Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Roy the boy - Fulham connection makes victory in Rio a foregone conclusion. 08:34 - Oct 16 with 2148 viewsKonk

1966 will always be remembered as the George Cohen final, everyone knows that England have only ever scored nine against Scotland with a Fulham player as captain, and our last WC semi-final was achieved under another former Fulham player and manager. Therefore, with not one, but two former managers of the Whites spearheading England’s assault on Rio, a triumphant campaign seems inevitable. Especially when you consider that Ray Lew not only managed, but also played for Fulham.

Those of us who consider ourselves close friends of Roymond and Raymond — we once spent an evening together in Sofia — never doubted for one moment that they would lead us to Brazil. Having watched a RayRoy directed team despatch some of Europe’s mightiest clubs on our path to almost glory in 2010, I know that RayRoy have what it takes to get the most from a limited team of players who are willing to trust their coaches. By the time the WC comes around, we will be a clinical, disciplined, lovable unit of footballing excellence. Lump on, fill your boots etc.

Either that or we’ll be shi t in the group games and go out against someone half decent in the quarters.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Roy the boy - Fulham connection makes victory in Rio a foregone conclusion. on 08:50 - Oct 16 with 2126 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Bollox. It will be the Walker/Townsend QPR Connection.

Actually warming to Roy now he's playing attackie.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Roy the boy - Fulham connection makes victory in Rio a foregone conclusion. on 08:52 - Oct 16 with 2117 viewssmegma

You forgot to mention Chris Smalling and ex Fulham Paul Parker played in the 90 semi. Plus Gascoigne once bought a kebab in Putney.
Roy the boy - Fulham connection makes victory in Rio a foregone conclusion. on 08:55 - Oct 16 with 2113 viewstoboboly

Am I the only one that thought we looked pretty poor overall?

Smalling looked lost, especially early on, Baines is our best left back for years yet the pundits continually get on all fours for Cashley, defensively we were caught out far too many times against a solid but not exceptional team.

FFS Danny Mills reckoned we missed the prescence of Terry!!??

Welbeck and Sturridge got in good positions but couldn't control the ball, the passing in the middle of the pitch was poor and Poland probably should have scored a few themselves.

Against a decent side we will struggle. Against most teams in the Brasilian heat we will struggle.

Andros was brilliant however. Great to see him doing well. Woy will probably bench him as soon as Walcott is fit however, and don't get me started on Wilshere, useless sod.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Roy the boy - Fulham connection makes victory in Rio a foregone conclusion. on 08:57 - Oct 16 with 2110 viewsKonk

Roy the boy - Fulham connection makes victory in Rio a foregone conclusion. on 08:52 - Oct 16 by smegma

You forgot to mention Chris Smalling and ex Fulham Paul Parker played in the 90 semi. Plus Gascoigne once bought a kebab in Putney.

I was going to mention Parker, but from memory, it was his deflection that allowed Brehme to beat Shilton and also, I don’t like the bloke. As for Smalling, I thought he played well last night, but still not overly-convinced — always seems to have a mistake in him. If he cocks up in Brazil, I don’t want anyone pointing the finger at Fulham.

Roy the boy - Fulham connection makes victory in Rio a foregone conclusion. on 08:59 - Oct 16 with 2109 viewssmegma

"Am I the only one that thought we looked pretty poor overall? "

You obviously didnt watch the two qualifiers against Ukraine then if you think that.
Roy the boy - Fulham connection makes victory in Rio a foregone conclusion. on 09:00 - Oct 16 with 2104 viewstoboboly

Roy the boy - Fulham connection makes victory in Rio a foregone conclusion. on 08:59 - Oct 16 by smegma

"Am I the only one that thought we looked pretty poor overall? "

You obviously didnt watch the two qualifiers against Ukraine then if you think that.

You're right, I didn't. Based on last night I wasn't impressed with what I saw.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Roy the boy - Fulham connection makes victory in Rio a foregone conclusion. on 09:05 - Oct 16 with 2100 viewsjeffro

Roy the boy - Fulham connection makes victory in Rio a foregone conclusion. on 08:57 - Oct 16 by Konk

I was going to mention Parker, but from memory, it was his deflection that allowed Brehme to beat Shilton and also, I don’t like the bloke. As for Smalling, I thought he played well last night, but still not overly-convinced — always seems to have a mistake in him. If he cocks up in Brazil, I don’t want anyone pointing the finger at Fulham.

