Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
To Catch a Thief - a dilemma? 22:36 - Feb 18 with 17261 viewsOakwoodR

Okay chaps...
While the wife is finishing her degree out in the USA I have moved back in with my dad so I can save money for a bigger house when we settle over there in a couple of years time.
The last couple of months I have noticed money going missing from my wallet. At first I thought it was me spending more than I thought and then I thought someone at work was going into my backpack in the office?
Then last week it all clicked into place - my disgustingly chavvy 45 year old sister who has never had a job in her life and has lived off the state was doing it.
She is round every day freeloading off my dad - eating all her meals here etc.
I worked out than whenever I got up after a night shift she would dash upstairs as soon as I was in the kitchen and when I went back up to my room my wallet, which I always leave on top of the chest of drawers was missing money.

So tonight I set a trap and after showering I set my phone up with a view of my wallet on the chest and went downstairs to make tea and left the phone recording.
Sure enough, bang to rights - I have a lovely video of her rifling through my wallet and stealing the loose change next to it.

Now what do I do?
I really don't want to upset my dad who is now in his mid 80s?
Do I confront her in front of him and then show him the video when she denies it?
Do I confront her alone and tell her I will be showing him the video if she doesn't stop and returns the estimated £200 that's been stolen?
Do i upload the video to YouTube - which is my wifes favourite?

Or something else????
To Catch a Thief - a dilemma? on 21:59 - Feb 24 with 2898 viewsTW_R

To Catch a Thief - a dilemma? on 21:29 - Feb 24 by TearsOfaClown

what make of cricket bat would you suggest?

Definitely an SS Jumbo. Loads of weight behind it.
To Catch a Thief - a dilemma? on 22:35 - Feb 24 with 2850 viewsscot1963

I've got an old Fearnley Nemesis in the cupboard - seems appropriate for retributive justice
To Catch a Thief - a dilemma? on 08:10 - Feb 25 with 2774 viewsShotKneesHoop

To Catch a Thief - a dilemma? on 21:29 - Feb 24 by TearsOfaClown

what make of cricket bat would you suggest?

I'll put my Duncan Fearnley Magnum Gold on EBay for an offer from any one with murder in mind.

200 rand anyone? One careful owner, well oiled, but a bit gnarled round the inside edge. That applies to both bat and owner.

Knees and ankles not worth a J Arthur however, so no point in considering offers for transplants.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

To Catch a Thief - a dilemma? on 08:45 - Feb 25 with 2746 viewswyorksranger

To Catch a Thief - a dilemma? on 08:10 - Feb 25 by ShotKneesHoop

I'll put my Duncan Fearnley Magnum Gold on EBay for an offer from any one with murder in mind.

200 rand anyone? One careful owner, well oiled, but a bit gnarled round the inside edge. That applies to both bat and owner.

Knees and ankles not worth a J Arthur however, so no point in considering offers for transplants.

My devious side would teach her a lesson...

Get a lottery ticket and after the draw (firstly make sure it didnt actually win!) circle all the numbers, making it look like it was a winning ticket.

Put it in your wallet and let her find it, then see if she scarpers and tries to claim the jackpot.

(hmm not sure why I quoted the previous post or how to remove it )
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
To Catch a Thief - a dilemma? on 17:53 - Feb 25 with 2609 viewsSW17_RRR

Any further news on this one???
To Catch a Thief - a dilemma? on 17:57 - Feb 25 with 2599 viewsShotKneesHoop

To Catch a Thief - a dilemma? on 17:53 - Feb 25 by SW17_RRR

Any further news on this one???

Yes, no bids on my Fearnley so far.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

To Catch a Thief - a dilemma? on 18:02 - Feb 25 with 2590 viewsbob566

pour a load of superglue into your wallet just before she arrives.
To Catch a Thief - a dilemma? on 18:40 - Feb 25 with 2538 viewsTearsOfaClown

To Catch a Thief - a dilemma? on 08:45 - Feb 25 by wyorksranger

My devious side would teach her a lesson...

Get a lottery ticket and after the draw (firstly make sure it didnt actually win!) circle all the numbers, making it look like it was a winning ticket.

Put it in your wallet and let her find it, then see if she scarpers and tries to claim the jackpot.

