Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
As predicted 10:27 - Sep 18 with 24381 viewshitman

Coleman back at accrington
As predicted on 18:08 - Sep 18 with 2761 viewsSuddenLad

John Coleman taints everything he gets involved in. Whether it is players' attitudes, the on-field discipline, the reputation of the club, the allegations that emerge from within or anything else.

This clubs' reputation, on and off the field, was harmed by the presence of Coleman being manager at Spotland. The stench of amateurism was unbearable.

Thank God the air has cleared.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

As predicted on 18:20 - Sep 18 with 2733 viewsD_Alien

As predicted on 16:55 - Sep 18 by ChaffRAFC

You can add Ray Putterill to that as well.

The way we played football under Coleman was disgraceful. It took me a while to see it but when it finally dawned on me (at Morecambe away in the Cup when Bobby Grant had dived 6 times in the first half), I couldn't accept watching my football team play football that way.

I understand fully that Accrington will judge him on his time their which was successful, but I don't want to see football played that way, so I don't want to see Accrington succeed at all with him in charge because it will give him more credit than he deserves.

Whilst agreeing that his time at Dale was probably the worst I've experienced in terms of how I felt about the club, especially during the final few months, I'm not at all sure that's how he'll set things up at Accy.

Does anyone remember thinking when we played them prior to our 09/10 promotion that they were a dirty, cheating type of outfit? I seem to remember having several tough but exciting tussles against them, with credit going to both sides.

Let's face it, would our chairman have bent over backwards to wrench Coleman away from Accy if the negative image had been around at that time? Or would most of us have welcomed him?

I hope he keeps Accy up. I don't wish him well personally but if he succeeds in keeping football league status at Accy he'll deserve plaudits for that.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

As predicted on 18:58 - Sep 18 with 2643 viewsmacro

Horrible man, dinosaur. It's not going to be pretty that's for sure
As predicted on 19:06 - Sep 18 with 2630 viewsReedy

I agree wholeheartedly that his time at Dale was awful (I found myself questioning my loyalty to the football club)

I disagree that Accrington will regret it the long term (time will tell of course) according to some Beattie was not the nice guy he portrayed in the media, and players were spotted at William Hill on a regular basis - I don't know this, just what I've been told. Personally I always thought Beattie came across really well.

Both Craney & McConville had played at league 2 level beforehand, but I understand your point. I disagree about Putterill, he was a pain when he came off the bench (I wouldn't have him now) but I wouldn't put him in the same bracket as Craney or McConville.

No-one jumped up and down when he joined for Stanley, saying this that and the other - it didn't work simple as that - we all move on, we're bigger and better now, with our football club back. Wishing a great football club failure because you didn't enjoy his spell at Dale, I simply don't understand.

Blog: The FA Cup

As predicted on 19:29 - Sep 18 with 2596 viewsWhiteyBFC

As predicted on 17:11 - Sep 18 by 442Dale

You may have lost me. The main argument I had over at your board was that some people are still partly blaming Hill for where you currently are in the footballing world. They're entitled to think he's a rubbish manager, but not that he can be responsible for a relegation after Flitcroft saved you then messed it all up. And after Wilson had a go too.

I wouldn't have blamed Coleman if we were crap last season, or for any of Hill's decision making about players Coleman signed. Examples? George Donnelly - why Hill used him as much as he did was baffling at times, and it mattered little that Coleman brought him in.
Peter Cavanagh - average at best under Coleman, but it's Hill who deserves the credit for sticking with him and finding a role which suited him perfectly. There's a negative and positive about Coleman's recruitments, and he's got nowt to do with how either player contributed after he left. That was my point.

Both sets of fans are perfectly entitled to think both managers were poor at their respective clubs and if they want to transfer that to never liking them again, fine. That's up to an individual. But don't then think they're to blame for not winning the Champions League ten years later.

And personally, I enjoy all the Hill/ex player angst over there. It's really rather lovely they all care so much.

I've been minused on a post. Reminds me of my early days on here. It's touching.

But others have already posted why I was saying what I was saying. Coleman leaving his comfort zone of Accy to go and fail at Dale, very similar to Keith leaving his Dale comfort zone to fail at Barnsley. And so reading a plethora of bad wishes towards Accy on here, hatred of Coleman, as I said, it reminds me of the vast majority of our fans on our forum when Keith is the topic. As you saw yet again last night. In fact, that thread is still going strong now. The hatred for Keith is like something I've never known. It baffles me, and I've explained why on both this and our forum a hundred times over.