Watch again, who plays the pefectly weighted ball into Lineker's pat hto score the equaliser.
Roy the boy - Fulham connection makes victory in Rio a foregone conclusion. on 09:09 - Oct 16 with 2093 viewsKonk

Roy the boy - Fulham connection makes victory in Rio a foregone conclusion. on 09:05 - Oct 16 by jeffro

Watch again, who plays the pefectly weighted ball into Lineker's pat hto score the equaliser.

Former Fulham hero, Paul Parker?

Login to get fewer ads

Roy the boy - Fulham connection makes victory in Rio a foregone conclusion. on 09:31 - Oct 16 with 2061 viewssmegma

Roy the boy - Fulham connection makes victory in Rio a foregone conclusion. on 09:09 - Oct 16 by Konk

Former Fulham hero, Paul Parker?

Who was playing for QPR at the time......but then you knew that. Oh forgot, you cant stand him !
Roy the boy - Fulham connection makes victory in Rio a foregone conclusion. on 12:14 - Oct 16 with 1983 viewsisawqpratwcity

Konk, I don't know how I got to be a QPR supporter. My Dad, who supported QPR on a geographic basis (closest to home, best, but then reduce appropriately: if not QPR, then Fulham, Arsenal, etc.), took me to a few games: an abysmal game at White City, two games at Arsenal (loved the half-time band and George Eastham, but the second visit was a complete demolition by a rampant Man U side with Charlton, Law and (maybe, not sure) Best; also a couple of games at the Cottage, Fulham still in their Div 1 days (when they finally went down he reckoned they deserved it, they'd been escaping relegation for way too long).

Anyway, I did get to see both Geoff Cohen and Johnny Haynes.

My Dad's favourite football heckle: "Cohen, Cohen, give the Rabbi the ball..."

Yeh, no accounting for taste.

Edit: misspelt Haynes.
[Post edited 16 Oct 2013 12:53]

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Roy the boy - Fulham connection makes victory in Rio a foregone conclusion. on 12:40 - Oct 16 with 1948 viewssmegma

Roy the boy - Fulham connection makes victory in Rio a foregone conclusion. on 12:14 - Oct 16 by isawqpratwcity

Konk, I don't know how I got to be a QPR supporter. My Dad, who supported QPR on a geographic basis (closest to home, best, but then reduce appropriately: if not QPR, then Fulham, Arsenal, etc.), took me to a few games: an abysmal game at White City, two games at Arsenal (loved the half-time band and George Eastham, but the second visit was a complete demolition by a rampant Man U side with Charlton, Law and (maybe, not sure) Best; also a couple of games at the Cottage, Fulham still in their Div 1 days (when they finally went down he reckoned they deserved it, they'd been escaping relegation for way too long).

Geoff Cohens hat-trick was what won the world cup, as Konk will attest !!
Roy the boy - Fulham connection makes victory in Rio a foregone conclusion. on 12:45 - Oct 16 with 1938 viewsKonk

Roy the boy - Fulham connection makes victory in Rio a foregone conclusion. on 12:14 - Oct 16 by isawqpratwcity

Given some of the players you’ve seen through your time following QPR, I’d say you probably made a good shout. Still, brilliant that a club like Fulham could have a player like Haynes for his whole career and also an English player in a WC winning side. Wish that was still possible.

Yep, It doesn’t sound like it was much of a surprise when Fulham finally went down — our decline coinciding with Rangers rise, of course. The way things are panning out so far this season, I wouldn’t be shocked to see the same happen again.

Roy the boy - Fulham connection makes victory in Rio a foregone conclusion. on 12:53 - Oct 16 with 1929 viewsKonk

Roy the boy - Fulham connection makes victory in Rio a foregone conclusion. on 12:40 - Oct 16 by smegma

Geoff Cohens hat-trick was what won the world cup, as Konk will attest !!

Hurst deserves credit for his contribution, but everyone knows that it was Cohen who ran the show from right-back. They still call him Kaiser George in Germany. There’s a statue of him in Dusseldorf.

