Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bid for 12.1 acre site in Park Royal 10:41 - Nov 29 with 3943 viewssimmo

http://www.egi.co.uk/news/article.aspx?id=776057

Friend of mine works for this publication and forwarded it to me. nothing definitive yet though and all parties declined to comment.

[Post edited 29 Nov 2013 12:39]

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Bid for 12.1 acre site in Park Royal on 10:59 - Nov 29 with 2800 viewsShotKneesHoop

This would make sense and be almost like going back to our roots again. Would also suggest that this caters for a big "Middlesex" and tube routes fan base.

As other posters have previously suggested, the current location of Loftus Road does not represent true QPR support any more, I remember they quoted either millionaires or a constantly changing mix of transient council tenants being the residency - as opposed to the mixture of residents that prevailed 20 years ago.

Having been critical of "our Tone" in the past about his managment decisions, naive statements and over use of twitter, has anyone else noticed a sea change this year of his approach to running the R's? This season, he is much more business like, more measured and showing more genuine commitment to long term plans.

Even if it does not come off, I have to applaud The Chairman for his long term commitment and the plans he is developing.

There, that's a positive post from me ....... with not one mention of the consistently useless you know who.
[Post edited 29 Nov 2013 11:05]

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Bid for 12.1 acre site in Park Royal on 11:10 - Nov 29 with 2753 viewsderbyhoop

Be good if it comes off. Half a mile from Park Royal Station, less from West Acton. Bit more from North Ealing. Close to the HS2 route as well.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Bid for 12.1 acre site in Park Royal on 11:12 - Nov 29 with 2735 viewsdaveB

bit a nightmare to get to that site and no longer in W12 which is a shame but it was always unlikely we'd say within walking distance of Loftus Road
Bid for 12.1 acre site in Park Royal on 11:15 - Nov 29 with 2718 viewsDevonWhite

Bid for 12.1 acre site in Park Royal on 11:12 - Nov 29 by daveB

bit a nightmare to get to that site and no longer in W12 which is a shame but it was always unlikely we'd say within walking distance of Loftus Road

There are six stations (five tube and one main line) within a mile of it. Plus it's just off the A40. Could be a lot worse.
Bid for 12.1 acre site in Park Royal on 11:18 - Nov 29 with 2697 viewsdaveB

I know on paper lots of transport links but just know from going to park royal in the past it's not going to be easy to cross the a40 from the two central line stations and acton main line.

Could be worse and if it comes off I imagine plenty of bars will open up near the cinema again
Bid for 12.1 acre site in Park Royal on 11:20 - Nov 29 with 2692 viewsDevonWhite

Bid for 12.1 acre site in Park Royal on 11:18 - Nov 29 by daveB

I know on paper lots of transport links but just know from going to park royal in the past it's not going to be easy to cross the a40 from the two central line stations and acton main line.

Could be worse and if it comes off I imagine plenty of bars will open up near the cinema again

Isn't it south of the A40 rather than the Park Royal side?
Bid for 12.1 acre site in Park Royal on 11:22 - Nov 29 with 2677 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I think it's a decent site to be honest.

Only two pubs I can think of nearby though (dont know every street) and the one by the railway cottages looks like a sort of 'grab a granny or mother of 4' type place.

Mind you never judge a book by it's cover. For instance Kerrang you would think is a metal mag...but it's not.... (well in my book)

I've actually been in that John Lewis 'Shed' (last century though)
[Post edited 29 Nov 2013 11:23]

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Bid for 12.1 acre site in Park Royal on 11:24 - Nov 29 with 2665 viewsActonOccident

There's an alleyway next to West Acton station which would get you there in 5 minutes.
Login to get fewer ads

Bid for 12.1 acre site in Park Royal on 11:33 - Nov 29 with 2613 viewsenfieldargh

https://maps.google.co.uk/

The've already built the John Lewis stand

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Bid for 12.1 acre site in Park Royal on 11:36 - Nov 29 with 2594 viewsA40Bosh

From Google map view it does not seem to be that much bigger a site than current HQ but I suppose if you are building up to the perimeters of the site as opposed to looking at the size of the shed it probably is big enough for a 40K seat stadium.

Personally speaking I think it is not a bad location from a logistics point of view.
Depending on how they will open up the site for pedestrian access, it is really not too bad of a walk from Hanger Lane and Park Royal and certainly not far from West Acton, I just suppose it is a case of if and how they allow access in from the West Acton side. I would imagine a substantial protest from the gentile folks in West Acton to having a big noisy football stadium behind their houses.