(hmm not sure why I quoted the previous post or how to remove it )

Lotto Ticket
1 - buy a ticket for Euro tomorrow night based on the last jackpot winning numbers
2 - scan it and change the date to the last draw.
3 - print it out (both sides)
4 - pop it in your wallet
5 - she then rings Lotto to claim prize
6 - she gets exposed for fraud
Login to get fewer ads

To Catch a Thief - a dilemma? on 18:53 - Feb 25 with 2529 viewsShotKneesHoop

To Catch a Thief - a dilemma? on 18:40 - Feb 25 by TearsOfaClown

Lotto Ticket
1 - buy a ticket for Euro tomorrow night based on the last jackpot winning numbers
2 - scan it and change the date to the last draw.
3 - print it out (both sides)
4 - pop it in your wallet
5 - she then rings Lotto to claim prize
6 - she gets exposed for fraud

Where do you get these naughty ideas from?

You'll be selling hot albums next.

To Catch a Thief - a dilemma? on 20:10 - Feb 25 with 2479 viewsTearsOfaClown

To Catch a Thief - a dilemma? on 18:53 - Feb 25 by ShotKneesHoop

not me gov.

I stand alone!
To Catch a Thief - a dilemma? on 23:23 - Feb 25 with 2416 viewsCanadaRanger

Maybe a little bit of financial stress payback... A strong magnet next to her non-chip credit cards every time she comes over?
To Catch a Thief - a dilemma? on 23:47 - Feb 25 with 2390 viewsHollowayRanger

posted this a while back seemed worth psting again on this thread

£20 behind the clock soon disapears

and this ones surpossed to be the homehelp!

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

To Catch a Thief - a dilemma? on 04:36 - Feb 26 with 2339 viewsCanadaRanger

Holloway, my Nan had stuff stolen by a "Carer"...
To Catch a Thief - a dilemma? on 10:08 - Feb 26 with 2270 viewsHollowayRanger

To Catch a Thief - a dilemma? on 04:36 - Feb 26 by CanadaRanger

Holloway, my Nan had stuff stolen by a "Carer"...

sadly they are easy prey

this one only had to pay a fine and do a few hours comunnity service

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

To Catch a Thief - a dilemma? on 10:10 - Feb 26 with 2269 viewsTW_R

To Catch a Thief - a dilemma? on 18:53 - Feb 25 by ShotKneesHoop

"Where do you get these naughty ideas from? "

Eh? Didn't he just plagirise it from wyorksranger's post above?
To Catch a Thief - a dilemma? on 14:32 - Feb 26 with 2172 viewsTearsOfaClown

To Catch a Thief - a dilemma? on 10:10 - Feb 26 by TW_R

"Where do you get these naughty ideas from? "

Eh? Didn't he just plagirise it from wyorksranger's post above?

i was just trying to develop the plot . . .

Might consider going for the screen rights.

To Catch a Thief - a dilemma? on 14:38 - Feb 26 with 2168 viewsTW_R

To Catch a Thief - a dilemma? on 14:32 - Feb 26 by TearsOfaClown

i was just trying to develop the plot . . .

Might consider going for the screen rights.

Lol. Fair enough. I'm sure there are plenty of films made in Hollywood that have been ripped off from other peoples ideas. You could be on to a winner.

You need to have a twist at the end though. Maybe the sister is really the dad dressed in disguise?
To Catch a Thief - a dilemma? on 23:19 - Feb 26 with 2035 viewsDylanP

To Catch a Thief - a dilemma? on 14:38 - Feb 26 by TW_R

Lol. Fair enough. I'm sure there are plenty of films made in Hollywood that have been ripped off from other peoples ideas. You could be on to a winner.

You need to have a twist at the end though. Maybe the sister is really the dad dressed in disguise?

"... and I would have got away with it too if it wasn't for you pesky kids!!"

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

To Catch a Thief - a dilemma? on 00:03 - Feb 27 with 2008 viewsTearsOfaClown

To Catch a Thief - a dilemma? on 23:19 - Feb 26 by DylanP

"... and I would have got away with it too if it wasn't for you pesky kids!!"

Scooby Doo?

