Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Today's game 17:14 - Aug 23 with 5985 viewsColDale

Thought we played really well again today, and had it not been for a brilliant save by Frankie Fielding at the end, it would have been a well deserved 3 points.

Following the first couple of games, we looked like a side that was dependent on getting the first goal, but the last two games we've come from behind and this striker less side looks far more of a threat.

I didn't think City were a poor side but we were more than a match for them, and I'm sure the game statistics will back that up. We are finding our feet now and those fears of last saturday night seem a long way off. Obv not claiming we are going to win the league but we look like a League One side (especially considering we have played the more fancied teams), and it isn't half great to watch.

The subbing of Hery for Dawson changed the game. Have no doubts that Dawson will come good but at the moment, he doesn't have the fitness level to play for our first team and the game changed significantly following his introduction. Almost straight away, City had the bulk of possession and we sat back. If it was a case of settling for a point, we looked more in danger of losing it with Dawson on the pitch. He will get better, but at the moment, he looks a long way off starting for us.

I thought Hendo did everything right with that late chance. Headed it down, got it on target but what a save.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Today's game on 17:20 - Aug 23 with 3773 viewsDySporting

Happy with a point, sounds a magnificent save from fielding. Cummins watch at Exeter, he ran around lots but contributed little.
Today's game on 17:21 - Aug 23 with 3761 viewsSuddenLad

Dale were excellent today, against a much-fancied Bristol team who have been touted as possible champions of this division..

Had it not been for the outstanding fantastic save from Frank Fielding at the death, Dale would have deservedly taken 3 points. Some great individual performances today, but as a team, we more than matched the opposition.

The pundits will tell you that we have played potentially the best two teams in consecutive home matches.

If that's the case, Dale will have few worries this season.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Today's game on 17:24 - Aug 23 with 3724 viewsboromat

Thought exactly the same and even when he's fit I'm not sure he'll be mobile enough to play in that formation. He left Allen on his own without an option a couple of times.

But forgetting the minor issues what a performance! Glad we played the same formation and went for it. I think we deserved 3 points we had plenty more clear cut chances. Done and Hendo have a great understanding.

Onwards and upwards!

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Today's game on 17:24 - Aug 23 with 3725 viewsTommoRAFC

Beech's pre-match comments suggested both Andrew and Dawson are both still behind current first team levels. But what can Hill do? Like usual, we've sold a player and are paying the price with the new recruits not getting a full pre-season. Guess that's a fact of life for us as a football club though.

Though we was good in the first half and deserved the three points after the second. 1-11 (or 40) we was class and to think how we've played against Bristol City with the injuries in our squad is even more staggering!

Also got to say Tanser and Allen have been great so far, still can't believe how well they're doing in League One.

Logan 7
Rafferty 6 (not sure how he won MOM)
Eastham 7
Tanser 6
Kennedy 7
Bennett 7
Allen 7
Hery 7
Vincenti 8 (My MOM)
Done 8
Henderson 8

Poll: Who will play in place of Done on Saturday?

Today's game on 17:24 - Aug 23 with 3720 viewsShun

In the first half I thought they had us worked out and they were well on top, with Alexis Sanchez-lookalike Sam Baldock running the show. A much improved performance in the second half though and we were fully deserving of the point, if not more.

My MOM contenders were TK, Hery, and Done (again). I love love love this sexy tango that Done and Henderson do every match (well, every match since Tuesday). It was a brave decision to stick to the same formation that worked well against a poor Crewe side, but it certainly paid off.

What a great guy Fielding is. You could tell at the end how much he appreciated his time here.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2014 17:36]
Today's game on 17:25 - Aug 23 with 3710 viewsTalkingSutty

Today's game on 17:21 - Aug 23 by SuddenLad

Dale were excellent today, against a much-fancied Bristol team who have been touted as possible champions of this division..

Had it not been for the outstanding fantastic save from Frank Fielding at the death, Dale would have deservedly taken 3 points. Some great individual performances today, but as a team, we more than matched the opposition.

The pundits will tell you that we have played potentially the best two teams in consecutive home matches.

If that's the case, Dale will have few worries this season.

