Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
As predicted 10:27 - Sep 18 with 24375 viewshitman

Coleman back at accrington
As predicted on 21:07 - Sep 18 with 2558 viewsnordenblue

As predicted on 20:41 - Sep 18 by 442Dale

What I've struggled to really understand is how much of a hold he still has over some of their fans. It's interesting this has come up in a thread about Coleman because he only ever gets a mention on here when something actually happens involving him, eg. Getting the Southport/Sligo/Stanley jobs, winning in Europe.

With some of the Barsnley fans, they associate something that happens to them like a loss or a draw at Fleetwood back to Keith Hill. He'll be remembered there in 50 years as some type of mythical enemy whose name must never be spoken in full. So they'll all stick to Keith.

They'll probably create a doll to stick pins in with his face attached in decades to come, such is the hatred
As predicted on 21:09 - Sep 18 with 2560 viewsTVOS1907

As predicted on 21:07 - Sep 18 by nordenblue

They'll probably create a doll to stick pins in with his face attached in decades to come, such is the hatred

Maybe the Barnsley Chronicle will do Hill face masks like the Ob did when they were jumping on the promotion bandwagon before the Newport game in May.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

As predicted on 21:44 - Sep 18 with 2488 views442Dale

As predicted on 21:09 - Sep 18 by TVOS1907

Maybe the Barnsley Chronicle will do Hill face masks like the Ob did when they were jumping on the promotion bandwagon before the Newport game in May.

They missed out not having a MASSIVE picture of a bandwagon on the back page.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

As predicted on 21:45 - Sep 18 with 2486 viewsTVOS1907

As predicted on 21:44 - Sep 18 by 442Dale

They missed out not having a MASSIVE picture of a bandwagon on the back page.

With quotes repeated in the bandwagon story on the inside pages?

As predicted on 22:03 - Sep 18 with 2453 viewsD_Alien

As predicted on 20:41 - Sep 18 by 442Dale

What I've struggled to really understand is how much of a hold he still has over some of their fans. It's interesting this has come up in a thread about Coleman because he only ever gets a mention on here when something actually happens involving him, eg. Getting the Southport/Sligo/Stanley jobs, winning in Europe.

With some of the Barsnley fans, they associate something that happens to them like a loss or a draw at Fleetwood back to Keith Hill. He'll be remembered there in 50 years as some type of mythical enemy whose name must never be spoken in full. So they'll all stick to Keith.

My theory, for what it's worth, is they realise what a great manager he could have been with them, but they failed to consummate the relationship; a bit like an average bloke pulling a fabulous bird and taking her out for a meal -all's going well before a couple of words get misconstrued and he thinks she's taking the mick so he packs her off home when she would've been quite happy to take it all the way - which he then realises the day after.

He then spends the next ten years telling his mates what a bitch she was.

Or summat like that.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2014 22:04]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

As predicted on 22:15 - Sep 18 with 2428 viewsdingdangblue

As predicted on 22:03 - Sep 18 by D_Alien

My theory, for what it's worth, is they realise what a great manager he could have been with them, but they failed to consummate the relationship; a bit like an average bloke pulling a fabulous bird and taking her out for a meal -all's going well before a couple of words get misconstrued and he thinks she's taking the mick so he packs her off home when she would've been quite happy to take it all the way - which he then realises the day after.

He then spends the next ten years telling his mates what a bitch she was.

Or summat like that.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2014 22:04]

Think that should read 'fabulous bloke' and 'average bird' .

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

As predicted on 23:09 - Sep 18 with 2363 viewsD_Alien

As predicted on 22:15 - Sep 18 by dingdangblue

Think that should read 'fabulous bloke' and 'average bird' .

Don't think a "fabulous bloke" being pissed off about not getting his end away with an "average bird" works though, do you? Wouldn't be banging on about it forever.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

As predicted on 05:23 - Sep 19 with 2259 viewsnordenblue

As predicted on 23:09 - Sep 18 by D_Alien

Don't think a "fabulous bloke" being pissed off about not getting his end away with an "average bird" works though, do you? Wouldn't be banging on about it forever.

