Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
To Catch a Thief - a dilemma? 22:36 - Feb 18 with 17343 viewsOakwoodR

Okay chaps...
While the wife is finishing her degree out in the USA I have moved back in with my dad so I can save money for a bigger house when we settle over there in a couple of years time.
The last couple of months I have noticed money going missing from my wallet. At first I thought it was me spending more than I thought and then I thought someone at work was going into my backpack in the office?
Then last week it all clicked into place - my disgustingly chavvy 45 year old sister who has never had a job in her life and has lived off the state was doing it.
She is round every day freeloading off my dad - eating all her meals here etc.
I worked out than whenever I got up after a night shift she would dash upstairs as soon as I was in the kitchen and when I went back up to my room my wallet, which I always leave on top of the chest of drawers was missing money.

So tonight I set a trap and after showering I set my phone up with a view of my wallet on the chest and went downstairs to make tea and left the phone recording.
Sure enough, bang to rights - I have a lovely video of her rifling through my wallet and stealing the loose change next to it.

Now what do I do?
I really don't want to upset my dad who is now in his mid 80s?
Do I confront her in front of him and then show him the video when she denies it?
Do I confront her alone and tell her I will be showing him the video if she doesn't stop and returns the estimated £200 that's been stolen?
Do i upload the video to YouTube - which is my wifes favourite?

Or something else????
To Catch a Thief - a dilemma? on 10:58 - Feb 19 with 2704 viewshoof_hearted

To Catch a Thief - a dilemma? on 10:31 - Feb 19 by w12bornnbred

Meet me in the springbk at 1pm on Saturday and I will bring some counterfeit notes for you she can then get nicked trying to spend them she will then have the dilemma of grassing herself up to you.

Hahaha Best answer if it wasn't family!

Protect your dad from her by telling him. Unless he is seriously ill then he'll be able to cope - old 'uns have seen it all before and aren't easily shocked.

Prepare him and yourself to stay calm whatever happens and not turn anything into a big row then confront her head on but quietly. You want to express disappointment and an agreement that it will never happen again but you will call the police if it does.

Love
Dierdre

NO BOOZE BEFORE THE DISUSSION FOR ANY OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!
To Catch a Thief - a dilemma? on 11:00 - Feb 19 with 2703 viewsTheBlob

Have you ever considered strapping the wallet to a Rotweiller?

Poll: So how was the season for you?

To Catch a Thief - a dilemma? on 11:15 - Feb 19 with 2681 viewsstevec

Shame her in front of your Dad. Don't mention the video, but when all 3 of you together, mention how much has gone missing from your wallet. Gives her the opportunity to own up, which would be a bonus as you and your Dad can show how p'd off you are but acknowledge she at least came forward. If not, let a few awkward silences creep in, she'll soon know you're both thinking its her and if she denies it, watch her dig a hole. Keep quiet and if she categorically denies it, ask her in front of your Dad, if anyone would like to see a video you took recently. Don't get angry, just show it and say feck all and see what happens. No need to say a word mate, damage done (and no need for the old bill).
To Catch a Thief - a dilemma? on 11:18 - Feb 19 with 2676 viewsOakwoodR

To Catch a Thief - a dilemma? on 11:00 - Feb 19 by TheBlob

Have you ever considered strapping the wallet to a Rotweiller?

Yes - but as I mentioned, she is finishing her degree in the USA.
To Catch a Thief - a dilemma? on 11:48 - Feb 19 with 2659 viewsscot1963

To Catch a Thief - a dilemma? on 11:18 - Feb 19 by OakwoodR

Yes - but as I mentioned, she is finishing her degree in the USA.

To Catch a Thief - a dilemma? on 11:58 - Feb 19 with 2645 viewsbob566

pretend to be in the shower. Nip around to hers while she's rifling through your wallet. Nick her flat screen. Pawn it. Sorted.
To Catch a Thief - a dilemma? on 12:05 - Feb 19 with 2636 viewswestolian

By a banjo

You'll never see her again !

I've found a team sheet for the weekend - anyone interested ?