Very good today against a decent Bristol team, how good was their number 4? Get a couple of additions and we should be ok. Top effort from everybody, Tanser was my man of the match again. Happy tonight.
Today's game on 17:25 - Aug 23 with 3703 viewsSaxonDale

Fielding's save was one of the best I've seen, brilliant stop. Thought we grew into the game, first half we were second best but second half I thought we had the better chances and our goal was rarely threatened. Agree with your comment on the Dawson substitution. Thought Tom Kennedy was outstanding in his distribution-Rose take note.
Today's game on 17:30 - Aug 23 with 3634 views442Dale

Really enjoying the way we're playing at the moment. It was indicated after the Crewe game we might change the players and formation to deal with the different threat of Bristol City, but I'm glad we didn't. It's almost a return to the way we would approach games in the half season after Hill took over - letting other sides worry about us. It won't always work and there will be times we will need to change the approach, but on the back of such a great win it was right that we went same again today.

City's back three looked comfortable until Done and Henderson dragged them wide and the more they did that the more the game swung our way. The Done cross for Henderson's goal was the best example but by the end they'd lost all shape with plenty of space down our left.

Agree about the midfield two looked much weaker with Dawson in there, Hery was doing fine in what's a demanding role at this level. He'll make mistakes and will lose the ball now and again, but we've got to forgive mistakes because he and Allen were fantastic in the second half, Allen especially.

Bennett and Tanser were two more who had good games again, who'd have imagined their current roles before the season began? It's an illustration how far the team has come in such a short period of time, especially when most fair minded Bristol sorts will have been happy to leave with a point.

Next week: leave things as they are. I want to spend the afternoon watching Matt Done and Ian Henderson being dealt with by Rory McArdle.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Login to get fewer ads

Today's game on 17:35 - Aug 23 with 3593 viewsSandyman

Agree pretty much with what everyone else says. A splendid effort all round by Dale against a talented team and was so close to being three points for us on a couple of occasions.

Only downside was that shocker of a linesman in front of the City fans. So pro-City throughout, the words "South East Asian betting syndicate" spring to mind. Maybe he was petrified of the City supporters or just utterly hopeless. Unfit for purpose.
Today's game on 17:39 - Aug 23 with 3522 views442Dale

Today's game on 17:25 - Aug 23 by SaxonDale

Fielding's save was one of the best I've seen, brilliant stop. Thought we grew into the game, first half we were second best but second half I thought we had the better chances and our goal was rarely threatened. Agree with your comment on the Dawson substitution. Thought Tom Kennedy was outstanding in his distribution-Rose take note.

To be fair to Rose, his backheel started the whole attack that almost led to a winner for Henderson. Magic heels.

Today's game on 17:45 - Aug 23 with 3474 viewsolympicdale

I think it says a lot about the game that we're a little miffed not to have won the game.

TK was brilliant today, and I thought Eastham was another MOTM contender, coping with their brilliant forward like pretty comfortably for the most part. I love watching Hendo when he's on form, brilliant again today and a tireless Done was a perfect foley for him. We've now scored 6 goals, almost 7! Frankieee! In 2 games without a recognised strikers, looking much more balanced, who needs strikers.

Life is a game of fate.

Today's game on 17:47 - Aug 23 with 3449 viewsShun

I love watching us lately. Even had we lost that today, the past two matches have just been fantastic entertainment.
Today's game on 17:51 - Aug 23 with 3381 viewsTalkingSutty

Today's game on 17:47 - Aug 23 by Shun

I love watching us lately. Even had we lost that today, the past two matches have just been fantastic entertainment.

To be fair we gave the Posh a run for their money in the opening game of the season, that was a good performance just lacking in the final third.
Today's game on 17:52 - Aug 23 with 3371 viewsleicesterdale

Today's game on 17:39 - Aug 23 by 442Dale

To be fair to Rose, his backheel started the whole attack that almost led to a winner for Henderson. Magic heels.

A wand of a heel.
Today's game on 17:55 - Aug 23 with 3347 viewsSandy_lane_lad

Thought we were MORE than comfortable today. We seemed a lot more settled.

A couple of my observations...

1. Hery looked a lot better DEFENSIVELY today. We all know what he offers going forward but you can see Hilly & Co have worked hard with him to change his game a little. He didn't always look to do something fancy and he often turned back and did the sensible thing.

2. Done's RUN across the box to go and get into the channel to receive the ball from TK was exceptional and very clever, he showed great intelligence and he matched it with a great pass across the box. As well as he did in defence last year, I LOVE seeing this Matt Done we've got again going forward.

