Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nani sent off 21:00 - Mar 5 with 12866 viewsLandofoz89

Fergie's face a picture

Meet me by the railway track

Nani sent off on 21:55 - Mar 5 with 1855 viewsStanisgod

Fight, fight, fight.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Nani sent off on 21:57 - Mar 5 with 1835 viewsClive_Anderson

Love the comments about legend Roy Keane on the Man Utd messageboard:

"Roy Keane is an utter prick of a man. Horrible little c@nt who has such a chip on his shoulder when it comes United its embarrassing."

"Because he is a c@nting bell end. Always has been.

We just ignored it because he played for us."
Nani sent off on 21:58 - Mar 5 with 1822 viewsWesty75

As soon as they started up that annoying f*cking song again I knew I wanted them to lose.
Nani sent off on 21:58 - Mar 5 with 1814 viewsLewes_r

Dunno about you lot but im much more dissapointed by the fact that Roy Keane obviously dyes his hair

Poll: Who do we want down with us and Burnley?

Nani sent off on 21:59 - Mar 5 with 1808 viewsN12Hoop

Nani sent off on 21:58 - Mar 5 by Westy75

As soon as they started up that annoying f*cking song again I knew I wanted them to lose.

I knew I wanted them to lose before kick-off.

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

Nani sent off on 21:59 - Mar 5 with 1807 viewsNorthLondonR

Nani sent off on 21:51 - Mar 5 by ingeminate

Keane always riveting, Southgate only ever a word or two from a beating.

Completely agree with the ref's decision. If you dangle your studs in the air and being a footballing demigod as apparently all united players are, including the pedestrian Carrick, you make no contact with the ball, in fact the ball had gone, irrespective of whether you were looking at the ball, you were not in control and you caught the opponent in the thigh with your studs...dangerous play. Nani is not in control of the challenge, and to cap it, tried in true united style to play act at the end.

Some argued at the time that De Jong had his eye on the ball in the 2010 final and it was blue murder that he stayed in the pitch.

United fans (all the words to all the songs) need to remember that their status has less impact in Europe and two footed mid-air lunges that wrap around an opponents leg (Rooney vs Diakite) are punished in football, this is not the rarified atmosphere of your Phil Dowd biased premier league (best in the world) game.
Nani sent off on 22:02 - Mar 5 with 1774 viewsted_hendrix

I thought the two Real Madrid goals were well worked and excellently taken.

In fact you could call them winners.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Nani sent off on 22:03 - Mar 5 with 1761 viewschris1969

Nani sent off on 21:48 - Mar 5 by Jamie

Doesn't want to rule himself out of a potential Utd job.

Ps Roy Keane, SPOT ON. Reckless challenge, red card.

Thought it was a Yellow card no more.

Do overhead kicks now count as reckless same principle back turned often the defender gets caught.

Referee took center stage and ruined a good even battle

P.S really gutted for Ashley cheating git and Mourinho get out of Fergies ****
Login to get fewer ads

Nani sent off on 22:04 - Mar 5 with 1748 viewsTW_R

Nani sent off on 22:02 - Mar 5 by ted_hendrix

I thought the two Real Madrid goals were well worked and excellently taken.

In fact you could call them winners.

Yes - both very good goals. The build up and little flick to set up the cross for Ronaldo's goal was excellent.
Nani sent off on 22:14 - Mar 5 with 1677 viewsJeff

Ha! when i was logging into LFW i thought to myself 'i bet Jamie defends the sending off...'and here he is, in the face of the common wisdom, yet again, regular as clockwork.

look, i'm no Man Utd fan, and i'm a fully paid up member of the 'that one's for Derry, what goes around comes around club', and i was cheering for Real from the get go, and Man U fully get more than their fair share of decisions in their favour, but you have to admit, it was never a sending off in a million years.

Can we not knock it?

Nani sent off on 22:17 - Mar 5 with 1654 viewsNorthernr

I know I hate them and I'm biased but at normal speed, which is all the referee has, I can see why he's given a red. High and reckless. Of course, when you look at the replays, it's a yellow, but no replays for the referee. At normal speed I'd have sent him off as well I think.

Either way, fcking hilarious
Nani sent off on 22:18 - Mar 5 with 1642 viewsMedwayR

Never a red card. Ball was high so he put his foot up to control it, he hasn't smashed his studs into the player, his leg is flexed so not going to do any damage. Roy Keane says it was a red card because it was dangerous, but what was dangerous about it, the only was a danger that he'd catch the RM in the midriff so there was no danger of serious injury, not exactly head height was it. More danger of injury from clash of heads when going up for a header, don't see red cards for that.

Far east betting syndicate just cashed in...

Poll: Who’s better?

Nani sent off on 22:18 - Mar 5 with 1640 viewsTGRRRSSS

Some claiming (not just United fans) it was a PLatini match fix.

