Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Terry verdict 09:40 - Oct 5 with 2752 viewshoopstilidie

Full written reasons.

*contains bad language*

http://www.thefa.com/News/governance/2012/oct/~/media/22A83175745E44468105B57232

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

Terry verdict on 09:57 - Oct 5 with 1328 viewsBrianMcCarthy

"In contrast with a previous high profile FA disciplinary case involving racial abuse, Mr. Terry‟s racist insult was issued only once. Although once is clearly once too many, the Commission accepts that it was said in the heat of the moment. Had it been said more than once, the entry point penalty would have applied to successive insults."

There it is. Suarez aluded to. Terry guilty of a racist insult, but 'only' one.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Terry verdict on 10:22 - Oct 5 with 1283 viewsE17hoop

7.9...the Commission is quite satisfied, on the balance of probabilities, that there is no credible basis for Mr. Terry‟s defence that his use of the words “ducking black count” were directed at Ferdinand by way of forceful rejection and/or inquiry. Instead, we are quite satisfied, and find on the balance of probabilities, that the offending words were said by way of insult.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

Terry verdict on 10:32 - Oct 5 with 1258 viewsBasingstokeR

At least they saw some sense, if its only a bit.
Terry verdict on 10:36 - Oct 5 with 1246 viewsrobith

On the bit where Terry rejects the FA's authority to bring proceedings against him am I the only one imagining it like Stallone's Judge Dredd? I AM DER LAW
Terry verdict on 11:02 - Oct 5 with 1198 viewsFerdy

Good to see that helmet Ashley Cole was shown up for the dirty lying cheating scumbag that he is.
Terry verdict on 11:03 - Oct 5 with 1190 viewssmegma

Mr. Ferdinand offered to shake hands with Ashley Cole, but the latter refused, saying “nah, you can‟t talk to JT like that.”

So NOW we know why Anton refused to shake his hand the other week. And fans were right to call him JTs bitch.
Terry verdict on 11:15 - Oct 5 with 1158 viewshopphoops

It's worth reading the FA findings, they have Terry and Cole bang to rights. While the criminal magistrate found room for doubt, the FA completely dismantled their case. Primarily, none of them could hear a word each other was saying after the initial handbags.

I reckon Terry continued to deny it, not to protect his reputation as a non-racist (generally accepted) or as a non-scumbag (long lost), but to stop people realising how much Mr super-controlled had lost the plot and can be rattled.

Interesting to see Stuart Ripley on the panel, he's now a practising lawyer and obviously knows more than most what its like on the pitch in these situations.

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Terry verdict on 12:25 - Oct 5 with 1046 viewsJuzzie

I agree about the whole facial expression thing. I remember at the time thinking that no way was the expression/body language of someone on the defence/asking a question. It was clearly an act of aggression/contempt.

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Login to get fewer ads

Terry verdict on 12:34 - Oct 5 with 1014 viewsisawqpratwcity

Terry verdict on 12:25 - Oct 5 by Juzzie

I agree about the whole facial expression thing. I remember at the time thinking that no way was the expression/body language of someone on the defence/asking a question. It was clearly an act of aggression/contempt.

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

You'd have to ask if you'd 'repeat' your alleged query with such contempt, but it's not impossible, so the 'reasonable doubt' still stands, but not with the FA's 'balance of probabilities'. Jeez, it might create doubt, but you'd never seriously believe it as being true.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Terry verdict on 12:48 - Oct 5 with 978 viewsJuzzie

Page 2 also shows Terry to be a diving cheating cnt.

Terry verdict on 13:06 - Oct 5 with 935 viewsNorthernr

Ashley Cole adds:
"@TheRealAC3: Hahahahaa, well done #fa I lied did I, #BUNCHOFTW@TS"
Terry verdict on 13:09 - Oct 5 with 913 viewsdanehoop

Terry verdict on 13:06 - Oct 5 by Northernr

Ashley Cole adds:
"@TheRealAC3: Hahahahaa, well done #fa I lied did I, #BUNCHOFTW@TS"

Oh please let that be a genuine twitter feed. Contempt, game into disrepute and slander charges could follow. Possibly even something under foul and abusive language for criminal proceedings. Lengthy ban for an apparent liar.

Never knowingly understood

Terry verdict on 13:16 - Oct 5 with 896 viewsJamie

Terry verdict on 13:09 - Oct 5 by danehoop

Oh please let that be a genuine twitter feed. Contempt, game into disrepute and slander charges could follow. Possibly even something under foul and abusive language for criminal proceedings. Lengthy ban for an apparent liar.

Its genuine.

A nice few weeks off, few hundred grand lighter and an International career ended.

Who's a clever boy...
Terry verdict on 13:17 - Oct 5 with 885 viewsessextaxiboy

Terry verdict on 13:16 - Oct 5 by Jamie

Its genuine.

A nice few weeks off, few hundred grand lighter and an International career ended.

Who's a clever boy...

The game that cannot stop giving . What a prat.
Terry verdict on 13:19 - Oct 5 with 876 viewssmegma

I think its fake as there's no lispssssss. Plus how can he tweet with his iphone up his 'arris.