From an away support coach perspective the A40 has that spur road which allows vehicles coming into town to turn around and go back out the A40 and onto the Concorde Road site.

Cant see a lot wrong with relocating to here to be perfectly honest and from a selfish point of view, getting off at Hanger Lane instead of White City is no hardship, slightly longer walk to the ground, but do able.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Bid for 12.1 acre site in Park Royal on 11:44 - Nov 29 with 2553 viewsizlingtonhoop

Looks exciting!

Metallica, I think you're looking for this:

Bid for 12.1 acre site in Park Royal on 11:49 - Nov 29 with 2523 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Bid for 12.1 acre site in Park Royal on 11:44 - Nov 29 by izlingtonhoop

Looks exciting!

Metallica, I think you're looking for this:

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Bid for 12.1 acre site in Park Royal on 11:53 - Nov 29 with 2499 viewslondonscottish

226 bus for me then. That works.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Bid for 12.1 acre site in Park Royal on 11:56 - Nov 29 with 2496 viewsRs_Holy

Its pretty close to HQ and we do have some history their!....
Anyone remember Chris Wright and his plans to move us down the M4 corridor??? I remember Western International Market being mentioned???
Like some are saying, it could be a lot worse.
Bid for 12.1 acre site in Park Royal on 12:31 - Nov 29 with 2367 viewsMrSheen

My wife's from the Tudor Estate in West Acton, the residents will go mental. Shame!
Bid for 12.1 acre site in Park Royal on 12:42 - Nov 29 with 2330 viewsBushman

Bid for 12.1 acre site in Park Royal on 11:20 - Nov 29 by DevonWhite

Isn't it south of the A40 rather than the Park Royal side?

Yup

Behind vue Actom

I know almost nothing about the Premier League even though I try to catch the big games every now and then at the end of the season. But I will say this, Queens Park Rangers is just a fukking sick ass team name. Just sounds so cool.

Bid for 12.1 acre site in Park Royal on 13:45 - Nov 29 with 2128 viewsPinnerPaul

I'll be even more of a real fan, its even closer to where I was born than LR!
Bid for 12.1 acre site in Park Royal on 13:59 - Nov 29 with 2079 viewsElHoop

I think that it will be bad news for anyone driving in from the M3/M4 corridor as you'll have to get round to the M40 instead, and that's not really a good road even without a 40,000 crowd converging on it, and where do you park?
Bid for 12.1 acre site in Park Royal on 14:08 - Nov 29 with 2057 viewsDevonWhite

Bid for 12.1 acre site in Park Royal on 13:59 - Nov 29 by ElHoop

I think that it will be bad news for anyone driving in from the M3/M4 corridor as you'll have to get round to the M40 instead, and that's not really a good road even without a 40,000 crowd converging on it, and where do you park?

40,000 crowd?
Bid for 12.1 acre site in Park Royal on 14:16 - Nov 29 with 2024 viewsGloucs_R

We have history there
Its a West London postcode
Lots of transport links
2.5 miles to LR
3 miles to the M4
2 mins from a Nandos :-)

For me its a ball ache with regards to having to change tube twice from Paddington but I can live with that!

Poll: Are we staying up?

Bid for 12.1 acre site in Park Royal on 14:22 - Nov 29 with 2006 viewsRs_Holy

Bid for 12.1 acre site in Park Royal on 14:16 - Nov 29 by Gloucs_R

We have history there
Its a West London postcode
Lots of transport links
2.5 miles to LR
3 miles to the M4
2 mins from a Nandos :-)

For me its a ball ache with regards to having to change tube twice from Paddington but I can live with that!

less than 3 miles to Wembley
Bid for 12.1 acre site in Park Royal on 14:33 - Nov 29 with 1962 viewsizlingtonhoop

Bid for 12.1 acre site in Park Royal on 14:22 - Nov 29 by Rs_Holy

less than 3 miles to Wembley

But how many years?
Bid for 12.1 acre site in Park Royal on 14:51 - Nov 29 with 1908 viewsGloucs_R

We only need to worry about Wembley when its the play offs!

Poll: Are we staying up?

Bid for 12.1 acre site in Park Royal on 14:56 - Nov 29 with 1899 viewshoof_hearted

The cost of industrial land with HS2 question marks compared to W12 makes it marginally less likely that we will end up with bucket collections or ground sharing with Northampton Town.
Bid for 12.1 acre site in Park Royal on 15:15 - Nov 29 with 1851 viewsPinnerPaul

Bid for 12.1 acre site in Park Royal on 13:59 - Nov 29 by ElHoop

In the car park they'll build with the stadium?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024