Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bury official messageboard 23:34 - Jun 4 with 8051 viewsmacro

To shut in next few days according to Keith maddock
Bury official messageboard on 23:39 - Jun 4 with 6520 viewsTTNYear

Stuff coming out....

This is their benefactor (allegedly)

http://www.kayjohnsongee.com/testimonials-2/case-studies/case-studies-football-c
[Post edited 4 Jun 2014 23:43]

Anti-cliquism is the last refuge of the messageboard scoundrel - Copyright Dorset Dale productions

Bury official messageboard on 23:39 - Jun 4 with 6519 viewsDorkingDale

And......?
Bury official messageboard on 06:41 - Jun 5 with 6346 viewsRAFCBLUE

Has outline planning permission for housing and sale of lower Gigg been achieved?

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Bury official messageboard on 09:28 - Jun 5 with 6194 viewsdalestats

Big Mace ‏@MasonMortgages 8h
@Keithclubline New #buryfc message board at http://www.uptheshakers.co.uk #uts

Poll: Remain in the eu

Bury official messageboard on 15:16 - Jun 5 with 5840 viewssandylaner1

Bury official messageboard on 16:52 - Jun 5 with 5729 views442Dale

Has any reason been given for their board closing? It was always strange why they used an official site anyway and then moaned about it being moderated.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Bury official messageboard on 17:22 - Jun 5 with 5676 viewsColDale

Bury official messageboard on 20:01 - Jun 8 with 5154 viewsdalestats

Keeping the obsessed mantra - big jesse has now left Tamworth and signed for Sutton United drifting further down the leagues

Poll: Remain in the eu

Login to get fewer ads

Bury official messageboard on 21:33 - Jun 8 with 5086 viewsTVOS1907

Bury official messageboard on 17:22 - Jun 5 by ColDale

Revolution In Progress?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Bury official messageboard on 13:29 - Jun 10 with 4781 viewsfitzochris

http://twohundredpercent.net/?p=23656

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Bury official messageboard on 17:27 - Jun 10 with 4595 viewsColDale

A message from Bury's chairman:

Negative Fans: as stated above, the fans are the key to this club and the majority of them have been so positive it has helped the Club move along in so many ways. However, there is a small core that has taken it upon themselves to do as much negative output as they can. They think it’s beneficial to dig for as much dirt as they can and then border on being slanderous towards the Chairman in their comments. These are known as keyboard cowards in the industry and many of them are actually fans of other Clubs that pretend to be our fans in order to create bad feelings. I know that every club has them and it’s a burden that must be endured, but at the same time its interesting to point out that at no time have any of them turned up at the Club offering thousands of pounds from their own pocket, or offered to work for free to reduce costs or even offered new ideas to make the Club financially more secure.

Read more at http://www.buryfc.co.uk/news/article/one-year-on...-1629008.aspx#LQotAFwBxgjuyIF
Bury official messageboard on 18:14 - Jun 10 with 4531 views442Dale

Presumably as their old OS was so well moderated, anything that went too far would have been taken down and fans of other clubs causing problems would have been banned, right? And why do fans have to offer time, money or even ideas? Asking questions is all part of being a fan.

Or is there a list of what everyone is allowed to do now just so supporters aren't viewed as irritants at clubs all around the country? Wouldn't want to be given an industry-wide name like a coward. That would prick any fan's conscience.

Bury official messageboard on 18:26 - Jun 10 with 4510 viewszxcvbnm

3. Planning a stable financial footing.

After speaking to many Club owners and decision makers it has become more and more clear that we have a great advantage over so many Clubs as we have the freedom and flexibility of using the assets to move forward. So many of our competitors have huge debts or they only rent the stadium. With this in mind it’s important that the fans remember that a business must grow and use its asset base in a structure that allows both growth and the realization of assets to invest within a structured manner.

How ?

The Clubs assets are used circa 26 times a year and cannot sustain the expenses of running a football club — fact.

The club will lose monies year after year unless changes are made — fact.

Clubs MUST be made to operate profitably without the need of the dependency on a Chairman’s investment to survive the forever changing world and rules imposed by the Governing bodies — fact.

I know Dale budget to make a loss but they look at buying in young players, selling them on and building for a future. Bury seem to think that a concert licence etc is going to save their bacon

Poll: Best loanee keeper

Bury official messageboard on 18:48 - Jun 10 with 4480 viewsColDale

Bury official messageboard on 18:26 - Jun 10 by zxcvbnm

3. Planning a stable financial footing.

After speaking to many Club owners and decision makers it has become more and more clear that we have a great advantage over so many Clubs as we have the freedom and flexibility of using the assets to move forward. So many of our competitors have huge debts or they only rent the stadium. With this in mind it’s important that the fans remember that a business must grow and use its asset base in a structure that allows both growth and the realization of assets to invest within a structured manner.