John Terrys Bitch indeed.
Terry verdict on 13:26 - Oct 5 with 843 viewssmegma

Good comments in summary by a BBC reporter :

"The written judgement makes for 63 pages of highly unpleasant reading, not just for John Terry, but also for Ashley Cole and Chelsea club secretary David Barnard over the reliability of their evidence.

"Like most people who have seen the footage of Terry's notorious altercation with Anton Ferdinand, the panel came to the conclusion that his explanation - that he was merely saying the abusive words in the form of a question - simply didn't add up. Their view that Terry's defence was 'improbable, implausible and contrived' is damning.

"Unlike the magistrate in July's court case, the panel weren't restricted by the need to find Terry guilty beyond all reasonable doubt. They could simply apply common sense, and having done so, they concluded that on the balance of probabilities he both racially abused Ferdinand, and then lied about it.

"The justification for banning Terry for just four games, and fining him a week's salary will divide opinion, as will the panel's belief that he is not a racist.

"But that conclusion is also crucial because it enables his employers Chelsea to back him. Others, however, will point to the club's decision to ban a fan for life in May for racially abusing former Blues striker Didier Drogba.

"Terry can insist he's innocent, he can appeal, he can play on, he can refer to his court acquittal, but this written judgement ensures his reputation will always be stained beyond repair."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19842795
Terry verdict on 13:28 - Oct 5 with 831 viewsEastR

3 game ban right there. Nice

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Terry verdict on 13:28 - Oct 5 with 830 viewsdanehoop

Terry verdict on 13:26 - Oct 5 by smegma

"The written judgement makes for 63 pages of highly unpleasant reading, not just for John Terry, but also for Ashley Cole and Chelsea club secretary David Barnard over the reliability of their evidence.

"Like most people who have seen the footage of Terry's notorious altercation with Anton Ferdinand, the panel came to the conclusion that his explanation - that he was merely saying the abusive words in the form of a question - simply didn't add up. Their view that Terry's defence was 'improbable, implausible and contrived' is damning.

"Unlike the magistrate in July's court case, the panel weren't restricted by the need to find Terry guilty beyond all reasonable doubt. They could simply apply common sense, and having done so, they concluded that on the balance of probabilities he both racially abused Ferdinand, and then lied about it.

"The justification for banning Terry for just four games, and fining him a week's salary will divide opinion, as will the panel's belief that he is not a racist.

"But that conclusion is also crucial because it enables his employers Chelsea to back him. Others, however, will point to the club's decision to ban a fan for life in May for racially abusing former Blues striker Didier Drogba.

"Terry can insist he's innocent, he can appeal, he can play on, he can refer to his court acquittal, but this written judgement ensures his reputation will always be stained beyond repair."

The last line kind of misses that his reputation was already stained beyond repair. Now its just stained a great deal more.

Terry verdict on 13:29 - Oct 5 with 827 viewsMerthyrHoop

Man Utd fans singing 'Always the victims, it's never your fault' seems a bit misplaced giving all the victimisation they're imagining over at Stamford Bridge.

Magistrate says that JT's evidence appears implausible, independent FA panel finds that he used racist term as an insult, highlight Ashley Cole's 'evolution of evidence', showcase the complicity of club secretary with altering statements to reinforce the position of Terry.

Guilty, bang to rights. Their reaction...JT picks his ball up and goes home with regards to representing his country (the greatest honour imaginable a little while ago), Ashley Cole resorts to name calling from a blackberry keypad, and the club continue to pay JT and select him for games despite a fan of theirs being banned for life for racially abusing Didier Drogba at their FA Cup Semi-Final last season.

Just for a second....imagine if Joey Barton had done any of these things at the end of last season. The FA would probably have declared war on Huyton
Terry verdict on 13:30 - Oct 5 with 812 viewsCharlie1

Terry verdict on 13:26 - Oct 5 by smegma

+1

He'll now be remembered for the odious horrible, disgusting individual that he actually is. Which we all knew in the first place!

2:59 baby!

Terry verdict on 13:32 - Oct 5 with 800 viewsdanehoop

I imagine that Chelsea's PR Department will be working overtime now. Equally I imagine that someones Blackerry is probably vibrating quite a lot right now as his handlers try and get hold of him to make him try and delete his comments.

Terry verdict on 13:33 - Oct 5 with 790 viewstoboboly

Can I ask, if Cashley has changed his statements, as it appears, can he not be charged with perjury?

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Terry verdict on 13:35 - Oct 5 with 773 viewswombat

Terry verdict on 13:32 - Oct 5 by danehoop

I imagine that Chelsea's PR Department will be working overtime now. Equally I imagine that someones Blackerry is probably vibrating quite a lot right now as his handlers try and get hold of him to make him try and delete his comments.

lol what a plank , 3 game ban coming your way very soon ashley

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Terry verdict on 13:39 - Oct 5 with 763 viewsessextaxiboy

I like the bit where it says ....'Loftus Rd is a small compact ground , the crowd is(are) close to the pitch , witnesses comment on the noise generated .

Well done all
Terry verdict on 13:39 - Oct 5 with 756 viewsNorthernr

Terry verdict on 13:32 - Oct 5 by danehoop

To be honest Cole will probably enjoy that

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024