Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stadium news 16:32 - Aug 6 with 9699 views442Dale

“@bbcradiomanc: 1/2 Great interview with @officiallydale manager Keith Hill this morning,he says they've made an offer to buy back Spotland - Denehurst...”
“@bbcradiomanc: 2/2 Stadium Company give their reaction to Allan Beswick tomorrow morning between 730 and 8am @officiallydale #rafc”

Could be interesting now it's in the public domain...

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Stadium news on 16:51 - Aug 6 with 5129 viewsKenBoon

The Stadium company give their reaction or Hornets do? I suspect the latter.
Stadium news on 17:07 - Aug 6 with 5060 viewsMoonyDale

Stadium news on 16:51 - Aug 6 by KenBoon

The Stadium company give their reaction or Hornets do? I suspect the latter.

Story online now, the club have made an offer to the council to buy the ground off them, is this trying to force the hands of the RFL who seem to be stalling on a deal? Stad co are 600k in debt so how much are we going to have to pay? And if they do sell to us where does that leave the egg chasers and the RFL? Interesting times ahead methinks.....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Stadium news on 17:21 - Aug 6 with 4987 viewsKenBoon

Stadium news on 17:07 - Aug 6 by MoonyDale

Story online now, the club have made an offer to the council to buy the ground off them, is this trying to force the hands of the RFL who seem to be stalling on a deal? Stad co are 600k in debt so how much are we going to have to pay? And if they do sell to us where does that leave the egg chasers and the RFL? Interesting times ahead methinks.....

Link?
Stadium news on 17:27 - Aug 6 with 4970 viewsMoonyDale

Stadium news on 17:21 - Aug 6 by KenBoon

Link?

It was from the Rochdale People webpage, about an hour ago I am on my phone at the moment and it won't do links. You can probably reach it through Facebook as they have a page on there also. Apparently it's the money from Hogan that is being used. The councils decision to be announced Thursday after shareholders have been consulted....All seems a bit strange..

Stadium news on 17:34 - Aug 6 with 4937 viewsKenBoon

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Rochdale-People/486164741443024

Not sure what to make of it as there's no source and just contains details anyone could figure out for themselves. Maybe we've an agreement with the RFL and it's up to the council now?
Stadium news on 17:35 - Aug 6 with 4917 views1907

The money and the offer has been there for a while. The Hogan money is extra. This was confirmed at the Forum on Monday
Stadium news on 17:38 - Aug 6 with 4888 viewsMoonyDale

Stadium news on 17:35 - Aug 6 by 1907

The money and the offer has been there for a while. The Hogan money is extra. This was confirmed at the Forum on Monday

As far as I knew the offer on the table was to the RFL, this new offer has been made to the council not the RFL. seems a strange one for sure.....

Stadium news on 17:46 - Aug 6 with 4821 viewsColDale

Stadium news on 17:38 - Aug 6 by MoonyDale

As far as I knew the offer on the table was to the RFL, this new offer has been made to the council not the RFL. seems a strange one for sure.....

From the way the club spoke the other night, there seemed to be an emphasis on the change in direction in the council since Richard Farnell took over as leader. Previously it came across as being that the RFL had been the stumbling block, and not the council. Equally, there used to be talk of a 75% majority required, which if the RFL shares came in to our ownership, the council's shareholding would be irrelevant.

The two new people on the Stadium Committee are:

Last election results
Milnrow & Newhey (Turnout 34.0%)
Allen J Brett Labour 1200
Irene Davidson Liberal Democrat 1046
Keith Taylor Conservative 402

and

Healey (Turnout 35.0%)
Shaun O'Neill Labour 1251
Lee M Durrant Conservative 1137
Tom Bailey Liberal Democrat 376

Neither of them have particularly large majorities. If you live in their wards, it might be worth dropping them an email and asking them about their involvement in the Stadium Company, and what the council's views are on our attempt to purchase the RFL shares.

allen.brett@rochdale.gov.uk
shaun.o'neill@rochdale.gov.uk
Login to get fewer ads

Stadium news on 19:01 - Aug 6 with 4621 viewsNinco

I don't get how this works. I know that the football club and the rugby club currently own shares in the stadium company and pay a fee to the stadium company to keep it running financially. However, if the stadium company is in debt, neither club must be paying enough.

Firstly, I am wondering why nobody has spotted this before it got £600K in the red. Shouldn't they have seen that it was losing money?

Also, if the football club now buy the stadium company, doesn't that mean that they will then be in debt as surely they then become liable for the money owing? It seems odd that the football club would want to take on something that is not profitable.
Stadium news on 21:46 - Aug 6 with 4412 viewsKenBoon

Stadium news on 19:01 - Aug 6 by Ninco

I don't get how this works. I know that the football club and the rugby club currently own shares in the stadium company and pay a fee to the stadium company to keep it running financially. However, if the stadium company is in debt, neither club must be paying enough.