Of course it's silly to blame a 0-0 draw at Fleetwood on a manager who left almost two years ago. I'm being creative there though. They're not blaming Keith for our current plight, but for setting the rot in apparently. It's obsessional, pathetic and ignorant. But then, you can't be a proper reds fan if you're criticising Danny Wilson. A bit like Dale fans with Keith I suppose..

Fair play to those of you who've wished Accy well. And why wouldn't you? Proper, northern club, just like we both are. You don't have to wish JC well. But you can't tell me he wasn't a good fit for them before. He was clearly a bad fit for Dale. Just as I look at Keith's relationship with Barnsley as a bad fit, at a bad time. But we were only in that situation because Robins walked out. A fact that a lot of our fans choose to ignore. Same guy that's walked out on every club he's been at. And maybe have a ponder as to why he walked out? Maybe the BFC board was hard to work with? But our fans miss all that in the red mist of Keith hatred.

I can't lose on October 4. Chances are I'll be coming to see you lot, might even sit with you's. If we win, great, I'm a reds fan. Draw? Lovely. If we lose, I'll be disappointed, but it'll be slightly more palatable than a usual defeat because our forum will be in meltdown and it's always fun on those evenings.

Now to answer Tazzy.....
As predicted on 19:35 - Sep 18 with 2582 views442Dale

As predicted on 19:06 - Sep 18 by Reedy

I agree wholeheartedly that his time at Dale was awful (I found myself questioning my loyalty to the football club)

I disagree that Accrington will regret it the long term (time will tell of course) according to some Beattie was not the nice guy he portrayed in the media, and players were spotted at William Hill on a regular basis - I don't know this, just what I've been told. Personally I always thought Beattie came across really well.

Both Craney & McConville had played at league 2 level beforehand, but I understand your point. I disagree about Putterill, he was a pain when he came off the bench (I wouldn't have him now) but I wouldn't put him in the same bracket as Craney or McConville.

No-one jumped up and down when he joined for Stanley, saying this that and the other - it didn't work simple as that - we all move on, we're bigger and better now, with our football club back. Wishing a great football club failure because you didn't enjoy his spell at Dale, I simply don't understand.

Putterill was never match fit. Whatever ability he had didn't matter.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

As predicted on 19:41 - Sep 18 with 2572 viewsWhiteyBFC

As predicted on 13:17 - Sep 18 by tazzydjr

Let's face it in the Championship you were the Accrington Stanley of that League till you finally dropped out of it last season, It's very understandable how you can relate to their Club both being very very similar
[Post edited 18 Sep 2014 13:17]

That league/division that we've been in longer than any other you mean? I know you're only a wee lad, and so the last spell of ours (8 years) is all you've to go on, and yes, we were always between 17th and 21st (then 23rd in the end) pulling up no trees (as the parachute payments and silly spending took over). But seriously Tazz, that spell wasn't indicative of our 78 years spent in that division or the year in the one above it. Before silly money filtered down into it, we used to be a very competitive club. Never one of the biggies (other than after our Prem relegation for a couple of years - we received £2m as a parachute payment...), but not a bottom feeder as we've been more recently.

To compare us with (no offence) Accrington Stanley is a little extreme.

This is a rare old season for Dale, and for you fans. On a par with us, Sheff Utd, Coventry etc. Bigger clubs who've eaten at the top table, won trophies and such. It's such a pity that instead of the people of Rochdale coming out to support the club in this dream era it's thriving in, they're out at the pub or sat in front of the box 'supporting' Man City/United etc.

We took almost half your home gate to Fleetwood last night. And we're a small club in the grand scheme of things. No offence, but Accrington Stanley and Rochdale AFC seem much more similar to me.

Btw, I missed your Sheff Utd away day blog. Was there one? Be interested in having a read. Always enjoyable.
As predicted on 19:43 - Sep 18 with 2566 views442Dale

This quote is a bit different!:

"I feel passion is something we have missed on and off the pitch for quite a while," said Stanley chairman Peter Marsden.
"Arguably in our quest to become more professional - perhaps out of a misplaced sense of inferiority because of our non-league roots - we have lost that indefinable essence of what Stanley is all about."

Login to get fewer ads

As predicted on 19:53 - Sep 18 with 2539 viewsD_Alien

As predicted on 19:43 - Sep 18 by 442Dale

This quote is a bit different!:

"I feel passion is something we have missed on and off the pitch for quite a while," said Stanley chairman Peter Marsden.
"Arguably in our quest to become more professional - perhaps out of a misplaced sense of inferiority because of our non-league roots - we have lost that indefinable essence of what Stanley is all about."

Noticed that!

If I was JC, I'd be reading that and thinking, hang on a minute...