How ?

The Clubs assets are used circa 26 times a year and cannot sustain the expenses of running a football club — fact.

The club will lose monies year after year unless changes are made — fact.

Clubs MUST be made to operate profitably without the need of the dependency on a Chairman’s investment to survive the forever changing world and rules imposed by the Governing bodies — fact.

I know Dale budget to make a loss but they look at buying in young players, selling them on and building for a future. Bury seem to think that a concert licence etc is going to save their bacon

I think there's a lot of sense in there, and much in tune with our own philosophies. Teams should be self sufficient, and not reliant on 3rd party investment. And they're right about trying to maximise the use of the stadium. Given the size of grounds, you cannot just rely on matchday income alone. But you'd have to question the profitability of hosting concerts / boxing as if there was that much money in it, everyone would be at it and the odd exception apart, football grounds are only used when there's nowhere bigger.

Does the statement rule out any suggestion of a philanthropic wealthy benefactor?
Bury official messageboard on 18:52 - Jun 10 with 4475 views442Dale

A lot of the planning and forward thinking is deserving of credit. But the amount of questions that remain unanswered mean that until more is known, maybe at the AGM, it's impossible to assess properly.

Bury official messageboard on 19:25 - Jun 10 with 4434 viewsKenBoon

That is brilliant. Reading that you'd think he was a revolutionist Businessman, but it doesn't say anything that Football clubs haven't been doing for 30+ years.

In my time i've spent many a boring business meeting with many a wannabe Alan Sugar. All talking pseudo business b*llocks. That Board Statement is chocked full of it. It's brilliant. This is one of my favourite parts...

d) Development: why is it that people are blinkered enough to think that a Football Club just needs to be a single brand and do nothing other than Football? Why can’t it offer other services to it local community as well as become a multi level business? If that can happen then BFC could venture into other businesses and use its asset base to own other income producing businesses. That way, it can be self-funding and grow its third party income above and beyond the Football requirements. We will be advising all of the fans of new services that may interest them as well as make the Club more profits in due course.

People in Bury aren't dense. They've seen The Apprentice too. Heck the town even has a Nando's. I'm pretty sure they're aware of 'multi-level businesses'. 20 years ago their club shop was selling merchandise of other clubs. That's Business on multiple levels.

I love it. It sends out the no-sh1t-sherlock message that the club isn't sustainable without change, outlines how exciting using the 'asset base' to produce' income producing businesses' will be for the future, attempts to estrange anyone who might dare question this brand new quest and finishes with standard "we're fans too" nonsense. It's brilliant.
Bury official messageboard on 19:34 - Jun 10 with 4418 viewslibertinedreamer

Bury official messageboard on 19:25 - Jun 10 by KenBoon

That is brilliant. Reading that you'd think he was a revolutionist Businessman, but it doesn't say anything that Football clubs haven't been doing for 30+ years.

In my time i've spent many a boring business meeting with many a wannabe Alan Sugar. All talking pseudo business b*llocks. That Board Statement is chocked full of it. It's brilliant. This is one of my favourite parts...

d) Development: why is it that people are blinkered enough to think that a Football Club just needs to be a single brand and do nothing other than Football? Why can’t it offer other services to it local community as well as become a multi level business? If that can happen then BFC could venture into other businesses and use its asset base to own other income producing businesses. That way, it can be self-funding and grow its third party income above and beyond the Football requirements. We will be advising all of the fans of new services that may interest them as well as make the Club more profits in due course.

People in Bury aren't dense. They've seen The Apprentice too. Heck the town even has a Nando's. I'm pretty sure they're aware of 'multi-level businesses'. 20 years ago their club shop was selling merchandise of other clubs. That's Business on multiple levels.

I love it. It sends out the no-sh1t-sherlock message that the club isn't sustainable without change, outlines how exciting using the 'asset base' to produce' income producing businesses' will be for the future, attempts to estrange anyone who might dare question this brand new quest and finishes with standard "we're fans too" nonsense. It's brilliant.

They are really starting to irritate me now. A lot of people ive spoke to feel more disenfranchised with it all by the day...
Bury official messageboard on 19:49 - Jun 10 with 4388 viewsD_Alien

Bury official messageboard on 19:34 - Jun 10 by libertinedreamer

They are really starting to irritate me now. A lot of people ive spoke to feel more disenfranchised with it all by the day...

