Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread, 19:03 - Aug 19 with 31910 viewsRAFCRuss

team vs crewe:
logan
rafferty
Bennett
eastham
vincenti
hery
done
tanser
allen
kennedy
Henderson

subs:
diba
Andrew
dawson
Donnelly
rose
logan
camps
Match Thread, on 11:36 - Aug 20 with 2257 viewsPDIDDY

Match Thread, on 10:44 - Aug 20 by aleanddale

Didds

shakers opening salvo

P3

won 1 drawn 1 lost 1.

pro rata 62 points or so should put you close to the league 2 play offs.

Your fans still thinking the title by Valentines day?

Read my post after 1st game, dale win 2-5 and posters on here, have a pop at Bury, I wouldn't know who started for dale but daleys must check our team sheet? Anyhow great support down at Luton from the sha ggers, 289 in away end, 15 of our lot in glass fronted boxes and 20 odd in main stand, I didn't go in through turnstile , so 300+ on a tues night in Palestine is a great effort! roll on another away trip this Saturday ;)

Gissa job

Match Thread, on 11:41 - Aug 20 with 2236 viewsaleanddale

Bit sensitive Didds where is the pop??

i must have missed your prediction just wondered if the title will be won easy has been tempered any after a mixed bag of opening results?

played 3 ( 1-1-1 ).
Match Thread, on 11:58 - Aug 20 with 2174 viewsPDIDDY

Match Thread, on 11:41 - Aug 20 by aleanddale

Bit sensitive Didds where is the pop??

i must have missed your prediction just wondered if the title will be won easy has been tempered any after a mixed bag of opening results?

played 3 ( 1-1-1 ).

Always a little POP when Bury are mentioned.... Roberto Carlos? Anyhow, playing some great stuff, 4pts from 2 away games

Gissa job

Match Thread, on 12:16 - Aug 20 with 2099 viewslurker

Match Thread, on 11:20 - Aug 20 by Will_RAFC

Bet those people whinging on here since Saturday feel a bit silly now! Ahem!

We were superb going forward. The energy was unbelievable. We suffocated Crewe with none stop pressure on and off the ball and at times the movement of Henderson and Done was unplayable. Had we started the season like this and still got beat I doubt anyone would have been too upset. We still need a clinical striker as this formation won't work every time, but I am happy now I've seen we do have the capability to hurt teams and we will do that a lot if last nights performance is repeated. We wont face many sides as poor as Crewe though.

Talking to one of the Crewe stewards after the game, he was lamenting the current problems at Crewe but he would not let me put any emphasis on how bad they were. In his words, we were the best side he has seen at their place in the last couple of years and he was amazed at our poor start.

I am not getting carried away by any means as we are a team who will always be looking to punch above our weight in a tough league. However, we have some really talented and hardworking young individuals in our squad and we as fans should be doing all we can to encourage them to excel. To read some of the comments directed at young Tanser makes me fooking angry if I am brutally honest. He was done for the goal by a very good opposition forward and from memory had one other slip up which cost us nothing, yet he is the focus of negativity. I can see why Hilly gets pissed off somtimes!
Match Thread, on 12:52 - Aug 20 with 2001 viewsColDale

Match Thread, on 12:16 - Aug 20 by lurker

Talking to one of the Crewe stewards after the game, he was lamenting the current problems at Crewe but he would not let me put any emphasis on how bad they were. In his words, we were the best side he has seen at their place in the last couple of years and he was amazed at our poor start.

I am not getting carried away by any means as we are a team who will always be looking to punch above our weight in a tough league. However, we have some really talented and hardworking young individuals in our squad and we as fans should be doing all we can to encourage them to excel. To read some of the comments directed at young Tanser makes me fooking angry if I am brutally honest. He was done for the goal by a very good opposition forward and from memory had one other slip up which cost us nothing, yet he is the focus of negativity. I can see why Hilly gets pissed off somtimes!

Just watched the highlights on DP. Never picked up on it last night, but Tanser gets a knock just before their opening goal. He's lying on the floor and he never really recovers from that. He gets back but he's always second best in the challenge and I reckon had it not been for the knock, he'd have been in a much better position to defend against their striker.
Match Thread, on 13:02 - Aug 20 with 1958 viewssweetcorn

Match Thread, on 12:16 - Aug 20 by lurker

I havent seen anything bad directed at tanser, care to point a post out?