It seems there was no banging at all as he buggered off too early
Login to get fewer ads

As predicted on 08:27 - Sep 19 with 2186 viewsaleanddale

Poor Accy!!

But Coleman fits there just like Hilly fits here.

I am over that dreadful period now and wouldnt mind if Accy stay up.

Regarding 4th October Whitey surely you will bring close on 3000?

I am hoping 2800 Dale and similar Tykes so a minimum crowd of 5600.

Everybody i speak with is really up for coming to this one!!!!

Up the Dale.
As predicted on 08:29 - Sep 19 with 2182 viewsTTNYear

As predicted on 08:27 - Sep 19 by aleanddale

Poor Accy!!

Up the Dale.

Do you think Mr Hill will have them up for this particular fixture?

Anti-cliquism is the last refuge of the messageboard scoundrel - Copyright Dorset Dale productions

As predicted on 10:22 - Sep 19 with 2093 viewsbennersdale

As predicted on 14:33 - Sep 18 by RotherhamDale

It's nothing like Hill at Barnsley.

Hill's teams failed on the football pitch, and he had spats with the fans.

Colemans teams weren't actually too bad results wise, but they were horrible. He signed his mates who were never going to be good enough, they dived, time wasted... they just behaved terribly, it was pathetic. We even had a player being accused of racially abusing a Dagenham player... on the Kick It Out day! Unbelievable.

Oh, what ever happened to MightyScouse?

He moved to bury.

Hasta el valle abajo de la cerveza

As predicted on 14:02 - Sep 19 with 1982 viewsTVOS1907

As predicted on 08:27 - Sep 19 by aleanddale

Poor Accy!!

Up the Dale.

I'd be absolutely stunned if Barnsley brought anywhere near 3000.

As predicted on 17:51 - Sep 19 with 1893 viewsColDale

Look upon Coleman & Accy like the old Crazy Gang at Wimbledon.

Used to love Wimbledon being up there on minute resources, putting the big boys' noses out of joint. On closer inspection, the tactics and football were horrible but that was never the point. They were surviving at a level they never should. What worked at Wimbledon never really worked elsewhere (except Sheff United).
As predicted on 20:02 - Sep 19 with 1810 viewsWhiteyBFC

As predicted on 20:26 - Sep 18 by nordenblue

And some of your tools will get a chance to shout abuse at Hilly for problems not mildly related to him, as Kevin Keegan once said "id just love it" if we turned you over again.
Whitey we probably took nearly double to Fleetwood on our last visit than you did if we're all getting billy big bollox

I wasn't getting Billy Big bollocks. I'm the friendliest bloke I can be. But I'm not a mug, and as lovely as it is to constantly slap you lot on the back (I do it so often), I still read nothing positive on here about MY club. Do you get my point?

Yes, the 'tools' as you refer to them hate Keith and haven't a good word for him or Dale, and you lot haven't a good word for Barnsley etc. Whereas I hold no angst inside me for Keith, he helped kickstart the career of my better half's son for starters. And I'm a reasonable enough bloke to look back upon his time at Oakwell without prejudice and see things in a fair manner. He did well for four, five months, wasn't backed in my opinion after losing key players and lost the plot for the next ten, eleven months to the point where he was signing Mido on 5k a week and blaming Bobby Hassell for things on the field despite not having Bobby Hassell on the field. Take a look at the photo of him upon returning to Dale. He looked a broken man. He was. We broke him.

But if I was getting Billy Big bollocks, I could be here all day. Really.

Remember I said the battle lines were drawn, no nice Whitey in the lead up to our game? Yep.

Think about it.
As predicted on 20:19 - Sep 19 with 1776 viewsWhiteyBFC

As predicted on 20:32 - Sep 18 by TVOS1907

Arf.

I'd blame Wilson for Barnsley's plight. After all, he left them for Sheffield Wednesday.

Or what about John Hendrie?
Dave Bassett?
Nigel Spackman?
Steve Parkin?
Glyn Hodges?
Gudjon Thordarson?
Paul Hart?
Andy Ritchie?
Simon Davey?
Mark Robins?
David Flitcroft?
Danny Wilson?

See, we're back to the cause of all this angst.

I don't blame any one individual for our 'perceived' failings. To do so would be ignorant.