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

As predicted on 19:56 - Sep 18 with 2532 views442Dale

As predicted on 19:41 - Sep 18 by WhiteyBFC

That league/division that we've been in longer than any other you mean? I know you're only a wee lad, and so the last spell of ours (8 years) is all you've to go on, and yes, we were always between 17th and 21st (then 23rd in the end) pulling up no trees (as the parachute payments and silly spending took over). But seriously Tazz, that spell wasn't indicative of our 78 years spent in that division or the year in the one above it. Before silly money filtered down into it, we used to be a very competitive club. Never one of the biggies (other than after our Prem relegation for a couple of years - we received £2m as a parachute payment...), but not a bottom feeder as we've been more recently.

To compare us with (no offence) Accrington Stanley is a little extreme.

This is a rare old season for Dale, and for you fans. On a par with us, Sheff Utd, Coventry etc. Bigger clubs who've eaten at the top table, won trophies and such. It's such a pity that instead of the people of Rochdale coming out to support the club in this dream era it's thriving in, they're out at the pub or sat in front of the box 'supporting' Man City/United etc.

We took almost half your home gate to Fleetwood last night. And we're a small club in the grand scheme of things. No offence, but Accrington Stanley and Rochdale AFC seem much more similar to me.

Btw, I missed your Sheff Utd away day blog. Was there one? Be interested in having a read. Always enjoyable.

We took more to Fleetwood in 2014 than you did.

#bradfordcrowdcountingrows

As predicted on 19:57 - Sep 18 with 2530 viewsdingdangblue

As predicted on 19:29 - Sep 18 by WhiteyBFC

I've been minused on a post. Reminds me of my early days on here. It's touching.

But others have already posted why I was saying what I was saying. Coleman leaving his comfort zone of Accy to go and fail at Dale, very similar to Keith leaving his Dale comfort zone to fail at Barnsley. And so reading a plethora of bad wishes towards Accy on here, hatred of Coleman, as I said, it reminds me of the vast majority of our fans on our forum when Keith is the topic. As you saw yet again last night. In fact, that thread is still going strong now. The hatred for Keith is like something I've never known. It baffles me, and I've explained why on both this and our forum a hundred times over.

Of course it's silly to blame a 0-0 draw at Fleetwood on a manager who left almost two years ago. I'm being creative there though. They're not blaming Keith for our current plight, but for setting the rot in apparently. It's obsessional, pathetic and ignorant. But then, you can't be a proper reds fan if you're criticising Danny Wilson. A bit like Dale fans with Keith I suppose..

Fair play to those of you who've wished Accy well. And why wouldn't you? Proper, northern club, just like we both are. You don't have to wish JC well. But you can't tell me he wasn't a good fit for them before. He was clearly a bad fit for Dale. Just as I look at Keith's relationship with Barnsley as a bad fit, at a bad time. But we were only in that situation because Robins walked out. A fact that a lot of our fans choose to ignore. Same guy that's walked out on every club he's been at. And maybe have a ponder as to why he walked out? Maybe the BFC board was hard to work with? But our fans miss all that in the red mist of Keith hatred.

I can't lose on October 4. Chances are I'll be coming to see you lot, might even sit with you's. If we win, great, I'm a reds fan. Draw? Lovely. If we lose, I'll be disappointed, but it'll be slightly more palatable than a usual defeat because our forum will be in meltdown and it's always fun on those evenings.

Now to answer Tazzy.....

Have you got a link to the thread Whitey? Much appreciated.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

As predicted on 20:03 - Sep 18 with 2514 views442Dale

As predicted on 19:57 - Sep 18 by dingdangblue

Have you got a link to the thread Whitey? Much appreciated.

Which one? It happens almost every time they lose or we win.

Though this one is quite good. Unsure if they want to know where I am at all times, but it nice they care.

http://bbs.barnsleyfc.org.uk/showthread.php?215536-Where-s-4-4-2
[Post edited 18 Sep 2014 20:08]

As predicted on 20:05 - Sep 18 with 2504 viewsWhiteyBFC

As predicted on 19:56 - Sep 18 by 442Dale

We took more to Fleetwood in 2014 than you did.

#bradfordcrowdcountingrows

Speaking of Bradford, did you know they had Stephen Dawson on trial before he signed up at Spotland? They couldn't afford him apparently.

Is there a chance of us having more fans at Spotland than Dale fans?
As predicted on 20:10 - Sep 18 with 2486 viewsLathamDale

A return of Cavanagh to the fl, anyone know how he's been getting on at Altrincham? Also colemans record at Sligo?
As predicted on 20:10 - Sep 18 with 2484 views442Dale

As predicted on 20:05 - Sep 18 by WhiteyBFC

Speaking of Bradford, did you know they had Stephen Dawson on trial before he signed up at Spotland? They couldn't afford him apparently.