Roy the boy - Fulham connection makes victory in Rio a foregone conclusion. on 12:58 - Oct 16 with 1916 viewsisawqpratwcity

Roy the boy - Fulham connection makes victory in Rio a foregone conclusion. on 12:53 - Oct 16 by Konk

Hurst deserves credit for his contribution, but everyone knows that it was Cohen who ran the show from right-back. They still call him Kaiser George in Germany. There’s a statue of him in Dusseldorf.

A statue in Dusseldorf?

Now you are stretching disbelief.

This isn't some Dodi/Michael thing, is it?

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Roy the boy - Fulham connection makes victory in Rio a foregone conclusion. on 13:06 - Oct 16 with 1900 viewsKonk

Roy the boy - Fulham connection makes victory in Rio a foregone conclusion. on 12:58 - Oct 16 by isawqpratwcity

A statue in Dusseldorf?

Now you are stretching disbelief.

This isn't some Dodi/Michael thing, is it?

Straight up. It’s massive. And they named a bridge after him in Cologne — Die Kaiser George Cohen brücke:

Roy the boy - Fulham connection makes victory in Rio a foregone conclusion. on 13:10 - Oct 16 with 1889 viewssmegma

Roy the boy - Fulham connection makes victory in Rio a foregone conclusion. on 13:06 - Oct 16 by Konk

Straight up. It’s massive. And they named a bridge after him in Cologne — Die Kaiser George Cohen brücke:

I've read about it on tripadvisor and in lonely planet.
Roy the boy - Fulham connection makes victory in Rio a foregone conclusion. on 13:21 - Oct 16 with 1867 viewsTheBlob

Roy the boy - Fulham connection makes victory in Rio a foregone conclusion. on 12:53 - Oct 16 by Konk

Kaiser George was clinically insane btw.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Roy the boy - Fulham connection makes victory in Rio a foregone conclusion. on 13:24 - Oct 16 with 1861 viewsKonk

Roy the boy - Fulham connection makes victory in Rio a foregone conclusion. on 13:10 - Oct 16 by smegma

I've read about it on tripadvisor and in lonely planet.

It’s actually listed by UNISCO as a site of enormous importance. Random George Cohen fact: Franz Beckenbauer named all three of his daughters ‘George’ in tribute to the man he still calls “Der Boss”.

Roy the boy - Fulham connection makes victory in Rio a foregone conclusion. on 13:49 - Oct 16 with 1843 views100percent

Roy the boy - Fulham connection makes victory in Rio a foregone conclusion. on 13:21 - Oct 16 by TheBlob

With copious venereal diseases...... absolutely ridden.
Roy the boy - Fulham connection makes victory in Rio a foregone conclusion. on 15:30 - Oct 16 with 1809 viewsSonofNorfolt

Kraftwerk also did a song about him on their 'Trans Europe Express' album.

They later changed the title to 'Showroom Dummies'.
Roy the boy - Fulham connection makes victory in Rio a foregone conclusion. on 15:53 - Oct 16 with 1786 viewsQPRDave

Wotta a load of b*llox!!!
Woy would've gone with Milner if 'Arry hadn't shown him how to play Townsend
Roy the boy - Fulham connection makes victory in Rio a foregone conclusion. on 18:48 - Oct 16 with 1740 viewsTrance_Trousers

Hodgson..Smalling..Townsend*

The Maidstone trio

*Andy
[Post edited 16 Oct 2013 18:49]

Once you`ve had black you never go back.........

Roy the boy - Fulham connection makes victory in Rio a foregone conclusion. on 07:08 - Oct 17 with 1618 viewsdistortR

Roy the boy - Fulham connection makes victory in Rio a foregone conclusion. on 13:06 - Oct 16 by Konk

Wow. That is a classic case of form following function.

It should be renamed 'The james milner bridge'.

I was going to propose the 'james milner crossing' but it would be wrong because it does actually achieve it's objective.
Roy the boy - Fulham connection makes victory in Rio a foregone conclusion. on 07:18 - Oct 17 with 1608 viewsKonk

Roy the boy - Fulham connection makes victory in Rio a foregone conclusion. on 13:21 - Oct 16 by TheBlob

Doesn't Kaiser mean Emperor, with König being the German for King?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024