We're debt free. We have a fantastic academy facility that has recently produced a future England captain. We have a decent board now (I met the CEO last weekend) who are working 'with' fans, not against them. It's very refreshing. We have a very exciting young squad of players (youngest in the league). We still average 10,000 supporters and we're taking 1,000 away. Our owner is a Barnsley man. That might not mean owt to some but it does me, especially in this modern era of football where the Vincent Tan's and Milan Mandaric's are so prevalent. I'm very pleased with where we are and who and what we are. There's still room for improvement, of course, but we're in a much better position now than we've been in for years.

Danny Wilson took us to the Premier League. His signing of Ashley Ward who later made us £4.5m built us the away stand. Him getting us promoted, enabled us to build the best academy in Yorkshire. He put Barnsley on the map after a desperate period in the 80's what with the social and economical problems caused by Thatcherism. He's rightly lauded as a hero. But he's no miracle worker, as last season proved. It took him three years last time to achieve something we'll never forget. If it takes him three years to take us back where we belong and in a position to thrive back up there, I'm willing to wait.

But Nigel Spackman was to blame, is the short answer. The noughties version of Flicker. Where 20 midfielders are never quite enough. And mates rates apply. COUGH agents fees COUGH.
As predicted on 20:21 - Sep 19 with 1769 viewsColDale

As predicted on 20:02 - Sep 19 by WhiteyBFC

I wasn't getting Billy Big bollocks. I'm the friendliest bloke I can be. But I'm not a mug, and as lovely as it is to constantly slap you lot on the back (I do it so often), I still read nothing positive on here about MY club. Do you get my point?

Yes, the 'tools' as you refer to them hate Keith and haven't a good word for him or Dale, and you lot haven't a good word for Barnsley etc. Whereas I hold no angst inside me for Keith, he helped kickstart the career of my better half's son for starters. And I'm a reasonable enough bloke to look back upon his time at Oakwell without prejudice and see things in a fair manner. He did well for four, five months, wasn't backed in my opinion after losing key players and lost the plot for the next ten, eleven months to the point where he was signing Mido on 5k a week and blaming Bobby Hassell for things on the field despite not having Bobby Hassell on the field. Take a look at the photo of him upon returning to Dale. He looked a broken man. He was. We broke him.

Remember I said the battle lines were drawn, no nice Whitey in the lead up to our game? Yep.

Think about it.

a broken man? Look at him now, he's even modelling next year's away kit on the Friday Dale Player interview
As predicted on 20:21 - Sep 19 with 1769 viewsTVOS1907

Think about it.

I think it's more to do with some of the irrational posters on your forum, rather than Barnsley as a club.

Even you think some of them are bonkers!

As predicted on 20:22 - Sep 19 with 1765 viewsWhiteyBFC

As predicted on 20:32 - Sep 18 by PDIDDY

And your mob of 1000 strong will march on unchallenged, unlike at west ham , when I apparently didn't attend, liar?

I have literally no idea what you're on about, and, considering I never talk to you on here yet you claim to dislike me, I find it ironic and somewhat troubling (for you) that you keep on attempting to interact with me.

Well there you go. I've replied to you. Bet you feel all warm inside.

You've pissed yourself is all.
As predicted on 20:23 - Sep 19 with 1763 viewsTVOS1907

As predicted on 20:19 - Sep 19 by WhiteyBFC

I don't blame any one individual for our 'perceived' failings. To do so would be ignorant.

We're debt free. We have a fantastic academy facility that has recently produced a future England captain. We have a decent board now (I met the CEO last weekend) who are working 'with' fans, not against them. It's very refreshing. We have a very exciting young squad of players (youngest in the league). We still average 10,000 supporters and we're taking 1,000 away. Our owner is a Barnsley man. That might not mean owt to some but it does me, especially in this modern era of football where the Vincent Tan's and Milan Mandaric's are so prevalent. I'm very pleased with where we are and who and what we are. There's still room for improvement, of course, but we're in a much better position now than we've been in for years.