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Match Thread, on 13:12 - Aug 20 with 1918 viewsTommoRAFC

Match Thread, on 12:52 - Aug 20 by ColDale

Just watched the highlights on DP. Never picked up on it last night, but Tanser gets a knock just before their opening goal. He's lying on the floor and he never really recovers from that. He gets back but he's always second best in the challenge and I reckon had it not been for the knock, he'd have been in a much better position to defend against their striker.

Text Chaff that Tanser was out of position due to injury for the goal, but he did have the toughest ten minutes he'd faced in a Dale shirt, with Haber targeting him at every chance he could.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2014 13:13]

Poll: Who will play in place of Done on Saturday?

Match Thread, on 13:17 - Aug 20 with 1901 viewsdeezel

Congratulations....top performance of the night
Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread, on 13:30 - Aug 20 with 1857 viewsisitme

Tanser has been great this season. He will not always dominate aerially and he may get out muscled at times but he reads the game well and has enough pace to recover and sweep up. For me the biggest parts of his game are composure and how well he uses the ball. It is extremely rare to get a central defender with these attributes, especially in the lower leagues. Give me Tanser any day over a lumbering centre back who may not get out muscled but like the Crewe centre backs last night gets horribly exposed in space.
Match Thread, on 13:58 - Aug 20 with 1790 viewslurker

Match Thread, on 13:02 - Aug 20 by sweetcorn

I havent seen anything bad directed at tanser, care to point a post out?

2 comments in the first page of this thread. At least 4 comments directed from the stand that I heard last night. Not saying it is the majority, simply pointing out that we should all be especially careful to treat the younger talent with kid gloves
Match Thread, on 14:18 - Aug 20 with 1733 viewsaleanddale

Match Thread, on 11:58 - Aug 20 by PDIDDY

Always a little POP when Bury are mentioned.... Roberto Carlos? Anyhow, playing some great stuff, 4pts from 2 away games

Good spin Didds..

4 points from 2 away games

&

4 points from 2 away games and a home game!!!!!

( 1-1-1 ).

Long way to go....

Back to Dale - The training camp should be a happy one for the remainder of the week. Confidence should be sky high.

If we show the energy and endeavour we showed v Posh 90 minutes - Preston First half and Crewe 90 minutes we might just suprise Bristol City on Saturday.

Up the Dale.
Match Thread, on 14:25 - Aug 20 with 1717 viewsPDIDDY

Match Thread, on 14:18 - Aug 20 by aleanddale

Good spin Didds..

4 points from 2 away games

&

4 points from 2 away games and a home game!!!!!

( 1-1-1 ).

Long way to go....

Back to Dale - The training camp should be a happy one for the remainder of the week. Confidence should be sky high.

If we show the energy and endeavour we showed v Posh 90 minutes - Preston First half and Crewe 90 minutes we might just suprise Bristol City on Saturday.

Up the Dale.

Nice to see you checking our stats, let me know the line up on Saturday and how we get on .

Gissa job

Match Thread, on 14:40 - Aug 20 with 1678 viewsaleanddale

Match Thread, on 14:25 - Aug 20 by PDIDDY

Nice to see you checking our stats, let me know the line up on Saturday and how we get on .

One of the following Didds.

2-1-1

1-2-1

1-1-2

You coming to Spotland or Gigg?
Match Thread, on 14:43 - Aug 20 with 1671 viewsTVOS1907

Match Thread, on 14:25 - Aug 20 by PDIDDY

Tell you what, PD, according to Flicker/Keith Maddock, you've got five points now.

Do former FA Cup winners get double points for draws?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match Thread, on 15:06 - Aug 20 with 1621 viewsTalkingSutty

Match Thread, on 11:20 - Aug 20 by Will_RAFC

Bet those people whinging on here since Saturday feel a bit silly now! Ahem!

We were superb going forward. The energy was unbelievable. We suffocated Crewe with none stop pressure on and off the ball and at times the movement of Henderson and Done was unplayable. Had we started the season like this and still got beat I doubt anyone would have been too upset. We still need a clinical striker as this formation won't work every time, but I am happy now I've seen we do have the capability to hurt teams and we will do that a lot if last nights performance is repeated. We wont face many sides as poor as Crewe though.

I think some fans commented on the poor performance at chesterfield and the fact we need a striker. Donnelly and Andrews don't look the answer. Its not a case of looking silly, being silly wud be watching a poor performance then posting on the forum that we played well.
You are wrong with your comment about how we started the season also. We lost against Peterborough in the first game but played very well and that was acknowledged on the forum.