Hilarious to see United cheated studs high is a debate all the time.
The way I see it is would it be a red card if it was say Diakite on Van Persie
Nani sent off on 22:19 - Mar 5 with 1638 viewsactonman

This is where football has made a rod for its own back, if nanni went for a normal tackle with studs up and off the ground then it's a straight red according to the "rules" so why is this any different ?
On the other hand in the first half , Madrid goalie tries to punch the ball out , completely misses and decks vidic, why can a goalie do that and get away with it ?
Nani sent off on 22:19 - Mar 5 with 1635 viewsJamie

Nani sent off on 22:14 - Mar 5 by Jeff

Ha! when i was logging into LFW i thought to myself 'i bet Jamie defends the sending off...'and here he is, in the face of the common wisdom, yet again, regular as clockwork.

look, i'm no Man Utd fan, and i'm a fully paid up member of the 'that one's for Derry, what goes around comes around club', and i was cheering for Real from the get go, and Man U fully get more than their fair share of decisions in their favour, but you have to admit, it was never a sending off in a million years.

Disagree, foot up ludicrously high and studs planted in Arbeloa's chest. Ref doesn't get 73 Slo mo replays to see where Nani is looking and take 25 minutes discussing it with the group.

In real time it looked reckless and nasty and the ref made the correct decision based on what he could see. IMO.

*edit* as per Norf above.

Would also add that in real time, the ref didn't see Rafaels arms well above head height clear it off the line, yet on 73 Slo mo replays we can...
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Nani sent off on 22:21 - Mar 5 with 1615 viewskomradkirk

I can never see enough misery or misfortune go the way of that lot.
makes work and life in general more bearable in this neck of the woods.
been silly talk about the treble again.
the double is fcuk all at their level.

ashley young rofl lol etc etc
Nani sent off on 22:21 - Mar 5 with 1606 viewsNorthLondonR

Nani sent off on 22:17 - Mar 5 by Northernr

I know I hate them and I'm biased but at normal speed, which is all the referee has, I can see why he's given a red. High and reckless. Of course, when you look at the replays, it's a yellow, but no replays for the referee. At normal speed I'd have sent him off as well I think.

Either way, fcking hilarious

I think it's worse on the replay and then the play acting too! Ferguson crowing for Kompany's red and sending off - definitely Karma.
Nani sent off on 22:24 - Mar 5 with 1576 viewsJigsore

Not the worst decision I've ever seen in fairness but he's a tough ref - didn't United do their homework?

Interesting things being said about Roy Keane. Talk of hypocrisy but I just think it makes the most qualified person to talk about it, possibly in the world

Mourinho getting plenty of arse-licking in, after Fergie's job for sure

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Nani sent off on 22:24 - Mar 5 with 1573 viewsBushman

Ball over chest height head it
Ball under waist height kick it

Asking for trouble if you don't either way.

I know almost nothing about the Premier League even though I try to catch the big games every now and then at the end of the season. But I will say this, Queens Park Rangers is just a fukking sick ass team name. Just sounds so cool.

Nani sent off on 22:26 - Mar 5 with 1557 viewsBklynRanger

I don't think it was a red but the scenes of fury and outrage were great.

Mourinho in the post-match was classic Mourinho - only looking out for himself and thinking of his next little project.
Nani sent off on 22:33 - Mar 5 with 1511 viewsBAWHoops

Not a red card.

However United's failure to adapt to the situation was awful. Mourinho sent on Modric whilst Fergie just stood there. Needed an extra midfielder on for the ineffective RVP or perhaps Welbeck.
Got tactically done when the situation changed.
Can't feel sorry for them after what happened last season

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Nani sent off on 22:37 - Mar 5 with 1494 viewsBushman

Nani sent off on 22:26 - Mar 5 by BklynRanger

I don't think it was a red but the scenes of fury and outrage were great.

Mourinho in the post-match was classic Mourinho - only looking out for himself and thinking of his next little project.

Master of kiddology.........he can say what he wants.....his team are through..

Makes all the right noises "better team won" & won't comment on sending off.

Stays in pole position for red nose's job.

The only thing Jose Mourinho cares about is Jose Mourinho.

I know almost nothing about the Premier League even though I try to catch the big games every now and then at the end of the season. But I will say this, Queens Park Rangers is just a fukking sick ass team name. Just sounds so cool.

Nani sent off on 22:41 - Mar 5 with 1470 viewsN12Hoop

BBC: It is Mike Phelan who will face the press for Manchester United. He says that he has just left behind "a distraught dressing room" and a "distraught manager" and that is why he is on media duties.

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

Nani sent off on 22:43 - Mar 5 with 1459 viewsNorthernr

Nani sent off on 22:41 - Mar 5 by N12Hoop

BBC: It is Mike Phelan who will face the press for Manchester United. He says that he has just left behind "a distraught dressing room" and a "distraught manager" and that is why he is on media duties.

Stop it, you're killing me

Nani sent off on 22:44 - Mar 5 with 1450 viewsdanehoop

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21679307

Still. Good to see the Special One making it clear he is available for future employment in Manchester should the need arise.

Never knowingly understood

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024