Danny Wilson took us to the Premier League. His signing of Ashley Ward who later made us £4.5m built us the away stand. Him getting us promoted, enabled us to build the best academy in Yorkshire. He put Barnsley on the map after a desperate period in the 80's what with the social and economical problems caused by Thatcherism. He's rightly lauded as a hero. But he's no miracle worker, as last season proved. It took him three years last time to achieve something we'll never forget. If it takes him three years to take us back where we belong and in a position to thrive back up there, I'm willing to wait.

But Nigel Spackman was to blame, is the short answer. The noughties version of Flicker. Where 20 midfielders are never quite enough. And mates rates apply. COUGH agents fees COUGH.

The point is, some of your fans blame a 0-0 draw at Fleetwood on Hill, yet we could delve far back in time to another one of your numerous managers if we want to play that game.

As predicted on 20:25 - Sep 19 with 1754 viewsTVOS1907

As predicted on 20:22 - Sep 19 by WhiteyBFC

I have literally no idea what you're on about, and, considering I never talk to you on here yet you claim to dislike me, I find it ironic and somewhat troubling (for you) that you keep on attempting to interact with me.

Well there you go. I've replied to you. Bet you feel all warm inside.

You've pissed yourself is all.

You told him last week that Barnsley hadn't played West Ham for 30 years, yet they have played them several times since then.

PDIDDY claimed to be at one of those games.

As predicted on 20:30 - Sep 19 with 1741 viewsnordenblue

Think about it.

Whitey without stating the obvious you're on a ROCHDALE forum so people on here generally appreciate all things Dale and not too bothered about other teams, least of all much love for a club who've taken our manager twice in recent years not to mention hand picked our better players, and done nothing but criticise.I for one wont forget the pricks from YOUR club posting on here with their billy big bollox attitude when Hilly left us for your good selves rubbing our noses in it.
You say Hilly looked a broken man when returning to us, i couldn't disagree more, he looked like a man returning home to a club that appreciate how good a manager he actually is, rather than some deluded idiots (yourself excluded) who have ideas well above their station and no realistic chance of ever achieving regardless of manager.
As predicted on 20:41 - Sep 19 with 1722 viewsWhiteyBFC

As predicted on 14:02 - Sep 19 by TVOS1907

I'd be absolutely stunned if Barnsley brought anywhere near 3000.

Our club have announced today that we've received just 1,300 tickets for this. I'm guessing that's an initial allocation with leeway for extra should we require?
As predicted on 20:43 - Sep 19 with 1719 viewsTVOS1907

As predicted on 20:41 - Sep 19 by WhiteyBFC

Our club have announced today that we've received just 1,300 tickets for this. I'm guessing that's an initial allocation with leeway for extra should we require?

Think Dale did that with Bradford, then announced it was pay on the day 24 hours before the game.

They ended up bringing 2333 in the end, so there was plenty of room.

As predicted on 20:50 - Sep 19 with 1709 viewsWhiteyBFC

As predicted on 20:25 - Sep 19 by TVOS1907

You told him last week that Barnsley hadn't played West Ham for 30 years, yet they have played them several times since then.

PDIDDY claimed to be at one of those games.

That's where you (or him.. or both of you) are wrong. I remember that now. Didn't realise it was PDIDDY who said it. But yes, you/he/whoever, it's not what I said. I said in response to him suggesting we had played well at West Ham - "we've not played well against them for 30 years". Not verbatim, mind. But aye, that's what I said.
As predicted on 20:55 - Sep 19 with 1698 viewsWhiteyBFC

As predicted on 20:23 - Sep 19 by TVOS1907

The point is, some of your fans blame a 0-0 draw at Fleetwood on Hill, yet we could delve far back in time to another one of your numerous managers if we want to play that game.

They didn't blame Keith for a 0-0 draw. Creative license was used on that. It was a post saying "how low are we that we now consider a draw against Fleetwood 'good'?" or summat to that effect.

But he (Conan, the biggest Keith hater on our forum) then ended by saying the rot had set in under Hill, who lowered all expectations.

In fact, why am I typing this? Here's the basterd thread.

http://bbs.barnsleyfc.org.uk/showthread.php?216342-Billy-Big-Balls-Post-Coming-U

Read it, it's good fun for ten minutes, and I'm awesome in it. As ever.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024