For god's sake, don't include the word "franchise" in a post - people might think you're a businessman not a fan.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Bury official messageboard on 19:53 - Jun 10 with 4362 viewslibertinedreamer

Bury official messageboard on 19:49 - Jun 10 by D_Alien

For god's sake, don't include the word "franchise" in a post - people might think you're a businessman not a fan.

Haha that was my word of the day! Cant wait to buy my Bury fc bbq....definitely gonna sell turntables #spin

Interesting to note that it said 'havent put thousands of their own money in', its well known we have a credit facility of 2 million. Who is putting up the rest?? Im building a super bucket for the inevitable now.
Bury official messageboard on 20:09 - Jun 10 with 4325 viewsTVOS1907

Bury official messageboard on 17:27 - Jun 10 by ColDale

A message from Bury's chairman:

Negative Fans: as stated above, the fans are the key to this club and the majority of them have been so positive it has helped the Club move along in so many ways. However, there is a small core that has taken it upon themselves to do as much negative output as they can. They think it’s beneficial to dig for as much dirt as they can and then border on being slanderous towards the Chairman in their comments. These are known as keyboard cowards in the industry and many of them are actually fans of other Clubs that pretend to be our fans in order to create bad feelings. I know that every club has them and it’s a burden that must be endured, but at the same time its interesting to point out that at no time have any of them turned up at the Club offering thousands of pounds from their own pocket, or offered to work for free to reduce costs or even offered new ideas to make the Club financially more secure.

Read more at http://www.buryfc.co.uk/news/article/one-year-on...-1629008.aspx#LQotAFwBxgjuyIF

Damn those pesky fans of other club(s). It's all their fault.

Bury official messageboard on 20:23 - Jun 10 with 4302 viewsTVOS1907

Bury official messageboard on 18:14 - Jun 10 by 442Dale

Presumably as their old OS was so well moderated, anything that went too far would have been taken down and fans of other clubs causing problems would have been banned, right? And why do fans have to offer time, money or even ideas? Asking questions is all part of being a fan.

Or is there a list of what everyone is allowed to do now just so supporters aren't viewed as irritants at clubs all around the country? Wouldn't want to be given an industry-wide name like a coward. That would prick any fan's conscience.

Maybe they send a PM to fans calling them 'keyboard cowards'.

Bury official messageboard on 20:36 - Jun 10 with 4268 views49thseason

Bury official messageboard on 20:09 - Jun 10 by TVOS1907

Damn those pesky fans of other club(s). It's all their fault.

Must be that Stockport fan - Tommy - aka The Coward of the County
Bury official messageboard on 20:37 - Jun 10 with 4265 viewsTVOS1907

Bury official messageboard on 18:48 - Jun 10 by ColDale

I think there's a lot of sense in there, and much in tune with our own philosophies. Teams should be self sufficient, and not reliant on 3rd party investment. And they're right about trying to maximise the use of the stadium. Given the size of grounds, you cannot just rely on matchday income alone. But you'd have to question the profitability of hosting concerts / boxing as if there was that much money in it, everyone would be at it and the odd exception apart, football grounds are only used when there's nowhere bigger.

Does the statement rule out any suggestion of a philanthropic wealthy benefactor?

Aye, but reading that statement, it's noticeable how many times phrases like 'we are trying to', 'if negotiations go to plan', 'if that's ever a possibility', 'hopefully be launched', 'if that can happen', etc, appear.

It's all ifs, buts and maybes and largely more propaganda.

Bury official messageboard on 20:59 - Jun 10 with 4227 viewsKenBoon

It also begs the question. If Bury FC lose monies every week, and Brand BFC - which will change everything - hasn't happened yet, then how and why are they spending so much money on their team? What IF the Brand isn't extended, what if the business remains as a single layer and god help us if their Indie Nights... I mean their festival(s) aren't a success.
Bury official messageboard on 21:36 - Jun 10 with 4188 viewsColDale

like I said, if there was money in hosting concerts at football grounds, we'd all be doing it.

I think behind it all, there's a misguided belief that if you throw money at it (especially at credit), then it will pay for itself with the increase in crowds without realising that football at Lge 1 and Championship level is more difficult financially than in League 2.

Still no idea what to make of the whole thing. At times, I think he's been too public to have anything sinister behind it. But he's been so distant from the support base, with questions (eventually) getting asked, Why is he always accessible to the nationals who will ask generic question yet not to those local who might ask insightful questions? If all was above board, surely anyone with half a brain could anticipate fans reaction to what goes on and be one step ahead? It's not as if he doesn't have people working for him who've not been there for years.

It's great voyeurism to watch and to speculate without any vested interest. It's either genius, manipulation, or naivety on a massive scale. But as long as everything's right on the pitch, who cares?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024