Firstly, I am wondering why nobody has spotted this before it got £600K in the red. Shouldn't they have seen that it was losing money?

Also, if the football club now buy the stadium company, doesn't that mean that they will then be in debt as surely they then become liable for the money owing? It seems odd that the football club would want to take on something that is not profitable.

Hornets don't own anything now. The RFL own their share.
Soccer stadium loses money because it's not being monetised to it's full potential extent.
Stadium news on 09:17 - Aug 7 with 4076 viewsColDale

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p023kgxy

from 1'49'38
Stadium news on 09:23 - Aug 7 with 4057 viewsmacro

Stadium news on 19:01 - Aug 6 by Ninco

Taking on the stadium though gives the football club range to do what thy want to bring in extra revenue streams at present they have hands tied behind their back
Stadium news on 09:28 - Aug 7 with 4038 viewsColDale

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/35636
Stadium news on 11:49 - Aug 7 with 3874 viewsMoonyDale

Stadium news on 09:28 - Aug 7 by ColDale

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/35636

The thing is that Brett can't realistically do anything about this situation, the stad company are 600k in the hole and we are running it and paying the bills......If they don't sell to us they could go bang and then the crap hits the fan.....

Stadium news on 12:27 - Aug 7 with 3811 viewslurker

Stadium news on 11:49 - Aug 7 by MoonyDale

The thing is that Brett can't realistically do anything about this situation, the stad company are 600k in the hole and we are running it and paying the bills......If they don't sell to us they could go bang and then the crap hits the fan.....

There is a big likelihood that if the Stadium Company went into admin we would end up the owners anyway, so I don't get what the fook they are playing at to be honest. I honestly think that it is just a matter that it would massively irk Hornets fans to have the football club in charge of things. If that's the case then I hope we fook them off at the earliest opportunity because all this current shite is in the best interests of nobody!
Stadium news on 12:45 - Aug 7 with 3736 viewsColDale

There's a few bits I don't understand.

The appointment of Allan Brett. This is his second stint as Chairman of the Stadium Company. In his previous spell as Chairman, the Stadium racked up massive debts and there was widespread non payment of rent.
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/local-news/hornets-facing-threat-of-
You can argue all day whether its Hornets or old Hornets, but it was Allan Brett as Chairman of the Stadium Company who has overseen the Stadium Company get into such trouble, and for me it would be the equivalent of us reappointing Steve Eyre in the hope that he'd learned from his mistakes last time round.

Secondly, I don't understand the reluctance of Hornets on this. I would assume that they have applied pressure on the RFL in the vain hope that one day they'll be able to purchase the shares one day themselves. As far as I am aware, the deals that have been put on the table have all guaranteed a place at Spotland for a rent paying Hornets, so unless they intend to become a non rent paying Hornets, I don't see the problem. I believe as well that the deal guarantees that they don't get stitched up with rent so we can't bump the rent up to kick them out. Under the ownership of Dale, the stadium can be maintained at a level beyond its current state, which will bring benefits to everyone. It can only be that vain hope that they can regain their shares (even tho their arguments show that regain is the incorrect word to use).
Stadium news on 15:32 - Aug 7 with 3532 views100notout

Stadium news on 12:27 - Aug 7 by lurker

There is a big likelihood that if the Stadium Company went into admin we would end up the owners anyway, so I don't get what the fook they are playing at to be honest. I honestly think that it is just a matter that it would massively irk Hornets fans to have the football club in charge of things. If that's the case then I hope we fook them off at the earliest opportunity because all this current shite is in the best interests of nobody!

If the stadium co went into admin would the football club face a 10 point deduction? Personally I can't see how it would given that we are a minority shareholder (45%) but I do wonder if this is a factor in the football clubs lack of action.

At the fans forum, it was confirmed that the football club were paying bills that should be paid by the stadium company. What I can't fathom is to whom is the "debt" of c£600k (which is said to be increasing all the time) owed? The Bank? The football club? The RFL? The Council? AN Other? Surely it must be the football club. In which case surely it is in the clubs interest to call in the debt and appoint an administrator? Call the bluff of RMBC and RFL, then they either stump up cash or we simply write off (our?) debt, repay other creditors and acquire their shares.

I'm sure its not that simple but it must be worth considering. Thats the route I would pursue. Please feel free to tell me if / how this is flawed.

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Stadium news on 15:49 - Aug 7 with 3490 viewsColDale

Stadium news on 15:32 - Aug 7 by 100notout

If the stadium co went into admin would the football club face a 10 point deduction? Personally I can't see how it would given that we are a minority shareholder (45%) but I do wonder if this is a factor in the football clubs lack of action.