3. WHAT A BLOODY SAVE at the end by Fielding. (Although there was a little joke going around that he actually tried to catch it! Ha.)

I said it after Peterborough, but I really think we'll be fine. OK I wasn't at Chesterfield so I can only go off what people in attendance have said. But the way we play at home will be more than enough for us.

Up the dale and I absolutely love league 1. The standard is amazing compared to L2.
Today's game on 17:59 - Aug 23 with 3290 viewsD_Alien

These are the games we got promoted for.

Bristol City are a strong outfit capable of knocking the ball about, and they stretched us at times. But our second half performance reminded me of 2010/11 all over again, and the confidence we must be taking back into the dressing room after the last two results can only see us grow stronger, as players return from injury and gain match fitness.

Tanser was immaculate, and for my money Eastham looks good enough to keep his place - he and Tanser complement each other.

I thought Joe Allen was superb in midfield. I had my doubts about him being strong enough for L1 but he's starting to play like he believes in himself. Same with Hery, and like others have said it could have backfired badly to take him off. TK's sorted our left hand side out thus allowing Done and Hendo to combine up front which provided us with a superb goal.

Raff played really well after a couple of indifferent games, and a final word for Logan, my MoM. Yes, Fielding's save at the end was breaktaking, but Logan was as solid as you could wish for throughout and his instinctive parry when they were clean through with ten minutes to go was just as valuable.

Bring on the Bratfurd now. Can't wait!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Today's game on 18:02 - Aug 23 with 3255 viewsolympicdale

I can't believe Vincenti hasn't been mentioned more as a MOTM contender, brilliant performance from him, that moment when he was on the floor but harried and kicked the ball and came out with it, summed him up perfectly, and the team in general, great stuff Peter.

Life is a game of fate.

Today's game on 18:05 - Aug 23 with 3223 viewsNafelad

And let's not forget to mention the ref: he was poor again! Why do the 'fancied' teams get more help from the ref, with a number of decisions in their favour?

Topcat

Today's game on 18:05 - Aug 23 with 3216 views442Dale

Today's game on 18:02 - Aug 23 by olympicdale

I can't believe Vincenti hasn't been mentioned more as a MOTM contender, brilliant performance from him, that moment when he was on the floor but harried and kicked the ball and came out with it, summed him up perfectly, and the team in general, great stuff Peter.

He looked shattered again when he came off. Great display if he's still recovering from illness.

Today's game on 18:08 - Aug 23 with 3180 viewsD_Alien

Today's game on 18:02 - Aug 23 by olympicdale

I rate Vincenti, and recognise what he brings to the team, but bloody hell... he was put through on the left towards the end of the first half and had acres of space to run with the ball, only for him to stop and turn back. Wish he'd show that extra 10% of confidence.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Today's game on 18:14 - Aug 23 with 3113 viewsNafelad

Think he may be playing 'to instructions'.

Topcat

Today's game on 18:17 - Aug 23 with 3093 views1907

Today's game on 18:08 - Aug 23 by D_Alien

I rate Vincenti, and recognise what he brings to the team, but bloody hell... he was put through on the left towards the end of the first half and had acres of space to run with the ball, only for him to stop and turn back. Wish he'd show that extra 10% of confidence.

He had to turn back because Allen's pass was poor and slow. Vincenti was superb during his second half cameo and was the main reason we got back into the game.

Surprised Bunney hasn't had a mention on here so far. Far too weak. I think he's been poor every time he's played this season and looks totally out of his depth. Never thought I'd say this but in a physical and fast game like today Donnelly is a far better option from the bench.

Great performance today though. The main frustration at the minute is that we keep almost scoring then the opposition come straight up our end and score. We need to stop giving teams a head start and we'll be fine.
Today's game on 18:22 - Aug 23 with 3046 viewsfirgrovedale51

Hery my MOTM he just does not give up
Today's game on 18:42 - Aug 23 with 2873 viewsdalebolt

Thought we were superb today, second half especially. First half I felt we payed them too much respect. Going forward in the second half we really did have them on the racks at times. Thought TK added something extra to our play with his delivery. We even looked dangerous from corners too. Don't think anyone had a bad game, Bunney did ok when he came on and almost caught frankie out at his near post with a good strike.We more than matched a very good side. Is it really only a week since all the doom and gloom?
Today's game on 19:11 - Aug 23 with 2741 viewsColDale

1st point of the season today
http://www.football365.com/match/3733701/report?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024