Possibly. Though I'd expect at least 2400 home fans and maybe more if we keep playing well. If Barnsley bring 2500 that's a very good following.

Then there will be arguments about the stand looking full....

As predicted on 20:19 - Sep 18 with 2373 viewsWhiteyBFC

As predicted on 20:10 - Sep 18 by 442Dale

Possibly. Though I'd expect at least 2400 home fans and maybe more if we keep playing well. If Barnsley bring 2500 that's a very good following.

Then there will be arguments about the stand looking full....

We ought to bring a few. It's quite local, a lot won't have been before, and of course it's a club dear to our hearts.
As predicted on 20:23 - Sep 18 with 2363 viewsPDIDDY

Yeh, I've heard dale are paying wages well above what they can afford

Gissa job

As predicted on 20:26 - Sep 18 with 2353 viewsnordenblue

As predicted on 20:19 - Sep 18 by WhiteyBFC

We ought to bring a few. It's quite local, a lot won't have been before, and of course it's a club dear to our hearts.

And some of your tools will get a chance to shout abuse at Hilly for problems not mildly related to him, as Kevin Keegan once said "id just love it" if we turned you over again.
Whitey we probably took nearly double to Fleetwood on our last visit than you did if we're all getting billy big bollox
As predicted on 20:29 - Sep 18 with 2351 viewsTVOS1907

As predicted on 20:23 - Sep 18 by PDIDDY

Yeh, I've heard dale are paying wages well above what they can afford

You're confusing us with another club.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

As predicted on 20:32 - Sep 18 with 2340 viewsTVOS1907

As predicted on 20:03 - Sep 18 by 442Dale

Though this one is quite good. Unsure if they want to know where I am at all times, but it nice they care.

Arf.

I'd blame Wilson for Barnsley's plight. After all, he left them for Sheffield Wednesday.

Or what about John Hendrie?
Dave Bassett?
Nigel Spackman?
Steve Parkin?
Glyn Hodges?
Gudjon Thordarson?
Paul Hart?
Andy Ritchie?
Simon Davey?
Mark Robins?
David Flitcroft?
Danny Wilson?

See, we're back to the cause of all this angst.

As predicted on 20:32 - Sep 18 with 2339 viewsPDIDDY

As predicted on 20:19 - Sep 18 by WhiteyBFC

And your mob of 1000 strong will march on unchallenged, unlike at west ham , when I apparently didn't attend, liar?

Gissa job

As predicted on 20:34 - Sep 18 with 2330 viewsTVOS1907

Hope so. It will all go into Keith's coffers.

As predicted on 20:35 - Sep 18 with 2326 viewsdingdangblue

As predicted on 20:03 - Sep 18 by 442Dale

Just read it - the billy big balls thread - some of their fans are quite bitter. I'm sure Hilly will enjoy meeting up in a few weeks time to give them a wave.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

As predicted on 20:41 - Sep 18 with 2303 views442Dale

As predicted on 20:35 - Sep 18 by dingdangblue

Just read it - the billy big balls thread - some of their fans are quite bitter. I'm sure Hilly will enjoy meeting up in a few weeks time to give them a wave.

What I've struggled to really understand is how much of a hold he still has over some of their fans. It's interesting this has come up in a thread about Coleman because he only ever gets a mention on here when something actually happens involving him, eg. Getting the Southport/Sligo/Stanley jobs, winning in Europe.

With some of the Barsnley fans, they associate something that happens to them like a loss or a draw at Fleetwood back to Keith Hill. He'll be remembered there in 50 years as some type of mythical enemy whose name must never be spoken in full. So they'll all stick to Keith.

As predicted on 20:57 - Sep 18 with 2257 viewsdingdangblue

As predicted on 20:41 - Sep 18 by 442Dale

What I've struggled to really understand is how much of a hold he still has over some of their fans. It's interesting this has come up in a thread about Coleman because he only ever gets a mention on here when something actually happens involving him, eg. Getting the Southport/Sligo/Stanley jobs, winning in Europe.

With some of the Barsnley fans, they associate something that happens to them like a loss or a draw at Fleetwood back to Keith Hill. He'll be remembered there in 50 years as some type of mythical enemy whose name must never be spoken in full. So they'll all stick to Keith.

At the end of the day Hill fits here at Dale. Its just the way it goes - he's somehow assembled our best team ever again and sold our best player for a record amount while he was injured. Whatever he does here seems to work. It was working for him initially at Barnsley but he never recovered from the loss of 3/4 key players that 1st season and he never recovered for whatever reason - their loss and our incredible gain. Just hope for a couple of positive results for us now against Coventry and Orient so we can meet Barnsley in good form.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024