckon that Hughes Meticulous planning has included.... on 12:58 - Oct 4 with 1036 viewsadhoc_qpr

Do we reckon that Hughes Meticulous planning has included.... on 12:55 - Oct 4 by baz_qpr

Not sure about that Dave both park and SWP start from pretty deep position and Park rarely made it into the final third against West Ham

Rarely? I'd love to see a map of Park's touches and i'd be stunned if he actually had the ball anywhere near West Ham's box!
Do we reckon that Hughes Meticulous planning has included.... on 13:25 - Oct 4 with 1003 viewsjeffro

Do we reckon that Hughes Meticulous planning has included.... on 11:50 - Oct 4 by daveB

Hill was playing almost as a left winger for most of the first half the other night, the plan is for them to bomb forward but obviously when it's not dyer, Fabio or Bosingwa it doesn't work as well.

I agree he is slow with his subs but it's usually an attacking one, SWP on for Clint Hill was hardly negative

Bringing SWP on for Hill is negative when SWP comes on at Right back as he did!!
Do we reckon that Hughes Meticulous planning has included.... on 13:34 - Oct 4 with 980 viewsCharlie1

Do we reckon that Hughes Meticulous planning has included.... on 10:56 - Oct 4 by jeffro

Exactly that Clive, I think SC would have done his homework and will see Lakuku, Mulumbo & Olson as a big physical spine to the team which we cant deal with.

We need in my opinion to play 4-3-3, use the width and pace with Zamora holding play up to involve Hoilett & Taarabt.

Agreed though if he plays the same with Park and SWP, we will get over run and he will pile the pressure on himself and it will be self inflicted.

Big big decison from Hughes which as you say will go a long way to determining
a) His continual stubborness
b) His dwindling support of the crowd.

I fear a)

It was ever apparent on Monday.

With a) comes inevitable boring performance and one nil defeat.

Then will come b).

b) will turn into c) which will be a revolution on here. Along with bedlam.

2:59 baby!

Do we reckon that Hughes Meticulous planning has included.... on 14:11 - Oct 4 with 939 viewsdodge_stoke_r

Do we reckon that Hughes Meticulous planning has included.... on 10:56 - Oct 4 by jeffro

Exactly that Clive, I think SC would have done his homework and will see Lakuku, Mulumbo & Olson as a big physical spine to the team which we cant deal with.

We need in my opinion to play 4-3-3, use the width and pace with Zamora holding play up to involve Hoilett & Taarabt.

Agreed though if he plays the same with Park and SWP, we will get over run and he will pile the pressure on himself and it will be self inflicted.

Big big decison from Hughes which as you say will go a long way to determining
a) His continual stubborness
b) His dwindling support of the crowd.

Not saying that I disagree with you, but I don't see him being so bold and attacking away from home as to play a 433
Do we reckon that Hughes Meticulous planning has included.... on 14:17 - Oct 4 with 925 viewsNorthernr

Do we reckon that Hughes Meticulous planning has included.... on 14:11 - Oct 4 by dodge_stoke_r

Not saying that I disagree with you, but I don't see him being so bold and attacking away from home as to play a 433

But the 4-3-3 we played last season was much more solid and secure than the 4-4-2 we're playing now. We had Barton, Derry and Diakite sitting deep with Mackie and Taarabt wide of Zamora. That actually worked well at West Brom last year where Foster made three terrific saves and Kenny let a weak one slip through his hands. We could easily play Granero, Park and Faurlin as that deep three with Hoilett and Taarabt either side of Zamora on Saturday and it would be better than what we had the other night. When everbody is fit Mbia will move forward into the midfield.
Do we reckon that Hughes Meticulous planning has included.... on 14:17 - Oct 4 with 922 viewswestolian

Do we reckon that Hughes Meticulous planning has included.... on 11:21 - Oct 4 by real_loftus

* Zoltan

"Well honestly, it's like being at school having your work corrected round here sometimes"

ATAF

I've found a team sheet for the weekend - anyone interested ?

Do we reckon that Hughes Meticulous planning has included.... on 14:19 - Oct 4 with 918 viewsNov77

The way our defence is playing I'm not sure we can win no matter what team we put out. If taarabt and Hoillet start and we lose will Hughes make them scapegoats again and drop them?

Four of the last five goals we've conceded there were players being left completely unmarked at the far post.
Even when gorkks scored his header from the free kick, reading had two players completely unmarked at the far post, four defenders were trying to mark five attackers with mackie and park scratching their arses outside the penalty area. The back heeled goal in that game was the same. Think we learnt our lesson?
Both west ham goals came from players who were unmarked at the far post.
I really fear for Saturday, John Gregory got the boot after a 5-1 mauling at the Hawthorns, Shirley not 'a little bit of history repeating'?

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Do we reckon that Hughes Meticulous planning has included.... on 14:32 - Oct 4 with 883 viewscheeseydane

Do we reckon that Hughes Meticulous planning has included.... on 11:23 - Oct 4 by Northernr

Well honestly, it's like being at school having your work corrected round here sometimes.

corrected 'around' here sometimes.

Technology advances, unfortunately humans do not.