At the fans forum, it was confirmed that the football club were paying bills that should be paid by the stadium company. What I can't fathom is to whom is the "debt" of c£600k (which is said to be increasing all the time) owed? The Bank? The football club? The RFL? The Council? AN Other? Surely it must be the football club. In which case surely it is in the clubs interest to call in the debt and appoint an administrator? Call the bluff of RMBC and RFL, then they either stump up cash or we simply write off (our?) debt, repay other creditors and acquire their shares.

I'm sure its not that simple but it must be worth considering. Thats the route I would pursue. Please feel free to tell me if / how this is flawed.

I did ask that about a year or so ago and was told that there would be no points penalty.
Stadium news on 16:49 - Aug 7 with 3411 viewsMoonyDale

Stadium news on 12:45 - Aug 7 by ColDale

There's a few bits I don't understand.

The appointment of Allan Brett. This is his second stint as Chairman of the Stadium Company. In his previous spell as Chairman, the Stadium racked up massive debts and there was widespread non payment of rent.
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/local-news/hornets-facing-threat-of-
You can argue all day whether its Hornets or old Hornets, but it was Allan Brett as Chairman of the Stadium Company who has overseen the Stadium Company get into such trouble, and for me it would be the equivalent of us reappointing Steve Eyre in the hope that he'd learned from his mistakes last time round.

Secondly, I don't understand the reluctance of Hornets on this. I would assume that they have applied pressure on the RFL in the vain hope that one day they'll be able to purchase the shares one day themselves. As far as I am aware, the deals that have been put on the table have all guaranteed a place at Spotland for a rent paying Hornets, so unless they intend to become a non rent paying Hornets, I don't see the problem. I believe as well that the deal guarantees that they don't get stitched up with rent so we can't bump the rent up to kick them out. Under the ownership of Dale, the stadium can be maintained at a level beyond its current state, which will bring benefits to everyone. It can only be that vain hope that they can regain their shares (even tho their arguments show that regain is the incorrect word to use).

Col we all know that Brett is an egg chaser at heart so it's no wonder there were non payments by Hornets during his last stint in charge......I'd let the stad company go under to be honest, no way I would foot the bills for another party......

Stadium news on 17:11 - Aug 7 with 3365 viewsSuddenLad

Stadium news on 16:49 - Aug 7 by MoonyDale

Col we all know that Brett is an egg chaser at heart so it's no wonder there were non payments by Hornets during his last stint in charge......I'd let the stad company go under to be honest, no way I would foot the bills for another party......

Which is a very good reason for him declaring a 'conflict of interest' and standing down as a member of the stadium company committee.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Stadium news on 17:13 - Aug 7 with 3356 viewsscooby

Apparently Mr Brett knows nothing: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28686686
Stadium news on 17:23 - Aug 7 with 3312 viewsSuddenLad

Stadium news on 17:13 - Aug 7 by scooby

Apparently Mr Brett knows nothing: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28686686

One of Allen Brett's problems is that he knows nothing - and he seems to have a knack of repeatedly proving it.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Stadium news on 17:41 - Aug 7 with 3257 viewsnordenblue

Stadium news on 09:23 - Aug 7 by macro

Taking on the stadium though gives the football club range to do what thy want to bring in extra revenue streams at present they have hands tied behind their back

Could we host big massive concerts and boxing events just like our neighbours have been promised though?
Stadium news on 17:49 - Aug 7 with 3228 viewslove_the_dale

Stadium news on 17:13 - Aug 7 by scooby

From the club statement of 7th April 2014
http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/clubstatement-07.04.14-1472444.aspx

"Chairman Chris Dunphy has confirmed that Rochdale AFC have made an offer to buy the shares held by Rochdale Metropolitan Borough Council (RMBC) and the Rugby League in an effort to secure the future of Spotland Stadium for both Rochdale Football Club and Rochdale Hornets." and

“We are also in advanced negotiations with the council to take over their shares and the debt, in order to allow us to develop the ground and ensure Spotland is the home of Rochdale Football Club for the next hundred years."

From Radio Manchester this morning -

Mr. Brett: "This is the first I've heard of it. Nobody's made me an offer. Nobody's talked to me, but I'm very willing to talk to anybody.

"If Rochdale Football Club have come up with a plan, I suggest they get in touch with me as soon as possible and start talking.

"My view at the moment is that I want two professional clubs working together and working in the town. I want Rochdale to be represented in football and rugby league professionally and working for the town."

Shouldn't someone have informed Mr. Brett about the offer?
[Post edited 7 Aug 2014 17:50]
Stadium news on 17:54 - Aug 7 with 3202 viewsDale1940

Stadium news on 16:49 - Aug 7 by MoonyDale

He watches football , rugby league and cricket, but mostly football, as he is a season ticket holder at Burnley.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024