To Catch a Thief - a dilemma? on 13:28 - Feb 19 with 2582 viewstoboboly

To Catch a Thief - a dilemma? on 12:05 - Feb 19 by westolian

By a banjo

You'll never see her again !

Your spelling is worse than mine today!

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Login to get fewer ads

To Catch a Thief - a dilemma? on 14:08 - Feb 19 with 2547 viewsTHEBUSH

I've had an experience like this and the person was stealing money, to buy drugs.

If this is the case, the only way out, is to inform the police.
To Catch a Thief - a dilemma? on 23:45 - Feb 19 with 2467 viewsTearsOfaClown

To Catch a Thief - a dilemma? on 10:00 - Feb 19 by OakwoodR

Thanks for all the responses so far chaps.
There are so many different avenues that I could take here and Im still considering all of them.
I wont go into detail here but I detest her and have hardly said a word to her in 15 years. My mum was of a similar opinion and told me a couple of weeks before she died that she wished my sister had never been born. My dad barely tolerates her as she is his daughter and for no other reason.
I'm not worried about giving my dad a corinary or anything like that - he is 83 but acts like a 50 year old.
It's a really crap situation to be in. I'm at work now and she is probably there now rifling through the draws in my room looking for cash...

Can you give us an update please.
To Catch a Thief - a dilemma? on 03:27 - Feb 20 with 2442 viewsDylanP

Horrible situation. Tell your Dad. If she's stealing off you then she is probably stealing off him too.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

To Catch a Thief - a dilemma? on 07:10 - Feb 20 with 2421 viewsOakwoodR

To Catch a Thief - a dilemma? on 23:45 - Feb 19 by TearsOfaClown

Can you give us an update please.

I was out last night straight from work so I haven't spoken to anyone yet.
I think I'm going to speak to my dad first tonight and then confront her in front of him with him already aware of what's been happening so he can see what a lying and thieving piece of dirt she really is.
I have uploaded the clip to YouTube but have it set as private so only people I sent the link to can view it at the moment.
It gives me a fall back in case my mobile mysteriously went walkabout - which I wouldn't put past her.
Was severely tempted by the dodgy tenners idea from this thread and from a couple of people at work - however the risk of her giving it to my dad to buy her cigarettes with at the shops makes it a non starter.

Interesting evening awaits!
To Catch a Thief - a dilemma? on 07:29 - Feb 20 with 2410 viewsPommyhoop

To Catch a Thief - a dilemma? on 07:10 - Feb 20 by OakwoodR

I think I'm going to speak to my dad first tonight and then confront her in front of him with him already aware of what's been happening so he can see what a lying and thieving piece of dirt she really is.
I have uploaded the clip to YouTube but have it set as private so only people I sent the link to can view it at the moment.
It gives me a fall back in case my mobile mysteriously went walkabout - which I wouldn't put past her.
Was severely tempted by the dodgy tenners idea from this thread and from a couple of people at work - however the risk of her giving it to my dad to buy her cigarettes with at the shops makes it a non starter.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

To Catch a Thief - a dilemma? on 08:51 - Feb 20 with 2388 viewsCiderwithRsie

Brian McCarthy is probably right but FWIW she sounds a lot like my sister-in-law. If so I imagine your Dad has few illusions and if he has all his marbles is probably already taking what steps he needs to protect himself. So, if it was me, [and obviously its not] I wouldn't involve your Dad - he's helping you out by giving you a place to stay and fit though he may be I doubt he needs to be sorting out disputes between his kids when they are grown up.

I think I'd take steps to keep my belongings safe and then have a word with her to make her know what you think of her - you could make it clear that you have the option of involving the police if you want. I imagine there's no chance of getting your money back anyway.

Karma gets everyone in the end. If her mum wished she hadn't been born and her dad barely tolerates her then she's not got a lot for her sponging and stealing.
To Catch a Thief - a dilemma? on 08:57 - Feb 20 with 2384 viewsCanadaRanger

To Catch a Thief - a dilemma? on 07:10 - Feb 20 by OakwoodR

Good plan.

I still think being found out is not going to be enough to make her stop, as there are still no consequences - unless your Dad cuts her out of his Will, etc.