Do we reckon that Hughes Meticulous planning has included.... on 14:35 - Oct 4 with 881 viewsRBlock

Do we reckon that Hughes Meticulous planning has included.... on 11:17 - Oct 4 by Rangersw12

I get the feeling the formation on Sat could be make or break for the fans , I have defended Hughes and do not want him sacked but if he persists with 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1 and we inevitably get turned over then he clearly hasn't a learnt anything from Mondays game and I think the calls for his head will get louder

Imperative we don't concede early or the atmosphere will be poisonous in the away end

My team for Sat

Cesar
Dyer(if fit)/Harriman
Onuoha
Nelson
Hill

M'bia
Granero
Park
Taarbt
Hoilett

Zamora

433 when we have the ball and 451 when we don't

This. Except i would have Faurlin on as opposed to Park in a 4 3 3/4 5 1. If Hughes starts in the same 442 with SWP and Park i might just go and sit in the shower rocking and crying. My breakdown aside, your spot on about make or break game re: Sparkys crowd support.
Do we reckon that Hughes Meticulous planning has included.... on 14:39 - Oct 4 with 872 viewsRangersw12

Do we reckon that Hughes Meticulous planning has included.... on 14:35 - Oct 4 by RBlock

This. Except i would have Faurlin on as opposed to Park in a 4 3 3/4 5 1. If Hughes starts in the same 442 with SWP and Park i might just go and sit in the shower rocking and crying. My breakdown aside, your spot on about make or break game re: Sparkys crowd support.

Only reason I didn't have Faurlin is that he clearly looked tired on Monday and also I doubt Hughes would drop Park

Do we reckon that Hughes Meticulous planning has included.... on 14:45 - Oct 4 with 861 viewsRBlock

Do we reckon that Hughes Meticulous planning has included.... on 14:39 - Oct 4 by Rangersw12

Only reason I didn't have Faurlin is that he clearly looked tired on Monday and also I doubt Hughes would drop Park

That's fair, Faurlin has had tough return to action and could do with a break, but maybe Everton when Diakite is back? Park is unlikely to be dropped it's true but he has been so ineffective in attack recently.
Do we reckon that Hughes Meticulous planning has included.... on 14:58 - Oct 4 with 850 viewsadhoc_qpr

What about Ehmer at left back? I seem to remember him filling in there in pre-season and he seems to be more seasoned than our other youngsters with 2 decent loan spells at Yeovil under his belt.
Do we reckon that Hughes Meticulous planning has included.... on 15:01 - Oct 4 with 847 viewsNorthernr

Do we reckon that Hughes Meticulous planning has included.... on 14:58 - Oct 4 by adhoc_qpr

What about Ehmer at left back? I seem to remember him filling in there in pre-season and he seems to be more seasoned than our other youngsters with 2 decent loan spells at Yeovil under his belt.

To be honest we need to get Mbia into midfield quickly. I can't see we'd be any worse off putting one of the youngsters in than fielding the back four we did that other night.
Do we reckon that Hughes Meticulous planning has included.... on 15:03 - Oct 4 with 840 viewsjeffro

Do we reckon that Hughes Meticulous planning has included.... on 15:01 - Oct 4 by Northernr

To be honest we need to get Mbia into midfield quickly. I can't see we'd be any worse off putting one of the youngsters in than fielding the back four we did that other night.

Mbia is very assured on the ball and also strong, he is clearly not a CB as he gets dragged out wide and his defensive positioning isnt great. Reading's winner had in by the corner flag whilst Pog stood alone.
Would be a good CM with Granero and Ale.

Desperately missing Bosingwa at the moment.
Do we reckon that Hughes Meticulous planning has included.... on 15:29 - Oct 4 with 817 viewskensalriser

" he seems to trust the likes of SWP and Park to do lots of running to make us compact and hard to beat."

This made me laugh. We haven't been hard to beat since we last played Watford.

He dropped Barton after his stinker against Liverpool and I hope he'll have the sense to drop Park this weekend. Taarabt and Hoilett have both scored excellent goals this season and along with Zamora and at a push, Cisse, look like our only source of goals. Not playing three of those four almost guarantees a defeat unless we're lucky enough to get a goalless draw.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Do we reckon that Hughes Meticulous planning has included.... on 15:32 - Oct 4 with 813 viewsessextaxiboy

Dont worry about it .
I had a post helpfully corrected for grammar for the first time ever yesterday .

Just a cheap point scored when they cant argue with the content IMO .
Do we reckon that Hughes Meticulous planning has included.... on 15:42 - Oct 4 with 799 viewsadhoc_qpr

Do we reckon that Hughes Meticulous planning has included.... on 15:29 - Oct 4 by kensalriser

" he seems to trust the likes of SWP and Park to do lots of running to make us compact and hard to beat."

This made me laugh. We haven't been hard to beat since we last played Watford.

He dropped Barton after his stinker against Liverpool and I hope he'll have the sense to drop Park this weekend. Taarabt and Hoilett have both scored excellent goals this season and along with Zamora and at a push, Cisse, look like our only source of goals. Not playing three of those four almost guarantees a defeat unless we're lucky enough to get a goalless draw.

It's true i wouldn't trust any of our other players to get on the scoresheet - Faurlin and Granero not prolific, maybe Hill or Nelsen from a set piece at a push...

Onouha scored an amazing goal for Sunderland against Chelsea two seasons ago, dribbling past 3 defenders and slotting it in - he has gone massively backwards since then!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024