You can only take each game as it comes and post your thoughts, if they play crap and you say so it doesn't make you a bad person.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2014 16:14]
Match Thread, on 15:11 - Aug 20 with 1596 viewsTVOS1907

Match Thread, on 15:06 - Aug 20 by TalkingSutty

I think some fans commented on the poor performance at chesterfield and the fact we need a striker. Donnelly and Andrews don't look the answer. Its not a case of looking silly, being silly wud be watching a poor performance then posting on the forum that we played well.
You are wrong with your comment about how we started the season also. We lost against Peterborough in the first game but played very well and that was acknowledged on the forum.

You can only take each game as it comes and post your thoughts, if they play crap and you say so it doesn't make you a bad person.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2014 16:14]

Last time I went to Rotherham, we won.

And the time before that!

Match Thread, on 15:14 - Aug 20 with 1582 viewsTalkingSutty

Match Thread, on 13:30 - Aug 20 by isitme

Tanser has been great this season. He will not always dominate aerially and he may get out muscled at times but he reads the game well and has enough pace to recover and sweep up. For me the biggest parts of his game are composure and how well he uses the ball. It is extremely rare to get a central defender with these attributes, especially in the lower leagues. Give me Tanser any day over a lumbering centre back who may not get out muscled but like the Crewe centre backs last night gets horribly exposed in space.

I had my doubts about exposing Tanser to league one from the start but its very evident he has plenty about him. I don't think he has the physical attributes to play centre half regularly but at left back he would be ideal. The big plus of the season so far.
Match Thread, on 15:23 - Aug 20 with 1560 viewsTalkingSutty

Match Thread, on 15:11 - Aug 20 by TVOS1907

Last time I went to Rotherham, we won.

And the time before that!

Lost me with that one. Just enjoying a pint of Red Lion bitter at one pound sixty a pint, why don't you walk down th'hill and join me?

Ahh, just seen that i meant Chesterfield ☺
[Post edited 20 Aug 2014 15:26]
Match Thread, on 15:26 - Aug 20 with 1542 viewsTVOS1907

Match Thread, on 15:23 - Aug 20 by TalkingSutty

Lost me with that one. Just enjoying a pint of Red Lion bitter at one pound sixty a pint, why don't you walk down th'hill and join me?

Ahh, just seen that i meant Chesterfield ☺
[Post edited 20 Aug 2014 15:26]

I'm busy and I think you've had more than one pint.

When was this game against Rotherham?

Match Thread, on 15:28 - Aug 20 with 1536 viewsTalkingSutty

Match Thread, on 15:26 - Aug 20 by TVOS1907

I'm busy and I think you've had more than one pint.

When was this game against Rotherham?

Been feeding the fish since early morning....sorry fishing. Tired.
Match Thread, on 15:30 - Aug 20 with 1532 viewsTVOS1907

Match Thread, on 15:28 - Aug 20 by TalkingSutty

Been feeding the fish since early morning....sorry fishing. Tired.

Does the Red Lion always open during the day?

Did you venture up the Old Road yesterday to offer your services to Scott & Bailey, as it were?

Match Thread, on 15:37 - Aug 20 with 1503 viewsTalkingSutty

Match Thread, on 15:30 - Aug 20 by TVOS1907

Does the Red Lion always open during the day?

Did you venture up the Old Road yesterday to offer your services to Scott & Bailey, as it were?

Think you are mixing me up with somebody else i don't offer my services to other fellas. Don't know Scott or Bailey so you've lost me again, this ales stronger than i thought. Lion opens at 2pm
Match Thread, on 15:42 - Aug 20 with 1474 viewsTVOS1907

Match Thread, on 15:37 - Aug 20 by TalkingSutty

Think you are mixing me up with somebody else i don't offer my services to other fellas. Don't know Scott or Bailey so you've lost me again, this ales stronger than i thought. Lion opens at 2pm

Ask the wife!

Match Thread, on 15:49 - Aug 20 with 1449 viewsRotherhamDale

Jamie Allen's assist for the first goal was fantastic!

Possession with progression.

Match Thread, on 15:58 - Aug 20 with 1424 viewsTalkingSutty

Match Thread, on 15:42 - Aug 20 by TVOS1907

Ask the wife!

Ok, neighbours dogs called Bailey so would have guessed along the lines of Turner and Hooch.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024