I presume she has keys to your Dad's home... Seriously need to look at excluding her until she's willing to get help.

Again, a trip to the police station may be the only jolt that will work after all this time. Sorry to say it, but can't think there's any other way if she is to be made to realise she has to stop.
To Catch a Thief - a dilemma? on 13:18 - Feb 20 with 2251 viewswestolian

To Catch a Thief - a dilemma? on 13:28 - Feb 19 by toboboly

Your spelling is worse than mine today!

I blame typing with fat chubby fingers on an i-phone

I've found a team sheet for the weekend - anyone interested ?

To Catch a Thief - a dilemma? on 15:09 - Feb 20 with 2196 viewsHollowayRanger

got any mates in the police force that could pay her an unofficial visit!

or hire a costume from facncy dress shop

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

To Catch a Thief - a dilemma? on 21:49 - Feb 20 with 2125 viewsTW_R

To Catch a Thief - a dilemma? on 15:09 - Feb 20 by HollowayRanger

got any mates in the police force that could pay her an unofficial visit!

or hire a costume from facncy dress shop

" or hire a costume from facncy dress shop"

Good idea, but I really don't think this is an appropriate time to dress up as a nun in crotchless panties!!
To Catch a Thief - a dilemma? on 21:51 - Feb 20 with 2119 viewsOakwoodR

Update...

Decided on a slight change of tact.
Came home tonight and got changed. Took the money out of my wallet and put in my pocket before leaving my camera running and going downstairs.
As if by magic she bolted upstairs like a wildebeest and was caught on film again rifling through my money and actually cursing when she found it empty..
The lion is toying with the wildebeest before putting it out of it's misery with one final blow.
I'm thinking 5 separate videos edited together before the grande finale of catching her in the act..

Will look amazing on YouTube and she can't say it was a one off!
To Catch a Thief - a dilemma? on 21:58 - Feb 20 with 2111 viewsTGRRRSSS

Probably a good tactic mate although it;'s a real shame she's like this.

Not sure what went on before but with what her Mum had said about her it cannot have helped her self esteem and stuff.

Just to parlty play devils advocate, that being said it's a shame you can't rely on your sister not to steal from you.
To Catch a Thief - a dilemma? on 01:55 - Feb 21 with 2062 viewsCanadaRanger

To Catch a Thief - a dilemma? on 21:51 - Feb 20 by OakwoodR

Update...

Decided on a slight change of tact.
Came home tonight and got changed. Took the money out of my wallet and put in my pocket before leaving my camera running and going downstairs.
As if by magic she bolted upstairs like a wildebeest and was caught on film again rifling through my money and actually cursing when she found it empty..
The lion is toying with the wildebeest before putting it out of it's misery with one final blow.
I'm thinking 5 separate videos edited together before the grande finale of catching her in the act..

Will look amazing on YouTube and she can't say it was a one off!

She's got to be thick as two very short planks to get caught on camera 5 times without noticing something.

Anyway, I'm sure there's a couple of hundred good folks on here who'll help make the video go viral. Suggest you sell the story to The Sun for, say, 200-300 pounds, and get your money back!
To Catch a Thief - a dilemma? on 02:10 - Feb 21 with 2058 viewsRed_Ranger

junkie.
or fuelling someone elses habit. boyfriend perhaps.
in any case needs help.
talk to her.
help her ffs - shes your sister!
To Catch a Thief - a dilemma? on 02:48 - Feb 21 with 2052 viewsCanadaRanger

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/bristol/somerset/4182845.stm

A useful bathroom product.

Also used in a pub in Windsor...
To Catch a Thief - a dilemma? on 09:59 - Feb 21 with 1994 viewsTheBlob

Hang on though,aren't there legal considerations to publishing "name and shame" vids?

Poll: So how was the season for you?

To Catch a Thief - a dilemma? on 10:10 - Feb 21 with 1975 viewsCanadaRanger

To Catch a Thief - a dilemma? on 09:59 - Feb 21 by TheBlob

Hang on though,aren't there legal considerations to publishing "name and shame" vids?

Like this one?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024