I am in suspenders waiting for the climax!!!!!
To Catch a Thief - a dilemma? on 13:55 - Feb 27 with 1890 viewsOakwoodR

Just shot my final video less than 5 minutes ago.
It's time to out this piece of crap once and for all.

It's going to be messy..
To Catch a Thief - a dilemma? on 14:02 - Feb 27 with 1877 viewsOakwoodR

Okay guys..

So after she lifted £20 from my wallet this morning on film I decided I had enough recorded for my needs.
I took my dad into the garden and told him what had been happening and showed him the latest video.
We both went inside to confront her and she flatly denied even going into my room let alone taking money from my wallet. I asked her why I had £30 in my wallet half and hour ago and only £10 now?
Again she denied it completely. My dad then told her that he had seen it on video. She started floundering and said she had just taken a couple of pound coins to buy food for my dog..
My dad actually called her a lying bitch and told her to return the £20 she had just taken. She still denied having taken it so I showed her the video at arms length and then went back to my gallery where I have 5 others all stored on my phone (and uploaded on YouTube for safe keeping)
I rather forcefully told her that if a single penny went missing from my room I would be passing the memory stick onto the police and I would be making the videos public on youtube so people could see what a piece of sh!t she was.
I added that if she wanted money she should get off her fat arse and get a job as I was sick of getting up at 4:30am and paying taxes so that freeloading wasters like her can sit around all day and ponce off society.
I have left them to it for now as I don't have a right to tell my dad to throw her out and take her key off her. It's his house and his decision. If he wasn't aware before what a piece of dirt she was, he is now.

I will see how the land lies later this evening but I think I will be sharing the video highlights with everyone at LFW. You all need a bit of cheering up after this season from hell!

Should I have done anything differently??
To Catch a Thief - a dilemma? on 15:19 - Feb 27 with 1819 viewsloftboy

So she thought it would be ok if it was just a couple of pounds!

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

To Catch a Thief - a dilemma? on 15:28 - Feb 27 with 1797 viewsQPunkR

No mate, sounds like you've handled everything well. Hope the fallout goes as well as can be expected

QPR - "shit but local"

To Catch a Thief - a dilemma? on 15:38 - Feb 27 with 1778 viewsQPR_Jim

To Catch a Thief - a dilemma? on 14:02 - Feb 27 by OakwoodR

Okay guys..

So after she lifted £20 from my wallet this morning on film I decided I had enough recorded for my needs.
I took my dad into the garden and told him what had been happening and showed him the latest video.
We both went inside to confront her and she flatly denied even going into my room let alone taking money from my wallet. I asked her why I had £30 in my wallet half and hour ago and only £10 now?
Again she denied it completely. My dad then told her that he had seen it on video. She started floundering and said she had just taken a couple of pound coins to buy food for my dog..
My dad actually called her a lying bitch and told her to return the £20 she had just taken. She still denied having taken it so I showed her the video at arms length and then went back to my gallery where I have 5 others all stored on my phone (and uploaded on YouTube for safe keeping)
I rather forcefully told her that if a single penny went missing from my room I would be passing the memory stick onto the police and I would be making the videos public on youtube so people could see what a piece of sh!t she was.
I added that if she wanted money she should get off her fat arse and get a job as I was sick of getting up at 4:30am and paying taxes so that freeloading wasters like her can sit around all day and ponce off society.
I have left them to it for now as I don't have a right to tell my dad to throw her out and take her key off her. It's his house and his decision. If he wasn't aware before what a piece of dirt she was, he is now.

I will see how the land lies later this evening but I think I will be sharing the video highlights with everyone at LFW. You all need a bit of cheering up after this season from hell!

Should I have done anything differently??

No I think that sounds spot on. As others have said your Dad deserves to know what she's up to as she might be doing the same (or worse) to him. Also the threat to take it to the police was probably the right compromise on that front as well. Doesn't matter that it's family if anything that makes the crime worse IMO.

I hope she holds her hands up and admits to it at some point, might be the shock she needs to sort herself out with a job and get her own money.
To Catch a Thief - a dilemma? on 15:42 - Feb 27 with 1761 viewsMetallica_Hoop

You did the right thing mate, she's had her warning. If it happens again...F'k her.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024